Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Sorry, this took longer than expected.

LINKS !! If you state something as fact, you MUST provide links.

Please note that sleuthing family social media is not allowed. This includes BM.

Posts that are considered directly accusatory against BM are not allowed.

There is nothing in MSM to substantiate speculation about a history of domestic violence. Discussing it as if it is a given is not allowed as it is accusatory against a person who has not officially be named a POI/suspect.

Thread is open again.

Admin Notes of May 20, May 24, May 29th have ALL stated that the whereabouts of the daughters is off limits.

Next member who enquires about their whereabouts will receive a 1 week Time Out from Websleuths.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed due to badgering/bullying another member and/or snide, snarky comments and insinuations. This is the second time this has happened in this discussion. It seems our Warnings last time were either forgotten or ignored.

Tag-teaming or bullying another member is absolutely not tolerated by Websleuths and is subject to an automatic time out or permanent ban from Websleuths. Zero tolerance from this post forward. You will either be removed from this thread or permanently banned from Websleuths.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Websleuths is primarily pro-LE unless there is reason not to be. They aren't obliged to tell the public anything about their investigation just to satisfy curiosity. Members have no idea what LE is doing or has done behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

The evidence will lead. Just because that evidence hasn't got this wrapped up to the public's satisfaction in 1 month does not mean they don't know what they are doing.

Local, state and federal agencies are involved. To criticize, speculate or insinuate that any of them have not conducted a case properly just because we don't know every single detail is not appropriate when there are simply no specifics in MSM to substantiate such allegations.

Some posts have been removed. Please move on from any speculation that LE doesn't know what they are doing.

Thank you.

Posts discussing a random video have been removed.

While random blogs or videos can be interesting, WS limits what we rely on as fact. We have no idea who all these various youtubers or bloggers are and no way of vetting them, therefore no way of knowing their sources.

We have had instances in the past where non-factual information has been presented by random sources, even down to Missing Persons pages who have stated a child was found when the child was in fact deceased. We know of other youtube videos where misinformation has been put out. There is a reason we don't allow just any old source.

Stick to MSM, LE and approved WS sources. If you don't know whether or not a source is approved, please ask before posting so we don't have page after page to go through to locate and remove the various responses.

Thanks.

Crimeonline has indicated BM is an "avid hunter, a claim that is supported by photos on Morphew's social media accounts."

Members may discuss him being a hunter but sleuthing his social media and discussing details from it is still off limits here.

I can understand dates being relevant to a timeline if we knew something was found there, but it is my understanding that nothing was found in relation to Suzanne's disappearance.

Colorado mom's disappearance on Mother's Day still a mystery

The sheriff's office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Morphew's case. They also did not release details about the search.

Posts have been removed.

The homeowner(s) are not sleuthable under TOS and therefore not up for discussion. Move past that discussion on the thread please.

As always, members may discuss via private conversation where up to 20 members may be added to the private discussion.

"Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything."

Cops search a property in Colorado for evidence of mom-of-two missing since Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online

Yes, I saw that. That shows that Barry was in Salida, but says nothing about the location of the rest of the family. They did not close on the house until November. Perhaps the previous owner let them stay there until closing; perhaps the whole family moved in the middle of a school semester; perhaps Suzanne and kids don't arrive until December.

The Christmas photo is the best evidence, and that's December 2018.

So, it's possible Barry was with that oft-mentioned friend who lives/rents an AirBnB a couple of houses down. Perhaps not. Perhaps Barry joined while searching for the house. Perhaps the whole family camped in the campground. More likely the previous owners let them live there.

Or, as some property sleuthers have said, they may have already owned it anyway and sold it to themselves.

We certainly do not know. But there's absolutely no evidence on SM to indicate that Suzanne moved to Salida before December. But Barry was a volunteer fireman starting in August (but that's according to his SM and this may get deleted by mods - as we aren't to sleuth his SM).
From my own experience, we lived apart in two states twice. The first time my husband got a new job while I stayed and finished my degree. The second time we bought our house before selling our other house.

All good questions.

To the bolded (BBM), maybe a keypad? The family relayed the code? But the neighbor easily could’ve had a key.
I listened to TD interview. Per BM, The girls could not get ahold of Mom, they called a neighbor who checked out the place. The neighbor called BM and said she was worried. BM said he was to and asked her to call the police.

<Admin note: DWAP corrected to "TD interview">

Last edited by a moderator:
This bothers me also because it was Mother’s Day. He says he went to Denver because the girls were coming home to spend the day with her, but when did he find out they were going to be so late that they’d miss it entirely? When he realized that SM was alone on Mother’s Day, he didn’t try to call her?

Bothers me. Feels unlikely to be true. But the truth, when revealed, may explain these things.

MOO

My husband gets quite stressed out on Mother's Day. For some reason, he resents this, partly because of the commercial aspect, but also emotionally.

Its strange, he does love Father's Day and it has become a bit of a family joke...the kids and I tend to ignore him.

We don't know anything about the Morphew household, but just the fact that 2 daughters were coming back home and maybe the father too. Irrespective of whether they were going to celebrate MD or not, it is not unreasonable that Suzanne would have prepared a meal or have ordered a takeaway/delivery for their return.

Also, would there have been a delivery of flowers, for example, for Suzanne home alone, if all 3 were unlikely to make it on time?

As others have posted, LE must have found indicators and details of home occupancy early on in their investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj