Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too believe Indiana will be the site of more interesting turn of events.

Today I wanted to get out of my home office and persuaded my husband to take a little drive....we live very close to the Arcadia Morphew property. While we were turning onto the road that leads to the property, lo and behold a black truck with a man driving resembling BM, followed by a Jeep containing an officer in a badge, which appeared to be from the Hamilton County Sheriff's office, passed us. As both cars turned east toward Cicero, my gut wanted to follow but my brain didn't agree. Now I wish I had. We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has.

When viewing the Morphew property it is fenced into sections. You can't see the house, it is nestled in the woods. The gated entrance is black iron with a large "M" on it. It also has an intercom to announce entry, along with a keypad. I haven't researched which parcel is what so not sure if the farmer working the land next to the gated entrance might be connected. He didn't seem to mind our presence.

We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero. I only saw 20 black trucks during our tour through Cicero. Yes, they are popular in Indiana. I couldn't remember what kind of truck BM has. So "we" decided to go by BM mothers house in Noblesville to take a gander. No black truck. One more drive by to a certain business which was also gated, and the gate was open. We observed smoke coming from the property around the buildings and barns that are set back about a half a mile from the road. Not much, just enough to catch our attention. Then the gate started to close. Yes we were spotted.

So now as I came on to post, I see there was an Order granting temporary guardianship.... today...with a closing tomorrow on the property.

Is BM here? I think so. But this is all MOO of course.

(I tried to post some but said they were too large- probably against TOS to do so anyway)
Thanks for this.

I'm thinking the neighbour must have been given the keypad code when she went to check. Unless the gates were open.

a black truck with a man driving resembling BM, followed by a Jeep containing an officer in a badge, which appeared to be from the Hamilton County Sheriff's office, passed us. As both cars turned east toward Cicero, my gut wanted to follow but my brain didn't agree. Now I wish I had.
[....]
We took some photos of the property and went back through Cicero.
[....]
So "we" decided to go by BM mothers house in Noblesville to take a gander.
RSBM
If my mother were missing, as much as I would appreciate the help of strangers in trying to find her, I would be seriously freaked out by people following my dad around, taking pictures of our home to potentially post them online and even checking out my grandma's home. Even if they are doing it with the best intentions. MOO.

That may depend also, I am an Indiana resident with my Indiana drivers license, but I live in Lou,KY now I am unable to get any Ky state help (not that I need it) or vote in this State until my license is given to me by Ky, so if they left the vehicles registered in Indiana it would not be that big of a stretch to think there valid license may still be from Indiana.

I always thought once you move from your one state to another you have to update the address on your driving licence within a number of days. Does the rule differ in each state? Not only that, even if you change residence within the state you have to update your DL. MOO

I always thought once you move from your one state to another you have to update the address on your driving licence within a number of days. Does the rule differ in each state? Not only that, even if you change residence within the state you have to update your DL. MOO

This is from Indiana BMV:
When you become a resident of Indiana, you have 60 days to obtain an Indiana driver's license if you hold a valid driver's license from another state. You must also transfer the titles and registrations of any vehicles youown from your previous state to Indiana

So BM enjoys killing deers and moose etc - I wonder where would he dispose of the animal carcusses, would he bury them, throw them out at the tip or is there a special disposal location. Also do hunters dismember the body of their animal victim? I actually hate even thinking about an animal being murdered for sport :( Another thing that interested me is wondering what type of personality traits you would most likely have to assist you to be a good hunter, perhaps traits such as organised, methodical, careful, planning etc.
BBM. Patience would be useful.

Vehicles and Licenses
One of the most commonly required address changes relates to vehicle registrations and driver's licenses. This is an easily overlooked task, but every state requires you to update your address after any move, typically within thirty days.
https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/i...lly-have-to-change-my-address-and-where-34505

The last time I remember a husband who wanted to sell off the wifes vehicle and home was Scott Peterson

It's not quite the same thing. Peterson wanted to sell and attempted to do so after Laci was missing, not before, and not with Laci's permission.

<modsnip: No MSM to substantiate when contract was entered into> I assure you it takes at a minimum 30 days to complete a real estate transaction, *unless* someone is paying cash and asking to close escrow in less time. That's not typical. With Covid-19, if the buyer was financing through a mortgage broker it could have increased the amount of time to close. So, SM was on-board with selling this piece of property because she also entered into the buy contract.

You have a buyer who has a signed legal contract for a piece of property to close--a contract that was entered into legally & before one of the sellers went missing.

There are 2 choices:

- seller breaks the contract and could be sued by buyer

- the contract stays intact and the transaction is completed per the contract that was entered into *before* SM was ever missing.

I know the emotions attached to SM and her probable homicide. I'm not forgetting or disregarding any of that. It might be unseemly for BM to complete this transaction, but it is a valid contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not quite the same thing. Peterson wanted to sell and attempted to do so after Laci was missing, not before, and not with Laci's permission.

In this case a contract was entered into with a buyer for a property that both BM & SM jointly owned in Indiana, probably before SM disappeared, maybe weeks before. I assure you it takes at a minimum 30 days to complete a real estate transaction, *unless* someone is paying cash and asking to close escrow in less time. That's not typical. With Covid-19, if the buyer was financing through a mortgage broker it could have increased the amount of time to close. So, SM was on-board with selling this piece of property because she also entered into the buy contract.

You have a buyer who has a signed legal contract for a piece of property to close--a contract that was entered into legally & before one of the sellers went missing.

There are 2 choices:

- the contract stays intact and the transaction is completed per the contract that was entered into *before* SM was ever missing.

I know the emotions attached to SM and her probable homicide. I'm not forgetting or disregarding any of that. It might be unseemly for BM to complete this transaction, but it is a valid contract.
Did Ellen post this contract that was signed as you mention before she went missing? I’m playing catch up so if you have a link to the signed and dated contract before May 10 I’d like it for her media thread - thanks !

In this case a contract was entered into with a buyer for a property that both BM & SM jointly owned in Indiana, before SM disappeared, maybe weeks before. I assure you it takes at a minimum 30 days to complete a real estate transaction, *unless* someone is paying cash and asking to close escrow in less time. That's not typical. With Covid-19, if the buyer was financing through a mortgage broker it could have increased the amount of time to close. So, SM was on-board with selling this piece of property because she also entered into the buy contract.

There are 2 choices:

BBM
I suspect this is the main reason for proceeding. After all, even if she does come home alive these were her wishes prior to her disappearing and it is legally binding. There's really no reason not to proceed to close the escrow imo. It's just legal business.

BBM
I suspect this is the main reason for proceeding. After all, even if she does come home alive these were her wishes prior to her disappearing and it is legally binding. There's really no reason not to proceed to close the escrow imo. It's just legal business.

I agree. It's a business deal, it's a contract, and the buyer could sue if the contract was broken. Emotions are not part of contracts.

I agree. It's a business deal, it's a contract, and the buyer could sue if the contract was broken. Emotions are not part of contracts.
It might even be a big pia to BM to have to continue to deal with the closing of the escrow while all of this is going on. A lot of people will be contacting him thru this process and I'll bet concentration is difficult. Thank goodness for the direction of escrows following the signed purchase agreement by all parties.

It might even be a big pia to BM to have to continue to deal with the closing of the escrow while all of this is going on. A lot of people will be contacting him thru this process and I'll bet concentration is difficult. Thank goodness for the direction of escrows following the signed purchase agreement by all parties.
I'm sure there's an attorney assisting in the process; an attorney would be involved in making sure the property title is clear, etc, etc, just as part of a mortgage process (*if* the buyer is getting a mortgage).

Repost- Timeline
Just thought I would recap what we know - In processhttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/co-suzanne-morphew-49-chaffee-county-10-may-2020-media-maps-timeline-no-discussion.521590/
5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search
5/14 - husband comments -Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.
5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bik0e has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more items the previous day 5/14.
5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
In process - so far this is on the first two pages of the media thread. working on a timeline.
5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
5/23- CCSO no new updates
5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf
5/29 - SM hometown shows support
6/1 - Video released of BM (alleged secret recording) SEE IT: Husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew shares details of wife’s disappearance in secret recording, suggesting she may have been kidnapped [VIDEO]
@JerseyGirl can you put this in the beginning of her thread ?

I'm sure there's an attorney assisting in the process; an attorney would be involved in making sure the property title is clear, etc, etc, just as part of a mortgage process (*if* the buyer is getting a mortgage).
I'm a RE agent in CA. We don't use atty's for our escrows. We use escrow companies and title companies that are agreed to by both parties in the purchase and joint escrow instruction agreement and oversee the whole process, directing our clients. It's a lot of work for all parties involved. Closings can be brutal, depending on the circumstances.
I love RE tho. lol

Geez BM moving kinda fast don’t ya think. Poor guy he’s so broken up that after only a month he’s already summed it up she no longer alive and got SM already buried. He must know she’s not coming home. Instead of mourning his wife he’s getting all his finances in order. I think BM is the mountain lion he talks about. Another Scott Peterson. Hmmm I wonder how long it will be before he moves his Girlfriend in the Colorado house. This makes me think of Martin MacNeill who moved in Nanny GF Gypsy Willis after killing his wife. JMO MOO

As far as I understand, the guardianship only works if the person is still alive. Thus the emphasis on an abduction IMO. Yep, I think guardianship was the goal all along, and the abduction scenario was invented to further that goal.
That's a great image you've provided: that SM was killed by a metaphoric mountain lion, a "mountain lion" called BM. Sometimes people leak aspects of truth unintentionally.... a Freudian kind of thing.
But, now that I think about it, the "mountain lion" fiction would also cover for a very messy assault scene: an abduction would do it, but a predatory animal attack story would be even better from this aspect.
BM gave me the creeps from the get-go...scares the heck out of me.

I respectfully disagree. This is a legal contract that SM allegedly already signed prior to being reported missing. BM is legally obligated to fulfill the terms of the contract, regardless of SM's current situation. If SM was found deceased, BM is still legally obligated to fulfill the terms of the agreement. I am not an attorney so I cannot respond to your legal jargon but it is safe to assume that SM signed a contract (probably 30-60 says ago based on the average time to close escrow on a home). He did not just randomly decide to sell this home in the time since SM has been reported missing. Her rights have not been violated regarding the sale of this property if she already signed the Residential Purchase Contract. Whether or not the proceeds of the sale are released to BM, I don't know...and we will not either because we cannot see the wire instructions. BM has not been accused, arrested, convicted of any crime and he is entitled to receive (at a minimum) his share of the proceeds of the home that will be closing escrow. Now, if BM starts selling other properties co-owned by him and SM or owned solely by SM, that does seem a little suspicious, however not prohibited if he has indeed been granted guardianship. He is receiving very good legal advice IMO. All comments MOO
BM has applied for permanent guardianship.... It's right there in the court filing. Therefore, this isn't a temporary role to complete one transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member