Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #79 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of domestic violence: If I had accidentally brushed up against someone and later that person was killed, and then LE asked if I had ever committed an act of physical violence against that person; it would never occur to me to say that I had accidentally bumped into them once.
right. Because the key word and intent was accidental.
So why did BM feel the need to say he "clipped" SM?...like a football penalty.
We know why.

I noticed some discussion in the PH about the bike and they even had a bike expert who had worked on Suzanne's bike in the past testify. I seem to recall something from early on (maybe from one of the profiling evil vids) that claimed the wrecked bike was not even Suzanne's main riding bike but a cheap spare parts bike. I didn't see that mentioned whenever they were discussing the bike in the hearing. Does anyone else remember the talk about the bike found in the ditch not being Suzanne's main bike? Or am I making things up?

@kshultz06082

Sorry, I wasn't fast enough to reply to your post from the prior thread. You called me out about whether when Barry "clipped" Suzanne's nose, as we heard in the PH, if it bled. I said that it did but I believe you are right, that wasn't part of the testimony. All I can find is that contact was made. Apologies for my error.

source of the correct story, which doesn't mention any blood
"Barry allegedly told CBI agents 'that it was an accident, he clipped the side of her nose with his hands.'"
https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1430202249041612802

@rainbowshummingbird Thank you for helping to correct my error.

I noticed some discussion in the PH about the bike and they even had a bike expert who had worked on Suzanne's bike in the past testify. I seem to recall something from early on (maybe from one of the profiling evil vids) that claimed the wrecked bike was not even Suzanne's main riding bike but a cheap spare parts bike. I didn't see that mentioned whenever they were discussing the bike in the hearing. Does anyone else remember the talk about the bike found in the ditch not being Suzanne's main bike? Or am I making things up?
There were lots of rumors that turned out to be false here, and that’s just another one. I do remember hearing that somewhere, along with countless other things.

The bike in the ditch was hers, but it clearly wasn’t ridden there.

The bike mechanic wasn’t there to testify ( perhaps they will call him at trial ). The only witnesses were LE investigators. Here’s is what was reported from the hearing

Exhibit 93, 94: Pictures of #SuzanneMorphew bike found off of CR225. Scott Banks was interviewed and is a bike mechanic. He had put new tires on Suzanne's bike on May 7, 2020.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429859843704229889?s=21

Handlebars were twisted 180 degrees. Can be called "ghost riding," this is seen with kids when they push a bike the tires want to turn. If the bike had been wrecked the mechanic said the handlebars and bike seat would not be centered but that wasn't the case here.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429861016414871554?s=21

I remember the PE guys talking about BM buying another bike but we’ve never heard about since then in the Media or LE and nothing in the PH to suggest it. JMO

I mean, I think murder is a pretty good example.

She told him she wanted a divorce, and he threatened suicide. That is not in dispute.

Suzanne told Sheila that Barry had threatened suicide on another occasion, going as far as to point a gun to his head.

Normal well adjusted men, do not threaten to kill themselves to keep their partner in a relationship. I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve followed where a spousal killer has threatened suicide before ultimately resorting to murder.

It’s about control through manipulation.

I’m curious as to why you are so fixated on this, as how would previous physical examples matter here?

The psychological stuff tells you as much as the physical.

Excellent post @MassGuy.

As you may recall, in Colorado, domestic violence is not a standalone crime.

Colorado defines domestic violence as an act of violence or threat of violence against a person with whom the aggressor has or had an intimate relationship.

Domestic violence also includes any other crime or municipal ordinance violation committed against a third party or against property for the purpose of coercion, control, punishment, intimidation, or revenge directed at a person with whom the aggressor has or had an intimate relationship.

For example, an aggressor who vandalizes an ex-spouse's car with the purpose of intimidating the ex-spouse is guilty of a crime involving domestic violence.

In order for the offense to be considered a crime involving domestic violence, the parties must be in or have been in an intimate relationship. "Intimate relationship" means a relationship between one of the following groups:

• current or former spouses
  • current or former unmarried couples, and
  • parents of the same child, regardless of whether the parents were ever married or resided together.
(Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-6-800.3.)

Colorado Domestic Violence Laws

In early threads there is a lot of talk about a middle-of-the-night dig at a construction site affiliated with Barry. A neighbor reported hearing a sound during the night for, I think, something like 30 minutes. LE went to the site and dug a hole in the foundation.

To the best of my knowledge and recollection there was no mention of this situation at the PH. What do y'all make of that? It was clearly investigated. Does the omission mean that the investigation came to nothing? Or is prosecution saving it for trial? Or something else?

IMO

I think that’s a possibility if he controlled the money - but honestly I feel like there’s something really prejudicial in the AA beyond the money that needs to be buried -other crimes, heinous abuse, family secrets- something worth hiding - FWIW I thought the insurance documents found in the HIE had to do with renewal of property insurance (or cancellation for non-payment)
JMO
Yes - I recall that JP confirmed with LS that it was one piece of property insurance mail that he found in the hotel waste basket (although the preliminary cites he found the document under a pillow).

In early threads there is a lot of talk about a middle-of-the-night dig at a construction site affiliated with Barry. A neighbor reported hearing a sound during the night for, I think, something like 30 minutes. LE went to the site and dug a hole in the foundation.

To the best of my knowledge and recollection there was no mention of this situation at the PH. What do y'all make of that? It was clearly investigated. Does the omission mean that the investigation came to nothing? Or is prosecution saving it for trial? Or something else?

IMO
I’ve always thought they completely struck out, as they indicated as much after the dig concluded.

If something happened there, it appears they were never able to connect it to Barry.

IMO
There was a very brief mention of the riverfront dig when one of the Defense attorneys asked Commander Walker if any human remains were found. He was the first witness on Day 1. I never saw it mentioned again.

Nielsen says several excavations were completed while searching including a slab of concrete that was removed from a garage that #BarryMorphew worked on. She notes no human remains were found at any of their sights. The commander confirms. #SuzanneMorphew @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424758978832048132?s=21

IMO
I think it follows that a building site where the accused was paid to excavate and lay dirt would be searched for any form of evidence after his wife disappeared without a trace.

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

There was a broken door to the MB. IMO, that is clear evidence he forced/kicked his way into the MB that day/night. If he had broken down that door in previous weeks, he would have called one of his contractor friends to replace the door and get rid of the obvious evidence.

Sadly, many women that are in an abusive situations don't report that kind of abuse until it's too late.

QUOTE] I agree with you!
If the door or frame were previously broken SM wouldn’t have tried to take refuge there unless she was going for a gun or to turn on her spy pen.

right. Because the key word and intent was accidental.
So why did BM feel the need to say he "clipped" SM?...like a football penalty.
We know why.
MOO. Clipping happens when swinging hands around fast and a hand lands a glancing blow. As an accident between less than amicable spouses, it means "I am not being careful of you."

Bringing this over from previous thread, post #739 by @SleuthBee
".... Does the fact that BM declared SM as incapacitated rule out the possibility of her being alive? Did the prosecution present this issue."

@SleuthBee sbm for focus, as I'm reponding to only one part of your post.
1. Afaik, prosecutor did not present any info/testimony about BM being conservator for SM. Quickly checking SM media thread, I didn't see it, but could have overlooked. Anyone?
I don't see any obvious reason for prosecutor to have presented evd of that at PH, but maybe at trial. If stmts BM made in conservatorship petition/doc's or in person in those court hearings are used, likely would be by prosector to show BM's motive.

2. Not sure I'm following "rule out the possibility of her being ruled alive."

Do you think someone has ruled it out? Or has not ruled it out? Or should rule it out? Who?

BM filing in IN ct to be appt'ed conservator for SM to handle her prop & finances does not rule out that SM is still alive. If anything, just the opposite: BM claimed/claims she's only missing, and he wants to handle her prop & finances until she returns and is able to do that herself. my2ct.

If I'm misreading your post, my apologies. Maybe too late in the evening for me?

MOO. Clipping happens when swinging hands around fast and a hand lands a glancing blow. As an accident between less than amicable spouses, it means "I am not being careful of you."
I am disturbed by any parsing of potential domestic violence.

Either it was or it wasn't. Either we know or we don't.

My comments are not directed at this specific post
but to all posts that want to try to explain this particular evidence that we know so little about.

Because there are DV survivors in this forum, I find it disturbing to either discount or classify behavior not defined by the prosecutor as DV either way.

We have Barry's statement and we know his character. That is all we have, right?

Please correct me if I am wrong about the facts. All the rest is MOO.

but to all posts that want to try to explain this particular evidence that we know so little about.

Because there are DV survivors in this forum, I find it disturbing to either discount or classify behavior not defined by the prosecutor as DV either way.

We have Barry's statement and we know his character. That is all we have, right?

As described by BM it was an accident. He talks with his hands so I do happen to believe him.

It's analogous to being a little pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper