Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early in the investigation (if I recall) Tyson Draper had filmed Barry hiking up a hill from a creek/river and he was noticeably sweaty. Does anyone else recall this? Or perhaps it was in one of those early PE videos maybe. And remember the Search and Rescue members saying that BM was seen with a large rifle seemingly patrolling his property while search parties were out? This happened very early on and always seemed suspicious to me.
Yes it was Tyson Draper.

Early in the investigation (if I recall) Tyson Draper had filmed Barry hiking up a hill from a creek/river and he was noticeably sweaty. Does anyone else recall this? Or perhaps it was in one of those early PE videos maybe. And remember the Search and Rescue members saying that BM was seen with a large rifle seemingly patrolling his property while search parties were out? This happened very early on and always seemed suspicious to me.
I don’t think Tyson actually broadcast that video, but he did talk about it. It occurred around the time he released the video of his conversation with Barry.

The gun incident came during Andy’s September search. Barry is controlling by nature, and he’s not the type to take kindly to people wandering near his property.

I don’t take that as a sign he was worried about Suzanne being discovered however. He did ultimately allow search teams on his property the next day thanks to the blowback in the media.

285 again... Quality of pics not great as i have to compress them so much to get them to upload.
Good job NoSi, we are grateful. I am probably the most tech challenged participant on this thread. (Go ahead and bet, glad to take your money:):):) ) I copied one picture to the "paint" program and enlarged it. Much better FWIW.

Last edited:
Yes, ITA. Macy's statement that she never saw physical abuse contradicts how she apparently encouraged her mother to get a restraining order and divorce. Very odd, yet again, I think Macy is thinking ahead with the "what if's" ex. BM not going to prison. She backpedaled for her safety "just in case." JMO

I think she was maximum 16 years old when she had that conversation with her mother, and who knows what she was actually thinking. Maybe she was comforting her distressed mother, agreeing with her ideas. I don’t draw the conclusion that she definitely saw physical abuse between them.

MOO

There’s so much to unpack from the last two days.

I don’t recall what device of SM this happened from, but the FB requests of SM to guys in IN late Sat or early Sun- I’m having a hard time believing BM has the password to this device, especially if it was her cell. She’s going to great lengths to conceal her conversations with JL, I can’t imagine BM had access that easily. Thoughts on this one? IMO

If that indeed happened, even if her body is found, there would be no way to determine that from just skeletal remains.
I would add that, that is a pretty ingenious method of killing someone.
No blood.
Could he have been so incensed about her affair that he would do this? For me, I think it's a plausible scenario.

If he did it and it was well planned, then pre-digging may have occurred with the back hoe. If she was incapacitated, possible that she was buried alive. Horrendous possibility. JMO.

As @oviedo mentioned upthread, we have been working on the timeline for the critical days and hours up until SM was reported missing. @oviedo has provided an excellent in depth timeline for us using the Tweets from the courthouse and msm reports on the first 2 days of the preliminary hearing. I have been trying to break that info down into a streamlined bulleted version by date and times for quick reference. We do have some conflicting info that was probably accidental error as the journalists tried to quickly Tweet sometimes complicated testimony. We also have some times that are unclear, such as the coming and going from the HIE on Sunday around the time of Trash dump #5.
Please help us tighten this timeline by correcting errors or filling in blanks so we can use it during trial.
Thanks!

5/5
SM drives MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 for camping trip

5/6
SM texts BM: I’m done. Etc
BM texts suicidal messages which he deletes

5/7
7:27 SM messages JL about how magical past days were
Continues to message him throughout the day.
4:43 SM tells BM she has been studying all day and is making veggie stew for dinner.

5/8
7:02 am SM writes list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave marriage on Notes
9:28 am SM texts sister: BM abusive physically and emotionally.
10:55 am BM texts SM I Love You, Suzanne

Friday night: BM Moonlight Pizza

5/9
12:02 am incoming call on SM’s phone(d)
2:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (d)
6:00 am BM’s phone revives call (d)
7:19 am BM’s cell revives signal
9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?
9:52 SM to BM, Where? (No response) Later on, asking about summer tires on Range Rover
10:36 SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?
10:48 BM: No, coming home
10:48 SM: Get hot tub stuff
11:00 am Tail Winds property
11:30 am Veggie soup at home with SM
11:50 am-12:50 pm BM cell ping near river
behind house. BM said looking for turkey that daughter shot some time before.
1:38 BM left home- checked on job at Kim Gyms
1:42 pm SM text to JL: Guess who is alone again?
1:55 pm BM at DSI
2:00 pm BM getting blade replaced on Bobcat
2:03 pm SM sends sunbathing pic to JL. Last proof of life.
2:11 pm last LinkedIn message with JL
2:44 BM returned home
JL sends several texts, no response
2:47 pm BM’s phone goes to airplane mode
2:44-2:47 BM moving around outside house, BM shooting chipmunks?
2:44-4:44 Truck doesn’t move
4:44 BM truck door opens/closes
4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc
4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa
5:30 pm BM truck system rebooted
9:25 pm Truck gear goes into reverse and goes back 95 feet in driveway
9:52 pm truck door closes
10:17 pm BM phone out of airplane mode

5/10
2:53 am Outgoing call on SM’s phone
3:26 am BM car door opened and closed
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found
4:30 am last phone ping SM
4:31 am BM phone into airplane mode
5:37 am phone off airplane mode heading towards Buena Vista
5:38 am BM text HMD to his mom
6:56 am BM texts SM HMD
8:10 am Car door opened at RTD bus stop in Broomfield off Hwy 36 Trash drop #1
8:20 am BM parks on south side of HIE away from cameras, throws things in trash Drop #2
8:25 am BM enters hotel carrying clothes, (teal and black colored), hiking boots, light blue plastic bag
8:38 am BM goes to room changes into blk v neck, hiking boots, carrying different bag
8:41 am BM texts SM that he arrived
9:12 BM leaves hotel, drives by wall, goes to MacDonald’s. Throws things in trash Drop #3
BM then goes to a car wash
BM then goes to Men’s Wearhouse parking lot, spends 40 minutes. Driver & pass doors open and close multiple times. Trash Drop #4

Time? Goes back to room with large notebook with messy papers

Time? Leaves room in a different shirt, gray t shirt, with large notebook and neat papers, 20 minutes later

BM goes to wall and works 11-15 minutes, removed blocks from wall.
11:20 am BM calls SM No answer
12:06 pm BM calls MM1
12:27 pm Trash drop #5 throws away 2 bags, with camo coat, tree container, (tranquilizer material?), in dumpster at HIE. He walks across lot rather than parking near dumpster. BM walks back to hotel with hands in pocket and head down.
12:42-5:55 pm BM in room at HIE
3:39 pm texts SM, asks her to call him
5:15 pm PP neighbor Ritter calls
5:55 pm BM changed shirts again and left hotel room.
6:00 pm BM makes multiple trips in and out of hotel entrance bringing in hand tools including a shovel and rake. Asks front desk if he can leave them for his workers.

I don’t like the use of the word “legacy”. When SM didn’t reply to JL, he said he didn’t want her legacy to be having an affair with that guy. That’s why he didn’t call police to check on her? No a legacy implies he thought she was deceased. That’s a pretty big immediate jump to make. I definitely think he was simply trying to save his own hide. Like others here, I’m not impressed and doubt his sincerity. Ick.
There is a good possibility that knowing about her last communications with him ASAP after he discovered she was missing would’ve helped the investigation. Maybe they could’ve visited those 5 trash cans in time to recover evidence?

But I also wonder if he was thinking of Suzanne, and what she would’ve wanted. Was this affair a “take it to the grave” secret for her? Was the idea to hide it from her kids no matter what happens? He may have initially been respecting that.

Nevertheless, these are the scenarios people in affairs need to prepare themselves for. Maybe nothing as extreme as a murder, but what it SM had been injured on one of their trips? It’s a dangerous game. At least she had some joy in her final months. I wish it could’ve been different. Lasting, and free.

MOO

There’s so much to unpack from the last two days.

I don’t recall what device of SM this happened from, but the FB requests of SM to guys in IN late Sat or early Sun- I’m having a hard time believing BM has the password to this device, especially if it was her cell. She’s going to great lengths to conceal her conversations with JL, I can’t imagine BM had access that easily. Thoughts on this one? IMO
So BM uses any random device, and enters Suzanne’s email. He clicks “forgot my password,” and has a code sent to her phone. Perhaps she has my phone set like I do, where certain things pop up on my screen, even if my phone is locked. He enters that code on the device he is using, and voila.

We’re almost certain to hear a heck of a lot more about this in two weeks.

“Drunk Eyes” comment by BM really is strange. He could not have seen this last picture of SM sunbathing until after LE found the JL texts in November 2020 and showed him. @NoSI says she looked beautiful and glowing in this pic. So why is that his comment when he sees a picture of his missing wife months later? So weird.

Was she drinking IPA’s that day and he vividly recalls this day and it angered him. Makes me wonder how long he actually had been watching her sunbathing and if this is why it was brought up in court about the sending of nude pics between SM and JL. Were those nudes from that day and Barry witnessed this? Something angered him about that picture of her for him to say “Drunk Eyes” to the very last photo taken of his missing wife alive.

Seriously , JL must of felt so scared the day he heard she was missing.
Somehow . Somewhere... we need to give him that.
I mean. Wow as time went by...just heart wrenching reality sadness for him .

MOO

I know this thread isn't about JL but no. Just no. I don't have it in me to have compassion for a man who cheats on his wife, the mother of his 6 children, with anyone, for any reason. That kind of betrayal destroys entire families, kids included, in-laws become outlaws and lives, plans, hopes and dreams are shattered & broken forever. So no. JL gets no sympathy from me. His wife and kids do though. They didn't sign up for this.

Last edited:
It's one thing to discuss these personal matters within your family. It's another thing to do it with officials. It also could be out of fear that she lied for her father. After all, she didn't know if or when her father would be arrested.

I've always seen Mallory as being closer to her father and Macy being closer to her mother. Both girls may now stand united (at least, publicly) behind their father.

JMO.

THIS ^^
In my opinion, Macy is guarded knowing the seriousness of her father's potential fate. Mallory from what I have read, is very close to BM and have a close bond with their love of hunting together. :eek: Forgive me in advance, as I cannot find the link from when this was discussed in earlier threads (a post by Suzanne about BM and Mallory hunting together w/a photo). Macy was closer with Suzanne. JMO

However if he had stashed it there and was checking on it....
Hmmm...

But would he need a whole hour?
Maybe he was check on his cams too--watching her..
Wasn't she afraid of cams in the garage--BM watching her coming and going? The garage worry of hers is in a tweet.
Hmmm..

Last night I did extensive research on "can I disable my gaps data by disconnecting my battery?"

God forbid I ever end up dead, my google is filled with the craziest stuff!! Lol!!

Anyway, the stuff I was finding out was unbelievable. Yes that's exactly what you can do. However, as you said other things are going to have to be reprogrammed. And I would think that the truck would document all those things being reprogrammed.

So that gives me such an eerie feeling all the research he did ahead of time to know that he could do this... Creepy creepy creepy......

Does any of this disconnecting stuff affect the odometer?

From Scott Reisch FB. Video at the link:

A lot to digest still from the Barry Morphew preliminary trial. What were your biggest takeaways?
Here's one video I took of daughters Macy and Mallory inside the courthouse before the second day. Barry's attorney Iris Eytan is pointing towards the room they'll wait in before they are allowed in the courtroom.

This video is very unsettling to me....the girls look so happy and carefree. Not that I do not want happiness for them but considering the circumstances, I find it very sad and disappointing in a way. Anyone else feel the same? JMO

He was more than sweaty, TD said it looked like Barry had been in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass