Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been mentioned that their church is very "strict." What if it's as simple as her wanting to leave on her own terms, but the stigma of suicide - whether from friends, family or church - made it a non-starter for her take her own life, or seek assisted-suicide, etc. The family could have decided to do this in a way designed to keep BM out of legal trouble. It all just "fits" from my perspective. The LE searches were done because they were investigating every angle.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Sure, assisted suicide might be someone's choice....but if so, wouldn't one just announce "Mrs X passed away this day" and not give specific details?

MOO

Change of ownership of IN. parcel w house?
Their former property in Indiana is still in their name. They must be financing it for the couple who purchased it in May 2019. The taxes were due on it recently May 11 to be exact and last I checked were overdue and UNPAID.
@vaporlass :) Thanks for prompting me to look again. Just catching up on thread; apologies if I'm repeating info others already posted, as I overlooked a relevant part of co. records before.

Imo, BM & SM are still legal owners of 10 acre parcel w house, subject to May 2019 "land contract" below. A recorded "land contract" shown in co records does not change the legal ownership, not until BM & SM sign deed to convey their interest in the prop to, say John Styles or Andrew Baker. The land contract will (should) spell out the terms re who is to pay prop taxes (as between the two parties) during the term of the contract. Often such a contract extends for 5 -10 - 20 yrs, but until seller transfers legal title --- the 'fee simple' --- by a deed, the seller is legally responsible for prop taxes. If tax payments become delinquent while land contract is still pending, seller is legally responsible.

As @oviedo said, seeing actual deeds would answer w greater clarity, so slim possibility ^ is not accurate.
I welcome confirmation, clarification, or correction, esp from our legal & r/e professionals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detail of basis for imo.

"Ownership Information" & "Current Ownership" (10 acres, BM & SM, deeded owner, Colorado mailing address)
https://secure2.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/PropertyReports/reports.aspx?parcel=0302200000015001&tab=currentownership

"Ownership Information" & "Transfer History" (same 10 acres, BM & SM)
https://secure2.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/PropertyReports/reports.aspx?parcel=0302200000016000&tab=transferhistory
^ This shows May 2019 "land contract" but BM & SM as "Transferred from" & "Transferred to."
^ indicating no legal change of ownership, but inserting the "land contract" into chain of title as 'public notice.'

"Taxes & Payments" & "Comparison Report" (10 acres) shows MTM & ANM w C--- C--- Rd address at
"Taxpayer Name and Property Address" so (p
resumably, imo) they are buyers under the ^ land contract.
Hamilton County, IN - Property Records

FWIW, part of
my prior confusion: co records show 2 parcels at same street address on C-- C---- Rd.
Beside the 10 acre parcel ^, SM & BM owned a three acre parcel, in Mar 2019 transferred it to a
seed company which is now tthe deeded owner of parcel (03-02-20-00-00-015.001) < ---- not the parcel w house on it.
https://secure2.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/PropertyReports/reports.aspx?parcel=0302200000015001&tab=transferhistory

Last edited:
This is appalling.

How did he get this done in such record time?
Did he take a quick little break from his search for his missing wife to fly out to IN, or what?

I thought that the Crew Dragon making it all the way into orbit within 12 minutes of launch was a remarkable feat.

I ask again: What's the rush?

JMO.
I’m wondering if the purchasers had one year from date of purchase May 29 2019 to secure their own financing and it HAD to be done by that time??? Still strange SM goes missing about the time they get a windfall of over 800k (estimate) for purchase of their Indiana house.

I have been a member of Ancestry for 15 years. I agree with you, but I’m still shocked by date and the manner of burial. Plus the submitter has submitted 283 memorials, so not someone who just jumped on there. She has SM attached to her mothers memorial, as well. Why that date? Why that manner of burial? It’s just strange and it shocked me.

The contributing member bio states that two members of her family have been murdered, and she is dedicated to remembering murder victims. Perhaps, like many other people in user generated forums, she has jumped the gun this time. IMO

Then he just committed fraud on the court in IN. IMO
IMO - he's got to sell that property - which one is it? Wonder if Ellen knows? anyone care to tweet her and ask?
Well her article states that the closing date is tomorrow!

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.

It's been mentioned that their church is very "strict." What if it's as simple as her wanting to leave on her own terms, but the stigma of suicide - whether from friends, family or church - made it a non-starter for her take her own life, or seek assisted-suicide, etc. The family could have decided to do this in a way designed to keep BM out of legal trouble. It all just "fits" from my perspective. The LE searches were done because they were investigating every angle.

I don't understand -- keep BM out of legal trouble how?

If a spouse wants to commit suicide then I don't think going to a place to die where you will not be found after 3+weeks searching is what you do if the intent is to keep husband out of legal trouble. MOO

OK in another bizarre twist related to finances..
BM has now been added to the G** page as a "Team Member" possibly allowing him to withdraw directly.

Well, dang! It looks as if BM even waited until nobody was donating any more money before becoming a "Team Member" and filing for Guardianship over SM. MOO

The contributing member bio states that two members of her family have been murdered, and she is dedicated to remembering murder victims. Perhaps, like many other people in user generated forums, she has jumped the gun this time. IMO
You mean like she had a tentative memorial made up ready to go with made up details and accidentally posted it? Perhaps, but still so strange.

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.
perhaps the contract for sale is attached as an exhibit to the petition to sell? it's what we have to do when selling property during the probate process.
IMO

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

June 5, 2020

CrimeOnline obtained documents from Hamilton Superior Court in Hamilton County, Indiana, showing that Barry Morphew filed a petition for guardianship of Suzanne Morphew on June 1.

The pending petition states that Suzanne Morphew “is deemed incapacitated under Indiana Law because she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry.”

“The need exists for the appointment of a guardian of the alleged incapacitated person in that she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry and property in Hamilton County, Indiana, needs to be sold,” the petition reads.

A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

CrimeOnline was unable to locate definitively established guidelines in Indiana for appointing guardianship of a missing person.

“It’s the wild west. There’s no uniformity,” Catherine Seal, a Colorado-based attorney with practice areas of guardianship and elder law, said of guardianship law in the U.S.

“Guardianship is the red-headed stepchild of the probate court,” Seal, a senior partner at Kirland & Seal, LLC, added.

James McGuire, a staff attorney at the Indiana Supreme Court, said that Indiana Supreme Court lawyers could not comment on the guardianship petition because the case is still pending, and could potentially proceed to the higher court. Several private practice attorneys based in Indiana declined to comment, and the attorney representing Barry Morphew in the petition for guardianship did not immediately respond to an interview request.

CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s office has encouraged members of the public who may have information related to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance to call the dedicated tip line at 719-312-7530.
“...cannot be located based upon reasonable inquiry.”

Yeah, I think a 26 second video is totally reasonable in that regard. What does that work out to? Like a second for every year of marriage?

Repeating the obvious. In 99.9% cases, this transaction between a husband and wife is completed by POA and not by special court intervention such as Guardianship.

I believe that any POA that exists between the couple was revoked or is limited because SM had no intention for BM to have complete authority over her joint assets. MOO

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

Okay, so Ancestry used FindAGrave and not a death certificate of any kind (not a family Bible or something).

The person who posted the FindAGrave entry has been a member of *advertiser censored* for a year and a half, and says they've had two family members murdered and that they apparently grieve for other murder victims. So, they put up a grave-less entry and Ancestry crawled through there and put it on their site!

Ancestry needs to take that down (and so does FindAGrave). The person who posted it invites others who want a memorial for their murder victim to contact him/her and they'll do a memorial page on *advertiser censored*.

So apparently, someone truly believes Suzanne is gone and we are all invited to share memories of her on the *advertiser censored* page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum