Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to know how accurately that cell phones and GPS can pinpoint someone's location. To within a six meter radius. Here are screengrabs from the court documents for a current case in the news. I redacted info, but I'm pretty sure y'all will know anyway thanks to so much publicity. I'll also post a link to the entire document for those who are curious beyond screenshot of just a few incomplete paragraphs. https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Affidavit of Probable Cause.pdf
View attachment 254035

View attachment 254034

edited: lol, doesn't matter how often I proofread my own words...
Plus, there’s two kinds of geolocation: gps and agps. I didn’t know this.

How does GPS work on my phone?

BBM:

Well, it ain't me, that's for sure.

I never post to SM sites, on account of I refuse to dumb it down for those audiences.

Do me a favor, though:
If you ever see a post that's quoting me verbatim on some FB page, let me know.
So I can sue them for plagiarism, or something.

TIA!
You got it, @GordianKnot. :D

I really don't see any type of roadblock or intentional strategy shown in this video by Channel 9.

The video is dated May 22, twelve days after SM reported missing, and I believe the date law enforcement confirmed they had a search warrant for the residence.

I see two vehicles head to tail the way one parks when having a conversation driver to driver. (I've come to learn this way of communicating during COVID19 where we don't get out of our cars and maintain social distancing). We don't even know who the vehicles belong to formulate who/what they represent. My bet is they are LE. JMO
That's exactly what it was. I took a few screenshots and yes, you can see a driver in the one vehicle, window down.

Folks tend to have distinct writing styles, and tend to use the same words again & again.
Sure, folks can copy/paste all day long but when you see someone on another platform saying the exact same thing (in posts & comments & responses), and in the exact same way that a member here is saying, it's really hard to miss.
I've been here a long time and I've seen it time and time again.
I usually don't even mention it, unless it's someone causing trouble.
Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.
:)

jmo
I am active on SM and visit pages on both FB and Twitter reading both speculation, rumors and some of the chaotic interactions. WS is far more respectful and professional. I am not ashamed that I scour for information on this perplexing case.. However, I display my actual name there and initials here. It’s more of a morbid curiosity there.

I skip pages here and there, so I apologize if someone already thought of this. I was wondering if LE possibly found that the garage door was connected to their WiFi.
Mine is and I caught my teenage daughter sneaking out. She thought she was smart by deleting my notifications but I looked in the log. Busted!
Hoping they may have a similar device so they could see anything unusual. Such as the garage door not opening for an alleged bike ride.
MOO

I skip pages here and there, so I apologize if someone already thought of this. I was wondering if LE possibly found that the garage door was connected to their WiFi.
Mine is and I caught my teenage daughter sneaking out. She thought she was smart by deleting my notifications but I looked in the log. Busted!
Hoping they may have a similar device so they could see anything unusual. Such as the garage door not opening for an alleged bike ride.
MOO
I do think technology is going to factor in big here. In addition to the possible garage door opener data, the alarm system may factor in.

If the home does have an alarm system, the motion detectors logs can be very revealing, as we saw in the Stauch and Watts cases.

Was there no movement when there should have been?

Was there movement when there shouldn’t have been?

Was one person moving around, or was it two (activity in different locations simultaneously)?

Does this data support a bike ride?

Does this data support an alibi?

I do think technology is going to factor in big here. In addition to the possible garage door opener data, the alarm system may factor in.

If the home does have an alarm system, the motion detectors logs can be very revealing, as we saw in the Stauch and Watts cases.

Was there no movement when there should have been?

Was there movement when there shouldn’t have been?

Was one person moving around, or was it two (activity in different locations simultaneously)?

Does this data support a bike ride?

Does this data support an alibi?
Looking forward to those answers and more. I’ll expect your full report by end of business on Monday. Thanks in advance!

What if... and this is entirely speculation, but what if, she really didn't have any lifelong friends that stayed in touch with her?
Or, just not even any newer friends that really knew her well, and knew her life situation?
I mean, almost always, part of the dynamic of a relationship where one partner is "controlling", the other partner tends to concede to that in many ways.
One of them, not forming any close relationships with other people.
It's easier to live like that, and not "rock the boat", than to go against what the partner is comfortable with.
There was an article that had a quote from one of SM's family members that alluded to BM being controlling, and there was another quote (maybe the same article?) from another person "in the know" that mentioned something about SM not being entirely on board with the move to CO [that's entirely paraphrased because I've forgotten what it actually said, but it was clear SM was not 100% for moving].

Again, purely speculation on what day to day life was like for SM.
But maybe this is why no one is really shouting from the rooftops that she be found?
That made me so sad to even type that, but I think it's a real possibility.

I don't think we need to have any fear of SM not having a group of longtime friends that she kept in contact with. I made a MSM media post very early about a group of SM's HS friends that were the first to start the yellow and teal-colored ribbons around her hometown that was recently copied in Salida by women unknown to SM.

I also recall that the woman that caused a melt down on social media and WS for erroneously claiming SM was killed in her basement and an arrest made -- she also cited attending a candlelight vigil with a large group of SM's HS friends shortly after she was first reported missing. Reportedly, both SM & BM never missed their class reunions and were thought of as the golden couple.

WS Posts Being Repeated Elsewhere on SocMedia?
Folks tend to have distinct writing styles, and tend to use the same words again & again. Sure, folks can copy/paste all day long but when you see someone on another platform saying the exact same thing (in posts & comments & responses), and in the exact same way that a member here is saying, it's really hard to miss...:) jmo
@Ontario Mom. sbm Yes,^ true. But FWIW I also suspect from time to time, someone may 'borrow' a particularly articulate & enlightening WS post* and copy/paste it to another forum, or MSM comments section, etc. My point: a report made elsewhere may or may not be posted by the original OP here. What it's worth? just my 2 cents.:cool:

* And there are many great posts here on WS.

Last edited:
I believe LE had the thought of a bike from the missing report filed by a neighbor, and not from evidence located around the trail which could have also been planted. Unless proven otherwise, LE had an obligation to follow up on the report that was given. I think the question remains why did the neighbor contact LE unless she had first-hand knowledge of the bike ride from SM, and that she was indeed past due returning home. MOO[/QUOTE
BBM:

Helmet is likely. It's colorful, and would be relatively conspicuous.

Phone would be absolute gold for LE.

I hope it was her phone they found, because in a staged abduction scenario, planting the phone would be a huge error by the perp.

JMO.

Police discover 'personal item' in the search for missing Colorado mom-of-two | Daily Mail Online

It is somewhat interesting that the item found was 500 meters from SM home, less than 1/3 mile away from the house. IMO If the item found does not match up with the location of the bike, some one messed up on staging the evidence. It is very unlikely that an abductor would back track to stage an item. The lion theory has already been rejected by LE. LE called in another agency immediately after the item was found per BM in the TD interview, and they did not share the item found with BM. We have google map experts on this forum who may be able to determine how far away the bike was found from the house.

Last edited:
I tend to have simple thoughts of Good Guys and Bad Guys. :D

As a rule of thumb, I'd agree. They are the thin blue line that separates civilization from chaos. In my professional experience over 18 years as a prosecutor & defense attorney, I've really only encountered 3 police officers who I'd classify as nasty human beings; I've been blessed to get to know hundreds of others who serve their communities with honor and bravery.

One thing that cop TV shows get incorrect is the "negative" relationship between officers and defense attorneys. First, a good chunk of us defense attorneys used to be prosecutors, so we often have known certain officers for years and have even had trials where they were our witnesses; that shared experience builds trust. Second, the good officers know that we're just doing our job and that there is no personal animus when we cross-examine them. Finally -- and I think officers know this because of their involvement in the court system -- officers know that if they were ever disciplined, charged, served with a divorce petition, or sued, they would want counsel to fight for them and land hard blows in court.

Police discover 'personal item' in the search for missing Colorado mom-of-two | Daily Mail Online

On Thursday Police discovered a "personal item" on a remote trail 500M (1/3 mile) from her home. They did not disclose what this item was. The bike was found in a different location. So many thoughts come to mind.
A dive team was called in to search a body of water near her home. Is there a fast flowing river near the trail?
Are there caves near the trail, perhaps one big enough to serve it purpose?
Who did the personal item belong to? Did BM drop an item? MOO
How long after the item was found was the house searched? IMO

Last edited:
This is my post
Please ignore / delete this post. There are factual errors in it.

It is somewhat interesting that the item found was 500 meters from SM home, less than 1/3 mile away from the house. IMO If the item found does not match up with the location of the bike, some one messed up on staging the evidence. It is very unlikely that an abductor would back track to stage an item. The lion theory has already been rejected by LE. LE called in another agency immediately after the item was found per BM in the TD interview, and they did not share the item found with BM. We have google map experts on this forum who may be able to determine how far away the bike was found from the house.

This is my post. Please ignore delete this post. There are factual errors in it.

This is my post. Please ignore or delete due to factual errors.

BBM:

Helmet is likely. It's colorful, and would be relatively conspicuous.

Phone would be absolute gold for LE.

I hope it was her phone they found, because in a staged abduction scenario, planting the phone would be a huge error by the perp.

JMO.
I agree. In a real abduction, I find it hard to think an abductor would take the time to remove her helmet at that point, so my concern would also be on that area in case a struggle happened there first. BM was confident that whatever happened it was where the bike was found. So assuming the item(s) were tossed after the bike was ditched, I am curious why the 200 mile radius search was west of the bike, when the item(s) were (according to BM in the video) found east of the bike. I personally would be just as sure that she, or more items, were not 200 miles east, as I was west of the bike. Thats just me, and of course, my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano