Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM passed Buena Vista at 5:37am
He arrived at Broomfield RTD loop at 8:10am.

2:33 minutes documented travel points.

But
2:24 minutes of travel time per Google Maps.

7 minutes difference.

MOO Probably could be at least 15-20 minutes difference with judicious speeding and no traffic.

During this time (COVID shut down) in Michigan, we had so many incidents of people traveling at EXCESSIVE speeds. :) It was crazy but since traffic was so light, people were going nuts - putting their hemis and sportscars to the test. On an early Sunday morning or Saturday evening, I bet Barry could have been putting the pedal to the metal if he was so inclined. But, I'm sure he wouldn't have been stupid enough to speed with Suzanne's body, would he? But after the eating off one plate explanation.....

It fits, as it’s within the window of time Barry had to work with. The drive from Salida to that location is about 2.5 hours, and he had between 5 and 6.

May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

Also, the FBI is conducting this evidence recovery, and the timing itself is incredibly interesting.

Bodies are discovered all the time (we don’t know if they’ve found a body of course), and we’ve had some false alarms in the past. Most of those were fairly easy to discount, but this one has definitely piqued my curiosity.

Massguy’s getting excited!!!
There's also always the possibility that he had help. He didn't necessarily have to be in his truck.
How long was his phone on airplane mode?

Very true!
Quote from @MassGuy : May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

During this time (COVID shut down) in Michigan, we had so many incidents of people traveling at EXCESSIVE speeds. :) It was crazy but since traffic was so light, people were going nuts - putting their hemis and sportscars to the test. On an early Sunday morning or Saturday evening, I bet Barry could have been putting the pedal to the metal if he was so inclined. But, I'm sure he wouldn't have been stupid enough to speed with Suzanne's body, would he? But after the eating off one plate explanation.....
Actually, you raise a good point. In the UK, there were actually police stops to check that your travel was essential. Was this the same in CO? If so, BM would also run the risk of being stopped by LE.

Barry Morphew Still in Jail | Profiling Evil 8/25/2021

Let's recap the preliminary hearing as we wait for Judge Patrick W. Murphy's decision about whether Barry will be held over for trial in the Suzanne Morphew murder case.

At 10 min mark, PE has graphic of the vast area BM could have reached to discard SM's body before traveling to Broomfield.

i'm still uncertain that BM is paying for his legal team. seems to me he could have placed everthing in a trust for his daughters and its administered by someone other than himself and declared himself indigent. . biggest reason i'm skeptical is that during a hearing prior to this 4 day proof evident if i remember correctly, one of his attorneys told the judge they needed more money because the evidence dumped on them by state was just too much. i'm paraphrasing, but why the heck would the defense tell the judge they need more money? turns out colorado has the office of alternate defense counsel which is a different entity that public defenders office. i've been researching if dru and/or eytan have had any relation to the OADC and have not yet found any cases they had through the office. OADC is setup to provide the best representation for indigents that qualify. anyway, i also founf this article tonight that is a decent read on the latest 4 day hearing.

Morphew Pretrial Hearing Wraps Up, Awaiting Trial Decision - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

i'm still uncertain that BM is paying for his legal team. seems to me he could have placed everthing in a trust for his daughters and its administered by someone other than himself and declared himself indigent. . biggest reason i'm skeptical is that during a hearing prior to this 4 day proof evident if i remember correctly, one of his attorneys told the judge they needed more money because the evidence dumped on them by state was just too much. i'm paraphrasing, but why the heck would the defense tell the judge they need more money? turns out colorado has the office of alternate defense counsel which is a different entity that public defenders office. i've been researching if dru and/or eytan have had any relation to the OADC and have not yet found any cases they had through the office. OADC is setup to provide the best representation for indigents that qualify. anyway, i also founf this article tonight that is a decent read on the latest 4 day hearing.

Morphew Pretrial Hearing Wraps Up, Awaiting Trial Decision - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice
I have wondered whether it was some sort of fee arrangement - similar to no win, no fee. I have also considered whether BM only has enough money for the PH and his lawyers said something along the lines that the case would be dismissed (unlikely).

Thanks for the info. I would imagine it would be a matter of public record if BM was classed as indigent?

Good article. Thanks for linking it. I think I’ll try to find more coverage from this source - it seems to be pretty thorough.

(edited to fix weird autocorrect)

Last edited:

If he put his money in a trust, it would probably be nullified if they even suspected he was doing it to get out of paying for known or likely upcoming legal problems. He’s not indigent… yet. We’ll see how long Suzanne’s Barry’s money lasts.

If the pen captured that altercation, I have no doubt it would have been played in court. It couldn’t have.

I’m not concerned if Barry did or did not have an affair, as that doesn’t affect motive. Suzanne’s affair may have played a role, but I think divorce played a bigger one.

The sheets may have already been in the wash, which would make them irrelevant. They didn’t come from the master bedroom, so I just don’t see their relevance.

Barry made up an insane/illegal story to explain the tranquilizer, so I think it just has to factor in. His phone calls and texts to Suzanne minutes before arriving home, tell me that he may have stopped to load the dart, and had a limited time window.

I think his plan was to shoot Suzanne, and kill her quickly in a relatively bloodless way. Things went awry, and the one thing he didn’t want to happen happened, she scratched him.

I have no reason to believe chlorine does factor in at this point, but I’m open to it. We just haven’t heard anything convincing.

As for the domestic violence, there does seem to be some evidence of that. I’ve seen enough to show me that Barry was controlling, and highly manipulative (childish suicidal threats).

His interviews with Grusing in regards to how he would respond to divorce, say it all.

Barry Morphew marries for life…

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say Barry marries “ until death do us part” ...... even if it means he had to take steps to hasten the death of one of the marriage partners. :-(

Hope I'm doing this right.

I agree with this. If you care to go down the rabbit hole, WHY didn't the spypen capture the sound of the altercation? The simple answer seems to be that there wasn't really any altercation and this is just more innuendo by the prosecution. Perhaps this is even a distraction by the prosecution to mention something they won't bring up at trial because there is no there there. I don't know.

There are other options, of course. I read somewhere here that some of the recordings on the spypen were faint and/or difficult to hear. I would think that the altercation would be among the louder noises in the house but maybe the spypen was positioned in a way that the sound capture was poor.

IMO

Or, perhaps the spy pen had been turned off before being hidden/put away. Unfortunate, if so.

MOO was able to locate the approximate place the FBI is searching. about 8-10 miles from i70 turn off the 40. A little past Berthoud Falls. MOO.
10 minutes.
Fits a possible side trip on way to Broomfield.
He would be passing the highway 40 turn off from i70 a little after 7am in the morning.
An evidence agent was taking a blue tarp out of their truck in the news clip.
So hoping.

Last edited:
This article says traffic was down 80% and I remember hearing about people doing ridiculously high rates of speed.

Also says most tickets weren’t on the Interstate but in residential areas.

There should be a dramatic decrease in citations because many people are staying home,” White said. “But we have seen the opposite.”

Local sheriffs along I-70 are not reporting surges in tickets. And that’s by design as local law enforcement focuses on neighborhoods and county needs.

Coronavirus has Coloradans driving fast and furious. Knock it off, law enforcement says.

Last edited:
BBM
When it comes to abuse, have you ever heard someone say: "It’s really not that bad," "He’s never actually hit me," "It's a small thing not a big deal," It was just a brush against my nose," "It only happens when he’s drinking"?

Minimizing domestic abuse by the victim or worse by the abuser and others is dangerous.

Suzzane suffered abuse and it would be in injustice to her to minimize it. Its also an injustice to every other woman reading on this forum who is suffering abuse...

* BM pushed SM into a closest, held gun to is head, yelling "is this what you want?"

* Arguing with her about what she can and can't wear.

* BM texting several suicidal messages. (Guilting her.) He even said “I was trying to hurt her, make her feel bad”.

* On their vacation to Mexico BM "chased her" trying to take her phone in order to look at it/go through things.

* SM texts sister: BM abusive physically and emotionally. (Long text).

* She said marriage with Barry was troubled, she was afraid for her safety.

* She was afraid to be alone with him.

*She texts that BM is unstable

* BM throwing her into a closet door.

* BM pinning her to the bed.

* And when she needed money she went to him. He was her ATM. He controlled her flow of money.

Etc. Etc. Etc.....

And may I give you a BAM!!!

Actually, you raise a good point. In the UK, there were actually police stops to check that your travel was essential. Was this the same in CO? If so, BM would also run the risk of being stopped by LE.
I was traveling through Colorado for work (essential travel) the week that Suzanne went missing. I carried a statement from my employer authorizing essential travel for me as a frontline healthcare worker but never was stopped or asked to show it during my travel in Colorado.

The only place I was ever stopped and asked was in California, where I traveled to after my time in Colorado.

I was traveling through Colorado for work (essential travel) the week that Suzanne went missing. I carried a statement from my employer authorizing essential travel for me as a frontline healthcare worker but never was stopped or asked to show it during my travel in Colorado.

The only place I was ever stopped and asked was in California, where I traveled to after my time in Colorado.
My DH was given a letter from his employer here in Colorado Springs that he is essential, too. In March 2020 when the Governor announced stay at home orders. He never needed it but I guess his corporate office wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB