Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed completely. Barry attended a Baptist church in both Salida and Indiana and came from a evangelical background so he's familiar with the language evangelical Christians use. IMO, that's about as deep as his spirituality goes. Knowing the lingo & a handful of verse references (taken out of context).

jmo

Agreed. Knowing the lingo and using it for personal benefit is not the same things as being a person of faith. This is true for BM and plenty of others.

I believe BM is surrounded by people (family) who are genuine believers and he is repeating their comments. He needs their support here. It’s not a bad strategy for BM to take.

JMO MOO

Anyone else notice the 'mear' spelling in Barry's message to Suzanne, one of the ones he deleted about him going to meet his maker. Found it odd, assuming Barry had an iPhone or some other smart phone, it would have auto spell, so would have given the correct spelling ie mere. Googled Barry's spelling of mear - it can mean boundary or boundary marker,not surprising really with his previous business of landscaping, but made me think about LS and the way she worded things in her google searches. If I use a word on tablet/phone frequently it will show up automatically as an option - how many times did Barry type the word mear and how many other words could be found?

Pointless post, but wanted to share thoughts :)

Anyone else notice the 'mear' spelling in Barry's message to Suzanne, one of the ones he deleted about him going to meet his maker. Found it odd, assuming Barry had an iPhone or some other smart phone, it would have auto spell, so would have given the correct spelling ie mere. Googled Barry's spelling of mear - it can mean boundary or boundary marker,not surprising really with his previous business of landscaping, but made me think about LS and the way she worded things in her google searches. If I use a word on tablet/phone frequently it will show up automatically as an option - how many times did Barry type the word mear and how many other words could be found?

Pointless post, but wanted to share thoughts :)

Is it possible it was the reporters spelling error while tweeting what they saw in court?

I kinda disagree with this. In the Vallow-Daybell case, cellubrite was used to track Alex's whereabouts based on GPS coordinates and the LE explained that the accuracy of the coordinates was accurate plus or minus
6 meters. That's pretty close to exactly determining where a phone was held by someone. Unfortunately in this case, it seems the defense used this technology but not the prosecution and its possible that cellubrite is more accurate than the program LE used. Jmo
Possibly FBI used CAST.

In one of the hearings leading up to the prelim, (maybe the one where we heard of the spy pen) IIRC, there was a mention of biological evidence. I would like to know if that does exist somewhere in this case. IMO

Snipped for focus, BBM.
A 50lb bag of corn sounds like baiting deer, doesn't it? Or...chipmunks?
Is feeding deer even legal in Colorado?

(My mom used to buy bags of corn to feed the the Canada Geese that wintered on our little lake.)

It sounded like the emphasis was on the burlap bag the feed came in.
Just my perception

One other question on my mind today. Does anyone have context that has previously been discussed or in a video around this comment CM made on WS Live lastnight?

107:34
but there's a bit there's a bigger
107:36
problem from a young man that's going to
107:39
be coming
107:40
is that the nephew
107:42
no no no no this is this is somebody
107:44
that dated m**** a long time ago oh
107:47
okay

I don't know if the "big problem" he was referring to was one for Barry, or for the ex-bf. My first thought was that he was possibly referring to the ex-bf being in trouble, maybe for the sexual assault evidence that was found in one of the cars? But, now, seeing it in print, it's really hard to know if Chris meant that the ex- bf is going to cause a "big problem" for Barry, or what. Who's going to have the big problem? No idea.

Oh Gotcha!!

Good question. Until BM did this, I didn't even know it can be done.

I googled and googled and found a a great amount of information this. (My google history must be crazy!lol!)

I also learned instead of disconnecting the battery, you can just pull the fuse. That also will reset the GPS.

So in googling did you find out if an owner can access the computer info on their own or does it have to be done by a dealership?

In reference to this piece:
2:53am Suz Phone makes a call. (Why would he do this? Butt dial?)
3:25 - 3:49 7 door events

IF he used a vehicle other than his truck, where might the phone have been? Was it left at the house? 2:53 (makes call) - 3:25 seems pretty tight time wise to dispose a body (if call was made during disposal), get back home, and get in the truck for its first event. Unless the disposal is fairly close to the home.
Just an opinion..

...AND....who was the call to???

All MOO: Was the hot tub in working order in May 2020? I wonder, since it was noted by some members here, if SM was in a bikini because she was in the hot tub that afternoon. Maybe after BM shot/stuck her with the dart he left her or put her back in the hot tub to drown, then later brought her to the river so it would look like she drowned in there & not on their property? Assuming they’d find her there, that is. That might explain why he was by the river at some point. That, or he was spying on her.

I’m still thinking she was buried somewhere, but him hanging by the river got me thinking. Again, all MOO.

Snipped for focus, BBM.
A 50lb bag of corn sounds like baiting deer, doesn't it? Or...chipmunks?
Is feeding deer even legal in Colorado?

(My mom used to buy bags of corn to feed the the Canada Geese that wintered on our little lake.)
I also recall MG talking about being asked to pick up supplies and #50 corn seed being one of them when she was talking to LS. It seemed to be an ordinary purchase. (Corn is also known as deer and turkey feed which I think would be right up BM's alley). MOO

Maybe to back out another vehicle that was parked in front of the truck? It's a little bit more than the length of a basketball court if that gives you a visual (I need perspective on things like that too)

Visual much appreciated.

Could he have used the truck headlights as illumination to do a small landscape or planting project on the property?
He & bobcat spent much time moving and adding rock and much more after May 10th

As already mentioned, CM also said that the daughter’s boyfriend that Barry had blown up at and threatened, will be a big part in this.

During that incident, Barry had told the boyfriend something to the effect that if he wrongs his daughter he would bury him under a tree and no one would find him. I believe CM had reported on this back when he was on Profiling Evil with MK.

Curious how Barry laying down the law with one of his daughter's boyfriends supports the charge of Barry murdering his wife and is "a big part of this" ? I don't know...but I fear prosecution would be straying too far off point. I would bet that many men have threatened boyfriends of their daughters.... that was my whole issue with some of the You Tubers...they tried to make every little thing wrap up in a nice bow without thinking like a defense attorney thinks. Same for any old affairs of Barry....or what Barry was like as a little boy....not relevant to right here and now and the charges.... but some of the You Tubers are ex LE so I guess it's to be expected that they think differently than defense attorneys. If this thing goes to trial it will be interesting to see the core case from the prosecution side minus the speculation.

In one of the hearings leading up to the prelim, (maybe the one where we heard of the spy pen) IIRC, there was a mention of biological evidence. I would like to know if that does exist somewhere in this case. IMO
very good memory @K9Enzo
Snipped
A majority of the status conference was focused on ensuring the preservation of evidence, from biological evidence to text messages to witness interviews.

Suzanne Morphew Murder: Husband Barry Morphew Appears in Court

Someone sent me their view of the timeline and what may have been occurring. Thoughts?

Saturday 5/9/20
2:03pm Suzanne sends bathing suit pic to Jeff
2:47pm Barry arrives home, Cell phone moves rapidly around the home. (Death)
4:44 Truck Moves (Goes to town to Pool place to establish normalcy)
5:33pm Truck computer is reset, wiping out GPS records, etc. This is easy to do on a Ford F-350. ( I think he planned to later take her body in the truck and this was a test that the reset worked, erasing the GPS trail to her disposal location. Something changed his mind and he decided to use one of the Range Rovers … one without a working GPS.)
9:25pm Truck moves backwards in driveway. (Making room for the Range Rover to get by.)
10:17pm Barry phone taken off airplane mode. (He was leaving it home and this establishes he was there ...…)
(10:18pm to 3:25am … Barry disposes of her body. Westbound on US50. On the way or Coming home he tosses her helmet .84 miles from 225 in the ditch of US50.)

Sunday 5/10/20
2:53am Suz Phone makes a call. (Why would he do this? Butt dial?)
3:25 - 3:49 7 door events
3:26am Barry truck door opens and closes. Truck moves to where Suz bike is found on CR225 and back home.
4:23am Suz phone pings (As he takes the battery out?)
4:31am Barry’s phone put into airplane mode, then back to normal later on drive to Broomfield. (Why?)
5:37am Barry leaves home
8:10am Truck door opens, Broomfield - trash run #1, near a bus stop in Broomfield. (bye bye phone)

I think the tracking on the F350 links to a phone or computer (designed for fleet managers). I wonder if LE can see if BM checked the app around 5:33PM. If BM expected something to show as unreported but it was still showing, perhaps that would initiate Plan B, Range Rover.

But I do have a question on how the computer reset affects the tracking. If it erases data, how far back will the reset go? Does it erase all prior data? Or does it erase a specific time period of data? Does the app store data regardless of onboard reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm