Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you wonder that?

From other cases, we know that Walmart security videos are pretty thorough. :)

I also learned from an article on a tech website that Walmart is or was known for their state-of-the-art security system. I've been trying to find that article to post a link - it was a few years ago.

210,000 reward while adding his name for a hand out on G** ...the irony!

So ironic.

And so very, very revealing.

100k of that 210k was offered by BM himself.

So, if he has 100k at his disposal, why not earmark 50k of it for a reward offer and the other 50k for search efforts?

I'd love to know exactly how much of his own money BM has contributed toward his private search.

JMO.

Last edited:
From other cases, we know that Walmart security videos are pretty thorough. :)

I also learned from an article on a tech website that Walmart is or was known for their state-of-the-art security system. I've been trying to find that article to post a link - it was a few years ago.
My teenage son just started working for Wal-Mart not long ago. They actually train staff to NOT intervene if they see someone shoplifting - apparently this is because (per his manager) that they instead collect video on these individuals and wait until they have stolen enough merchandise to qualify for a felony, then they'll act. My point is that, if true, this certainly indicates that Wal-Mart has a very sophisticated system of saving, filing, retrieving and connecting video surveillance from their stores, and even implies they may have existing connections to/with local LE. MOO.

The vast majority of what you've mentioned here, I can almost guarantee none of us ever really give a second thought to, because we are law abiding citizens with nothing to hide from the police. (I confess, I had no idea the fobs contain data, now that does sort of creep me out). That said, that's exactly the problem for those who are normally a law abiding citizen, and then one day decide to I dunno, kill someone and hide the body. They also don't think about all these ways they've been tracked all along, but it's the FIRST thing investigators will start gathering to look over - all the electronic evidence.

Despite the fact I follow so many cases where digital evidence comes into play, I still find things all the time that are "tracking" me that I never knew about previously. One example is with google Chrome. Loads of people use it, and most know you can delete your search history. What some folks might not know, is that clearing your history is all well and good but you better take a look here https://myactivity.google.com too, after you've cleared your history. Then, you need too look at your synced phone's history too, because it doesn't always actually clear everything. This is just 1 tiny little thing, and there are 100 of them, if not more, tracking us all over the place, as you've mentioned. Quite literally from my front door to my car in the driveway, I am tracked by my phone, my fitbit, and my Ring cam that recorded me leaving the house. Once I get in the vehicle and turn it on, GPS is on as well. I haven't even left my driveway yet and I've been tracked by 4 separate devices - not to mention whatever home security cams folks next door and across the street might have. It's kind of mind boggling really, but here we are.
Wow this post is so eye opening! I mean we all know most of this already but when you put it all together like that you kind of feel violated! We know big brother really is watching us! So if you’re going to commit a murder these days you better plan it very carefully so it aligns with your locations and Normal activity. Luckily it’s not so easy to do! So really the safest kind of murder would be doing something that looks like an accident where the body is left in place. If BM wanted to kill SM why not take her somewhere and make it look like an accident? That’s why I speculated it was not planned but accidental during a fight...or he hired hit man. And btw Life 360 is a necessity if you have a driving age teenager! My daughter calls it my “stalker app”. It tells you where they are - exact location - when they arrived and what time they leave. It even tells you the speed they are driving and if they use their phone while driving. It’s expensive but well worth it for the peace of mind it provides and the lies it prevents!

I just called the Chaffee County building permit department. (719 539 2124)
The woman I spoke with said that the property on County Road 105, where the concrete slab was investigated, DOES have a building permit.
I did not ask why "JQ Public" can see no evidence of that permit.
It is good to know those property owners play by the rules.
IMO

Unless it was May 8-10
IMO if you murder someone and go to Wal-Mart or Target (or Home depot or any big store) to buy cleaning supplies,bleach, tarp or big plastic containers then you are very stupid and especially if you put it on a debit or credit card! Most people already have cleaning supplies, bleach, trash bags etc. at their home. I think you would just have to do the best with what you have on hand. If it’s premeditated and you buy those type of things ahead of time LE can probably still find those receipts. Way too risky but LE probably still has to spend a lot of time and manpower checking because there are a lot of dumb criminals! ;)

There is now a house framed on that site. I'm pretty sure nothing was found there or they would not have allowed the construction to commence.
I agree. I think it's been more than two weeks since investigators told us the property owner was fully cooperating with law enforcement, not connected with the disappearance of SM, and nothing related to SM was located after three days of searching. That was quite a scene and I hope the property owner can move on with his privacy restored.

I'm not arguing with you, but there have been no inspections or permit issues since before the search. This is highly irregular. IMO

Building Department Permit Detail

As I've said before, would not be "irregular" in the town where my dad's house is - or in the town where my grandma's house is in Colorado. The builder got the permits, the permits are valid, LE did X, life goes on. There's probably no local requirement for people to re-permit just because a search warrant is served.

I'd say it's not at all unusual in many places. Including the entire area where my mom and siblings live (which is not Colorado, but is equally as uncrowded as Chaffee County).

IMO, I don't believe the CO Morphew home is ground zero for whatever event caused her disappearance.
Would it be normal for LE to spend so much time at the house even if they didn’t find anything? What about the evidence bags they carried out? Not being argumentative just asking because I have no idea. It just seemed to me they held their home for an extended amount of time. Wasn’t it ten days?!

I agree. I think it's been more than two weeks since investigators told us the property owner was fully cooperating with law enforcement, not connected with the disappearance of SM, and nothing related to SM was located after three days of searching. That was quite a scene and I hope the property owner can move on with his privacy restored.

What we still don’t know for certain is whether something from that dig was later determined to be connected to SM. A snippet from the May 24th CCSO press release:

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation.”

The key phrase is “at this time”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it turns out that, in fact, they did discover something important but in keeping with their overall approach to date, aren’t disclosing a thing to the public as yet.

IMO if you murder someone and go to Wal-Mart or Target (or Home depot or any big store) to buy cleaning supplies,bleach, tarp or big plastic containers then you are very stupid and especially if you put it on a debit or credit card! Most people already have cleaning supplies, bleach, trash bags etc. at their home. I think you would just have to do the best with what you have on hand. If it’s premeditated and you buy those type of things ahead of time LE can probably still find those receipts. Way too risky but LE probably still has to spend a lot of time and manpower checking because there are a lot of dumb criminals! ;)

There are a lot of dumb criminals.....

Also, it’s true that most people have these items on hand. If they are missing from a well-stocked home, that might be a red flag.....all used up?

MOO

Very good points. I recall a case where a woman was convicted because not only could her vehicle show where she had been, but also when a car door was open and how long. We’ve seen cell phones, Fitbits and smart watches , even pacemakers provide valuable clues and evidence.
Here’s one I never thought of— a water heater!

Another smart device, Bates' water heater, points to an exorbitant amount of water being used in the early-morning hours, in what investigators believe was an attempt to cover up a crime, the affidavit says.

Amazon pushes back on prosecutor request for Alexa smart speaker info - CNN

Wow a smart water heater !!! And yes of course, I had totally forgotten to include the amazon Alexa and I resisted purchasing such a device not because I have anything to hide but because yet again, it is another way of big brother potentially watching you as the saying goes , and there’s some suggestion too about Smart TV’s although I don’t know how much of that is hyperbole!
The bottom line is that these are extreme ways to gather evidence there would be a huge backlash against it and the levels of government authorisation needed ( certainly in the UK where I am from and where RIPA ( Regulation of investigatory powers act 2000, superseded in 2018-19 I think by RIPA 2) would be extraordinary and I would think , only be used for extreme cases, for example maybe Terrorism ....
But the bottom line is that there is so much evidence that can be gleaned by way of our technological footprint that it has to be nigh on impossible nowadays for anyone to plan sufficiently to commit a crime , knowing that all bases of negating evidence recovery have been covered . You cannot reasonably plan for every single eventuality in this day and age, no matter how hard you try ! All IMOO

So ironic.

And so very, very revealing.

100k of that 210k was offered by BM himself.

So, if he has 100k at his disposal, why not earmark 50k of it for a reward offer and the other 50k for search efforts?

I'd love to know exactly how much of his own money BM has contributed toward his private search efforts.

JMO.
Me too. Have we even heard of or has anyone reported witnessing any more searches after the first week???

The vast majority of what you've mentioned here, I can almost guarantee none of us ever really give a second thought to, because we are law abiding citizens with nothing to hide from the police. (I confess, I had no idea the fobs contain data, now that does sort of creep me out). That said, that's exactly the problem for those who are normally a law abiding citizen, and then one day decide to I dunno, kill someone and hide the body. They also don't think about all these ways they've been tracked all along, but it's the FIRST thing investigators will start gathering to look over - all the electronic evidence.

Despite the fact I follow so many cases where digital evidence comes into play, I still find things all the time that are "tracking" me that I never knew about previously. One example is with google Chrome. Loads of people use it, and most know you can delete your search history. What some folks might not know, is that clearing your history is all well and good but you better take a look here https://myactivity.google.com too, after you've cleared your history. Then, you need too look at your synced phone's history too, because it doesn't always actually clear everything. This is just 1 tiny little thing, and there are 100 of them, if not more, tracking us all over the place, as you've mentioned. Quite literally from my front door to my car in the driveway, I am tracked by my phone, my fitbit, and my Ring cam that recorded me leaving the house. Once I get in the vehicle and turn it on, GPS is on as well. I haven't even left my driveway yet and I've been tracked by 4 separate devices - not to mention whatever home security cams folks next door and across the street might have. It's kind of mind boggling really, but here we are.
Excellent post and I agree, it’s mind boggling but as law abiding citizens we have nothing to fear unless of course someone wants to use our footprint against us or manipulate it to use against us .... MOO

What we still don’t know for certain is whether something from that dig was later determined to be connected to SM. A snippet from the May 24th CCSO press release:

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation.”

The key phrase is “at this time”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it turns out that, in fact, they did discover something important but in keeping with their overall approach to date, aren’t disclosing a thing to the public as yet.
I agree wholeheartedly. It says the same thing to me as Spezze's statement in the one and only live pressor.

When asked if BM was cooperating- "Yes, he is cooperating and I hope he continues to do so".

Excellent post and I agree, it’s mind boggling but as law abiding citizens we have nothing to fear unless of course someone wants to use our footprint against us or manipulate it to use against us .... MOO

Do people that live in million dollar homes, use rewards cards for points?
I mean, I do (collect rewards points) and I probably still would if I lived in Fancyhouse, but I have no idea if other folks do.
Personally I think lots of people have them just because it's so annoying to have the store push it on you each time if you don't. IMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly my concern. And increasingly, my suspicion.
I wrote that only half jokingly... You have to be pretty "motivated" to go and dig up someone's new house and in retrospect pretty reckless to do that and come out completely empty handed. What was so captivating to the judge, but also completely wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia