Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, I don’t think he had help. He planned and executed said plan by his lonesome bc he’s so smart. He might have tricked a TN and possibly GD into errands that facilitated the coverup, but I feel they were unaware of that at the time. MOO
Can't wait to read the AA.
A giant spider web of people Barry has tried to influence to do his bidding ... all leading back to himself and his devious deeds.

Tyson claimed Barry was spotted at a bike shop digging through the trash. Is Poncha Market a bike shop or a convienence store? I was sure it was the latter, so I'm curious why he called it a bike shop. For that matter, NG said it was the dump so... that was also weird.
IIRC, it is a small market with deli AND it is a meetup spot for bicyclists.

Recording of Webex for CO courts has nothing to do with this particular case. It literally was made for people to be able to show up for their court cases virtually. It's always been illegal to record it. Just because this case is high profile doesn't mean these laws should change. That particular court room would stream all day virtually like that for people to be able to pop in and out for their cases. The reason the court room view is made accessible is some lawyers will show up in person for their clients who still appear virtually.

It literally gives you a warning before entering the webex that it's illegal to record/stream, IMO if you (not you specifically) can't grasp this then you shouldn't be on there.

Yeah - I get that. But something went wrong, because you're not going to convince me that youtubers from all over are still able to watch from that courtroom. They intended for the sound to go out and someone screwed up somewhere (there's an icon that turns off the video on WebEx - they didn't use it and by "they" I mean the Court).

I don't think anyone saw any warning - it was livestreamed as it happened, and I watched it simultaneously on two channels - and no warning came up because the stream had already been set up to record before they flipped the switch for it to be publicly broadcast audibly. I could have recorded the whole thing myself if I wished. Now it is possible that those youtubers collectively decided to roll past that warning at the beginning - in which case, they are definitely in violation of the law. But since one of them just had dead air and a nearly empty courtroom for about 15 minutes - I doubt they saw the warning, either.

In WebEx, as with Zoom, meetings are supposed to be private or controlled by the Court/the school. That's not what happened in Chaffee County this morning.

I was very surprised.

ETA: It's still available so I watched the beginning. It's odd that the one guy reorganizes the family so that the girls aren't on camera (I wondered who the man in the jury box was - I wonder if it's Barry's nephew? Looks like him but hard to say with the mask). Why would the man do that, if it was not anticipated that the video was to be streamed?

I am just not getting this. The girls move twice, as they are still on camera after their first move. The camera goes dark a couple of times during this, but then is on for the whole hearing.

I hope this type of miscommunication within the court does not continue.

Last edited:
Fox 21 Legal Analyst Chris Decker (a different Chris not to be confused with Chris McDonough) broke down and explained BM's Advisement Hearing using the laws of Colorado applicable to BM. He also explained the Civil Protection Order imposed on BM when communicating with his daughters. Decker's 5 min video is linked below.

And for anybody that listened to Chris McDonough's (Interview Room YTube) 6-minute preface to BM's Advisement Hearing, please disregard what you heard and listen to Chris Decker's breakdown. Chris M's preface was clearly void of any knowledge of Colorado criminal courts, and what he stated as fact is not accurate.
Suzanne Morphew case: Husband Barry Morphew held without bail | FOX31 Denver
Why would there even be Protection Order imposed on BM when communicating with his daughters??
Did already show signs of aggression? Or do they anticipate signs of aggression?

They moved them out of the audience area and into the jury box. The entire public audience area was visible throughout the hearing (and before and after). The area off camera was not the audience area.

In every major court room, there is a public area, and no member of the public is supposed to go beyond that rail into the area where the Judge is (which we could not see). We would see a corner of the jury box (which only approved people can sit in). Obviously, no one sits in the judge's chair except the judge.

I am not speaking about the jury box. It is a special, non-public area and the judge approved the daughters to sit there. Which is unusual. But compassionate. Still...since the judge thought there was no video on (he so stated), it's still an unusual move that enabled them to be close to their father on this terrible day for the entire family.

OTOH, it also meant that Barry could see his daughters' grief and their reactions (which is why, typically, the defendant is seated so that he cannot see the audience area...) Barry gets to sit in his cell and think about his daughters' reactions. Obviously, this practice won't continue through trial.

Ah yes, I misunderstood what you were saying. They were in the courtroom but not in the audience area.

Why would there even be Protection Order imposed on BM when communicating with his daughters??
Did already show signs of aggression? Or do they anticipate signs of aggression?
I was intrigued by the language used. BM cannot intimidate, threaten, or annoy.

It made me wonder if domestic violence in the form of coercive control will be a part of the prosecution’s case.

It is no soul there to see. Think of BMs voluminous time spent hunting and skinning raccoons in the woods behind his childhood home and deer as a teenager.

I think we've seen images of BM w/ big game that imply he's the best trapper, tracker, hunter, killer.

There's racks from once live animals hanging on the PP walls.

He's comfortable killing. He's comfortable around death.

Eta:
I love hunters, fishers and gatherers but this is about BM killing Suzanne.
Don't know if I can agree with that analysis. He, in my opinion, doesn't look even close to the big hunter. He looks like someone who has been looking over his shoulder, just waiting for the blue lights to appear. Maybe guilt has been eating at him, or most likely fear. I can only hope that he confesses and tells where Suzanne can be found.

Have we ever even seen that before? Only other case I can think of that has a likeness is the Paul Caneiro case in NJ? No protection order for his daughters. That I saw anyway?? JMO

Imo, it comes as no surprise that this murder was premeditated. I've always believed it was planned with much thought and way in advance, possibly of them even moving to Colorado, where Suzanne became totally isolated from her loved ones. All the coincidences never sat right with me: Suzanne being all alone on Mother's Day, girls out of town, no cams, poor Wifi and cell service, Barry out of town, etc. I truly believe something went south for ole Barry during that Mother's Day weekend that screwed up his pre-planned alibi, and caused everything to become messy, and he was in full panic mode when he gathered his workers for the Broomfield job. Maybe he did have a fire training course that weekend, and it got cancelled suddenly due to Covid, or maybe the girls decided to head back to Salida earlier than scheduled. Whatever it was, I do hope we will one day have the answers to this puzzling case. That arrest warrant cannot come fast enough, I tell ya. (I think you ALL know).

FYI: I dreamed about Barry and the girls last night. We were in a house together, and I knew he was a murderer. We were playing games like Ring around the Rosie (kinda), and all the while I was thinking, is this man gonna flip and kill us? Lol. Hopefully, my Barry dreams are coming to a close.

From the Daily Mail, photos of Barry and his "friend," out living their best life getting some Mexican food. :rolleyes: Not anymore, Bear Bare. Not anymore. We were never going to let you just kill your sweet wife and move on like she was garbage. Nope. Not on our watch. :(

What a dirty-dog...hope he enjoyed that while it lasted because his options in prison will be quite different..:eek: JMO

Yeah - I get that. But something went wrong, because you're not going to convince me that youtubers from all over are still able to watch from that courtroom. They intended for the sound to go out and someone screwed up somewhere (there's an icon that turns off the video on WebEx - they didn't use it and by "they" I mean the Court).

I don't think anyone saw any warning - it was livestreamed as it happened, and I watched it simultaneously on two channels - and no warning came up because the stream had already been set up to record before they flipped the switch for it to be publicly broadcast audibly. I could have recorded the whole thing myself if I wished. Now it is possible that those youtubers collectively decided to roll past that warning at the beginning - in which case, they are definitely in violation of the law. But since one of them just had dead air and a nearly empty courtroom for about 15 minutes - I doubt they saw the warning, either.

In WebEx, as with Zoom, meetings are supposed to be private or controlled by the Court/the school. That's not what happened in Chaffee County this morning.

I was very surprised.

ETA: It's still available so I watched the beginning. It's odd that the one guy reorganizes the family so that the girls aren't on camera (I wondered who the man in the jury box was - I wonder if it's Barry's nephew? Looks like him but hard to say with the mask). Why would the man do that, if it was not anticipated that the video was to be streamed?

I am just not getting this. The girls move twice, as they are still on camera after their first move. The camera goes dark a couple of times during this, but then is on for the whole hearing.

I hope this type of miscommunication within the court does not continue.

I think there’s one misunderstanding. Everyone knew the WebEx was going to be streamed live. It’s the equivalent of open court. When you clicked to watch, you agreed not to record or broadcast the stream. The YouTube streamers violated that condition - they recorded and broadcasted the stream.

The official pool camera was granted and everyone knew what was recorded on that feed WAS going to be taped and rebroadcast. They limited the audio for that feed and decided when it could go on and off.

The issue here is when you physically attend a court proceeding they do not allow you to bring your phone in unless you get a media or attorney pass. In the court I practice in most they have metal detectors (even for attorneys) and they will physically take your laptop or phone and put it in a locker if you try to enter with it.

Here, you are a member of the public from home. They are trusting you to follow the rules and JUST WATCH the WebEx. Not record, not stream. But since they don’t have security to pat you down and take your phone, they depend on your honesty. Here, streamers completely disregarded the rules and rebroadcast a stream that was not supposed to be recorded.

It was selfish and will just result in a closed WebEx or lottery tickets for a few people. It’s a big example of a few people ruining it for everyone. That’s why it’s important even if we think the rule is silly and impractical.

Imo, it comes as no surprise that this murder was premeditated. I've always believed it was planned with much thought and way in advance, possibly of them even moving to Colorado, where Suzanne became totally isolated from her loved ones. All the coincidences never sat right with me: Suzanne being all alone on Mother's Day, girls out of town, no cams, poor Wifi and cell service, Barry out of town, etc. I truly believe something went south for ole Barry during that Mother's Day weekend that screwed up his pre-planned alibi, and caused everything to become messy, and he was in full panic mode when he gathered his workers for the Broomfield job. Maybe he did have a fire training course that weekend, and it got cancelled suddenly due to Covid, or maybe the girls decided to head back to Salida earlier than scheduled. Whatever it was, I do hope we will one day have the answers to this puzzling case. That arrest warrant cannot come fast enough, I tell ya. (I think you ALL know).

FYI: I dreamed about Barry and the girls last night. We were in a house together, and I knew he was a murderer. We were playing games like Ring around the Rosie (kinda), and all the while I was thinking, is this man gonna flip and kill us? Lol. Hopefully, my Barry dreams are coming to a close.

From the Daily Mail, photos of Barry and his "friend," out living their best life getting some Mexican food. :rolleyes: Not anymore, Bear Bare. Not anymore. We were never going to let you just kill your sweet wife and move on like she was garbage. Nope. Not on our watch. :(
What are the photos about?

I was intrigued by the language used. BM cannot intimidate, threaten, or annoy.

It made me wonder if domestic violence in the form of coercive control will be a part of the prosecution’s case.

The language used along with the court protecting them by not showing their images etc, when I don't believe either are minors anymore, has me thinking the same thing.

Sorry if already posted:

Two deputies remain outside #BarryMorphew condo in Poncha Springs. Evidence tape is over every window and door of the home.
@FOX21News

12:20 PM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

E0ukyDjVoAAU5hY

E0ukyDpVIAMEhMg

I have to wonder, is his new condo considered a crime scene, or "evidence" in general? Why else seal it up nice and tidy with all the evidence tape?

Shut The Front Door!!!! I had to read the thread title three times before *arrest* sunk in!!!!
For his daughters sake I hope he spills his guts and let’s then bring their mumma home.

BBM
He is a narcissist.....he will never give anything up for the sake of his daughters. He only cares about Barry.

Husband arrested on first-degree murder charge in disappearance of former Indiana teacher
He faces a first-degree murder charge. Suzanne Morphew was last seen on Mother's Day weekend of 2020 near her Chaffee County home.

His daughters told him they loved him.
. Morphew's daughters sat in the jury box during the hearing which was being used for spectators to allow for social distancing. The jury box bumps up to the defense table, where their dad was seated. A 9NEWS reporter who was in the courtroom heard them tell their dad that they loved him.

Suzanne Morphew case: Husband arrested on murder charge | wthr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member