Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of that actually sounds even less realistic, considering so many things were on lock down at the time. I haven't even looked, but on Mother's Day weekend in Denver, was landscaping considered an essential business and allowed to be in operation? Where I am, nearly all business like that stopped, unless it was emergency repair sort of work. And were hotels/motels even open Mother's day weekend to put the crew up Sunday night? I'm just not buying the "landscaping in Denver" story. The whole thing just seems way too convenient.
COVID-19 Information

The info may be here -
JMO

In response to a few recent comments, pay particular attention to my second point below:

1) Landscaping and construction work along the Front Range of Colorado (including Denver) was considered essential during the time of SM disappearance. There was no stoppage of projects involved around construction, landscaping, roofing, etc.

2) There is so much demand for construction and related work in the Arkansas Valley (Salida to Buena Vista) including landscaping of the nature that BLM does that there would be no need to take a job 140 miles away in Denver. An organization I know near Salida with a building project cannot get it scheduled for about six months due to the high demand for both skilled workers including projects of the earth moving kind along with tradesmen. Could there be a need to take a project 140 miles away - sure? Was it necessary - highly doubtful. A landscaping contractor based in the Arkansas Valley is sitting in the catbird seat as most developers from the area are having to look for contractors from outside the valley to complete projects.

Last edited:
Respectfully snipped for focus in the response.
A man's gotta eat?
Even if your house is all paid for, you've still got to come up with $$ for utilities, auto, college tuition, taxes, food, medical bills, insurance, home repairs. If you haven't reached Social Security age—and even after that for many many people—you have to work. It doesn't matter whether you enjoy the job or not: you've still got to pay the bills. IME
You are absolutely correct. In our case we have both...we are old, LOL
We actually have enough invested to pay off our mtg, but interest so low, makes sense to use mtg co money... have an enterprising nephew, he manages properties he bought as a realtor, I don’t think he makes quite as much as our niece, the cardiologist, but he seems to have made it very profitable. I agree w/ your thoughts, I just can’t remember the process, seems like we may have thought this indicated financial issues.
I hope they indicate the direction this is going and make it clear if he is still major focus...i begin to think LE wasn’t focused at all on BM after the concrete rip up!

Wow, And even tho BM never said it we stick that up on the guilty column. That is a bit scary.
All of that actually sounds even less realistic, considering so many things were on lock down at the time. I haven't even looked, but on Mother's Day weekend in Denver, was landscaping considered an essential business and allowed to be in operation? Where I am, nearly all business like that stopped, unless it was emergency repair sort of work. And were hotels/motels even open Mother's day weekend to put the crew up Sunday night? I'm just not buying the "landscaping in Denver" story. The whole thing just seems way too convenient.
I live in Denver and, as I recall, landscaping and mowing were considered to be essential jobs during the stay at home order.

In response to a few recent comments, pay particular attention to my second point below:

1) Landscaping and construction work along the Front Range of Colorado (including Denver) was considered essential during the time of SM disappearance. There was no stoppage of projects involved around construction, landscaping, roofing, etc.

2) There is so much demand for construction and related work in the Arkansas Valley (Salida to Buena Vista) including landscaping of the nature that BLM does that there would be no need to take a job 140 miles away in Denver. An organization I know near Salida with a building project cannot get it scheduled for about six months due to the high demand for both skilled workers including projects of the earth moving kind along with tradesmen. Could there be a need to take a project 140 miles away - sure? Was it necessary - highly doubtful.
Maybe it paid really well. Maybe it was contracted months ago but just then having all the money and permits in order. I could think of a myriad of reasons. idk. We don't turn jobs down because of distance from our headquarters. We keep our relationships and reputation up. We always have out of town jobs.
To me, this is just running a contracting business.
Now, could BM have taken advantage of this? Absolutely.

Missing Mom: Suzanne Morphew Disappeared 4 Weeks Ago
snipped
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) — It has now been four weeks since Suzanne Morphew was last seen. Morphew reportedly went for a bike ride near her home outside of Salida on Mother’s Day and never came home.
suzanne-morphew-1.jpg

snipped
---
When was the last missing persons case where we had no updates from LE for two weeks? anyone???
---
Terrific hearing from the local sleuthers about Denver.. and our business owners who add insight to the Sunday she went missing.
JMO

2) There is so much demand for construction and related work in the Arkansas Valley (Salida to Buena Vista) including landscaping of the nature that BLM does that there would be no need to take a job 140 miles away in Denver. An organization I know near Salida with a building project cannot get it scheduled for about six months due to the high demand for both skilled workers including projects of the earth moving kind along with tradesmen. Could there be a need to take a project 140 miles away - sure? Was it necessary - highly doubtful.
I would have to consider some additional factors, certainly whether BMs company could handle the local jobs, maybe his crews didn’t have the skills required, I am not being difficult, we can only speculate. Would be nice to know more about Denver job vs local.

Re: BMs trip to Denver. IMO, I think there are only a few possibilities on this:
  • BM is telling the truth about the reason (per what he told Ty) and the timing (which we can infer from that conversation, but don't really know - but certainly he's told LE exactly when he left for Denver). Per Dave's earlier post, it certainly seems that LE could fairly easily verify the timing from data from BM's truck, witnesses, etc. The reason would also be easy enough to check out.
  • BM is telling the truth about the timing of his trip to Denver, but is not being completely forthcoming about the reason (ie, there were additional reasons for the trip). It seems that LE would look for gaps of time that are unexplained, discrepancies between the data/witnesses and BMs statements, etc. I doubt we'd be privy to any of what LE might discover related to this, but given the number of cameras in Denver, witnesses in Denver, data from the truck, cell phone data, cameras along the route in Denver, etc. - if this were the case, I'd expect that LE would have a pretty good idea of what those unexplained gaps are...
  • BM is telling the truth about the timing of the trip, but his reason is a complete lie. This seems like an easy enough thing for LE to check out and confirm.
  • BM is lying about the timing of the trip to Denver. If this is the case, it seems that it would be very easy for LE to catch BM in a lie of this magnitude.
  • BM never went to Denver at all. Again, it seems like LE would easily be able to prove this.
If it's any of the latter three, then BM isn't very smart, is likely caught in the middle of a really big lie, which then would lead to all kinds of questions why he is lying (and doesn't look good for BM). I think it's far more likely that it's one of the top two possibilities - that the trip is confirmed as what BM says it is, or that the trip and timing is confirmed, but possibly there was a secondary reason for the trip (ie, unexplained gaps). Even with all of that, what we don't know is if the trip is actually an alibi or not, given we don't know when SM was last seen. JMO, MOO.

Respectfully snipped for focus in the response.
A man's gotta eat?
Even if your house is all paid for, you've still got to come up with $$ for utilities, auto, college tuition, taxes, food, medical bills, insurance, home repairs. If you haven't reached Social Security age—and even after that for many many people—you have to work. It doesn't matter whether you enjoy the job or not: you've still got to pay the bills. IME

Right.

And I keep hearing it floated here that the house was paid off in its entirety, i.e., no debt, no mortgage.

Where is that info that the CO home was owned free and clear coming from, does anyone know?

Can someone link the documentation proving that to be the case, or is it just a rumor?

I'm genuinely curious.

I would have to consider some additional factors, certainly whether BMs company could handle the local jobs, maybe his crews didn’t have the skills required, I am not being difficult, we can only speculate. Would be nice to know more about Denver job vs local.
I would like to know more about his business. He is obviously successful (It appears).
I expect he would have much of his own equipment. Does he only contract residential contracts or does he do commercial projects too? I would think commercial is where the money is at? How large a project can he handle? How many projects can he handle at the same time?

WEll if that is where the "last heard from May 9th" has been coming from all along, it's dead wrong.
It's already been established that "blessed" pic was actually posted in 2019, not 2020.
Wait do you mean her last post was actually a year ago? I’m confused about this photo now. Or was it an old photo but posted on 5/9/20?

Wait do you mean her last post was actually a year ago? I’m confused about this photo now. Or was it an old photo but posted on 5/9/20?
It was an old photo, and the DM got the day right, but the year wrong.
So really, we have NO IDEA when anyone last heard from SM, and so far, LE has not released that info.

Right.

And I keep hearing it floated here that the house was paid off in its entirety, i.e., no debt, no mortgage.

Where is that info that the CO home was owned free and clear coming from, does anyone know?

Can someone link the documentation proving that to be the case, or is it just a rumor?

I'm genuinely curious.
way back in the first thread we spent days pouring over the public records in IN and CO. The deed is recorded in Chaffee County to the CO property - IIRC it is to both of them. There is not a corresponding mortgage however (we learned in Kelsey's case that her condo deed had a mortgage to an LLC which we traced back to her parents from public records). I will see if I can locate the links.
ETA: qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
We could not find a mortgage recorded but it could have been handled privately and the "loan" did not require the security of the property to be public record?
JMO

Last edited:

2) There is so much demand for construction and related work in the Arkansas Valley (Salida to Buena Vista) including landscaping of the nature that BLM does that there would be no need to take a job 140 miles away in Denver. An organization I know near Salida with a building project cannot get it scheduled for about six months due to the high demand for both skilled workers including projects of the earth moving kind along with tradesmen. Could there be a need to take a project 140 miles away - sure? Was it necessary - highly doubtful. A landscaping contractor based in the Arkansas Valley is sitting in the catbird seat as most developers from the area are having to look for contractors from outside the valley to complete projects.

THIS.

After living in a tiny yet booming town (Moab) similar to Salida, we had to pull IN contractors 1.5 hours away from the nearest metro area (Grand Junction). Our little town’s contractors did not go OUT to metro Grand Junction.

I now live back in the Denver metro area and would never think of hiring someone from Salida to do work.

This just stinks.

Last edited:
I would like to know more about his business. He is obviously successful (It appears).
I expect he would have much of his own equipment. Does he only contract residential contracts or does he do commercial projects too? I would think commercial is where the money is at? How large a project can he handle? How many projects can he handle at the same time?

I'd like to know more about that myself, but I've hit a blank wall.
His business(es) in IN have been mentioned in MSM, but as far as I know, whatever business he's in in CO has not been actually named, in MSM, so we can't discuss it on the public forum, as per TOS.

Good morning everyone. Was away yesterday but checked in when I could to see if any new developments. Does anyone know what time the press conference is today? I didn’t see anything on the CCSO website. I am hopeful this is something! After CD was arrested yesterday I started reading up on that case this morning and boy is that a crazy one. Now I’ll never get anything done...WebSleuthing (a verb) all day! Lol :D Fingers crossed and prayers said for SM and her daughters that BM’s house of cards is about to collapse! And please let us all get along and be tolerant and patient with one another. We are all different in our beliefs, personalities, education & backgrounds, life experiences, etc. but we all want the same thing here...Suzanne to be a miraculous exception and be found alive - or for her remains to be located and justice to be served as soon as possible but not until LE has what they need to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. We all want LE to have enough evidence that everyone is in agreement here. Some of the posts and exchanges I just read have made me feel hesitant to post. I am not a fence sitter at all and have shared my feelings and want to be able to continue to do so without feeling like a bad person. It’s not as satisfying to just read and follow without participating. But I respect everyone else’s beliefs and right to their own opinion. That’s what is awesome about WS...we can share, fill in the blanks for each other and provide information to support our opinions without bullying and piling on. I know if I am wrong in the end that I will apologize all day for thinking BM is guilty and if those that think he is innocent are wrong I’m sure they would feel the same. And anyone still on the fence will jump to a side when the time is right for them and while I can’t see it or don’t get it based on what we know so far - I will respect it. And if anyone on here does know BM I think it’s only fair to share that information with everyone but again that’s just MOO ;)
Great post!

Was there even a landscaping job? I am wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't the client hire a landscaper locally, from Denver?

Wouldn't that be more cost effective for everyone involved? Would BM be bringing in heavy equipment? Big fuel expense lugging trailer full of equipment hours to and from.

And putting up the crew in a motel, buying all their meals out? It doesn't make sense when there are hundreds of landscapers already in town. JMO
A family member of mine owns a business a couple of hours from Denver. He takes jobs all over the Denver area as well as other cities within a four or five hour drive.

He has established relationships with clients who have homes and/or businesses in multiple locations, and has also received referrals from very satisfied homeowners and business owners.

Yes, his employees spend nights in hotels and eat in restaurants, plus receive mileage reimbursement. Just part of the cost of doing business. People who have received excellent recommendations or have had previous work from his business are more than willing to pay a little higher price.

So I don’t find it unusual at all that he would have work in Denver. I am not saying he did, but it would not be unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet