Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

BM is self-employed, and it appears that SM did not work outside the home.

I'm wondering about health insurance coverage.

Cancer treatments are not inexpensive.

That home they purchased in CO was also not inexpensive.

It sounds like the move to the (much more expensive) home and the cancer recurrence happened around the same time.

SM was due to come in for a maintenance treatment the Monday after MD.

Just some random thoughts swirling around.

JMO.

I do wonder about the finances of it all. My mom has great insurance and a lot of things have still been out of pocket. My mom has non-hodgkins lymphoma and SM had hodgkins, but I bet everyone has the same sort of problems with cancer and health insurance. My dads work pays for most of their premium though and have the benefit of a large group buy in.

Missing a very important appointment on Monday ADDS to the suspicious circumstances of SM disappearance along with SM missing contact with her daughters on Mother's Day, AND SM allegedly going on a bike ride but when her bike was located, she was not with it. And let's ADD that her vehicle was found at home so she didn't drive to her unknown location. And no calls from the abductor.

I can practically draft the affidavit for the second search warrant of her residence myself.

MOO

I get that, but once the argument was clarified it wasnt the same take you had. I disagree with the premise that Monday was going to be the planned "missing" date. I think the girls were always going to raise a fuss that they couldnt reach their mom on Mothers day along with others SM might check in with.

MOO killers have noted that the "missing person" is now the best method of murder 1.
Smart murderers have also worked out that phone and newer vehicles are tracked.

But lies only go so deep, and if the case like Suzannes's becomes a sustained Media story/SM case, MOO that is where enough public will to urge on police to break through that "missing" comes from.
So BM might hope it blows over, but I don't think it will, even without a family member out there agitating for her.

Missing a very important appointment on Monday ADDS to the suspicious circumstances of SM disappearance along with SM missing contact with her daughters on Mother's Day, AND SM allegedly going on a bike ride but when her bike was located, she was not with it. And let's ADD that her vehicle was found at home so she didn't drive to her unknown location. And no calls from the abductor.

I can practically draft the affidavit for the second search warrant of her residence myself.

MOO

Agree!

In addition, doesn’t it by process of elimination almost totally rule out suicide? Why make appointments if you’re planning your own demise or get away?

You don't think the girls were coming back to see her on Mother's day?

That was pretty well-covered threads ago based on the fact that the girls were obviously not anywhere near Salida on Sunday, May 10, and required a neighbor to report SM missing at 5:45 pm, and Salida to just the border of Idaho is at least 9 hours away by car.

We also do not know where in Idaho the daughters were driving from and when they actually arrived Maysville/Salida.

MOO

That was pretty well-covered threads ago based on the fact that the girls were obviously not anywhere near Salida on Sunday, May 10, and required a neighbor to report SM missing at 5:45 pm, and Salida to just the border of Idaho is at least 9 hours away by car.

We also do not know where in Idaho the daughters were driving from and when they actually arrived Maysville/Salida.

MOO

Do we even know the girls were driving? Isn’t it possible they flew and some sort of travel disruption caused the tardy return? Did I miss that information somewhere?

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't come home for Mother's day. This is her first mother's day in remission down to maintenance treatments. They live with her or are currently. I doubt they were going to let their mom sit around at home since there's nowhere that BM could claim they were going otherwise. Everything was shut down. It's not like they could have "dinner" plans that they then "cancelled" with a "Dont worry about us kids, I'm taking your mom to _____ for a really nice dinner". She would literally just be at home.

I think Denver only happened bc he was forced to try and get an alibi and maybe get rid of evidence (if he hadn't done that Sat night)
However, when they called her to say Happy Mother's Day, and couldn't reach her, they were still many hours out of town.
If they did plan to celebrate Mother's Day with her, why the big urgency to call and wish her a Happy Mothers Day?

I think Sunday was a 'travel' day for the girls and their boyfriends. They may or may not gave planned to actually make it back home that day. But I can't see them planning to spend much time with her as they were still far from home when they were calling that afternoon, reportedly. JMO

Regarding BM's demeanor. After they took care of my cancer I had to go in every 6 months for blood work and would see the doc a few weeks later. But after the blood draw I could be given the basic blood panel and while that was not as important as the marker results a few weeks later some things in the white blood cell counts could be red flags. Between the blood draw and receiving the blood results they put me in the huge room where all the chemo treatments were taking place. Big recliners and the chemo patients might be reading a book or watching a movie with earphones, but the vast majority were sleeping. 90%-100% were by themselves and it was eerily quiet. The rare few in there with someone weren't talking either. Even the nurses' station with about 4-5 nurses were quiet or whispering. On one occasion, a couple across from me were waiting for results (not blood from what I gathered) the nurse comes to them and discusses the wife's pancreatic cancer results and it isn't good at all. I was never so glad when my nurse showed up with my results. She asked if she wanted to go over them. I thanked her and quickly left. I spent many months at sea in the Navy and went through North Atlantic storms with 25-30 degree rolls for days on end and didn't get the least bit sick. I took my results quickly and left and went straight to the head. I didn't throw up, but it was close.

If someone ever sees me in one of those chemo rooms, I'm probably the most unfriendly person they've ever come across. Not once have I ever spoken to anyone except the nurse who gives me the blood panel and it isn't a long conversation. And I don't linger after that point.
Thank you for sharing these intimate details about your experience and I hope you are doing well. I am very moved by the testimonies given by SM’s friends and family members and I think Lauren did an excellent job. But I am not about to judge BM regarding the quote of a fellow cancer survivor that “ he seemed uncomfortable and not friendly “ at the one chemo session she saw him at.

I took my Mom to all her treatments at M.D. Anderson when she had breast cancer and 10 years later I took my big brother there for his many chemotherapy treatments for pancreatic cancer. They were the dearest people in my life. And it was the hardest, most surreal experiences I’ve ever had. One appointment would mean an entire day at the Medical Center, meeting with a team of doctors. Every now and then there would be a wonderful moment of humor, like when my Mom’s giant 6 foot 5 tall teddy bear of a man introduced himself as her pain management doctor, Dr. Payne. It was really his name! It certainly broke the tension. There is just no way you can judge a person by how they appear when they are with a loved one going through cancer treatments. Don’t know if this
makes any sense. Just my own personal experience and thoughts.
I just remember being totally freaked out and trying to appear strong for my Mom and brother while taking in what the white coats were telling us. I was in my 30’s but had never had to grow up so fast and take charge like that before. Just driving in Houston traffic traffic gave me anxiety attacks, so I’m sure I appeared very uncomfortable.

The person quoted also says that SM usually had one or both daughters with her at her treatments makes me think that Suzanne probably felt more comfortable WITHOUT BM there and maybe wanted to “ spare” him from seeing her vulnerable. IMO that’s the kind of woman she was.
He gets a pass from me on “ looking uncomfortable “.

I get that, but once the argument was clarified it wasnt the same take you had. I disagree with the premise that Monday was going to be the planned "missing" date. I think the girls were always going to raise a fuss that they couldnt reach their mom on Mothers day along with others SM might check in with.
Huh? I completely agree Sunday was the planned gone missing date.

We had no knowledge of the missed Cancer appt until today, 9:20pm MT!

MOO

Respectfully, can you explain?

MOO

That doesn't mean that BM planned on her being reported missing Monday though. Who would they call if SM didnt come in? BM probably. It seems harder to stage a disappearance with travel. I mean he'd have to really plan it out. He has to get over the mothers day hurdle which he couldnt. Then put her in a car away from the home with digital evidence and I'm not seeing how you really do that

IF we are to believe what their dad said. Which Im not sure I do. Jmho.

This is all just my opinion, so here goes. We were all in lock-down because of this pandemic. SM and BM were forced to spend more time together than usual. They couldn't go to the gym, their lives were disrupted. Tensions likely mounted between the two. Lockdown is difficult even if you're spending it with the love of your life. It's mentally taxing.

I don't know about you guys, but this staying at home is causing me to not know what day of the week it is, much less the month. Seriously, today I made a video for my family and dated it: June 22, 2020. It was a while before I realized that it was July 22, 2020. Embarrassing, but not a huge deal. It was easy to apologize and correct the date.

Here's what I propose occurred: The two daughters were out of town and were NOT planning to return home for Mother's Day. We only have the word of their father that they were on their way home but running late. We don't have an official word on when SM was last seen or spoken to.

BM likely forgot that MD was even coming up. Personally, and this is just my opinion, I believe SM was dead before MD arrived. I believe her bike was staged to look as if she'd met with disaster outside of her home.

If we listen to her husband we are given a plethora of possibilities to look at; she could have crashed her bike and gotten disoriented and drowned in the river. She could have been dragged off by a mountain lion. Or, she could have been grabbed off her bike by an abductor.

Yet, the FBI has searched the Morphew home not just once, but twice. My belief is that they found evidence of a crime inside that home. The FBI and CBI were digging through that ground where BM had preciously done a job.

Whatever they found in the home led them to conclude that Suzanne was no longer alive and the bike was staged. The items tossed nearby were likely bike related. Someone wanted her disappearance to look like an abduction.

Who would do that? Why would they do that?

The family knew that SM had an important doctor's appointment on Monday. When she didn't show up for that, the alarm would have sounded that SM was missing.

I believe that BM is a suspect. He left Salida after staging the crashed bike scene and drove out of town. He didn't want to be the person who made the call to 911 that would report her missing. It's my belief that BM never even recalled the fact that there would be calls from the daughters to wish their beloved mom a Happy Mother's Day.

It makes me so very sad for SM's daughters. They must be in such shock and grief over not knowing what happened to their mom. The implications and whispers of BM being responsible must be unbearable. How are they coping? Poor Suzanne. May she be found soon.

This is MOO.

I don't think BM expected such national coverage of Suzanne's disappearance.
It seems that none of these guys ever do. Patrick Frazee literally told his friend that before he was arrested.

I also think he believed law enforcement would see the bike, and conclude that Suzanne had been kidnapped.

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't come home for Mother's day. This is her first mother's day in remission down to maintenance treatments. They live with her or are currently. I doubt they were going to let their mom sit around at home since there's nowhere that BM could claim they were going otherwise. Everything was shut down. It's not like they could have "dinner" plans that they then "cancelled" with a "Dont worry about us kids, I'm taking your mom to _____ for a really nice dinner". She would literally just be at home.

I think Denver only happened bc he was forced to try and get an alibi and maybe get rid of evidence (if he hadn't done that Sat night)
I don't think we can make assertions about Mother's Day. Families are all different. We don't always celebrate Mothers or fathers day or birthdays on the 'actual' dates because real life is flexible. I just want to celebrate with my family and if my Kids want to come on Saturday afternoon or Monday night, to celebrate, it's all the same to me. I think a lot of families feel that way. Especially when people own their own businesses. It is not always Monday through Friday schedules.

I don't think we can make assertions about Mother's Day. Families are all different. We don't always celebrate Mothers or fathers day or birthdays on the 'actual' dates because real life is flexible. I just want to celebrate with my family and if my Kids want to come on Saturday afternoon or Monday night, to celebrate, it's all the same to me. I think a lot of families feel that way. Especially when people own their own businesses. It is not always Monday through Friday schedules.

Yet, all bets were off. Life wasn't "normal." We were supposed to be sheltering in place because of COVID. That's a detail that is often not taken into account as we look at this case. We mustn't forget.

Suzanne Morphew met with foul play during a pandemic.

That doesn't mean that BM planned on her being reported missing Monday though. Who would they call if SM didnt come in? BM probably. It seems harder to stage a disappearance with travel. I mean he'd have to really plan it out. He has to get over the mothers day hurdle which he couldnt. Then put her in a car away from the home with digital evidence and I'm not seeing how you really do that
RBBM - true, but it also doesnt mean that it doesnt. There are many possibilities where he may not have thought or realized this would blow up on Sunday, Mothers Day. Especially if she had talked to them earlier that day. Or if they were receiving texts from her throughout that day. I, personally, think its not unreasonable to think he was expecting a call on Monday - wherein the "missing story", 911 call, would begin. Its not saying she disappeared Monday, but saying she was discovered missing Monday when she didnt show up for her appt. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt