Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert, either. Last I knew, however, was that SM wasn't actually listed on any of the "official" missing person databases? Does anyone know, is that still true? We've wondered why that was from early on, and I have no idea if/how that might have an impact here (assuming she's still not listed)?
Not sure if this has been answered yet as I am just catching up but she is entered in NamUs as Missing Person.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I found the former home in IN sold 5/29/19. Has anyone found different data for the sale of SM B home located in IN?
26040 Cal Carson Road, Arcadia, IN 46030 - MLS# 21605073 | Estately
I am speculating that BM/SM financed the buyers because the property tax statement was being sent to their address in Colorado and on paper they were still listed as “owners” of home and land. The taxes were due MAY 11 and as of yesterday they were still UNPAID. I’m wondering if purchaser had a lease to buy option? My daughter sold a home, lease to buy, the purchaser paid 12 monthly payments and then that money was put toward down payment for couple to buy the property through bank. Did that make sense? Maybe the prospective buyers are relatives they were helping out?

Attachments

• 517EED1E-A857-4A5F-8A8D-90384535559C.jpeg
    517EED1E-A857-4A5F-8A8D-90384535559C.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 13
1- IDK will ask at work - I don’t see how a valid POA can be struck down unless proven it was executed under duress or its fraudulent IMO
2-hmm I don’t think the court can change the terms of the trust - will ask but the trust has to have a co- trustee or successor trustee and in happy marriages it’s generally the spouse - we did do a trust once where the successor was the adult son rather than the wife - But that was because “women can’t handle finances” according to the husband
JMO

Depends on the trust. My parents put everything in trust for me, as successor trustee and beneficiary. If I die, then everything goes to my daughters and nothing to my husband. So, as we revise that trust, he is not going to be the successor trustee - it will be my eldest daughter. Because I want the trust to stay exactly as my parents envisioned it. Next successor will be my youngest daughter. If I live a very long time, I'll add granddaughters. But not husband, who has no interest or aptitude in managing legal matters, and has no interest in acquiring any assets of that trust. In fact, he wants to put our own property into a trust and is fine if our daughter is the successor trustee. We all know that if something happens to me, he's not going to be thinking about money first, and in fact, would need the help that the daughters could provide.

So people do have reasons for not placing their spouse into the position of successor trustee. I'd prefer, by far, that my husband be relieved of the various duties entailed by being trustee and both of our daughters are competent, energetic, know people in accountancy and law, and would want to help him in whatever way they could. He will still be the beneficiary of our trust, of course, until he dies.

In our household, it's kind of the opposite in terms of sex. My husband has no real interest in finances and only recently figured out how to check our account balances. He'd be gobsmacked by the number of minor details (property taxes, escrow accounts, homeowners' insurance, income tax returns, CD's of deposit, their renewals, etc., etc) that are involved in my parents' trust.

In my state, the alleged Ward-SM- would be appointed an attorney to represent her.

Last guardianship we did, the Ward pays for all of it once letters of guardianship of the property are issued - so SM would pay for everything including the doctors who would examine her if she were available

Hmm if there is a Trust and he’s not a co-trustee or successor trustee someone is - we structure multiple people to serve just in case and then ultimately an institutional trustee. The trust would spell all of that out and I can’t imagine it not having an incapacity clause - but she’s missing

Yes - in my state before Letters are issued she would be appointed her own attorney

So IN Notice is To the adult child first - then goes on to name others - it looks like his side of the family has no say and no consent IMO - great research

That’s what it looks like but we discovered CO tax bills revert to current owner even in prior years - recorded deeds are the best at clarifying current ownership IMO

That’s what I don’t understand- she is a resident of CO right? In my state guardianship is determined by residency of the Ward- I posted about a situation we just had this week - minor inherited FL property with adults but lives in NY- guardianship has to be in NY

By now, the CBI knows about this IMO -
Let’s see if it’s reported today
—-
I need to assemble all these terrific links you all have posted in the media thread for our easy reference.
@gitana1 would be interested in what you think about all this - A CO mom -SM goes missing May 10 and husband Files petition for guardianship in IN together with a Petition to sell property - a consent and waiver also filed (by who -we don’t know it’s not public information but they have an adult child)

I need more details. Who is SM? Step mom? Who lives where? Guardianship of whom?

I suppose that if it’s true BM has this army of searchers working for him (as he told TD on the video), he may need $$ to compensate or outfit them. I dunno. I’m trying to stay neutral as best I can.

As for the $100K reward, he may have a home equity line of credit available. But perhaps would rather not go into debt if he doesn’t have to. JMO etc.

I don’t get the impression he’s rolling in liquid assets but I don’t know that I think he’s without resources. IMO ??? Etc

What is interesting about BM being added to the G** page at the 11th hour is that funds MUST be withdrawn in 30 days and we are approaching that date. Donations have dwindled down to nothing at this point, the last being a week ago. When he saw he'd gotten the most he will probably get... his name was put on for a quick cash grab. IMO

I'm not familiar with the gimme site, having never used it...so forgive me if this is a silly question...but I'm wondering whether if someone had donated to it earlier and at this point feels differently about the direction things seem to be going in....can they rescind their donation? (Obviously not if it's been cleaned out already, but prior to that point?)
Thanks....moo.

I'm honestly puzzled here. People, not just you, keep saying he must have had a power of attorney for his wife and see something nefarious in its absence. We've never had anything like that in our marriage, nor have any of our relatives at any point. Mr. Carbuff and his siblings did have POA for his aunt and then later for his mother when they were ill and unable to manage their finances, but don't spouses already have that right for each other?
Exactly, which makes the petition so bizarre.

It’s my understanding (IMO) that a well-trained (HRD) water search dog can indicate on remains in an open water search up to 90 feet below the water surface. Shore based searches I imagine would be less. The dogs really need to be able to get their noses close to the water surface. A friend’s dog is actually comfortable with her holding his tail as he really leans over the boat to smell. Some dogs will even lick the water before they indicate (taste & smell) – that can be a cue for a handler in tune with their dog. The other big challenge is dive teams being able to then locate the body, then safely recover it. A dog alert doesn’t always mean the body is just “right there”. Then who knows what they are dealing with underwater visibility and physical obstructions. Equipment is a big deal to scan underwater, with these folks trained to look for shapes. Example: a drowning victim is often face up, arms out below the water surface. A murder victim wrapped or weighed down will take on a different shape.

In many of these searches dogs are brought in for drowning victims and they have a decent general area of the PLS. IMO, these dogs can cover several acres during an open water search. The dog is just one part, the other part is the expert well versed on water movement, the area they are in, etc. So many variables. I would imagine it would be very difficult without any investigative facts or leads to do a blind search of a body of water for a victim.

Regarding the really cold water temps. I’ve heard that dogs can smell through porous (not sure if that’s the right word) ice and holes being drilled in the ice can help release any decomp gas odors. Think of an ice fisherman going under. The actual depth – I’m really not sure in these conditions? I would imagine in really cold water odor will remain at the bottom and not release until enough gas builds up in the body cavity? You could also have the challenge of odor being carried a decent distance from where the actual victim is.

In SM case, there seemed to be a decent amount of time spent on dive teams searching. Of course we would like to know why that focus? What information caused that search? Did a live find tracking or trailing dog lead them there? In this case so far, I don’t believe any information has been released on what dogs did or did not do. I never assume anything unless LE says it and they kind of tend not to anymore. In a court proceeding a dog handler might be called to speak to their dogs capabilities. It’s one of the reasons why, IMO, they don’t like LE to give out dog team search information to the media. I think NG made a comment of dogs tracking in this case being "inconclusive" on her podcast – but I would not trust her information here at all. That can mean anything or nothing. IMO

Wow - what a great post. Many thoughts arise in my mind after reading this. I'd suspect the results will be termed "inconclusive" until Suzanne is found.

The difficulties you outline are so concerning. Even if scent led them to the South Arkansas and then down toward the dam, it would still be so difficult to locate a body. Summer may change some things, though. Investigators must have to have nerves of steel, this situation would be driving me crazy.

What is interesting about BM being added to the G** page at the 11th hour is that funds MUST be withdrawn in 30 days and we are approaching that date. Donations have dwindled down to nothing at this point, the last being a week ago. When he saw he'd gotten the most he will probably get... his name was put on for a quick cash grab. IMO
The fund expenses are said to be "meticulously tracked & detailed in a report of costs". Curious who would have access to the report and if it's available on request?

A team member is a designated fundraiser, not a beneficiary, of a *** account.
I did google how to withdraw money, it seems like only one person is designated to do that. But it said something about an organization, so maybe there is more than one way to set those things up so multiple people have access?

I had not heard before that funds must be withdrawn within 30 days. I wonder if you are confusing the 30 days with another platform?

jmo

According to the web site under “Common Questions”:

Are there any deadlines or time limits?

No, never. With , there are no deadlines or time limits. Your campaign will remain live until you choose to turn off donations or remove the campaign altogether. Most organizers leave their campaigns active indefinitely to refer back to the kind comments and support they received.

The fund expenses are said to be "meticulously tracked & detailed in a report of costs". Curious who would have access to the report and if it's available on request?
While reading through the "rules" on the G** site I believe the "beneficiary" can be changed if they did not withdraw any funds yet. Once money is withdrawn the beneficiary cannot be changed. I'm curious about the accounting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum