Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Thanks for providing your reasons although I politely disagree. Some of the reasons you listed though are total assumptions with no real basis. At least that we know of anyway.

We dont know if his alibi checked out or not. LE has not said one way or the other if they or he was able to prove he was in Denver.

We also dont know about the electronic evidence or even some of the home evidence as it is possible LE is still trying to get back some testing results or some more electronic research as that takes a lot of time.

I dont think we know one way or the other about how the daughters feel at this point.

For the reasons I have seen listed why one would feel he may be involved, the things that could support that are known items and not really assumptions. How we intrepet the facts can vary but there was some facts there.

Things like the immediate reward he put out so long as she is returned safely. That in itself is a fact it happened and not an assumption. Similar was the lack of any public statements until a brief homemade video was finally put out. That again is a fact that little public statements have been made which can come across as wanting to avoid public scrutiny and can be suspicous in itself to some.

The fact LE searched one of his job sites is a fact. How that is interpreted can vary but it is a fact it happened.

Anyway I am glad we have people with different views. I wish I could see more things in this case that can sway me in a different direction. At least for me, all arrows are pointing in a certain direction so far.

I respectfully disagree on certain points,
They are no more assumptions than yours.

LE has not said whether alibis check out. Not an assumption, fact.
LE has not made announcements as to what has been found in the consent vs search warrants, searches, not an assumption, fact.
Daughters are with father, several statements to this effect, not assumption, fact.
True, we do not know that this indicates trust in dad, we do not know either way. Fact.
LE has mixed opinions on rewards, they can bring out unwanted responses. they may have advised against it, assumption, not fact.
This may have prompted Spezze comment to “continue cooperating” assumption, not fact
I am not following you on mine being assumptions only.
I do agree to disagree, I feel compelled to respond, but neither of us has more facts than the other. IMHO
I am grateful to youfor allowing me to discuss without shutting me down.

The other theory that I would love to have come true because it would mean she could still be alive is if she ran away on her own to start a new life either by herself or with someone else. The problem I have with that one is I cannot see her staging the bicycle if she did leave. I think she would have just left and not bother staging anything. So that keeps that one more toward bottom as well.
RSBM
I think we’d all love to believe SM is alive. Sadly, I have no doubt she is not :(. For one, as a mother, I could not imagine SM deserting her children. Not a woman of her character. Another reason this is not a viable theory for me, is that she would have taken personal items with her. Some members floated that theory in the KB case, but that dog didn’t hunt either. All her belongings were found in her home as most likely SM’s were too. After all, she just went on a “bike ride.” On top of that, even BM didn’t add that theory to his list.
MOO

RSBM
I think we’d all love to believe SM is alive. Sadly, I have no doubt she is not :(. For one, as a mother, I could not imagine SM deserting her children. Not a woman of her character. Another reason this is not a viable theory for me, is that she would have taken personal items with her. Some members floated that theory in the KB case, but that dog didn’t hunt either. All her belongings were found in her home as most likely SM’s were too. After all, she just went on a “bike ride.” On top of that, even BM didn’t add that theory to his list.
MOO

BBM. Respectfully, do we really KNOW anything about her character? With no one in her family or friends saying anything in the media, I don’t think we have enough information to make assumptions on her character, positive or negative. Social media does not always accurately portray real life, as we all know. Recovering from a terminal illness could result in depression (often well-hidden) among other issues that we don’t know about.
Although, IMO, she did not disappear on her own. But because of the circumstances that you mentioned, not because of her perceived “character”.

JMO
We dont have a lot to go on and we certainly are not aware of enough evidence for formal charges from a DA.

What we do have is a question whether we feel he is involved in some way or not.

And there are usually reasons to feel or lean a certain way. There has been many reasons provided why lots of people feel he is likely involved in some way.

What we havent seen much of is for those that feel he is innocent, then what are the reasons one feels that way?

We want to entertain all ideas and thoughts about this case and its ok to take a stand one way or the other. There are usually reasons why one feels a certain way.

I struggle to find anything that makes the scale tip towards being not involved.

He has an alibi.
There is evidence he is happily married and loves his wife.
They are financially stable.
He did not bury evidence under slab.
The house, vehicle, and electronics came back clear for him.
He actually has a job and is successful at it.
His daughters trust him.
IMO, all of the above are just as accurate as our speculations of his guilt, we have no evidence disputing them, I could probably come up w/ more.[/QUOTE]

JMO
Thanks for providing your reasons although I politely disagree. Some of the reasons you listed though are total assumptions with no real basis. At least that we know of anyway.

We dont know if his alibi checked out or not. LE has not said one way or the other if they or he was able to prove he was in Denver.

We also dont know about the electronic evidence or even some of the home evidence as it is possible LE is still trying to get back some testing results or some more electronic research as that takes a lot of time.

I dont think we know one way or the other about how the daughters feel at this point.

For the reasons I have seen listed why one would feel he may be involved, the things that could support that are known items and not really assumptions. How we intrepet the facts can vary but there was some facts there.

Things like the immediate reward he put out so long as she is returned safely. That in itself is a fact it happened and not an assumption. Similar was the lack of any public statements until a brief homemade video was finally put out. That again is a fact that little public statements have been made which can come across as wanting to avoid public scrutiny and can be suspicous in itself to some.

The fact LE searched one of his job sites is a fact. How that is interpreted can vary but it is a fact it happened.

Anyway I am glad we have people with different views. I wish I could see more things in this case that can sway me in a different direction. At least for me, all arrows are pointing in a certain direction so far.

Pot/Kettle??

Not to you only @Hatfield , but brief Public Service Announcement- lol!!!! Yes, you are listing facts, his reward offer, and his statement- those are facts, but you are then applying your assumptions, feelings and interpretations onto/into those facts at times! Which may or may not be correct, just like @Feistyomi is also doing at times! Both “sides” are “guilty” of these same things, it’s what is done here, by everyone in an effort to sleuth or solve- All the while with the same goal of trying to figure out what happened to Suzanne, but with different, wonderful minds....I realize that this is very difficult to stand back and take a look at from either side when you feel so strongly or passionately about something, perhaps especially murder, true crime etc...understandably.

No one needs to be right, and there will be no prize or gloat- something awful has happened here- terribly awful.

I respectfully disagree on certain points,
They are no more assumptions than yours.

LE has not said whether alibis check out. Not an assumption, fact.
LE has not made announcements as to what has been found in the consent vs search warrants, searches, not an assumption, fact.
Daughters are with father, several statements to this effect, not assumption, fact.
True, we do not know that this indicates trust in dad, we do not know either way. Fact.
LE has mixed opinions on rewards, they can bring out unwanted responses. they may have advised against it, assumption, not fact.
This may have prompted Spezze comment to “continue cooperating” assumption, not fact
I am not following you on mine being assumptions only.
I do agree to disagree, I feel compelled to respond, but neither of us has more facts than the other. IMHO
I am grateful to youfor allowing me to discuss without shutting me down.

Thanks. I agree we all are seeing the same basic information and its just how we interpret things that sometimes can differ. I like staying open to other theories because we never know when there will be surprise information uncovered.

Like with the recent Heidi Broussard case where the boyfriend came across iffy initially until we later learned of the real culprit.

Lets hope LE gets to the bottom of this case soon. The mystery of her disappearance does need solved as soon as possible.

Perhaps I need to explain myself :). Everything he has done and not done make him “appear” guilty. It has absolutely nothing to do with his “looks.” But thank you for pointing out my error in choice of words.

And, with regard to me ever being in his shoes, trust me, I won’t be. BUT, if I were, I would not act the way he has. If someone asked me when the last time I, or anyone else, saw my hubby, it wouldn’t take me 8 solid seconds to think about the answer, never mind evading the question altogether. Hinky is hinky. As well, I wouldn’t be offering big bucks for his “safe” return. As I’ve mentioned before, I would offer what I could afford for ANY information leading to his return, dead or alive, because it would mean that much to me. Obviously, SM means less to BM. How sad is that??

JMHO

would any of your efforts necessarily bring your loved one back?
IMO, they might make you look innocent, but some innocent people are truly clueless about appearances.
I have never, and I hope never to be in a situation like this. I think that I would be proactive, but I do not know. IMO, it would absolutely depend on all the variables. I believe, I would seek advice from more experienced people and follow their lead.
I expect the different agencies to work together, but this has not always been the case.
IMO BM has not directed or controlled this investigation from the first day.
It’s entirely possible, he is incredibly dysfunctional without his steering rod, SM.
His actions with regards to RE sale with guardianship and lot purchase, were already underway, simply follow thru. MOO
Somehow, I do wonder about this, would a guilty person be out there proclaiming his innocence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia