Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Unfortunately, it's going to get much, much worse for them when an arrest is made.

I do hope for both of their sakes that SM's remains are located, so that *HER* daughters can at least have that much of their mother returned to them.

JMO.
I agree it will get worse for them, but the agony of all this waiting and uncertainty...ugh. Especially if they suspect things.

IMO the sheriff is paranoid about the husband and I'm worried this suspicious car was left behind in his investigation. Why? I do not see any public asking if anyone saw this car.

Even if the Ninnescah body proves to be a bust for our case, it sure is adding new ideas to the mix!
A gun safe detail is such an interesting possibility. BM is a hunter, and with his earth moving equipment he could easily move around a heavy gun safe.
LE were already onto the Bobcat (or other earth mover) theme with their search of the construction site BM worked on.
Are gun safes waterproof? Then maybe they'd be difficult for a cadaver dog to track?
I wonder if BM bought a new gun safe recently...
Do you keep gun safes in the garage, or just mostly in the basement bolted to the ground?
Does the CO Morphew home have an exit outdoors from the basement? Like a bulkhead? I don't remember from the flyover.
MY hubby has a gun safe in our bedroom closet at home and at the cabin. I doubt they are water proof but some are indeed fireproof. Neither of his are bolted but likely should be.
His cases also have small keys. I am wondering if that is the little object LE were looking for at BM’s work sight?

I didn't hear driveway, all I heard was he was biking on the highway near where she was reported missing? moo

No.............he was riding his fat tire mountain bike on Chaffee County Road 225.

From the CR 225 turnoff on Highway 50 to the "Y" in the road is 44/100 ths of a mile. Then From the "Y" eastward on CR 225 to SM's driveway is another 21/100 ths of a mile. From that "Y" westward on CR225 to the end of the road at Fooses Creek Dam is 29/100 ths of a mile.

I think it's safe to assume that any car on CR 225 was in the vicinity of SM's driveway. IMO

Why do you mean by the Sheriff being "paranoid of the huband"?
The constant investigation of him. Where is the investigation of anyone else? Are there posters or public pleas to ask about this car or any stranger in the area? I don't see anything.

The constant investigation of him. Where is the investigation of anyone else? Are there posters or public pleas to ask about this car or any stranger in the area? I don't see anything.
Why do you insist if LE isn't showing their hand to the public, that means <conclusory accusation of LE's feelings or actions>?

I know they say "it's always the husband" but you can't assume that in every case. Case in point, a month and nothing. :(
Who says "it's always the husband?" Not the FBI. Statistics show it is often someone who is close to the victim, and yes that includes an intimate partner, but it's not 100% a spouse in every case and it doesn't mean a crime can't be caused by someone not in the victim's intimate circle.

IMO the sheriff is paranoid about the husband and I'm worried this suspicious car was left behind in his investigation. Why? I do not see any public asking if anyone saw this car.
We don’t see/hear any public asking about anything. IIRC there was a video that showed several cars parked on the road near a trail head. If the person reported the car toLE, I’m sure they followed up. Why wouldn’t they? They obviously want to find Suzanne.

Who says "it's always the husband?" Not the FBI. Statistics show it is often someone who is close to the victim, and yes that includes an intimate partner, but it's not 100% a spouse in every case and it doesn't mean a crime can't be caused by someone not in the victim's intimate circle.
Also, no way an investigation would be driven by statistics.

It will be driven by evidence.

JMO

I am curious of this last statement. Do all the video’s have that “courtesy of the morphew family”? I find it odd/interesting they would be behind the TD video. I get motion sick and can’t get through his videos. Thank you.
That would be Barry's side of the family, not Suzanne's. ^^^

Suzanne's family have been silent and I think LE have asked them not to divulge anything about the husband while they're building their case.
Which is wise; imo.

Many here seem to have a lot of faith in LE’s ability to suss out the guilty party within hours of being notified of SM’s disappearance. And when an arrest comes quickly, it’s pretty clear they were right. But exactly how long do you expect to wait after searches of the family home and the husband’s worksite (which were conducted weeks ago) for an arrest to happen? Have you ever seen a missing persons case where absolutely no guidance was given to the public regarding description of person, vehicle or clothing AND it’s taken this long to make an arrest? I can’t ever remember one. That’s an awful lot of certainty on the part of LE and, a month later, absolutely nothing to show for that certainty.
Jason Young killed his wife in 2006 and wasn't arrested until 2009. He happened to be out of town on business too (but had time to drive back and kill his wife - cell left at the hotel - drove back to make his meeting). Law enforcement knew he did it (he NEVER talked to anyone about it, not a peep) but it took time to build the case against him. First trial was a hung jury, second trial convicted of 1st degree murder, then on April Fool's Day (I kid you not) he was almost granted a 3rd trial. This case was the first I followed and I knew backwards and forward but nearly drove me crazy I was so obsessed with it. He also called Michelle's sister to find her beaten to death body - she was pregnant too. Heartbreaking story.

Just curious where are you seeing the posts numbered? You referenced #812 but my posts aren’t numbered. I have a bad feeling this is a dumb question but I don’t see numbers! Only times. Maybe I need to adjust some setting I’m not aware of. Thanks in advance!
It took me a moment to figure out. It's right next to the LIKE button.

I know they say "it's always the husband" but you can't assume that in every case. Case in point, a month and nothing. :(

BBM:

1) We don't know what evidence LE has collected.
There is no factual basis for claiming "a month and nothing."

2) Many, many husbands/wives have been arrested months, even years, after murdering their spouses.
The length of time an investigation takes has absolutely nothing to do with spousal guilt/innocence.

3) Claiming that "it's always the husband," is no more true than saying that "it's never the husband."
However, LE cannot and should not turn a blind eye to the statistical probabilities.
That doesn't mean they don't consider other possibilities, and follow up on leads that may point them in
another direction.

4) The belief that, "If I can't see anything going on, nothing must be happening," is a fallacy.
We can't see what LE's doing behind the scenes.
That doesn't mean they're not making progress.

JMO.

Last edited:
Not this body. This predates SM’s disappearance.
The problem is, we don't know when she disappeared.
The LE call for folks to save their cam recordings from May 8th on, doesn't mean necessarily that they were thinking SM would be alive and in those photos. They might have wanted to know if a cam had picked up someone moving a body, hiding evidence, not being where they should be. SM could have gone missing waaaay earlier: we just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia