Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I missed something. Where is the info on scratches coming from?

Barry Morphew appears emotionless for preliminary hearing | Daily Mail Online

From court tweets but also reported in the Daily Mail article linked above.

The court also heard that Morphew was found to have injuries to his hand and upper left arm when he attended a police interview on May 13.

Rohrich said the marks on his upper arm and appeared to be fingerprints, adding: 'There's three abrasions or cuts starting to scab over.'

<snipped & BBM from above>

Police have been going over Suzanne's final days, telling the court how she got pizza at Moonlight Pizza and Brew Pub in Salida on May 8 and spent the morning of May 6 having coffee with neighbor JR.

Ritter, who placed the call to police after Suzanne's daughters raised the alarm, told the FBI that the mom-of-two had seemed 'energetic and excited' during their two-hour chat.

I wonder how much and what Suzanne shared with the neighbor? Maybe she told her of their split, 2 hours is a long time.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons LE focused on him right away.
Thank you for this! I always felt Mrs. Ritter had something valuable to share, and that's why she stayed out of the limelight with reporters. Refusing to be interviewed.

This may be petty right now - but I'm still fuming over BM tranquilizing deer and sawing off their horns. Hello ... rutting season-deer with no horns :mad:
No telling what he actually did to Suzanne, he's inhuman :(

I have some family members who hunt deer in IN and MI. They hunt once a year, taking only the number they are allowed and shooting only when they can ensure a kill shot. They literally fill their freezers for the year and is their primary protein. They are beautiful animals and should be handled as humanely as possible. Their sacrifice should be honored and appreciated.

The difference between people like BM is that it is all for the “trophy” and the stalk/chase/kill. If you are tranquilizing deer and cutting their horns off you place zero value on their lives. Zero.

It makes a lot of sense to me that she might have done if for exactly that reason, and changed her own password before hand, so that Barry could see who she added, but not be able to do anything about it. If he was that controlling, that she couldn't even wear what she wanted to wear or add people on social media, it stands to reason he was keeping a close eye on what she was doing online.

I get what you're saying - and it does paint a picture of a woman suddenly released from this jail-like marital situation. In fact, he might have gone absolutely nutso upon learning he no longer had access to her FB - and that was like the Declaration of Independence for her.

I just wish she had consulted a lawyer first and followed their advise. This "upping the stakes" gamesmanship (apparently on both sides of this marriage) is absolutely like playing with matches around the TNT barrels.

It makes a lot of sense to me that she might have done if for exactly that reason, and changed her own password before hand, so that Barry could see who she added, but not be able to do anything about it. If he was that controlling, that she couldn't even wear what she wanted to wear or add people on social media, it stands to reason he was keeping a close eye on what she was doing online.
but it is no more indicative of direct communication from Suzanne than the dark phone. Last proof of life photo...and last two way communication with JL is where the buck stops.

I knew that note was about lunch.

Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley

·
46m

Defense and prosecution are both scoring points today. Morphew turns,smiles at family with eyes over his mask every chance he can. At times he & his attorneys exchange yellow sticky notes. Moonlight Pizza delivered food at lunch. That’s the place The Morphew’s liked to eat.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]2m
Undersheriff says #BarryMorphew DNA was on the bike, but he was not sure where. Defense says Chaffee County Deputies had DNA on the bike too. Defense says only place Barry DNA was was on the bike seat. Undersheriff says he's not sure where it was found. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]5m
Back from lunchbreak. We'll start off continuing with cross-examination of Undersheriff Rohrich.
@KKTV11News #BarryMorphew #SuzanneMorphew

https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1429889841752379398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members