CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brother of missing Alexandria woman organizing 'army search' for her in Colorado

Aug 29, 2020

“I’m here tonight not because I want to be, but because I have to be,” Moorman told a crowd of about 200 people gathered at Harrison Square in the center of town. “I’ve got to find my little sister, and I have to bring closure to my family. We were quiet for a while because the investigators asked that of us, but it’s time now to rally the troops and go west and find her.”

[..]

“It’s been rough,” Moorman said. “We just can’t get any closure on this thing. The investigators don’t let loose of very much information. They protect a lot of it for investigative purposes, and that’s been rough.”

According to several news outlets, an initial $100,000 reward offered by Morphew’s husband Barry for her safe return was matched by a family friend, doubling the reward to $200,000.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said in a news release. “Until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, the former owner of the popular Gene’s Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson.

Throughout the ordeal, friends of both families and schoolmates of Suzanne have stayed in contact with Moorman to offer words of encouragement and hope. Saturday’s vigil, they said, was meant to be a tangible demonstration of their support.

“Both of these families are broken,” said Lisa Patz, who helped organize the vigil. “They’re very broken. Neither family is doing very well. It’s a tragedy. This (vigil) is to bring light to Suzanne and everyone and anyone involved with these families, to let them just come and give us light for Suzanne. Let’s just find her.”

‘I hope that they’re okay’: Brother of missing Suzanne Morphew says her two daughters have been ‘silent’

Suzanne Morphew’s brother said his sister had been confiding in a friend before she vanished on Mother’s Day weekend. “Maybe things weren’t hunky dory,” he said

The brother of missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew announced his plans to organize a large-scale search for his sister, and expressed concern about Suzanne’s two daughters.

As Fox 21 News reports,
Suzanne’s brother Andrew Moorman spoke at a vigil this weekend in Suzanne’s hometown of Alexandria, Illinois.

Suzanne Morphew was reported missing in Chaffee County, Colorado, on May 11. Family members have said her bike was found not far from her home in Maysville shortly after her disappearance, though authorities have not confirmed this, saying only that a “personal item” belonging to the missing woman was found in the early days of the search. The Chaffee County Sheriff’s office has not named any suspects in Suzanne’s disappearance, as her husband Barry Morphew has been subject to public scrutiny about his whereabouts the weekend his wife vanished.

The couple has two daughters; one teenager and one college-aged. Suzanne’s daughters reportedly called a neighbor and asked them to check on their mother when they couldn’t reach her on Mother’s Day. Barry Morphew was reportedly at a landscaping job in Denver...

In a new revelation, Moormon reportedly claimed that his sister had become close with an unidentified person prior to her disappearance.

“I think there’s a friend that she texted a lot and talked to, that she confided in, and maybe things weren’t hunky dory” in the marriage, Moormon said, according to the report.

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back