Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #72 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO they don't know where he was once it went on airplane mode.
But that is unclear.

I don't see what's unclear about it. The phone goes into airplane mode at the residence @ 4:30am. He tells LE that he last saw SM sleeping at 5am. This puts him at the house. The phone comes back on a 5:37am as he is driving to Broomfield.

This is why it's important to have more truck data. Did the doors to the truck open and close again at the home both @ 4:30 when he arrives back home and after 5:00am when he says he last saw Suzanne and leaves the residence. I'm going off what's on the timelines.

There may be a way to so that bit I dont know. I think Hard copies of pictures are usually made by bringing the file on a thumb drive or emailing to the cooy maker at Costco or other.
God I'm old.
Once upon a time, people had actual cameras that did not make phone calls (I'm dying laughing here). Mine was fancy - it was a digital. You would take pics and upload them to your computer with a thingy. That computer is looong gone but I could then print said photos on a photo printer (also long gone) with another thingy. This was probably 15 years ago or so. Maybe one of the thingys was a thumb drive. Is that like a usb thingy? Looked like that.
To be honest, I didn't know if taking the picture of the photo was even going to work or if I could send it. I did. I was pretty amazed that it even worked!
God I'm old. :D

I'll be happy to see it laid out sequentially in the AA.

Curious what other evidence the State will have in their back pocket when it comes to trial. I'm sure they are hoping they will find her body, you never know. Something might come together, I think most recently it was said they searched a mine somewhere.

I wonder if TN and GD are still supporting Barry?
Wasn't that TNs mother who told Lauren she was instrumental in the court room break?

Why would you want to retreive a turkey that had been shot "some time ago"? Wouldn't it be disgusting? I'm not a hunter so I don't know. MOO.

Some people do dye and sell the feathers. They are sold at craft stores. Turkey feathers are sometimes dyed to resemble Golden Eagle feathers (which are, I think, illegal to pluck or own). Most of the feathers used in costumes where an Eagle feather is called for...are turkey feathers.

This is a man who was selling his pet racoon's pelt as a boy. Not judging, just saying.

OTOH, if he is claiming to be using tranquilizer darts on chipmunks, well, I need to see the dosage, otherwise, that's inhumane and I had no idea that there was a chipmunk-hunting season in Salida.

Chipmunks are not usually pests.

Last edited:
I don't see what's unclear about it. The phone goes into airplane mode at the residence @ 4:30am. He tells LE that he last saw SM sleeping at 5am. This puts him at the house. The phone comes back on a 5:37am as he is driving to Broomfield.

This is why it's important to have more truck data. Did the doors to the truck open and close again at the home both @ 4:30 when he arrives back home and after 5:00am when he says he last saw Suzanne and leaves the residence. I'm going off what's on the timelines.
It's possible that he used Suzanne's car -- not his own truck, which tracked all sorts of data -- when his phone pinged in the area that Suzanne's bike was found.

Last edited:
MOO since the defense has the discovery and if there was a phone call from Suzanne's phone to someone that TALKED to her at 2:53am 5/10 wouldn't they bring that up immediately.
Yes they would, @Boxer. I think that outgoing call was accidentally placed when BM was gathering up all the evidence around the house before he left to dump her bike at 3:58. Her charger is also missing. He may have picked up the phone when it was plugged in, yanked it, and accidentally hit dial. The truck doors opened at 3:26. I think he was placing items inside that he wanted to dispose of. MOO

So let’s say the Salida Stove & Spa employee is incorrect, as the prosecution said. Please tell me when Barry could have been there. Any ideas? I can’t find any time that makes sense to me.[/QUOTE

It’s interesting that Saturday is the only day they close at 2. Is it possible BM visited the store after hours? I can't figure out any other time looking at the timeline @oviedo and @OldCop compiled where BM could have fit in a visit during store hours that day. It could have been a friendly accommodation for BM later in the day? MO

So, the Stove and Spa store was de

This is from Old Cop and Oviedo.

5/10
2:53 am Outgoing call on SM’s phone
3:26 am BM car door opened and closed
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found
4:30 am last phone ping SM off Poncha Springs tower
4:31 am BM phone into airplane mode
5:37 am BM phone off airplane mode heading towards Buena Vista
5:38 am BM texts Happy Mother’s Day to his mom

I am more than confused as to why BM would dump bags all around Broomfield, when he so obviously had work there.

It is hard to comprehend that he would be so stupid as to dump evidence right where he was going to be, when he was smart enough to hide Suzanne very, very well.

I also think his confirmation that he threw away tranquiliser stuff could be because he knew/realised he had a missing tranq cap, couldn't find it, and he didn't know where it might be found.

Perhaps he was trying to frame one of the workers.

Yes they would, @Boxer. I think that outgoing call was accidentally placed when BM was gathering up all the evidence around the house before he left to dump her bike at 3:58. Her charger is also missing. He may have picked up the phone when it was plugged in, yanked it, and accidentally hit dial. The truck doors opened at 3:26. I think he was placing items inside that he wanted to dispose of. MOO
I can't remember if MG said he called her or texted her early Sun morning and then heard his truck outside. I could have that all wrong but maybe not. It crossed my mind that he might've gotten the phones mixed up or used hers thinking nothing could be retrieved after he'd gotten rid of it. Hey, he's no spring chicken either so maybe he's as dumb as me when it comes to things like that.

Last edited:
Was it near this home?

This is hours after his arrest.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390097967613239297?s=21
Yes, according to preliminary hearing. He was at Tail Winds at 11:00 am on Saturday. He was home at 11:30. It takes about 12 minutes to get home from there. What was he doing for the other 18 minutes?
Note: It is about 5 miles from the Salida dig/job site where he was with MG that morning and 1 minute from the Poncha Market. Don’t know if that means anything. Yet.

Yes. Thank you.
Lauren Sharf

" May 9, #BarryMorphews phone is pinged near the river behind his home. Investigators asked why this was, his response was, “I was looking for a turkey that Mallory had shot some time ago.” 11:50 a.m. – 12:50 a.m."

Totally random but <modsnip> would he just happen to be looking for a Turkey that his daughter shot some time ago. Not likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, according to preliminary hearing. He was at Tail Winds at 11:00 am on Saturday. He was home at 11:30. It takes about 12 minutes to get home from there. What was he doing for the other 18 minutes?
Note: It is about 5 miles from the Salida dig/job site where he was with MG that morning and 1 minute from the Poncha Market. Don’t know if that means anything. Yet.
Who’s home is this? LS says LE say “she” is unavailable and MG had moved to another state. It doesn’t look like BM’s condo.
Unless I’m confused. ( it’s been known to happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12