Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving no money for the girls would be very sad. Practically going from everything to nothing.

additionally if he really is in such a situation, likely no money for an attorney of his choosing. Another loss of control for him.
Barry has to have the money some place. He should have well over $1M. I actually think that the college grad daughter can start out like many of us did. She can get a job and build from there.

It is the younger daughter that needs the most help. She should have the opportunity to go to college. There are enough relatives that I think will support and help her, even without Barry's help.

I also see fraud with the PPP loan. It is my understanding that the PPP loan must be repaid if any of his "employees" are laid off. That "loan" is to keep the employees employed and help the company during Covid. I'd love to know who he claimed were his full-time employees. Hopefully, more charges are coming. It goes to his character (or lack, thereof).

JMO.

Re. the bold, I could see him taking a plea deal depending on how much evidence LE has against him and how well the investigation exploits the truth. Once BM realizes how well LE has him pegged with facts, time lines, witnesses, etc. and realizes that he is nailed then I could see him giving in knowing that there is no way out if nothing more than to spare the daughters and his family from an emotional trial.
He won’t take a plea deal no freaking way he will take his chances on a trial in hopes all he needs to do is convince only one juror with reasonable doubt I know his type he will maintain his innocence of killing their mother. I think no matter what the AA shows he’s brainwashed his daughters tells them LE messed up the investigation, that they are lying that he’s guilty .

Last edited:
^^^^^THIS!!! Yes, can we not just single out BM on this shady move! When offering up free money to businesses that doesn’t need to be paid back, one might expect this system to be taken advantage of. By all types of people, even those you might least expect, or think of as “honest” or decent- lying about number of employees is the easiest way it seems- Unfortunately I am aware of someone who did just this, and received a much larger amount. :mad:
I though it was a loan if they did not write 1099s?

Lauren Scharf Twitter
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1394759659634970633?s=21 MORE CHARGES
UPDATE: #BarryMorphew faces two additional charges. Tampering with a deceased human body and possession of a dangerous weapon. This is in addition to first-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence, and attempt to influence a public servant. #FindSuzanne @FOX21News @KDVR
EBM add link with Info on more charges
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Morphew Complaint.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1x3RYQd-aaQVkGfXd24OKeAzNc65jVGieJ4rSSz0aX3gBggADCSRW_rE0

Last edited:
It'd be nice, but I think we are dealing with another Fotis Dulos here, who'd deplete every last dime for his own benefit and then demand continuing access so he could both manipulate the kids and leverage those who actually care about the kids for even more.
Hopefully we don’t see Norm Pattis, Fotis’ lawyer, fly out and offer to be Barry’s pro Bono lawyer for the publicity. I think Norm is a disciple of Jerry Spence who I believe is pretty much retired-somewhere in Colo. IMO

Lauren Scaarf Twitter
UPDATE: #BarryMorphew faces two additional charges. Tampering with a deceased human body and possession of a dangerous weapon. This is in addition to first-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence, and attempt to influence a public servant. #FindSuzanne @FOX21News @KDVR
EBM add link
link with Info on more charges
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Morphew Complaint.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1x3RYQd-aaQVkGfXd24OKeAzNc65jVGieJ4rSSz0aX3gBggADCSRW_rE0

filing:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user... interest/21CR78/21CR78 Morphew Complaint.pdf

Lauren Scaarf Twitter
So, two more serious charges including tampering with a deceased human body, wow.
I wonder if Suzanne has been found?!?!

BM’s goose is cooked.
Good on LE and DA Linda Stanley!!

Justice is coming sweet Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I though it was a loan if they did not write 1099s?
Small businesses were not supposed to include amounts paid to non-employees (i.e. 1099 "independent contractors") in their calculations to determine qualification for the PPP loans. The amount a small business qualified for should have been based ONLY upon amounts paid to employees on the payroll of the company.

"Can a small business include 1099 employees in their payroll computations?"

"No, 1099 employees should not be included in a small business’s payroll calculations for their PPP loans. 1099 employees are considered their own businesses under the PPP. As of April 10, 2020, 1099 employees are eligible to apply for their own PPP loan."

PPP Loans and 1099 Employees: What to Know

Lauren Scaarf Twitter
EBM add link
link with Info on more charges
Adding to my own post
Huge Change on Dates - Includes MAY 9, 2020.
From New Charging Document
COUNT 1-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (F1)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Suzanne Renee Morphew; in violation of section 18-3- 102(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 2-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and May 10, 2020, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.
COUNT 3-TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE (F6)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; in violation of section 18-8-610(1)(a), C.R.S.
COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5)
Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.
COUNT 5-ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT (F4)
Between and including May 10, 2020 and May 5, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully and feloniously attempted to influence Damon Brown, Lamine Mulenax, Robin Burgess, Alexander Walker, Joseph Cahill, Derek Graham, Kenneth Harris, and Jonathan Grusing, public servants, by means of deceit, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning a matter which was to be considered or performed by the public servant or the agency or body of which the public servant was a member; in violation of section 18-8-306, C.R.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper