Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please know I am not familiar with all the details of this case, so please be gentle at this suggestion. Is there any chance that BM had access to MG's vehicle and used it without her knowing? That when she heard his truck in the morning is it all possible that BM had borrowed her vehicle and the sound she heard was him returning it?
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

^^^^ He is now leaving the house to set his Broomfield alibi in motion. He may have headed to MG’s apartment at this point as she had said she heard his truck outside her apartment around 4:30am.

I have always been curious about this. What exactly was BM doing outside MG's apartment? I wonder if MG knows (and we haven't yet been told via the media or Prelim Hearing).

I have always been curious about this. What exactly was BM doing outside MG's apartment? I wonder if MG knows (and we haven't yet been told via the media or Prelim Hearing).
Was it confirmed he traveled to her apartment? I do recall she said a vehicle that “sounded like” Barry’s truck was near her apartment.

From the link:

Trash runs

Barry was repeatedly caught stopping as he made his way to Broomfield to dispose of trash, including at a McDonalds and at a dumpster outside a Men's Wearhouse where he purchased a new outfit.

He had claimed to be tidying his truck.

But when he arrived back at the Morphew home on May 10, police said his truck was still filled with clutter and bits of trash, and showed photos to prove it.

Does this perhaps mean that BM had (at some time, but not at dumpster-dumping time) purchased an outfit at that Men's Wearhouse?

Someone has investigated to see if BM ever went into that shop, and was told that yes he had been in at some point to buy something?

Very poorly written by the DM, if this is the case.

Prosecution did not meet the deadline the judge set for delivery of discovery. Defense asked for sanctions as well as compensation for the overtime that would be needed to review the late delivered discovery because of losing work days with the late delivery and in order to meet the first day of preliminary. The judge decided to set aside the decision on sanctions.
^^bbm
I recall that the Judge was very clear that he did not find that the DA's office intentionally violated his discovery order and therefore no penalty (sanctions) was warranted.

I completely agree.
I 100% believe what he did what horrific and we may never find SM. Even with all of @MassGuy's list, those things may paint a picture of what we believe, but they do not prove that he killed her. What we haven't seen is their evidence that she is deceased. I still remain hopeful that this is strong and bulletproof.
They have thus far proven he is a lying, egotistical, self centered person. I think the D team can destroy every one of those with the "is it possible that" questions.

BBM: While this is true, it is going to be hard for the defense to overcome the circumstantial but strong facts that ...

Suzanne has never been seen or heard from since Saturday afternoon
that her husband was the last one to see her
that none of Suzanne's bank accounts have been touched
that Suzanne's ID/purse was left in her car
that Suzanne's phone went dark while she was supposedly home with her husband
that Suzanne missed an important medical appointment
that Suzanne missed out on the day when she would see her daughters again

Not sure what the probability is that all these things would happen simultaneously.

I'm assuming his truck and phone GPS show him at those stops. Various tweets indicated that Barry admitted they were trash stops. Barry didn't know what LE had or didn't have (actual humans could have come forward and mentioned weird behavior they noticed in some guy that day). So he admits they were trash dumps.

The odd thing is that somehow, we have one tweeter and one youtuber (I believe on CrimeTalk) saying that he pressed down with his hands on the trash at McDonald's. That does sound as if an employee noticed strange behavior at the trash, just like in Salida and was interviewed by LE.

Aside from the obvious and what he's charged with, I mean, what a thing to be known for, eh?
The sketchy guy at the trash.
The 5 testified to at the PH, plus Poncha Market.

Good job, Barry. o_O

I don’t know if users see the same ads at the bottom of the webpage here. Ironically, Men’s Warehouse ads have been at the bottom of my page for awhile now.
I also follow another murder case on w/s. There had been some discussion about bedbugs in their home.

The evidence of bed bugs had absolutely nothing to do with the case, but I still get advertisements here from Bed Bug Exterminators:)

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...-with-focus-on-darts-needle-sheath-trash-runs

8/23/2021

[..]

The first stop was at a bus stop in Broomfield, where there are visible cameras. Grusing confirmed hat Barry threw away "junk" here. There were no photos or videos of Barry at his location.

The second stop was a hotel. Barry told Grusing in an interview that he had been waiting for somebody to let him in so he could get a free breakfast. The entrance to the hotel has a trash can, Grusing said, but Barry said he never threw trash away here.

The third stop was a McDonald's. Grusing said Barry claimed he put garbage from his truck into a trash can at the restaurant, but didn't eat there. He was seen on surveillance footage throwing away trash. When asked about this, Grusing said Barry called himself a "tightwad" and didn't want to pay to throw trash away.

The fourth stop was a Men's Warehouse. Grusing said that Barry did not recall dropping trash off there. There is no surveillance camera footage of him at the store. As previously mentioned in the hearing, Grusing previously said Barry spent 40 minutes in that parking lot.

The fifth stop was the Holiday Inn. Surveillance footage captured him walking across the parking lot and past several visible cameras and signs about surveillance. Enhanced photos showed that he throw out some items include a plastic tree pot, as shown in court.

Nielsen asks if Grusing's theory is that Barry drove from Salida to Broomfield carrying evidence of a murder. Grusing responded, "Yes."

<RSBM>

Nielsen asks if Grusing's theory is that Barry drove from Salida to Broomfield carrying evidence of a murder. Grusing responded, "Yes."

I am still wondering if the 'biological evidence' involved was found on one (or more) of those dumpsters.

A majority of the status conference was focused on ensuring the preservation of evidence, from biological evidence to text messages to witness interviews.
Suzanne Morphew Murder: Husband Barry Morphew Appears in Court

I am still wondering if the 'biological evidence' involved was found on one (or more) of those dumpsters.

A majority of the status conference was focused on ensuring the preservation of evidence, from biological evidence to text messages to witness interviews.
Suzanne Morphew Murder: Husband Barry Morphew Appears in Court
I think the biological evidence could simply be the DNA presented at the preliminary -- most of it not matching BM. I think if anything critical was located at the dumpsters, we would have learned about it this week. MOO

Did E&N tell the judge SM may have lied about BM in her messages to her family and friends? Or, did they say SM did lie?

If the latter, did they say why they believe she lied? Did they make an offer of proof?

What is the relevance of this claim to the charge - what advantage would the defense gain given BM's admissions?

^^sbm
Wasn't there testimony on Tuesday that BM contacted MG early Sunday (sounding like the worst night of his life per MG) about going to Broomfield and BM was supposed to collect her at *5:30 pm only to change his mind and tell her to put together a crew and get herself to Broomfield on Sunday evening -- all before he cited the family emergency?

*I also recall this has been reported as both 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...-with-focus-on-darts-needle-sheath-trash-runs

8/23/2021

[..]

The first stop was at a bus stop in Broomfield, where there are visible cameras. Grusing confirmed hat Barry threw away "junk" here. There were no photos or videos of Barry at his location.

The second stop was a hotel. Barry told Grusing in an interview that he had been waiting for somebody to let him in so he could get a free breakfast. The entrance to the hotel has a trash can, Grusing said, but Barry said he never threw trash away here.

The third stop was a McDonald's. Grusing said Barry claimed he put garbage from his truck into a trash can at the restaurant, but didn't eat there. He was seen on surveillance footage throwing away trash. When asked about this, Grusing said Barry called himself a "tightwad" and didn't want to pay to throw trash away.

The fourth stop was a Men's Warehouse. Grusing said that Barry did not recall dropping trash off there. There is no surveillance camera footage of him at the store. As previously mentioned in the hearing, Grusing previously said Barry spent 40 minutes in that parking lot.

The fifth stop was the Holiday Inn. Surveillance footage captured him walking across the parking lot and past several visible cameras and signs about surveillance. Enhanced photos showed that he throw out some items include a plastic tree pot, as shown in court.

First @Seattle1 we can always count on you for fact finding (@Cindizzi Too) but it’s really interesting he’s chosen to create the narrative that he’s a “tightwad” - is this to explain something we have yet to be told about? It’s quite a lot of information IMO - what the heck was he thinking ?

JMO

I also follow another murder case on w/s. There had been some discussion about bedbugs in their home.

The evidence of bed bugs had absolutely nothing to do with the case, but I still get advertisements here from Bed Bug Exterminators:)

Hmmm. I'm getting scrolling ads for Antler Light Fixtures, Wildlife Taxidermy and Qualified Experts for All Your Mechanical Thingie needs.

BM has a lot to answer for....

It's going to be a long, tense few weeks round these parts. Here's hoping that the Judge goes forward with the trial -- and hopefully denies bail or imposes sky-high conditions.

Did E&N tell the judge SM may have lied about BM in her messages to her family and friends? Or, did they say SM did lie?

If the latter, did they say why they believe she lied? Did they make an offer of proof?

What is the relevance of this claim to the charge - what advantage would the defense gain given BM's admissions?

No offer of proof other than SM's alleged lies by omission.

I believe this issue came up during the defense's objection to the State alleging that Macy advised her mother to leave without telling BM, suggest SM obtain a protection order, and Macy physically intervening between BM/SM at one point -- telling dad to leave mom alone.

The source for Macy's alleged statements was SM's texts messages sent to SO. Seems the defense was relying on SM not telling SO about her alleged affair with JL as proof that SM lied to SO. In other words, SM could also have been lying to SO about what Macy said and/or did.

IMO, the defense clearly did not want anything attributed to Macy entered on the record here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches