Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So by Barry's own admission, if I am reading this sequence correctly, it is implied that Barry did not speak to SM on Mother's Day since 5am? Not one call after she would have woken up to say "Good Morning...just wanted you to know I made it to Denver okay"..."How is your day going"? "Have you heard from the girls"? We've heard so much about this "loving" and "controlling" husband. Neither of those descriptions are consistent with no phone communication for the entire day, nor reaction to an inability to connect, which happened to be Mother's Day.

I have always wondered whether BM had ever gotten SM a card/gift/flowers for Mother's Day, and whether any of those items were found by LE in the home on that day. If not, that would be a huge red flag to the cops, I would think. MOO

I have had this thought that SM was in contact with LE prior to any of the events that started on Mothers Day weekend. I think with BM's close acquaintances with Firefighters and possibly LE that she could have had confidence in talking with LE about more personal issues. I also think this is part of my thought on the rapid call to FBI and CBI.

Does LE help with the meetings for/or attend the meetings for abusive victims? Are their any confidentiality agreements at those meetings?

I also think another point for the rapid call to FBI and CBI was BM's acquaintances with LE and Fire Fighters. I think the sheriff was smart enough to know that having the FBI and CBI involved would help squash any possible problems if BM did have any close relationships. The influencing charges could very well be a hint at this as well.

IMO.

I have had this thought that SM was in contact with LE prior to any of the events that started on Mothers Day weekend. I think with BM's close acquaintances with Firefighters and possibly LE that she could have had confidence in talking with LE about more personal issues. I also think this is part of my thought on the rapid call to FBI and CBI.

Does LE help with the meetings for/or attend the meetings for abusive victims? Are their any confidentiality agreements at those meetings?

I also think another point for the rapid call to FBI and CBI was BM's acquaintances with LE and Fire Fighters. I think the sheriff was smart enough to know that having the FBI and CBI involved would help squash any possible problems if BM did have any close relationships. The influencing charges could very well be a hint at this as well.

IMO.
ITA, or perhaps there was something ongoing from IN that had LE's attention before Suzanne was murdered in CO.

I have always wondered whether BM had ever gotten SM a card/gift/flowers for Mother's Day, and whether any of those items were found by LE in the home on that day. If not, that would be a huge red flag to the cops, I would think. MOO

Only if he personally had consistently done something in previous years would it be a red flag for me. I can only say anecdotally that when the kids were littles my H would help them do something for me "the mom"...but once they were older he didn't get involved in mother's day....as I'm not his mother LOL, ....the better question would be did Barry call his mom that day.

In the phone interview BM did with LS released in September BM tells how the neighbor called HIM because the girls had contacted HER.

Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

In an exclusive interview with FOX21’s Lauren Scharf, Barry Morphew described answering the phone, on Mother’s Day Weekend, to a neighbor’s call.

“She said, ‘Barry, Suzanne is not at the house. Her car is here, but her bike is missing.’ And I said, ‘that doesn’t sound good because she’s not answering me either. I’m coming home right now,” He said. “That was at 5 p.m. Sunday evening.”

snipped, italicized, and underlined by me

So it actually took BM four hours to get home from Broomfield, if he arrived at Maysville at 9:00 p. m. Gosh, and that’s driving faster than usual because he was soooooo concerned about his missing wife? Huh.

That same night, according to a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office press release on May 11, the county’s communication center received a report of a missing woman at 5:46 p.m. on May 10.

Barry said at that point, he was already on his way back to Salida.

snipped, italicized, and underlined by me

Of course he was. Time for game on.

(Mod, I hope my quotes are correctly rendered. Working on an iPad and I may have snipped, copy, and pasted incorrectly.)

Only if he personally had consistently done something in previous years would it be a red flag for me. I can only say anecdotally that when the kids were littles my H would help them do something for me "the mom"...but once they were older he didn't get involved in mother's day....as I'm not his mother LOL, ....the better question would be did Barry call his mom that day.

We are all different when it comes to this topic. If my husband got me a gift for mothers day, I would feel weird about it. I'm your sexy wife, not your mother. You better call your mom. haha (imo)

<modsnip>

I'm curious to hear more about the attempt to influence a public servant. Are they all grouped together as people who officially interviewed BM about SM disappearance and he lied to all of them? I have a hard time believing he sought out each of these people. Again, this will be interesting to read/hear more about. On a side note, don't many POI or murder suspects lie to LE, hence attempting to influence an investigation away from themselves? IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. BM is a guy from IN, only in CO for a few years. That's why I have always defended his buddy GD or any of his fire fighter buddies as turning a blind eye or helping BM with an alibi or covering up a crime as hog wash. Locals, IMO, would have no special devotion to BM. I do think they care about a women going missing in their community.

I'm curious to hear more about the attempt to influence a public servant. Are they all grouped together as people who officially interviewed BM about SM disappearance and he lied to all of them? I have a hard time believing he sought out each of these people. Again, this will be interesting to read/hear more about. On a side note, don't many POI or murder suspects lie to LE, hence attempting to influence an investigation away from themselves? IMO
BBM
Yes, I'd guess 99% of the guilty ones do lie to LE, so I think this has to be something other than that.

I'm even more curious to see the AA now.

Corrected & ETA: Error505 pointed out it was indeed LE.

Last edited:
I agree. BM is a guy from IN, only in CO for a few years. That's why I have always defended his buddy GD or any of his fire fighter buddies as turning a blind eye or helping BM with an alibi or covering up a crime as hog wash. Locals, IMO, would have no special devotion to BM. I do think they care about a women going missing in their community.

It was discussed on previous threads, the public officials were all LE, one was an agent who met him at Frantz (sp?) Lake over the illegal vote cast. MOO

BBM
Yes, I'd guess 99% of the guilty ones do lie to LE, so I think this has to be something other than that.

Attempting to influence a Public Servant <we really don't know who exactly?> could be someone outside of LE. I'm even more curious to see the AA now.
Yes, we do know who. They’re named in the complaint.

COUNT 5-ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE A PUBLIC SERVANT (F4)
Between and including May 10, 2020 and May 5, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully and feloniously attempted to influence Damon Brown, Lamine Mulenax, Robin Burgess, Alexander Walker, Joseph Cahill, Derek Graham, Kenneth Harris, and Jonathan Grusing, public servants, by means of deceit, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning a matter which was to be considered or performed by the public servant or the agency or body of which the public servant was a member; in violation of section 18-8-306, C.

Agree which is what makes the laundry list of charges so interesting....was there concern with the prosecutor's office that they wanted "something/anything" to stick or why pile on all the additional little charges on top of Murder 1 which is life in prison? Bragging points if he gets 100+ years? Willing to settle for 5 years or 10 years on all the additional charges? And then a day or two later ask for a sentence enhancer? Why? I just gotta assume they have more than circumstantial "stuff" and if so, then why all the add ons? I'm super curious where this all goes.

Agree which is what makes the laundry list of charges so interesting....was there concern with the prosecutor's office that they wanted "something/anything" to stick or why pile on all the additional little charges on top of Murder 1 which is life in prison? Bragging points if he gets 100+ years? Willing to settle for 5 years or 10 years on all the additional charges? And then a day or two later ask for a sentence enhancer? Why? I just gotta assume they have more than circumstantial "stuff" and if so, then why all the add ons? I'm super curious where this all goes.

Putting aside the most serious M1 charge. If he's convicted on each of the other charges, how many years total in prison is that? I'm not asking you specifically, anyone. IMO

BBM Sentence enhancer (DV) was added the same day as charges were filled, it just didn’t get recorded until the next morning. iirc MOO
Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

IMO, I think phone records, etc., are going to show BM leaving Broomfield to return home long before he said he did.

And I think SUZANNE’s phone usage is going to tell its own story.

Maybe even ala Frazee? (Frazee kept Kelsey’s phone with him, and created a text stream bogus conversation between his phone and hers. Kept KB’s phone with him and his phone—LE could see that as he and his phone traveled, so did KB’s phone.)

Also, was BM calling MG multiple times to find out when she, JP and CC were going to arrive? But at the same time, not answering calls from his own daughters? But answering a call from the neighbor. It’ll take some extreme mental gymnastics for BM to rationalize why his phone records are what they are to LE.

Last edited:
I need to run to a meeting but I'll get it going....if all but the Murder were to be found guilty and sentences ran concurrently it looks like the most would be 12 years (in Colorado that generally means he'd serve about half in total (minus any time he's spent in jail so far) Tampering with a deceased body, Class 3 felony 4-12 years, Tampering with physical evidence, Class 6 felony, up to 18 months, possession of a dangerous weapon Class 5 felony 1-3 years, Attempts to influence a public servant, Class 4 felony 2-6 years. Again, this is to get the conversation rolling and I gotta run...but there is also that "enhancer" that the prosecution added that would need to be dealt with I think by jury. That "can" additional additional time. I'm assuming the voter card is totally separate.

Also, was BM calling MG multiple times to find out when she, JP and CC were going to arrive? But at the same time, not answering calls from his own daughters. But answering a call from the neighbor. It’ll take some extreme mental gymnastics for BM to rationalize why his phone records are what they are to LE.

Where did we learn that he did not answer calls from the daughters?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just a list of all the ways he (allegedly) broke the law?

LS stated she received threats as did Adventures With Purpose, even ending the search early because they felt unsafe and threatened. I watch/ read everything I can get my hands on re: SM with discernment. Adventures With Purpose have 500k subscribers and 12million views a month on their utube channel. There are others I’m aware of. MOO EBM add link
Private dive team join in search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online

There are a few posts in the previous thread, page 29, @EggSalad, about the Chaffee County Patriots, a militia group. Adventures with Purpose felt threatened. They said they were being watched by armed men on the other side of the river while searching for Suzanne. They also stated their van was surrounded by black cars so they left. Whether it was these people is anyone's guess.

Militias Part Four: Chaffee County Gun Range a featured part of Colorado Three Percenter Group - by Stephen Hall - Ark Valley Voice

Speculation only.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members