CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

For the first time, on record with FOX21 News, Barry Morphew has agreed to share his side of the story.

“Listen,” Barry said during a Thursday morning phonecall, “Jeff Puckett was in prison for nine years.”

Still, Barry confirmed he had hired Puckett for a project in Broomfield on Mother’s Day Weekend this year. They needed to fix a wall, Puckett said.

“I said listen, I need to do this job, I will pay you good money to come and help me,” Barry said of Puckett. “I gave him a job and an opportunity.”

It was not a last minute project, Barry explained, the job had been in the works for a month.

“That has nothing to do with Suzanne missing,” he said.

Puckett agreed to the work and traveled to Broomfield, where Barry had paid for a room. Puckett told FOX21 he walked inside and was immediately struck by a strong smell of chlorine.

“I mean, I’m not going to beat around the bush, it did,” he said. “I mean it smelled real strong. I’m like, damn, that’s just what I thought.”

Puckett also found signs that the room had been used in some capacity, and reasoned Barry had been inside at some point.

“The bed hadn’t been slept in or laid in or nothing, it was just kind of laid on or something,” Puckett said. “Maybe he got in, took a shower, and then that was it – just washed up and left.”

Puckett said he was told Barry had to leave for a family emergency that Sunday night, May 10.

<snip>

Barry said he left in a hurry, when he learned his wife was missing.

“I rushed home, left all my tools at the hotel called my workers and said, ‘I have a family emergency, you’re going to have to figure this out on your own,'” he said.

But Puckett said the crew couldn’t finish their work.

“We had nothing to work with,” he said. And he described what would have been necessary in order to complete that particular job.

“Once you build [the wall] up, you run a layer block, some dirt, get [it] inspected, then you keep continuing until the next level – and there was nothing like that to work with,” Puckett said. “That kind of pissed me off, so I come on back.”

<snip>

“I did nothing wrong in the hotel,” Barry said. “There’s cameras all over the hotel, I did nothing wrong.”

The hotel isn’t the only location where the presence of a strong smell has been mentioned.

Suzanne’s older brother, Andrew Moorman, brought up something he’d heard, following a search of the Morphew family home.

“From what I understood secondhand, they said there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the home,” he said.

That information had apparently been relayed to him by initial investigators.

“I’ve heard the FBI lie and I know that they can legally do that in their investigations,” Barry said. “But it just pains me to know that they are doing this to me and my family.”

Moorman said CBI agents brought up other concerns as well.

“They did ask us, ‘why can’t we find any coolers at the house?’ And I said, ‘well I have no idea. I don’t know how many they had to begin with,” he said. “But I assume, as a hunter and a guy that maybe camps, he would have a few, and they couldn’t find a single one.”

Lauren Scharf[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV[/URL]

Today marks 4-month since #SuzanneMorphew disappeared. Chaffee Co. Sheriff released a statement: "We are handing out flyers with Suzanne’s picture and info in hopes of more public awareness. Our sole purpose is to either find Suzanne or determine the cause of her disappearance...
2:23 PM · Sep 10, 2020

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

...Our investigative team would like nothing more than to disseminate information to the public in regards to our progress in this process however in any open investigation we cannot divulge any information as it puts the integrity of the investigation at risk." #FindSuzanne
2:23 PM · Sep 10, 2020

ONLY ON @FOX21News at 9 p.m. Another employee to Barry Morphew is speaking out. While official updates have been sparse since May 10, people close to the investigation have agreed to talk about what they've experienced surrounding Suzanne's disappearance. #FindSuzanne
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1304191297297752074?s=21

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
September 10, 2020
Today marks the 4-month anniversary when Suzanne Morphew was reported missing.
Since that initial report the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has joined forces with CBI, FBI and the 11th Judicial District in an intensive investigation to find Suzanne Morphew.
In this investigation resources were called in to assist with numerous searches. These resources have included Chaffee SAR South and North, The Colorado Department of Corrections S.O.R.T Team, the CBI Crime Scene Investigation Team, FBI Evidence Response Team, Chaffee County Combined Tactical Team, Salida Fire Department Swift Water Rescue Team, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team, Colorado State Patrol, El Paso County SAR Dog Team, Fremont County SAR Dog Team, Reach Air Medical Service, FBI Aviation Support Team, Necro Search International, Elizabeth Police Dog Team, Colorado Department of Corrections East Canon Tracking Team and the SAR Board of Colorado, which includes numerous SAR teams from around the state.
These above resources have contributed to numerous foot searches, Air Aviation searches and mapping, underwater imaging, dive team searches, several search dogs which includes air scent, tracking and HR Dogs. We have used numerous Drones for searches in several different areas.
We continue to follow leads and tips as well as develop information and have not limited our search areas to one particular location. With this we are planning another law enforcement search in the near future.
Our investigation team continues to work closely with one another and is committed 100% to this endeavor.
We continue to field tips and follow up on all information through our dedicated tip line as well as by way of interviews.
Our investigation team has made it a priority to remind the public of Suzanne and her disappearance and with today's 4-month anniversary we are once again contacting the public. We are handing out flyers with Suzanne’s picture and information in hopes of more public awareness.
Our sole purpose is to either find Suzanne or determine the cause of her disappearance.
Our investigative team would like nothing more than to disseminate information to the public in regards to our progress in this process however in any open investigation we cannot divulge any information as it puts the integrity of the investigation at risk.
With this we ask the public to focus on Suzanne Morphew and encourage once again anyone who has information to please call our dedicated tip line at 719-312-7530.
Thanks You
John A. Spezze
Chaffee County Sheriff
Chaffee County Sheriff - Website

NEW: Sheriff John Spezze sent a press release at 9:47 p.m. Thursday night. This update comes after FOX21’s Lauren Scharf has asked multiple times about the upcoming search effort:

As part of this investigation numerous searches were conducted however Suzanne has yet to be located.

Andrew Moorman, brother of Suzanne Morphew, is organizing an independent search in the area of Suzanne’s disappearance. This effort will begin on September 24th and continue for the next several days. Andrew will be leading several hundred volunteer searchers from various towns and states in his effort to find his sister.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation want to support this effort. Although our team is unable to coordinate and lead this effort due to liability issues we want to support this effort in several different ways. We certainly appreciate this huge undertaking and want to offer support to facilitate their efforts.

We will be staffing our command post with liaison personnel to assist Moorman search members. Our SAR units will be on hand to assist with Moorman search team accountability and other search team coordination issues. Our crime scene team will be available to document and collect any evidence if found. We will have both Chaffee County and CBI case Agents on hand in this endeavor as well.

As with any major undertaking it takes many different resources to complete a task and we once again appreciate the Moorman Search effort and its many volunteers.”

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back