Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is going to be some ugly stuff brought out tomorrow - I just don’t think an affair is worth sealing the AA to protect the girls - IMO

I think it was a typical dysfunctional family, and the reality is nowhere near the beautiful Facebook pictures. Do I need to know what was happening in their lives? Only as much as it strengthens the case; otherwise, the departed deserve privacy and dignity. However, I see some educational value in this case. Sometimes, teenagers who want to be happy, say, “like, these people on Instagram or Facebook, they seem happy”. Maybe to illustrate that “picture-happy” may be far from reality.

I vaguely remember the elk roadkill, taking the rack story. I was not aware that was regarding the morning of 5/1o.
Would someone mind telling me what happened or where to look for more info?
Thank you.
I believe it was reported or caught in a photo or drone footage after Suzanne went missing that the Morphews had a rack of "fresh" Elk Antlers leaned up outside the house. It is known that Barry does sell antlers and much has been joked about him moving the antlers from Indiana to Colorado and it speculated that it might have been an animal that was hit and killed as it was not Elk hunting season. I do not believe it correlates specifically to May 10th ...if someone has some specifics they will jump in. In several states, including Colorado, if you get the road kill tagged (get a permit for it) it is legal to take possession either for processing the meat or for the antlers.

IIRC there was a question by the defense as to whether of not forensic testing on some biological materiel would destroy it or if there would be enough left for them to run their own tests. It's already been stated no blood was found so what could have been found that would be eligible for testing? How sad would it be if it was a tooth. That would be devastating to the girls I would think, as it would add a violent component to the events of the day.
Maybe there was DNA on that tranquilizer cap. Not sure what large animal tranquilizer darts and needles BM used, but at least some needles penetrate through the cap upon impact with the target. So, if that cap somehow managed to make it to a place in the dryer that didn't get so hot that the heat would destroy it, it might be possible for the DNA of its target to be present on it when LE found it. And I wouldn't expect it to be much, so I could see concerns the defense might have about independent access to that DNA for testing OR to have their own expert present when testing occurred.

I vaguely remember the elk roadkill, taking the rack story. I was not aware that was regarding the morning of 5/1o. Would someone mind telling me what happened or where to look for more info? Thank you.

Actually, the elk roadkill story of last year predates the more recent information from the preliminary hearing where BM allegedly first drove on US 50 towards Monarch on May 10 following an elk, as opposed to traveling US 50 towards Broomfield via Buena Vista.

In the previous thread, I used the latest from BM as a hypothetical example of how BM could have unknowingly involved a third party to help cover up his burial of a body-- citing it was an elk that he illegally took on May 10.

My previous post in Thread #74 was hypothetical only -- no evidence to support the same occurred.

Posting this again, as it was the last message on the last thread. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

What was the date of the last evidence of nasty messages from BM?

After SM’s ‘I’m done’ and any initial over-the-top responses from BM, it’s possible that he refrained from the usual love-bombing (she was immune to that by now), but that he presented as reasonable. Civil. Ok, I’m sad, I love you, I hope you change your mind, but I know you want to move on, so let’s do it civilly.

It could explain why she shared her cooking with him/offered to continue helping with his accounting/toured his build

site/ went house-hunting with him/went out for a pizza/agreed to a hike. This might also explain why she told JL it had been a blissful few days.

She was so happy at the thought they could part civilly, that her guard was down.

That's a very interesting thought.
I was confused about the 'blissful few days', too. I figured she was referring to texting a lot with JL, or maybe about the weather and mountain biking -- anything that didn't involve BM was my thought -- but you may be right!

If it was because she was looking ahead to a brighter future, and felt she could finally breathe again, then that makes it even more sad. :(

imo

I think it was a typical dysfunctional family, and the reality is nowhere near the beautiful Facebook pictures. Do I need to know what was happening in their lives? Only as much as it strengthens the case; otherwise, the departed deserve privacy and dignity. However, I see some educational value in this case. Sometimes, teenagers who want to be happy, say, “like, these people on Instagram or Facebook, they seem happy”. Maybe to illustrate that “picture-happy” may be far from reality.

As when Shannan was gushing praise about her hero husband in videos and posts.
Yeah, righto.

(Although I'm pretty sure that was a desperate strategy on her part, though.)
jmoo

Posting this again, as it was the last message on the last thread. I’d be interested to hear people’s thoughts.

What was the date of the last evidence of nasty messages from BM?

After SM’s ‘I’m done’ and any initial over-the-top responses from BM, it’s possible that he refrained from the usual love-bombing (she was immune to that by now), but that he presented as reasonable. Civil. Ok, I’m sad, I love you, I hope you change your mind, but I know you want to move on, so let’s do it civilly.

It could explain why she shared her cooking with him/offered to continue helping with his accounting/toured his build

site/ went house-hunting with him/went out for a pizza/agreed to a hike. This might also explain why she told JL it had been a blissful few days.

She was so happy at the thought they could part civilly, that her guard was down.

"She was so happy at the thought they could part civilly, that her guard was down."

Yes, and, just like that, Barry trapped his prey with wily cunning charming ways. He drew her in.

If Barry had acted decently and behaved civily all along, then we wouldn't find ourselves counting the hours until tomorrow's PH III.

Maybe there was DNA on that tranquilizer cap. Not sure what large animal tranquilizer darts and needles BM used, but at least some needles penetrate through the cap upon impact with the target. So, if that cap somehow managed to make it to a place in the dryer that didn't get so hot that the heat would destroy it, it might be possible for the DNA of its target to be present on it when LE found it. And I wouldn't expect it to be much, so I could see concerns the defense might have about independent access to that DNA for testing OR to have their own expert present when testing occurred.
Wouldn't that be something?! Hoisted on his own petard, so to speak.

Could be possible but I think it went through the wash before the dryer. I'm not sure if DNA can still stay on an item after it's been in the wash. IMO

I believe it was reported or caught in a photo or drone footage after Suzanne went missing that the Morphews had a rack of "fresh" Elk Antlers leaned up outside the house. It is known that Barry does sell antlers and much has been joked about him moving the antlers from Indiana to Colorado and it speculated that it might have been an animal that was hit and killed as it was not Elk hunting season. I do not believe it correlates specifically to May 10th ...if someone has some specifics they will jump in. In several states, including Colorado, if you get the road kill tagged (get a permit for it) it is legal to take possession either for processing the meat or for the antlers.
Thank you.

Thanks!

I agree..save the best for last!
Agree with you and @oviedo ! The “affair” between SM and JL may have jolted some of us, but the more I think about it, I absolutely understand why it happened, at least from SM’s side of things. The prosecution likely knew what a jolt that would be but it was necessary to get that out of they way and get to the meat of this case, premeditation on Barry’s part. After all, they need to prove that. Anxious to hear what they have!

I also suspect we may get a better insight into BM’s “other” life. LE may not be able to show he was already involved in an affair, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t hookers and hook ups going on. The idea that he was searching for “cute girls in Salida” is revolting given he is the father of two “girls.” SM’s affair will likely pale in contrast to BM’s activities. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation