Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-11 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-11 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).png
    203.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi everyone - I have been following along quietly, and have read everything except for the last few hours (I skipped ahead to ask this question.). So, this entire time I do not think I have heard this mentioned one way or another. Do we know who actually located and found the bike? I don’t feel it is safe to assume that LE found it. I think it may be possible that someone related to SM found it and alerted the LE search team. That could explain how TN and BM seem to know what condition it was in, where exactly it was located and how it was positioned. It could also explain some of the reticence if LE to talk about it much. Maybe I am off base and I missed something, but nothing I read convinced me either way about who actually found it. Any ideas, peeps?

Absolutely. After the Jennifer Dulos case, investigators may have been searching for discarded and/or destroyed evidence ranging from electronic equipment to documents to faux license plates to SM's personal property. Investigators may have located similar evidence on the property that warranted them digging deeper. MOO

If the bike is staged, the perp would have to get rid of her biking gear—shoes, water bottle, helmet....

Speaking of fliers, according to what BM told Ty, the you tube guy, he had his own team of searchers looking for his wife. I wonder why he and his team didn't put up fliers? Did BM think that putting up fliers would go against the LE request not to communicate about the case? Weird.

Witnesses. Fallibility of Memory & Specific Dates?
Some ppl posted about memories of tipsters or potential witnesses fading over the course of time, even a month, a point I do not dispute. I also understand fallibiities of eyewitness testimony generally. Agreeing, it's

possible some ppl would not remember on which date they saw SM. OTOH, some might recall after watching a streamed church service they saw SM on MoDay, or Sat. at store buying a MoDay gift, or Fri. the day they broke a tooth & went to dentist, or had a flat tire, etc. Just possible.

A extreme example I recall reading yrs ago (can't remember names): LE re-canvassing murder victim's neighborhhod found a man (they had not originally talked w) several yrs later, who said he recalled seeing a specific type of car driving down the block where he & victim lived. It matched car that def drove at the time. At trial, prosecutor put Wit on stand to testify about this.
Then Def Atty cross-examined Wit (my paraphrasing --->).
Atty C/E: After four yrs, you recall all these details, make, model, body style, color of car of driving by?
(^ Atty violated basic trial principal, by asking question to which he did not already know answer.)

Wit A: Yes, because I had been car shopping for station wagon just like it, couldn't find that same color I wanted, but bought a green one instead about a month later.
Undaunted, atty continues cross exam (;):rolleyes:begging to be hoist on his own petard?:oops::eek: <--- okay, snark).
Def. Atty C/E: And you also recall it was that specific Saturday Aug 9, when you were outside mowing your front yard cutting grass, when you saw this car driving by?
Wit A: Yes.
Def. Atty C/E: It happened that yr, and could not have been another year, say five yrs, or three yrs ago?
Wit A: No, it was four yrs ago.
Def. Atty C/E: Could it have been a different Saturday, say Aug. 2nd or August 16?
Wit A: No, it was 1997.
Def. Atty: Now, even four yrs later, you are very sure of that date?
Wit A: Yes, my wife was fussing at me to finish mowing and clean up, get dressed for our 25th wedding annniversary party which was going to start in an hour.
This ex ^ of a witness's ablilty to recall such specific detail & tying it to a particular relevant event was quite extraordinary, imo. {ETA: we may not see a repeat for a couple decades.}

TL;DR. Ppl remember certain facts & events for various, unpredictable reasons.Sometimes helping the state, like ^ case, sometimes helping the defendant. I hope by recanvassing in Chaffee County, LE can find credible witnesses w info helpful to the investigation.

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I have been following along quietly, and have read everything except for the last few hours (I skipped ahead to ask this question.). So, this entire time I do not think I have heard this mentioned one way or another. Do we know who actually located and found the bike? I don’t feel it is safe to assume that LE found it. I think it may be possible that someone related to SM found it and alerted the LE search team. That could explain how TN and BM seem to know what condition it was in, where exactly it was located and how it was positioned. It could also explain some of the reticence if LE to talk about it much. Maybe I am off base and I missed something, but nothing I read convinced me either way about who actually found it. Any ideas, peeps?
This information has not been released. We have all wondered the same thing.

He was there, per the property owner. If there was a lot of other evidence indicating a reasonable suspicion of foul play, they’d probably have enough grounds to search his house, where he worked, etc.

He was? When? I’ve seen nothing in an approved source saying anything other than that the property owner met him three weeks before Suzanne disappeared. What is your source for saying he was there? At any time ever.

Any part of his story that doesn’t have the ring of truth, sounds rehearsed, or doesn’t match the timeline of events would be a red flag.

MOO JMO
Agreed.
One could add "Absurd" to that list.....
Referring to that spontaneous interview with TD, where BM mentioned the bike wheel and a mountain lion in the same interview.
"...Let me tell you what happened..."

As well as the possible abductor in his infomercial.
Make up your mind.
Imo.

He was? When? I’ve seen nothing in an approved source saying anything other than that the property owner met him three weeks before Suzanne disappeared. What is your source for saying he was there? At any time ever.
SALIDA, Colo. (CBS4) — A residential construction site is now the focus of the search for Suzanne Morphew, a Colorado woman who was reported missing from her Chaffee County home on Mother’s Day. The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida.

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

At this time, it does appear that nothing from the search is associated with Suzanne's case at this time. IME, judges vary on how well the underground imaging has to show the sought after object. A body sized deformity is difficult to define, and the radar isn't all that specific. IOW, a natural deformity is often mistaken for a body sized deformity. But I've still seen judges be convinced pretty quickly. They often decide in context. At least, where I am.

I did wonder if it was something like a weapon, not yet associated with this particular case. They did put up a tent, so we didn't get to see all that they were doing.
I appreciate your specifics on GP limitations. Don't mean to be a skeptic but GP radar is just one tool of many and many things can interfere with it. I am led to believe it can assist but not do the job completely. So I also would like to ask you, what if there were smaller bone fragments or ashes mixed in? That wouldn't be detected I am assuming. You would use a cadaver dog for that?

LE has not mentioned the bike ever! That's all attributed to a Barry comment and nephew Trevor ( who could have/most likely got his info from Barry)

^^SBM

Absolute nonsense indeed but I think BM probably thought it was a great distraction to pivot to when he seemingly caught himself sharing more about a subject that he allegedly had no or limited knowledge of.

I've said before that BM seems very proud of that '10 persons touched the bike' allegation (and destroyed evidence). I'm glad that BM came by that nugget but I'm really happy that he likes to use it! Just can't help himself...

MOO
If there is ever a trial, you can bet on Sheriff Spezze being asked by a defence attorney to clarify, “How many people touched the bike?”

Speaking of fliers, according to what BM told Ty, the you tube guy, he had his own team of searchers looking for his wife. I wonder why he and his team didn't put up fliers? Did BM think that putting up fliers would go against the LE request not to communicate about the case? Weird.

I believe the large banners (Walmart, restaurants, etc.) and flyers taped on light posts around town that have the reward info were posted by team BM. I think we've seen these on MSM.

The distinct difference between the posters currently being distributed by LE (seen below) and team BM is that the reward info is excluded.

[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
[/URL]
Folks in Salida, CO are telling me that deputies are handing out these flyers at grocery stores asking people for information on #SuzanneMorphew Note there is no reward listed on this flyer. #FindSuzanne

5:46 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I believe the large banners (Walmart, restaurants, etc.) and flyers taped on light posts around town that have the reward info were posted by team BM. I think we've seen these on MSM.

The distinct difference between the posters currently being distributed by LE (seen below) and team BM is that the reward info is excluded.

[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
[/URL]
Folks in Salida, CO are telling me that deputies are handing out these flyers at grocery stores asking people for information on #SuzanneMorphew Note there is no reward listed on this flyer. #FindSuzanne

5:46 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I like how they request "any information concerning the disappearance". Not just"have you seen" this woman.

Height, maybe. Skeletal remains are of a 6 footer, she was 5 feet. Hair color. Age.
Hey just catching back up...are you using 6 ft as an example or are the skeletal remains of that body actually 6 ft?? If so where did you read that? I think you are just answering my question of how they can determine or r/o identity. And thank you those are all good ideas I never thought of...especially hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia