Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it seems petty, maybe not, but I want every single jurisdiction, agency, department, etc., to come crashing down on him as hard as possible. The full weight of the law for every rotten, evil, lying, sneaking, cheating, cruel thing he's ever done. And, if defrauding the US government happened so he could get his filthy hands on money NOT his, (it totally happened), I want to see big ole fat charges for that too.
Not petty at all. ITA
From the DOJ March 26, 2021 press release they have publicly charged 474 defendants with criminal offenses based on fraud schemes.

“To anyone thinking of using the global pandemic as an opportunity to scam and steal from hardworking Americans, my advice is simple – don’t,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Nicholas L. McQuaid of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. “No matter where you are or who you are, we will find you and prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.”

Justice Department Takes Action Against COVID-19 Fraud

Yes. I am not sure when this forgiveness loan came out but it's help small business's with payroll.

Paycheck Protection Program
It was/is an SBA backed loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the COVID-19 crisis - so unless you were operating your business during that time you were not eligible for it !

Maybe SM confronted him about the fraudulent filing of the PPP? Could this be tied in with the living above their means, financial issues her sister referenced- BM knowing SM had information that could put him in jeopardy with the IRS, state or other agencies- leading to possible criminal charges? Insurance fraud? Etc...?

Had SM just finally had it with the whole charade (if there was one, I’m speculating here), and just made the terrible mistake of letting this all be known to him while the girls just happened to be away and he snapped at the notion of losing it all and being found out?

Was SM after beating cancer enlightened and realizing that she wanted to live an authentic life, free of the schemes and lies that had become her marriage? Is this the deterioration of the last few years her sister eludes to? Had greed, material possessions and ego consumed BM? Could have BM possibly turned the daughters against Suzanne by manipulating them into believing that “mom is going to ruin our beautiful lifestyle”? Money and the things it affords you can be extremely intoxicating, especially to youth these days in society. :(- This could tie in to the confusion about who was living in the house, and possible friction in the home prior to her disappearance. I can’t shake the feeling that somehow Suzanne had become the “bad guy” in the parenting game prior to her going missing. I keep thinking about that angle, it just adds up to me - strange?

I do find the timing of the PPP loan interesting, if not significant. Clearly, there was a perfect storm brewing in that PP home and it ended terribly.

Goes without saying- All MOO!

The gov was lax enough to give out money to these employers without seeing proof of taxes paid or 1099's filed? Yeah, I can believe it. Maybe just having 9 1099's filed for a year's time, even though few jobs were actually done sufficed as proof of employment. 1099 = what they give independent contractors like Jeff, etc, instead of paying FICA taxes, and health care, etc. for the employee. Unless it's all just done in cash anyway by BM. Or maybe he just filled out a bunch of them the night before filing for the covid relief.

1099’s wouldn’t be acceptable proof because the PPP loans were to cover paychecks to employees not payment to independent contractors who aren’t considered employees. So BM would need 9 employees who weren’t considered independent contractors for the loan not to be fraudulent.

We’ve only heard about JP, MG and CC and they wouldn’t count as employees. There may well have been employees on BM’s payroll that we haven’t heard about.

Although Bob Cat seems to do a lot of work for Barry...and goes everywhere with him, I don’t think he’d qualify as an employee. MOO

Well, she was getting out. (Remember that bike store). She might have gone out, in principle. But unless her neighbors ran into her there, or her close friends, witnesses seeing someone “looking like Susan” going into the sandwich store could be mistaken. All you need is similar height and weight, similar clothes, a mask, the same wig, and, the main identifier, Barry.
This "out and about having a sandwich" is a total rumor - it has never been substantiated - just another part of Barry's narrative IMO that for some reason has come alive again !

Well, she was getting out. (Remember that bike store). She might have gone out, in principle. But unless her neighbors ran into her there, or her close friends, witnesses seeing someone “looking like Susan” going into the sandwich store could be mistaken. All you need is similar height and weight, similar clothes, a mask, the same wig, and, the main identifier, Barry.
Yes, I remember the bicycle repairman visit Thursday before Mother’s Day. Iirc, LS got confirmation via email about the bike repair shop visit. I’m looking for the link. Iirc the fairly new bike repair shop was located at a private residence, in the garage She wouldn’t really be at risk of being around anyone except the repairman. MOO
EBM typos

I wonder if the girls have access to the money now. Could he sign a POA to them so that they could have access? I think he can. Or maybe he signed it over to his mom. The girls need to live somewhere and eat. I feel sooooooo sad for the girls. Losing their mom and now their dad is locked up for allegedly murdering their mother. Such a shame.
I’d love to peek at his bank account(s). I’m not sure how flush with access to cash BM is. There may not be any “money” left for the girls to have access to. BM was doing a lot of buying and quick selling of cars, property, SMs personal items (clothing), etc. Veneers, plastic surgery, trips to Mexico aren’t cheap. Just my own speculation.
He sold the lot in Longhorn Estates back to the original owner at a loss of like $10k I believe records show. All my opinion and speculation.

I’d love to peek at his bank account(s). I’m not sure how flush with access to cash BM is. There may not be any “money” left for the girls to have access to. BM was doing a lot of buying and quick selling of cars, property, SMs personal items (clothing), etc. Veneers, plastic surgery, trips to Mexico aren’t cheap. Just my own speculation.
He sold the lot in Longhorn Estates back to the original owner at a loss of like $10k I believe records show. All my opinion and speculation.

Leaving no money for the girls would be very sad. Practically going from everything to nothing.

additionally if he really is in such a situation, likely no money for an attorney of his choosing. Another loss of control for him.

Maybe he will confess rapidly to help his daughters face life with some assets to give them a start. IE the assets that were their mother's.

Maybe he will confess rapidly to help his daughters face life with some assets to give them a start. IE the assets that were their mother's.
It'd be nice, but I think we are dealing with another Fotis Dulos here, who'd deplete every last dime for his own benefit and then demand continuing access so he could both manipulate the kids and leverage those who actually care about the kids for even more.

I’m skeptical like everyone else that he’ll confess. But, it would be better for the daughters, his mom, and the Moormans if there was a confession and he told what he did with SM. Even if he had to make up a scenario he lost his patience rage or whatever to save face with his girls. The trial is going to be horrendous when details emerge, IMHO

You mean this loan pays for your company's employee's wages and doesn't have to be paid back! I've never heard of this before. We owned a business 20 years ago and when we were short we had to get a draw from the bank to pay employees pay interest on it and pay it back when we got paid on jobs. I never heard of getting free money to pay your employees in your business.
It was a Covid thing.

It was a $15,000 loss rather than $10,000.

BM closed on the purchase of that lot on June 25, 2020 for $165,000 and he sold it back to the developer for $150,000 and that sale closed Feb 17, 2021. The developer relisted the lot within about a week and sold it late April for $175,000.

I don't think he will ever plead- that requires giving in, which is not one of abilities. He likely sees it as a strength, he will go down on his ship instead of asking for help, begging for forgiveness or telling the truth. In his mind, he's a winner, and winners don't give up. <modsnip>
He doesn't realize that with his choices, everyone including himself loses. He's a loser, and he will do anything he can to not come to terms with that fact. Denial and ignorance to the bitter end, he's too selfish and stubborn to do right by anyone at this point.
his poor daughters :(
all JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a $15,000 loss rather than $10,000.

BM closed on the purchase of that lot on June 25, 2020 for $165,000 and he sold it back to the developer for $150,000 and that sale closed Feb 17, 2021. The developer relisted the lot within about a week and sold it late April for $175,000.

To me, that screams, "I need cash, fast." In addition to the guardianship, the quick listing of Puma Path, getting rid of the Range Rover. All his attempts to raise hard cash. I bet he spent a lot of the last year juggling money.

To me, that screams, "I need cash, fast." In addition to the guardianship, the quick listing of Puma Path, getting rid of the Range Rover. All his attempts to raise hard cash. I bet he spent a lot of the last year juggling money.

But where has all that hard cash gone? He should have well over a million dollars stashed somewhere.

I'm still catching up so apologies if this has already been discussed.

If BM had 9 employees he applied for a PPP loan for, why then, did he need MG to put together "a crew" for the Broomfield job? Why not just... call those 9 employees?
Unless it was for backpay for employees he already used for a job? I assume MG was a regular employee too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB