CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEE IT: NEW photos of Suzanne Morphew’s home show police presence

May 21, 2020

A Colorado-based reporter has shared new photos connected to the search for Suzanne Morphew, who vanished from her Maysville home on May 10.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Morphew was reported missing on Mother’s Day by a neighbor who is believed to have told police Morphew did not return from a bike ride. But as the investigation has continued, many questions have emerged about the timeline and circumstances of Morphew’s disappearance.

On Wednesday, the Daily Mail reported that sources said Morphew’s bike was recovered from a bridge near her home in the remote Colorado town. The same Daily Mail report showed photos of what appeared to be investigators carrying evidence bags as well as a parked Crime Scene Investigation truck, and the report stated that police had been searching the home on Tuesday The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office had earlier corrected a local report published on Tuesday evening, making the same claim. But on Wednesday evening, following questions about the photos published in the Daily Mail, the sheriff’s office released a statement confirming that authorities had obtained a search warrant for the Morphew home as part of the ongoing investigation into her disappearance, and stating the the home was one of multiple focus areas. The warrant is sealed by the court.

On Thursday, a reporter for the Denver Channel shared aerial photos of the sprawling Morphew home, saying in a message on Twitter that the photographs were taken Thursday morning and showed law enforcement vehicles in the driveway.

[..]

The photos also appear to show that Morphew’s home is surrounded by trees; and no other homes are visible in the shots. As previously reported, the population of Maysville is believed to be about 135.

It is not known at this time if authorities are looking for any particular evidence in the home or on the property. A Chaffee County Sheriff Public Information Officer confirmed to CrimeOnline on Wednesday that Morphew’s family, including her husband Barry Morphew, have not been at the residence during the missing person’s investigation. Police have not said whether they believe Suzanne Morphew is a victim of foul play, or named any suspects or persons of interest in the investigation.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose@stephaniebutzer

Sheriff John Spezze: The house is being held by law enforcement during the open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court. It's not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward to look for clues. #SuzanneMorphew
6:00 PM · May 20, 2020·

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose@stephaniebutzer

Here are some aerial shots of the Morphew home from this morning. Two law enforcement vehicles are in the driveway. The sheriff said the home is one of the many areas of focus during this investigation. Search warrant is sealed (per usual with cases like this). #SuzanneMorphew

EYjO1qeU4AARGto

EYjO1qgU0AAcjyl

8:13 AM · May 21, 2020

Websleuths - Tricia interviewing chris and mike from PE:

TD and DD interviewing chris and mike from PE:

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

August 10, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — It has now been three months since a Chaffee County mother disappeared. For the first time, a family member of the woman is speaking out to FOX21 News.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10th, on Mother’s Day in the town of Maysville, Colorado.

One of Suzanne’s family members says that they are worried Barry, Suzanne’s husband hasn’t told investigators everything he knows. Barry told the family he was working in Denver when Suzanne was reported missing and their girls were on a camping trip out of state.

Her family also wants everyone to shine a bright light to remind the public that she is still missing and just how much she’s loved. FOX21 received photos of people shining lights all across the country and world.

[..]

One of Suzanne’s family members is breaking their silence with the promise of anonymity. They’re worried Barry is tampering with the investigation.

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information.

[..]

Michelle Davis is a childhood friend of Suzanne’s. She also attended church together and the bond they formed there grew. They both dealt with cancer, each staying strong for the other.

“Getting to go through this journey of cancer to see where God had led us and it was encouraging words for her that day to get to go through this together,” Davis added.

Suzanne’s family says she beat Non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a young girl in her late teens. At the time, the family says doctors told Suzanne the harsh treatments meant children weren’t likely in her future.

“She lost her hair back then because I remember her getting a wig,” Davis recalled. “She didn’t expect to lose her hair this time but it just thinned a little bit. I did lose my hair. It wasn’t losing the hair that was the hard part it was others treating you differently. She was praying that she wouldn’t lose her hair this time so that Barry and the girls wouldn’t see her like that.”

[..]

Investigators were handing out flyers on Monday and asking anyone with information to call the tipline at (719) 312-7530. So far 700 tips have been collected. Investigators went to Indiana a few weeks ago which is where Suzanne and Barry grew up to question friends and family.

FOX21 has reached out to Barry many times for an interview or a statement but haven’t heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for a safe return – no questions asked.

Last edited:
Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

August 10, 2020

“Suzanne is the kindest, sweetest, soft spoken woman I’ve ever known, but most importantly she’s a follower of Christ. Her gentle spirit is like that of Jesus’, always seeking to give him praise in whatever she does. If you need a friend that will lift you up in prayer or offer encouragement, Suzanne is that friend!

Thank you Lauren for continuing to put her face and story out there and thank you so much for seeking answers when they are sparse. I pray for Suzanne and for Mal, Macy, and Barry, that the truth will come out regardless of what that truth is. We have assurance that if Suzanne has already passed away from this earth that we will see her again in heaven one day because of what Christ did for us on the cross. That hope comes from knowing she trusts Christ as her Lord and savior and seeks to praise the Lord in any situation. That is what we are choosing to do as well.”

FRIEND OF SUZANNE’S FROM CHURCH

Holly Burman has a daughter the same age as one of Suzanne’s daughters and that is how they became friends.

“She’s lots of fun and likes to things with the girls and that is why I don’t think she would have left on her own,” Burman explained. “Those girls mean too much to her to do that.”

Burman added that Suzanne wasn’t the kind of lady who had to look perfect before going out.

“She called one day and said let’s take the girls to Gene’s Rootbeer and Hotdog’s in your jeep,” Burman said. “It was a last-minute thing beautiful summer night she and I had ballcaps on, no makeup on, and we drove 45 minutes in the jeep. Top-down, hair blowing everywhere, and just laughed, and giggled, it was just carefree fun!”

Suzanne’s friends say she had faith and now they’re leaning on faith as they wait to hear from investigators as to what happened to their sweet friend.

“This whole thing is shocking to think that somebody you knew has disappeared out of the clear blue,” Davis added. “When I texted her on the 30th wishing her a happy birthday in April then that Monday morning my boyfriend who also went to school with us said did you hear Suzanne is missing and I’m like what… so it’s been a shock all along.”

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew refused polygraph test; truck data doesn’t line up with alibi, family member says
snipped
Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew refused polygraph test; truck data doesn’t line up with alibi, family member says
https://www.crimeonline.com/author/ekilloran/
by Ellen Killoran
August 11, 2020

Relatives of missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew are concerned that Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew might know more than he is telling investigators, according to a new report.

A relative of Suzanne’s spoke to Fox 21 News about the ongoing investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance three months ago. The Indiana native, who had moved to Chaffee County, Colorado, with her family in recent years, was reported missing on Mother’s Day when she did not return from an apparent bike ride that morning — a bike ride that authorities have never confirmed, though non-police sources said early in the investigation that Suzanne’s bike had been found.

The family member, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the news station that Barry Morphew had twice refused a polygraph test, and claimed that data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.

Aug 11, 2020

Relatives of missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew are concerned that Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew might know more than he is telling investigators, according to a new report.

A relative of Suzanne’s spoke to Fox 21 News about the ongoing investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance three months ago. The Indiana native, who had moved to Chaffee County, Colorado, with her family in recent years, was reported missing on Mother’s Day when she did not return from an apparent bike ride that morning — a bike ride that authorities have never confirmed, though non-police sources said early in the investigation that Suzanne’s bike had been found.

The family member, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the news station that Barry Morphew had twice refused a polygraph test, and claimed that data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.
[..]

Authorities in Chafee County have not commented publicly on Barry Morphew’s whereabouts on the weekend Suzanne went missing. Earlier in the investigation, there were conflicting reports about where Suzanne’s husband was on Mother’s Day weekend, when the couple’s two daughters were reportedly out of town.

Initially, a source reportedly said that Barry was at a firefighter training workshop. The Chaffee County Fire Chief told CrimeOnline this spring that he was unaware of any firefighter trainings sponsored by his department that weekend. He said he believed Barry had been working at a landscaping job in Denver when his wife went missing. According to the Fox 21 News report, that’s also what Barry told family about his whereabouts the weekend Suzanne disappeared.
[..]

The Fox 21 News report does not elaborate on how the data from Barry’s truck purportedly conflicts with what he told police. CrimeOnline has requested further specifics about a “critical analysis” test that Barry declined, according to the relative’s account.

In May, CrimeOnline spoke to a relative of Suzanne’s, who requested anonymity. That relative said that Suzanne’s extended family was “in the dark” about the missing persons investigation. They also said that while Suzanne and Barry seemed like a happy couple, “sometimes we don’t know people as well as we think we do.”

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Distribute Flyers On 3 Month Anniversary Of Disappearance

August 10, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) — The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation spent Monday distributing more missing person flyers to Chaffee County residents. Monday was the three month anniversary of Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance.

suzanne-morphew-flyers-credit-chaffee-co-sheriff2-1.jpg

Morphew was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10, after leaving her home in Mayesville to go for a bike ride.

Last month, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. At that time, investigators said they hadn’t ruled anyone out as a suspect.

Copter-Feed-of-Morphews-House_frame_9881.jpeg

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said in July. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

In May, the sheriff’s office, the FBI and CBI conducted a three-day search at a residential construction site east of Salida. The property owner told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband, Barry, laid the dirt at the riverfront property.

For the first time, #Suzannemorphew husband - Barry is breaking his silence after more than three months. The FULL STORY will be on our website @FOX21News at 8:30 p.m. and you will be able to stream the LIVE broadcast at 9 p.m. to see the video. #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1296560729877884928?s=21

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Aug 20, 2020

image0000.jpg

And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

“He went to write down a description of maybe what she was wearing,” Butala said. “I just thought it was weird because he didn’t explain the color of her eyes were or her hair or anything about her like how tall she was or anything.”

Last edited:
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Aug 20, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — For the first time since May 10, the day Suzanne Morphew seemingly disappeared from her Chaffee County home, her husband, Barry, spoke, over the phone, exclusively to FOX21’s Lauren Scharf.

[..]

During a 25-minute conversation that took place Tuesday, Barry theorized over what may have happened to his wife. He mentioned the possibility of an animal attack, an accident, perhaps, with someone on the road, or even, he said, a run-in with someone who knows her well.

Barry declined an in-person interview and said he did not want a recording of the call to be aired.

He said he has continued to search for Suzanne, the mother of his two daughters, despite the public’s apparent perception he isn’t doing enough.

[..]

But on the phone with Scharf, Barry said, “my wife and I have been in love since 1988 and she’s the love of my life. And I continue to search for her every day and I will until I find her. I promise and I promised my girls that.”

He also spoke about his family’s deep-seated faith.

“We don’t know why God does what he does,” Barry told Scharf. ” But we have to trust him.”

And, over the phone, Barry said unfair coverage of his wife’s disappearance has painted him in a bad light, and convinced him to stay silent.

“I am afraid of what is out there,” he said. “People don’t know the truth, so they’re gonna think what they’re gonna think.”

[..]

Juliet Fitzgibbons, an avid biker from Denver who decided to drive out for a ride in the Salida area, has doubts.

“I don’t know why the husband won’t speak out, right?” Fitzgibbons said. “Any info is good info… if you’re trying to find out what happened to the mother of your children.”

Fitzgibbon’s ride that day happened to align with the area where Suzzane’s bike was found. She said the area isn’t marked.

“I actually missed seeing the ribbon,” she said. “I wish there was a bigger memorial here.”

[..]

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

In an earlier interview, Suzanne’s family told FOX21 CBI agents asked Barry to take a polygraph test on two separate occasions, and, each time, he turned them down.

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back