Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM's Hypo Confession to Dau's?
The most incriminating evidence at trial will be M and M. IMHO SUPER MOO! BM FALSELY told them he did it...nobly - at SM’s cancer-pain motivated request, out of love, not withstanding the legal risk to himself
@jondaba bbm Okay.
He did the noble thing - as BM hypothetically told the daughters?

So noble that BM moved SM's body?
So noble that he hid her remains, undiscovered a year later?
So noble that he sold a no-longer needed vehicle?
So noble that he took a trip to Mex. w another woman & his dau's within mo's of SM's death?
So noble that he sold their family home w'in a yr?
So noble ... [you get the idea].
OH, Barry, you are so noble; you are a prince among men./sarc

Denial can be very strong, but imo if he made this claim, even the dau's would have a hard time believing it. my2ct.

Last edited:
I only offer this up as a theory and in light of learning how devious BM can be. But if you were pre-planning something and needed to get rid of critical evidence quickly - and had a window of time to do this within - what would possibly be these types of places that you could find quickly and in the middle of the night ?? Not too far away - but far enough. Places that could hide things deeply and no digging would be needed. Places where a weighted down cooler would sink and sink - offering up the confidence that it would never be found. Go out a bit in radius from Maysville - south. I offer up a very large and deep reservoir. Actually the largest reservoir in Colorado. It has limited traffic in the depths of night and a highway which crosses two bridges. Bridges that cross over deep water and have low guard rails. Just a theory mind you - but a place that could be familiar to outdoorsman, hunters, fisherman. And folks that have become familiar with the area.

For any of you weight lifters, body builders etc. how long will it take for BM muscles to shrink while in jail not working out?
3 weeks tops? Cardio maybe 2-3 days. AND if he was on any kind on metabolic steroid, withdrawal is pretty intense at this very moment, right now, in his jail cell. I heard it's brutal. Oh well.

Thank you for this post. I hadn’t thought about this angle, but I wouldn’t put anything past Barry....but whatever he’s told the girls, he’s kept their loyalty up to this point. I hope they reach out to their extended Moorman family for support at some point. Thinking of Gene Moorman in his final days tearing up with worry for his beautiful granddaughters’ futures is heartbreaking
Maybe the daughters are loyal to him don't want to get him angry so he doesn’t hurt or be mean to them like mom after all he’s the only surviving parent. It’s interesting the conditions the judge put on the protective order for the girls to visit. Judge may have based that on something in the AA.

JMO

I only offer this up as a theory and in light of learning how devious BM can be. But if you were pre-planning something and needed to get rid of critical evidence quickly - and had a window of time to do this within - what would possibly be these types of places that you could find quickly and in the middle of the night ?? Not too far away - but far enough. Places that could hide things deeply and no digging would be needed. Places where a weighted down cooler would sink and sink - offering up the confidence that it would never be found. Go out a bit in radius from Maysville - south. I offer up a very large and deep reservoir. Actually the largest reservoir in Colorado. It has limited traffic in the depths of night and a highway which crosses two bridges. Bridges that cross over deep water and have low guard rails. Just a theory mind you - but a place that could be familiar to outdoorsman, hunters, fisherman. And folks that have become familiar with the area.

The one thing I can’t rationalize is why gps data wouldn’t give something like that away?

The lack of gps data guiding us to where SM is located, makes me think he took an ATV or eBike back into the open land that their home backs up into. With a full moon and open power line trails, it wouldn’t have been too difficult, especially since BM was apparently very familiar with that land from hunting elk sheds.

The one thing I can’t rationalize is why gps data wouldn’t give something like that away?

The lack of gps data guiding us to where SM is located, makes me think he took an ATV or eBike back into the open land that their home backs up into. With a full moon and open power line trails, it wouldn’t have been too difficult, especially since BM was apparently very familiar with that land from hunting elk sheds.
Unless he has a friend who has done 400 tours in Iraq and owns an old pre-gps JEEP Inmate Morphew borrowed. A good army buddy would probably give Inmate Morphew the shirt off his back since they are great workout buddies. Purely speculation & MOO.

Hmmm, dunno. But they went with another family member iirc in MSM.. an aunt?
We may find out that was just rumor about the aunt accompanying the camping trip. As a matter of fact, I’m almost 100% positive we’ll find out she didn’t join them. It was also stated it was a church camp, but the beginning of May was peak Covid and churches weren’t even holding in person Sunday services for the most part in Colorado. Even dine-in restaurants around Salida had take-out only. MOO

Agree, would the mods agree? :) :)

huh, in my state, anyone in any jail or prison shows up on the state DOC website, it shows their inmate #, charges, bond amount etc. I looked at Colorado’s DOC inmate search and nothing came up under his name. Then, searched chaffee county site and it seems it doesn’t let you look up inmates. Bummer.

I was wondering, what happens to human blood when mixed with animal blood? Does it show up differently when they use their detection equipment, can dogs tell the difference? Are they able to differentiate between the two different dna's?
Yes, a lab test can differentiate between animal and human DNA. I'm not sure about blood scenting dogs, but I think a common mistake cadaver dogs make is mistaking animal remains for human remains. Probably not so much for experienced LE dogs, though. Imo

Back when Chris/PE was talking about the cars, I had a theory that I wish I could fully remember.

But it was basically that the cars themselves weren’t important, as they’d all be expected to be at the PP home, but it was how they were parked. My guess is that no cars were parked in the garage and instead they were all parked in the driveway, with the suspicion that BM pulled a vehicle into the garage to load SM’s body covertly, and never parked the cars back in the garage. Perhaps it is odd that a nice black Range Rover that is always in the garage, wasn’t in there when LE showed up.

Somewhat related to that theory is that the pics of the PP home when BM put it up for sale, did not include pics of the garage, mud room entry or kitchen. So it made me feel like those rooms were really important and possible completely torn up by LE.

I've been thinking about the cars, it's why I asked if we knew which one was Suzanne's. In the drone? Footage at the beginning of Suzanne's case, there's a white vehicle backed up into the driveway - it had crossed my mind that some DV groups, who, when supporting someone living with DV will suggest to back up the vehicle for an easier get away if needed when setting out a safety plan with them. Although I think Suzanne endured years of abuse from BM considering what's been said about him as controlling, what her siblings feel etc. Maybe the white vehicle backed up like that suggests that Suzanne was indeed attending a support group for herself and not in any other capacity, or maybe Suzanne always parked that way. idk.

jmo and thoughts.

Hope you all doing ok?

eta - apologies for jumping off your post

Plus just another thought. Many Ford trucks - have the options of having large steel toolboxes / or plastic storage containers - that is seated up by the cab - but still in the bed of the truck. I am not sure if they can be removed in whole ??? But it makes sense that they could be - right ? In case of damage etc. Anyone out there with Ford trucks and these types of containers ? They are large and can hold large things. Plus may not be easily missed. ( Or certain excuses could be played out. Oh yes - I had one but it was damaged - getting it replaced. Or - I needed more space in the back of my truck so I took it out. )

I would think that with Suzanne no longer here to bully, boss, control and manipulate my guess these lovely sweet daughters are now enduring this from BM so they probably go along with everything his says to avoid problems. He’s been know to have a temper. After Chris Watts killing his two baby girls I can believe anything. JMO MOO

We may find out that was just rumor about the aunt accompanying the camping trip. As a matter of fact, I’m almost 100% positive we’ll find out she didn’t join them. It was also stated it was a church camp, but the beginning of May was peak Covid and churches weren’t even holding in person Sunday services for the most part in Colorado. Even dine-in restaurants around Salida had take-out only. MOO

I think that a member of the Morphew family already confirmed that the aunt didn't go. It's so hard to find all the sources now, though, so I'll just say that's just my opinion,

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

What about the Chaffee County landfill? Would Barry know the landfill well, being a landscaper, or have any kind of "special" access, even if it's closed? He wouldn't look out of place there, either, late at night or a weekend. He could have killed Suzanne, put her in a vehicle, tossed the bike, tossed the helmet (if it wasn't planted days later), driven through Poncha Springs and tossed whatever it was he was digging for in the garbage there days later, then been at the landfill in about 25-30 mins. Here's the map.

That just seems like such an obvious thing to do with a body, and was hopefully searched. I'm still a firm believer that she's on the PP grounds, but if she's not, she's someplace he's very familiar with. Easy in, easy out, and not too far from home.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 20.54.22.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 20.54.22.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics