Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone had a crown on Suzanne's head to begin with or a halo over head for that matter.
And you're right, this is about her abusive, psychotic husband murdering her.
I’m glad we have the break before the next two days. Suzanne was a beautiful, flawed, imperfect wife and mother, just like so many of us. She is being judged now after her death, and that is so horrifying to me. She was seeking happiness. She’s not just a headline, or a sensational story. The father of her children murdered her. Period.

What do you think is the most damning information of the day? The hours long trips to dispose of trash at multiple sites? The dart cap found in the clothes dryer? Barry’s car present where the bike was “found”? The fact that no one ever again heard from Suzanne after Barry came home? Something else?

The only thing in your list that surprised me was the dart cap being found in the dryer trap. When it was described that Barry was chasing Suzanne, hunting his own wife, around the house; it was physically terrifying.

The past two days activated my PTSD as so many similar memories surfaced. The fact that he pointed the gun at his head was harshly familiar. I wish Suzanne had left as soon after that particular incident as she could.

But, she didn't leave. Suzanne stayed for one reason, as has been stated. Truly, at the time of the incident, I don't think anyone lived at PP but SM and BM. So, maybe Suzanne also stayed for an opportunity to recover her inheritance yet she said she'd live in a shack. She simply didn't know how limited her time on this earth was because she became hunted by a psychopath with a tranquilizer gun.

JMOHOO

“I’m done”: Texts between Suzanne and Barry Morphew reveal troubled marriage | FOX21 News Colorado

On the stand on Tuesday, FBI agent Kenneth Harris mentioned a search of Barry Morphew’s phone had revealed deleted web history. Watching closely, Morphew sat up in his chair as Harris described a web visit to “Ashley Madison,” a site that describes itself as a dating service for people who are married or in relationships.

Respectfully snipped and Bbm. Thx cindizzi.
This revelation, exposure, really bothered BM. Interesting isn't it.
His image is vital. Even after murdering his wife. Moo

I thought his phone was in airplane mode at 2:44. So does it still ping? Or is he referencing a different period of time that he was chasing her around the home? I apologize in advance for my confusion if this is obvious. Tons of info coming in.

MOO. Thats a D strategy.
E&N bring a second report from a legitimate source that uses different terminology. Then uses it to question the witness, not the report he made and was in the discovery.
E&N was able to to scramble recently learned facts from the direct before the facts were committed to long term memory in the people listening.

Note taking is the the only remedy.

This seems to happen in a lot of cases. Usually it’s someone who has the power to stop a crime before it happens, but does nothing.

Self preservation trumps doing the right thing. Doesn’t mean we have to like it though.

Hi, all. I've been reading all posts without commenting for quite some time. This group has some very savvy folks on it.

Wasn't there quite a bit of discussion early on about Suzanne's conversation via text or fb going quiet abruptly? Where did that rumor start? Is it possible that this conversation with JL was the one that ended abruptly? If so, who got hold of that info? When did that snippet originate?

When I read that tweet today, the 1st thing I thought of was, the note that he gave to the clerk at Poncha Market.

It seems BM doesn't know the difference between baby blue and teal/turquoise. JMO
I never thought about that, and I wonder why he was rummaging through the garbage there. Getting rid of evidence, maybe?

That clothing must have been what Suzanne was wearing the day he murdered her, JMO.

I do think there would have been chipmunks around, as it was early afternoon (I see them all day in the northeast).

I also believe he had hunted chipmunks in the past.

That being said, it makes absolutely no sense to be doing that in the larger context. He also didn’t come up with this excuse for 9 months, so it has to be a lie.

Being an animal lover, I find BM's chipmunk statement horrid.:eek:
Only time, I would see a chipmunk, would be at the zoo, and couldn't imagine BM killing them, whenever he wished.
Yuk.
Hate this jerk even more now.

You’ve got me thinking about guns. The complaint says that between May 9 and March 4, Barry illegally possessed a “short rifle.”

We’ve heard of 3 searches of the house now (May, June, July), but have yet to hear about how that rifle was discovered in March of this year.

That should be interesting. What the hell happened in March?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Morphew Amended Complaint 051821.pdf
Great point! I'll add to that question.

The spy pen was said to be found in Suzanne's closet. Was it found in November, or did I misunderstand that? It was not clearly stated unless I missed it.

Respectfully snipped and Bbm. Thx cindizzi.
This revelation, exposure, really bothered BM. Interesting isn't it.
His image is vital. Even after murdering his wife. Moo

Absolutely! Especially the image he wants his daughters to have of him.... I am damn sure they never knew that their Dad visited a website such as Ashley Madison!

Hi, all. I've been reading all posts without commenting for quite some time. This group has some very savvy folks on it.

Wasn't there quite a bit of discussion early on about Suzanne's conversation via text or fb going quiet abruptly? Where did that rumor start? Is it possible that this conversation with JL was the one that ended abruptly? If so, who got hold of that info? When did that snippet originate?
That came from Andy, but we don’t know his sourcing.

As of now, he was right about a conversation ending abruptly (JL), and the strange Facebook activity (friending people).

They haven’t finished the timeline with SO yet though, so maybe there is in face something there too.

We don't know. Yet. It was probably what she was wearing on the patio. She took a selfie and sent it to JL. NoSI wrote yesterday that when they showed the picture in court it was only her face and hair, I believe, that could be seen.
Hope we get full size color pics in the AA. The photos in LS's AA were dark and grainy.

Also, could you fire a dart from a short rifle?
That I don’t know, and I’d love to know.

Do you remember that rumor early on that Barry shot Suzanne in the basement? The story was that Suzanne asked for a divorce, and Barry shot her.

It appears to be somewhat true…

I wonder about the origin of that.

Great point! I'll add to that question.

The spy pen was said to be found in Suzanne's closet. Was it found in November, or did I misunderstand that? It was not clearly stated unless I missed it.
SM bought spy pen and had it shipped to SO house. She went to Florida in February and got it from SO.

Spy pen was found by LE in June. SO told LE to look for it. They played the convo of SM and JL to SO and another friend Holly W but they couldn’t tell LE who Jeff is , didn’t recognize his voice or know about him.

LE finally got SM iCloud info with her LinkedIn account and figured out who JL was. By then it was November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1