Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #79 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know more about the 11 calls to SM before he came home at 2:44. Did she answer any of these calls or were they all missed calls. I might have missed a tweet but I think it’s very important to understanding the timeline.
Me too.
Been wondering if Barry had some sort of spyware on his phone catching the messages between SM and JL while he was at work.
Its odd how suddenly he just up and left the job especially when he had a worker with him.
Everything went pair shaped from then.

moo

Me too.
Been wondering if Barry had some sort of spyware on his phone catching the messages between SM and JL while he was at work.
Its odd how suddenly he just up and left the job especially when he had a worker with him.

moo
I’m positive he was watching her and knew what was going on. I didn’t hear about the 11 missed calls in tweets and I was watching closely. Is there a tweet of this?

Another thing I noted from the video

Friday at 10:02am Suzanne called Barry and they talked for 3 minutes.
10:05am Barry called Suzanne 4 times (good grief this is a pattern with this man.. )
10:09 Suzanne called Barry and they talked for 46 minutes
10:55 Barry texted "I love you Suzanne (didn't they just get off the dang phone?)

It was during that call he asked Suzanne to bring drinks down to the worksite (Poncha Springs or Tailwinds job site?)

So I wonder why he wanted her down there to see things? Is there a reason he wanted evidence that she came there recently? Maybe in case any evidence of her being there was found he could explain it away?

On Friday, we know that SM texted BM with info about a property in Salida that was for sale. I believe SM wanted to find a place in Salida for herself and Macy to relocate to.

The Tailwinds development property where BM was working and wanted SM to come see -- just happened to be the same development that BM and his daughter later moved to and where they were living in a new Townhome when BM was arrested. The irony...

I still believe that on May 6, SM told BM she was through with the marriage, and I believe she was looking forward to the transition, standing firm on her decision until BM took her life on Saturday. MOO

I guess. Of course, I checked with Edmunds regarding the value of a 2005 Range Rover prior to writing my original post.
"How much is a 2005 Land Rover Range Rover worth? The value of a used 2005 Land Rover Range Rover ranges from $1,643 to $4,593, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options. " 2005 Land Rover Range Rover Value - $1,738-$4,551 | Edmunds

O/T There is a potential Cat 3 Hurricane bearing down on us that requires a mandatory evacuation. Sunday is the 16th Anniversary of Katrina.
RSBM
Sorry I may be confused here but I thought she had a 2015 RR, not 2005.
Used 2015 Land Rover Range Rover - Kelley Blue Book
https://www.kbb.com › ... › Land Rover Range Rover

The 2015 Range Rover has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starting at $84,420. Long-wheelbase models begin over $95,000. V8 Supercharged models ...

Stay safe, hope it skirts by, I can't believe Katrina's been 16 years...seems like yesterday. NOLA in my prayers.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have released the original 911 call from the neighbor (IICR) reporting her missing? Should that not be public record? IMO

The neighbor (Ritter) allegedly called the non-emergency number to report SM missing. Chaffee County Dispatch has published the date and time of the call, and also the time that an officer traveled to the Ritter's home to take the missing person report.

SUZANNE MORHPEW: Timeline: What we know about the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew | FOX31 Denver

I would like to know more about the 11 calls to SM before he came home at 2:44. Did she answer any of these calls or were they all missed calls. I might have missed a tweet but I think it’s very important to understanding the timeline.
Why call someone 11 times when the cell service is so bad? Does it ebb and flow? Do you just keep trying until it goes through-why wouldn’t you just text? I wonder how much data they have on the 11 tries. In a row? Where was he? How close to home Barry was on the 11th attempt.

On Friday, we know that SM texted BM with info about a property in Salida that was for sale. I believe SM wanted to find a place in Salida for herself and Macy to relocate to.

The Tailwinds development property where BM was working and wanted SM to come see -- just happened to be the same development that BM and his daughter later moved to and where they were living in a new Townhome when BM was arrested. The irony...

I still believe that on May 6, SM told BM she was through with the marriage, and I believe she was looking forward to the transition, standing firm on her decision until BM took her life on Saturday. MOO
Wait what ?? How did I miss all of this so he was pretending to be compliant on this move out of puma path. Then murdered her? For F’s sake this a whole new development in my mind. This is the premeditation and planning. She thought he was being civil !!! No way!

Barry Morphew’s Arms Covered In Possible Fingernail Cuts After Suzanne Morphew’s Disappearance; Someone May Have Burned Journal in Fireplace

Not for one second, do I feel Barry ever did without anything he wanted, physically or financially.

Driving new cars? Clarifications, please, Anyone!

Suzanne drove a 2015 Range Rover prior to her disappearance in 2020. I do not consider a 5 year old vehicle as being new. Especially one she more than likely personally drove 1220+ miles to Salida since antlers were inside the interior of Barry's truck leaving no room for her to ride inside. Plus his truck was already hauling a trailer so I'm not sure he could handle towing her 2015 Range Rover.

Further, it is my understanding that one of the daughters, MM2, inherited Suzanne's old vehicle, which was also a Range Rover, when SM got the 2015 RR. MM1 drove a truck but I don't know that year or the model of it.

Did Barry purchase a new truck in IN (or in CO) after Suzanne was no longer with us?
This is completely IMO. ITA, Barry treated himself to "only the best", trucks, hair coloring, teeth, etc.

Barry did acquire a very nice new truck in Indiana shortly after SM's disappearance. I suspect he leased it so he could claim it as a business deduction on his company's/LLC's tax return. If the leasing company was in Indiana, then the truck would have Indiana license plates.

I also recall he sold SM's RR soon after her disappearance to a friend in Indiana. IMO, it's very odd that a friend in IN would be eager to buy her car so soon after SM's disappearance.

I can't quote specific sources as they are probably 30 Threads ago! Any help with sources would be appreciated!

IMO, JMO, etc.

Actually, I've never seen any other reference to 11 calls by BM on Saturday shortly before he arrived at PP until the LS video recap. (I've not listened to LS recap myself). I was aware of an earlier tweet during the prelim that BM called/texted SM around the time he was changing the bobcat blade but there was no timestamp of what time the calls/texts took place.

The neighbor (Ritter) allegedly called the non-emergency number to report SM missing. Chaffee County Dispatch has published the date and time of the call, and also the time that an officer traveled to the Ritter's home to take the missing person report.

SUZANNE MORHPEW: Timeline: What we know about the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew | FOX31 Denver
That is something that has been puzzling me. He left early for work and she was just a "lump" sleeping in the bed. But with her street clothes on. I guess
a .22 round on the ground by her side? I think the timeframe of his departure and Mrs. Ritter's call to the non-emergency number, is suspect.
In a normal happy family, In a same sort of situation, she could have been out for a nice long bike ride. But he had to hurry up and leave the illegal job
early with 3 employees without has 5 bags of trash and his new suit, because of "Family Emergency" . He used is own kids.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Was the Friday text the one in which she said something like, "...so, can I have my money?"?

Last edited:
I watched Lauren's video from day 3 and the timeline and noted some interesting things.

May 9th
2:04 photo to JL
2:06: JL texts about getting naked (this makes me wonder if they were going to do something and therefore she went inside at this point)
2:11 SM last communication with JL saying she was getting on WOAH (Lauren says maybe this is what's app, but I don't know that WOAH is an abbreviation for that?? Is there another app that people can maybe video call on called WOAH?

2:26 Barry calls Suzanne 11 times

2:44 Barry home (so at this point I now believe Suzanne is inside and not outside sunbathing)

I don't recall seeing a tweet about the communication saying JL wanted to get naked nor do I recall seeing the one about WOAH. These were both in the video where Lauren went over notes from day 3.

4:10 it is noted her phone is pinging at the house
4:23 her phone is pinging on Poncha (sp?) tower.

This makes me think they are not at the same place at 410 and 423 so even if there isn't a closer tower to her house, it is noted her phone is at the house?? Then at 423 it was another location.

Another thing I noted was Barry said he was looking for the Turkey his daughter had killed, but I assumed it was around the property at their house. Listening to Lauren's video and she said it was near the RV park and that is Monarch Spur RV Park. She said there isn't a road directly there, you have to go on a different road from the main road to get to this RV park. So I am not sure if that means he went to that location in his truck or if he walked from his property through the woods to this location. It didn't sound like it was right on his property though. This RV park is the same one he told LE to look into.

Another incidence where he is putting himself at a location that he later tells LE to look at. Almost as if he is giving himself a legit reason to be at a location they might find evidence. I think they need to look there more.

RE: WOAH I found this : What's OK At Home | Domestic Violence Resource Centre (DVRCV)

That is something that has been puzzling me. He left early for work and she was just a "lump" sleeping in the bed. But with her street clothes on. I guess
a .22 round on the ground by her side? I think the timeframe of his departure and Mrs. Ritter's call to the non-emergency number, is suspect.
In a normal happy family, In a same sort of situation, she could have been out for a nice long bike ride. But he had to hurry up and leave the illegal job
early with 3 employees without has 5 bags of trash and his new suit, because of "Family Emergency" . He used is own kids.

I don't like BM's. I've had a couple of them in my life, and I'm sure most folks have too. BM's do nothing but talk out of the a $$. *** IMO.

RE: BBM, in LS YouTube recap, she said that he also said the last time he saw her she was nude.

Why call someone 11 times when the cell service is so bad? Does it ebb and flow? Do you just keep trying until it goes through-why wouldn’t you just text? I wonder how much data they have on the 11 tries. In a row? Where was he? How close to home Barry was on the 11th attempt.
if the calls did happen maybe SM was busy or otherwise did not want to talk to BM. but it seems to me it's just another example of BM stalking/controlling like behavior towards Suzanne. MOO.

Wait what ?? How did I miss all of this so he was pretending to be compliant on this move out of puma path. Then murdered her? For F’s sake this a whole new development in my mind. This is the premeditation and planning. She thought he was being civil !!! No way!

Yep. Remember, JP stated there was a Salida real estate brochure in the TRASH at the HIE.

Me too.

moo
I have to believe that BM did have spyware and/or something that compromised the recovery of his own phone. FBI is the best at this sort of thing and this text is disturbing to me:

[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
[/URL]
From May 5-9, 2020 the FBI said they could NOT get everything off of #BarryMorphew phone that he had deleted. The state asked, "Is it possible if Barry could have been tracking Suzanne?" Agent Grusing said, "Yes."

8:38 AM · Aug 23, 2021

Exactly! I think this is why she told JL that the last couple of days had been so great (can't remember the exact adjective). She finally told BM she wanted out and I think this put BM into a state of deer-in-head-lights-I-have-to-move-fast kind of fear. He may have seemed like he was in shock or very subdued and civil, "I love you Suzanne".
But then when she's incommunicado for a few seconds, he goes into a panic and calls her eleventy times because maybe she's gone and so is all that wealth.
MOO EBM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members