Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the silence, my opinion is that it relates to the way the investigation is being handled. Though it is being called a "missing person" case, it is not being treated as such in most ways. I believe sometime around when TN went silent, the family somehow knew SM wasnt alive anymore. Yes, she is still missing, but also, somewhere hidden within a big circle, is the person who disappeared her. If the large majority of people here, on SocialM, etc., believe BM did it, it makes me feel like the majority of people who actually know this family, have their own belief on who did it also, BM or not. Thats not even to mention the actions of LE thus far. Considering that, Im not sure I would be talking to anyone except LE either. Sure, I would want the world to know my instinct, but, what if I was wrong? What if I knew information that could ruin an investigation, or tip off the perp that LE knows certain things. Reporters ask hard questions, that many people probably dont want to answer publicly. What if the whole family spoke, and that person felt pressured and suddenly took their own life, and/or more lives? I imagine its like walking on eggshells inside this family right now. If SM was believed to be alive, perhaps abducted, I think we would be seeing a whole different scenario. Also, I consider both daughters too young to be having to deal with any aspect of this, let alone the media. In the beginning, I didnt understand the silence, but seeing what we have seen unfold, and my opinions of it, I kind of do. Jmho.

Regarding the silence, my opinion is that it relates to the way the investigation is being handled. Though it is being called a "missing person" case, it is not being treated as such in most ways. I believe sometime around when TN went silent, the family somehow knew SM wasnt alive anymore. Yes, she is still missing, but also, somewhere hidden within a big circle, is the person who disappeared her. If the large majority of people here, on SocialM, etc., believe BM did it, it makes me feel like the majority of people who actually know this family, have their own belief on who did it also, BM or not. Thats not even to mention the actions of LE thus far. Considering that, Im not sure I would be talking to anyone except LE either. Sure, I would want the world to know my instinct, but, what if I was wrong? What if I knew information that could ruin an investigation, or tip off the perp that LE knows certain things. Reporters ask hard questions, that many people probably dont want to answer publicly. What if the whole family spoke, and that person felt pressured and suddenly took their own life, and/or more lives? I imagine its like walking on eggshells inside this family right now. If SM was believed to be alive, perhaps abducted, I think we would be seeing a whole different scenario. Also, I consider both daughters too young to be having to deal with any aspect of this, let alone the media. In the beginning, I didnt understand the silence, but seeing what we have seen unfold, and my opinions of it, I kind of do. Jmho.
bbm
Ita.
That's been one of my fears in this case, sadly.

And would be a perfect reason for Suzanne's family not wanting to speak out.
Admittedly, I don't know their reasons for staying silent, but don't want to judge.
That's been one of the hardest aspects of this case-- who is speaking up for Suzanne ?
But if her family believes her deceased; they're not going to be begging for her safe return.
As well as the bolded reason. :(
Imo.

I’m totally okay with BM’s plea, and I am not an expert in any field that points to guilt or innocence in that plea. It means nothing to me.

I am very curious as to why the Find SM FB page went silent. I don’t buy the argument that the negative comments made it counterproductive. Every single FB group I belong to has seriously negative comments. It goes with the territory. Any social media expert will tell you to be prepared for that. Most employ a strategy to deal with it. I would imagine that TN knew it would happen. It’s not about the trolls, it’s about keeping this in the public eye. If one out of a thousand posts or messages is helpful to the investigation, it’s worth it.

I just realized that BM reminds me a lot looks wise and uhh interview wise of Kody Brown from sister wives. Sorry had to put that out there.

BBM does anyone find that part odd? Why wouldn't you preserve evidence of comings and goings? I think that rules out stalker MOO.

"Sheriff John Spezze made the request after a dive rescue team from Pueblo searched waterways. Spezze asked residents to keep — but not turn in yet — any recordings from devices, including Ring doorbells and game cameras, that were operating from May 8 to 12."
Suzanne Morphew search: Residents near Salida asked to save video cam recordings

I’m totally okay with BM’s plea, and I am not an expert in any field that points to guilt or innocence in that plea. It means nothing to me.

I am very curious as to why the Find SM FB page went silent. I don’t buy the argument that the negative comments made it counterproductive. Every single FB group I belong to has seriously negative comments. It goes with the territory. Any social media expert will tell you to be prepared for that. Most employ a strategy to deal with it. I would imagine that TN knew it would happen. It’s not about the trolls, it’s about keeping this in the public eye. If one out of a thousand posts or messages is helpful to the investigation, it’s worth it.

exactly. the only way i can make this make sense is that the family knows exactly who the suspect is, or they are at least suspicious of him, hence the silence. like a poster above stated, i'm sure they are all walking on eggshells around him, too. whether they are discussing it out loud, even amongst themselves, who knows. but they have to know he is a possible suspect to be so quiet. if the family + friends of the morphews' believed LE weren't doing their job and there was a "crazed murderer" out there, or a "ravenous mountain lion," like BM does, they would be screaming out loud for some justice for their mom! they must know deep down.

moo.

bbm
Ita.
That's been one of my fears in this case, sadly.

And would be a perfect reason for Suzanne's family not wanting to speak out.
Admittedly, I don't know their reasons for staying silent, but don't want to judge.
That's been one of the hardest aspects of this case-- who is speaking up for Suzanne ?
But if her family believes her deceased; they're not going to be begging for her safe return.
As well as the bolded reason. :(
Imo.
Agree.
The question of "Who is speaking up for Suzanne?" always crushes me. But hopefully many people are speaking with LE. Hopefully the public silence results in justice.

Everything about Suzanne's disappearance has been troubling, including the most recent msm describing the husband as 'grieving', when Suzanne is still just missing.
Hoping for a break in this case soon !
Imo.

Idk, whether BM is "the one, who". But IF he is, I'm hoping, he won't be the pallbearer at Suzanne's funeral, after she is found one day unexpectedly .
Things are starting to remind me of the case of KarenRistevski ..... Glamorous pair, disappearing of a pretty wife (around similar age), business as usual by "grieving" husband, finances slightly opaque, daughter probably "out of the way" at Uni.
When KR was just missing, his side of the family was already grieving in a darkened room by candlelight, while her side of the family wanted her to find.
At the moment Idk, what to expext here, in case Suzanne. Will we hear of some dodgy people with odd statements, some unknown cars? Or will we hear/read nothing? I'm waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
This question to you professionals in law enforcement and elsewhere in the legal system: to your knowledge, has it ever happened that someone's body has been found, but the information isn't released to the public? One of the reasons being to allow them to continue investigating to put together a case if it's been determined that it wasn't a natural death or an accident?

I'm listening to the podcast Tate talked about yesterday, it's called Profiling Evil and can be found on Youtube. They have a couple episodes on Suzanne. Two retired LE guys who have worked on some fairly large cases.

Here's a point one of them made related to keeping the investigation locked up tight as a drum ... one of the detectives interviewed Wesley Dodd, who had kidnapped a child. The first thing Dodd did after he took the child back to his home was turn on the TV to see if there were any press conferences so he could see what LE was actively doing to find the child. Then went the opposite way with the victim. :(

Another point made, this one about Suzanne's case. In the TD video. BM, when talking about the mountain lion said, "they dragged her away". BM applies plurality to a mountain lion? He keeps talking about we, them, they. He segregates LE into a different category from the "we" and then puts it into the animal attack. "They dragged her away".

Interesting language, def caught the attention of these two retired detectives.

Idk, whether BM is "the one, who". But IF he is, I'm hoping, he won't be the pallbearer at Suzanne's funeral, after she is found one day unexpectedly .
Things are starting to remind me of the case of KarenRistevski ..... Glamorous pair, disappearing of a pretty wife (around similar age), business as usual by "grieving" husband, finances slightly opaque, daughter probably "out of the way" at Uni.
When KR was just missing, his side of the family was already grieving in a darkened room by candlelight, while her side of the family wanted her to find.
At the moment Idk, what to expext here, in case Suzanne. Will we hear of some dodgy people with odd statements, some unknown cars? Or will we hear/read nothing? I'm waiting.
I just took a quick look at Karen Ristevski's case -- holy mackerel.
Wealthy family, she was 47. Her body is found out in the Australian bush 8 months after she 'disappeared' while 'out on a walk.' Grieving hubby moaning and carrying on the whole 8 months. He confesses to killing her, and he gets a sentence of 9 YEARS FOR MANSLAUGHTER. Wow. Really? That's horrible. Her relatives were outraged.

I'm listening to the podcast Tate talked about yesterday, it's called Profiling Evil and can be found on Youtube. They have a couple episodes on Suzanne. Two retired LE guys who have worked on some fairly large cases.

Here's a point one of them made related to keeping the investigation locked up tight as a drum ... one of the detectives interviewed Wesley Dodd, who had kidnapped a child. The first thing Dodd did after he took the child back to his home was turn on the TV to see if there were any press conferences so he could see what LE was actively doing to find the child. Then went the opposite way with the victim. :(

Another point made, this one about Suzanne's case. In the TD video. BM, when talking about the mountain lion said, "they dragged her away". BM applies plurality to a mountain lion? He keeps talking about we, them, they. He segregates LE into a different category from the "we" and then puts it into the animal attack. "They dragged her away".

That is interesting. I haven't been able to watch that podcast yet. So did the detectives think there is a possibility that more that one person are involved in Suzanne's disappearance? Am I understanding that correctly? Tia

Knox, can you help me out? I hope this is ok to talk about, I too thought the podcast fascinating. That said, I'm a little lost on understanding the significance of Barry saying "they dragged her away" obviously wrong grammar, as I don't think he was referring to a pack of animals but what else am I missing?

Last edited:

I agree with everyone who says information about the investigation should be kept as sacrosanct as LE wants.

So forget the investigation. No one seems to be talking about SUZANNE the person.

What is puzzling is it appears no one who knows her is keeping SUZANNE the person at the forefront of this case. She seems to be a “shadow” victim, now barely an outline within the larger context of her life prior to going missing.

That’s what I find distressing and disturbing and so very strange.

And KLM6, I understand about the direction of the investigation and the belief that SUZANNE is probably deceased. I’m on board that train. So maybe there isn’t a way to speak about her in any effective way. Which makes me very sad for her.

I think that keeping SUZANNE the person first and foremost when it comes to this case would put pressure on whoever disappeared her. And I’m hopeful she will be found.

As always, IMO.

Knox, can you help me out? I hope this is ok to talk about, I too thought the podcast fascinating. That said, I'm a little lost on understanding the significance of Barry saying "they dragged her away" obviously wrong grammar, as I don't think he was referring to a pack of animals but what else am I missing?
He was referring to mountain lions, and they do drag you away. Usually after eating part of you, though. But you'll never have a pack of mountain lions drag you away since they are solitary animals. I think he was yakking about what could have happened and said something descriptive like, "maybe a mountain lion, they would drag you(her) away, you know," using "they" as a reference to mountain lions in general.

I saw that episode of "Profiling Evil" and generally thought it was OK, but too much emphasis on that specific wording from BM. Frankly, his wording throughout this mess has been to distance himself from SM, and that was no different.

Very interesting. Thank you for this. I will check them out!

I agree with everyone who says information about the investigation should be kept as sacrosanct as LE wants.

So forget the investigation. No one seems to be talking about SUZANNE the person.

What is puzzling is it appears no one who knows her is keeping SUZANNE the person at the forefront of this case. She seems to be a “shadow” victim, now barely an outline within the larger context of her life prior to going missing.

That’s what I find distressing and disturbing and so very strange.

And KLM6, I understand about the direction of the investigation and the belief that SUZANNE is probably deceased. I’m on board that train. So maybe there isn’t a way to speak about her in any effective way. Which makes me very sad for her.

I think that keeping SUZANNE the person first and foremost when it comes to this case would put pressure on whoever disappeared her. And I’m hopeful she will be found.

As always, IMO.
I agree. And I think we will hear a lot of this once a person is arrested and charged. Its definitely arguable either way, but ultimately I feel that until the person who did this is no longer a threat, preserving the integrity of the investigation in order to get justice for Suzanne is most important, in my opinion.

It’s just the way BM speaks. BM details to TD the areas that have already been searched by LE teams and himself. We searched up that way “if it was the cat, because cats, they drag their prey up the mountain away from people’s.... We can’t find signs of a cat...”

Years ago I picked up a young lady (21) who was crying on the side of the road. We talked for a long time. She told me how her father, a CEO, had embezzled $4 million from his company. She hadn't been in contact with him since she was 15 and he was put in federal prison. (I looked all this stuff up later, and it was all reported in the paper with lots of sad details.) Her big question was, "Why did my dad do it? He didn't need the money." I couldn't answer that, of course. But I did have her think about all the times her dad had been a good father. That brought a smile to her face. It's sad to think how a parent can betray a child. I hope the Morphew girls don't have to face that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax