Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reason why the cell phone would have been disposed of, in any scenario. SM rode her bike in an area where there is NO cellular coverage. Carrying a phone would have been extra useless weight.
IF her cell phone is missing, that would tend to be a suspicious clue.

While on the subject of cell phones, there are ONLY two towers that have any coverage on the eastern slope of Monarch Pass. While some seemingly knowledgeable commentators in past Colorado cases have touted that cell phone tracking is infallible..........it is not when there are less than three "pinged" towers. The tower only records the line of sight distance to where the phone is located, at the time of the ping. That becomes an arc of a circle with the center of the circle being the tower, the arc being at the consistent distance from the tower, and the length of the arc being limited by the practical width of the cell. Unless two towers are equal distance from the phone within half of 35 ft, there are going to be two places where two arcs intersect. which could be a very small distance between, or as much as 33-34 miles apart in open country. However, when a third tower is pinged, there is only going to be one place where the three arcs intersect, if the phone is not moving within the coverage. I'm sure all of this is clear as mud to many people, but in practical example, the entire path of KK with Kelsey Berreth's phone and her own, driving more than thirty miles of Interstate highway, taking the turnoff to a deep canyon, taking a little used side road and parking while she tossed personal items into the canyon was traceable by LE; but when PF LE theorized that was driving with that same victim's phone two days earlier, and KK was with him, the three phones could have been together of could have been 30 miles apart. For LE, it only made sense when combined with other evidence to make one of the two locations a logical match to witness testimony, and thus eliminate the other. One Monarch Pass, however, there is only one main road and very narrow cell coverage from the Verizon tower which is in a parallel line to the general path of that road up the east slope. The distance from the tower to the phone is going to fall on the road, which would retain an accuracy circle of 5 meters, or about the width of the two traffic lanes. Bottom line: LE surely has been able to track the movements of SM's phone to and from her home in an automobile for the previous week, but not on her bicycle or on foot. LE would not be able to determine of her phone was "staged" within 2000 feet of her house unless the phone got very near Hwy 50.
As I stated in previous posts, BLM's entire trip to Denver, his movements in that city, and his drive back should have all been verified by now, using cell phone data and traffic cam video. IMO
Hi Dave, that is if you geolocate her though agps, LE can also locate her though gps which only requires a minimum of three satellites and a fourth to determine altitude. It does has its limitations if there are things obstructing the signal like buildings. I do wonder if mountains or forests would impede the geolocation.

Last edited:
I believe SM was isolated from the very beginning of their marriage if not their entire relationship. Significantly more so once they moved to Colorado. IMO. I also believe she may have been limited in contact with old friends and or outsiders hence why we hear crickets from her acquaintances. Also IMO

@mom2chloe
Sorry I'm a little behind but you made this comment in thread #17. Please educate me. Why did you make this comment? Is it total gut feel or is there some evidence (I use the term lightly) that points you to such a conclusion? Either way, if true, what does it indicate about what happened to Suzanne? Are you making a point about the post-disappearance silence from everyone in her life?

LE never said the bike was "staged". This has taken on a life of it's own.

Understood-that’s why I said “hypothetical” and “if” the bike was staged. I’m just trying to bounce around possibilities since we have nothing else concrete. Chicken or egg-hypothetical-regardless of staged or not-based on locations, which was first, item/s or bike?

Hi Dave, that is if you geolocate her though agps, LE can also locate her though gps which only requires a minimum of three satellites and a fourth to determine altitude. It does has its limitations if there are things obstructing the signal like buildings. I do wonder if mountains or forests would impede the geolocation.
However, if she used her phone as I do (or watch) for music to her earbuds, it was worth bringing. Let’s hope this is the case!

No one seems to be speaking to the press or coming forward to share, so I'm not sure we'll hear anything about her friendships.
You know, if you do go through Suzanne’s FB friends list you can see that they have indeed shared her missing flyer from the start. (I am sure this part of my post might be deleted).

IMO If they are sharing flyers through Facebook then why are they not updating her official Facebook page? But they do have time to update the GMF page? This is what I do not understand.

She would have to have activated the GPS app on her cell phone to do that, and in some cases might had had to use a "designated tracking" GPS app so that a loved one can track her journey. I've used a cell phone for at least twenty years, and have never activated GPS on one yet. When traveling, I use a TomTom device for geolocation and directions. JMO

Interesting that since Suzanne has been missing, basically very few facts have been shared by LE. Yet, here we are on Thread 18 continuing to "postulate" and "hypothize" the same things over and over. There has been very little sleuthing taking place, IMO.

She would have to have activated the GPS app on her cell phone to do that, and in some cases might had had to use a "designated tracking" GPS app so that a loved one can track her journey. I've used a cell phone for at least twenty years, and have never activated GPS on one yet. When traveling, I use a TomTom device for geolocation and directions. JMO
She might have carried a Satphone..we don't know.

No one seems to be speaking to the press or coming forward to share, so I'm not sure we'll hear anything about her friendships.
Im having a hard time finding reliable news sources in the area. Everything requires subscriptions, etc. Is it going to be as easy to unsubscribe 2 or 3 months from now?
My church is my community of friends, and we have a very active Sm forum. I am always amazed at the amount of news and number of strangers to me who post. It’s a very positive site, but I am quite sure when we set it up, it was supposed to be a very closed and private forum. IMO if something of this nature occurred, the site would be locked down immediately.
IMO, it’s possible this HAS occurred, w/i the Ms church community, and the people who know the Ms best, are conversing in private.
Social media in general is a puzzle to me, how DO you keep it private, if the criteria is simply the requirement, you have to be friended to join?
To add to my puzzlement, we also have a second Sm forum, which encompasses, all the rural area, including our church, but much broader. So I get overlap, but also a whole new layer of strangers to me, but obviously friends to somebody. I am very skeptical of that screening to join process.
Indeed, my younger daughter assured me, you can keep your personal account, private. nevertheless, not long after I set up my own acct 4 yrs ago. SHE found herself w/ a poster displaying the ISIS flag. She is a member of the guard, so she had to go thru a process to report this for follow up, meeting w/ FBI, I believe.
She continues to have an acct, so I believe there are improvements to the security layers.
I guess it’s possible, the Ms various forums have locked down tight. It doesn’t mean they weren’t both active beforeJMHO

Interesting that since Suzanne has been missing, basically very few facts have been shared by LE. Yet, here we are on Thread 18 continuing to "postulate" and "hypothize" the same things over and over. There has been very little sleuthing taking place, IMO.
BBM
Well, maybe not here but elsewhere :). However, we don’t bring those things here unless MSM shares them. SO, we are left to “postulate” and “hypothesize.” MOO

The GPS device itself searches the sky for satellites. Some satellites are geostationary, which means that hey are actually traveling at the same speed and in the same direction as the earth's rotation, so the satellite stays above one spot on earth. Others orbit slowly from north to south, and others follow preset paths that are non-conforming. In the western United States along the Rocky Mountains, nine to eleven GPS satellites will appear on a TomTom during daylight hours.There are several branding of GPS wrist worn devices. It is certainly possible that SM owned one, but she would have very little or no need for one on a quick morning ride in what is essentially her front yard As opposed to a ride further away where she wasn't as familiar with the location).
Again, if she had GPS tracking with her, it might be a red flag by itself. At the very least, the extensive searches would seem to indicate that she did not.
In the Mollie Tibbetts search, I believe one of her devices sent a signal, but her remains were located a little over a mile sight distance from where LE concentrated it's most intense searching. Because the two lo cations are equidistant from one cell tower, I tend to believe it was the weak ping signal from her phone which was otherwise unusable due to low / dead battery. At the time, I owned the same model of FitBit as could be seen on her wrist of the video taken 24 hrs prior to he disappearance; and I still refuse to believe that provided much usable information to LE. Even today, exercise devices don't hold a candle to phone for LE evidence. IMO

Au contraire, it is possible to continue to sleuth, while posting, albeit difficult.

But you are absolutely correct, if the same effort had been put toward just one alternative theory, surely we all would be closer to finding SM.

the point you make is valid, but it is HARDER to pursue BMs innocence, stranger abduction, than to just find a different way, to post the same questions.

I do appreciate that finally we, of oppositional views are being allowed to post more freely than before.

HARDER, doesn’t mean impossible, tho.
There are an increasing number of members sleuthing IMO, that gives me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho