Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm just going to say while I was married I inherited a good chunk of money. My ex was horrible and even though he wanted the divorce, I had to find a way to sneak to a lawyer. I had tons of money but I couldn't touch it! I had to ask the mailman to hand deliver any mail to me personally (bless him). I was only allowed 10 minutes of cell phone time per month. My aunt would write checks to a friend of mine and mail them to her.....she would cash the checks and bring the cash to me so I could sneak to the lawyer's office. It was terrifying, but I did it.
I won't go into it all, but there was A LOT of complex maneuvering that had to be done. A LOT. Not everyone can do it. I should be in the CIA...for real...it was a lot.
I was out of state like SM.
Thankfully you had good assistance to escape your living conditions.

They keep assuring us there was no falling out but actions speak louder than words.
Suzanne's case was/is Mike and Chris's baby.
Mike had Linda and Scott on his channel and at the same time Chris went live.

Even for the point Chris is in Colorado as it broke, why didn't mike have him on live for an update???

They are not on good terms. No way.

moo
It could be a conflict with their personalities. Mike seems more subdued than Chris. Mike seems like he wants to run more of a covert operation whereas Chris seems to want to run an overt operation.

It might also involve money. I don't know how much they make from Profiling Evil. However, perhaps, Chris wanted a bigger piece of the pie than Mike was willing to give him. Hence, he broke out on his own.

So I'm just going to say while I was married I inherited a good chunk of money. My ex was horrible and even though he wanted the divorce, I had to find a way to sneak to a lawyer. I had tons of money but I couldn't touch it! I had to ask the mailman to hand deliver any mail to me personally (bless him). I was only allowed 10 minutes of cell phone time per month. My aunt would write checks to a friend of mine and mail them to her.....she would cash the checks and bring the cash to me so I could sneak to the lawyer's office. It was terrifying, but I did it.
I won't go into it all, but there was A LOT of complex maneuvering that had to be done. A LOT. Not everyone can do it. I should be in the CIA...for real...it was a lot.
I was out of state like SM.
Wow. Congratulations! Hopefully, you kept your inheritance separate and didn't co-mingle it with marital assets. Did you move back home? Do you feel safe now? Seems like you figured out how to get out with your life and hopefully your inheritance!

My ex-husband used to always tell me that he could murder me and get away with it. I was fearful of him and told him that I had sent a letter to my father detailing the threats and what to do if I disappeared. My father told me years later that he told my ex-husband that if anything ever happened to me, he would hunt him down and kill him. My father would have, too.

They say that people should aim at spending every last dime that they have to avoid the fights over inheritance money. When we get to our "(next to) final resting place," we need to speak to an estate attorney to determine the best way to distribute our estate.

It sounds like Suzanne was intuitive enough to feel afraid. I guess that we all don't want to think that our spouses would actually resort to murder. The weekend that she was murdered was unfortunately the perfect storm. I wish that she had planned a trip for herself while the kids were gone. Perhaps, Barry wouldn't allow it.

JMO.

Last edited:
I doubt LE would have given him any information about the investigation. It was their criticism of LE which led to the public accusing LE of not doing their jobs. They seemed to be resentful of that during the PC. They shouldn't have to keep ensuring the public that they are doing everything in their power to ensure justice for Suzanne.

Any connection he has likly has more to do with hanging out in Salida and talking to people, and information from Andy or SM. Imo

Very true but I still believe someone close to the investigation gave him information. Maybe not that Barry will be arrest but maybe a “hey something is about to happen, you might want to get down to Salida”

I think he has inside information. Have you ever seen his videos he posts on Youtube? He seems to know a lot of information from family/friends. He may even have a connection with LE. MOO

EDIT: He has worked in law enforcement before. I think he is a retired homicide detective. I think they can trust him and he won't leak information to jeopardize the case. MOO
Thank you. I know LE kept everything about their investigation so secret I just couldn’t see them giving Chris M information about the arrest. But it was very coincidental he was in Salida that day. Thanks again.

Wow. Congratulations! Hopefully, you kept your inheritance separate and didn't co-mingle it with marital assets. Did you move back home? Do you feel safe now? Seems like you figured out how to get out with your life and hopefully your inheritance!

They say that people should aim at spending every last dime that they have to avoid the fights over inheritance money. When we get to our "(next to) final resting place," we need to speak to an estate attorney to figure the best way to distribute our estate.

It sounds like Suzanne was intuitive enough to feel afraid. I guess that we all don't want to think that our spouse would actually resort to murder. The weekend that she was murdered was unfortunately the perfect storm. I wish that she had planned a trip for herself while the kids were gone. Perhaps, Barry wouldn't allow it.

JMO.
Let's just say I kicked his @ss.

And kudos to your dad!

I'm sure she would not have been allowed to go on any trip.
Only a "bike ride".

Last edited:
Are we speaking of the woman who helps him take out the Mexican food?

If I were confronting someone, I wouldn't sit down and have dinner. Perhaps it was more of a covert operation on her part, to gain his trust and get some information.
Snipped for focus. This is what I'm thinking. She's a plant. Funny co-inkidink that the Daily Mail just by chance magically happened to be in camera view when this went down.

The woman looks kinda like SM, which adds another dimension to the liaison.

An interesting thing about SM’s sister saying that SM sent her a text on Friday that she was scared. SM’s sister doesn’t mention any follow up messages or calls. I wonder if that Friday message is the last time SM’s sister heard from her.
Wouldn’t her sister have asked why and the messaging continue and SM elaborated why she was scared or did it end with “I’m scared” maybe there’s more to the text but it’s being held back by LE.

One more question for the amazing fellow WSers:

Does anyone know why CM and MK no longer work together under PE? CM has his own now but it seems there was a falling out of some sort?
I believe @K9Enzo gives a good summary below of the difference in their working styles. Chris pretty much went sideways during Andy's Salida search last year -- he was unfiltered in his criticism of CCSO, and I don't think things were ever the same between the partners after that.

IMO only Law Enforcement, that were specifically assigned to Suzanne Morphew’s case and worked it tirelessly, are the one that got this case where it is today (thank you to these men & women). Not Chris M. from YouTube. I’ll throw him a bone and say he knew of the pending arrest of BM (although I think it’s likely as well he was heading that way for the 1 year anniversary to record). If that’s true, this guy is literally, by his own admission, driving by or parked at BM condo the night before his arrest. To me, that is beyond disappointing and a civilian potentially interfering with a active police investigation, same as before during Andy’s search last Fall. He then says LE was living next to BM, he knows it was LE because he recognized the assets they had while he’s basically snooping around. I’m speechless & again disappointed.

Anyway, off to train my dog this morning. IMO IMO

ETA: you don’t see Mike King doing things like this. Thank you, Sir.

Very true but I still believe someone close to the investigation gave him information. Maybe not that Barry will be arrest but maybe a “hey something is about to happen, you might want to get down to Salida”
Yes, there may have been increased police activity around his home. Some members here on WS predicted there would be an arrest around the anniversary of Suzanne's disappearance.

Snipped for focus. This is what I'm thinking. She's a plant. Funny co-inkidink that the Daily Mail just by chance magically happened to be in camera view when this went down.

If I thought he possibly killed SM I certainly would be too afraid to confront him possibly make him angry especially sitting alone with him in the cab conversing unless she was a plant wearing a wire.

I wonder if investigators had her or someone else wear a wire.

Wouldn’t her sister have asked why and the messaging continue and SM elaborated why she was scared or did it end with “I’m scared” maybe there’s more to the text but it’s being held back by LE.

That is what I was thinking. If a sibling texted me that they were scared, I’d drop everything and call or message back.

Perhaps that communication occurred and we don’t know about it. Or perhaps SM was killed that Friday and could not respond.

Posted by Lauren Scharf on her FB account as a follow up answer, the following statement from the housekeeper Lauren interviewed who says she saw the Morphews on Wed before MD.

The housekeeper didn’t want to go on camera as she had been cleaning the rental units in Morphews neighborhood.

Quoting:
Bridget Bulker (housekeeper)
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
There is no media link to post.

Error505, Jul 24, 2020Report
#8Like
Reposting from Thread 22-
Thank you for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online