Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article and watched the video. They pretty much are the same-the only thing you miss is the emotion, which we had not seen at all in this case yet. How many seconds was BM’s plea? That’s it.

I wish this was done a long time ago, when Suzanne was first missing.

I agree. It feels even more weirder that we have not seen BM talk about Suzanne like this. (We all have a theory why that is but still, it feels not right, she deserves a husband who cares) Jmo

Last edited:
However, when they called her to say Happy Mother's Day, and couldn't reach her, they were still many hours out of town.
If they did plan to celebrate Mother's Day with her, why the big urgency to call and wish her a Happy Mothers Day?

I think Sunday was a 'travel' day for the girls and their boyfriends. They may or may not gave planned to actually make it back home that day. But I can't see them planning to spend much time with her as they were still far from home when they were calling that afternoon, reportedly. JMO

Yes. I don't think they were planning on spending the day with Suzanne on Mother's Day. And if they didn't, it would have been strange to them if they heard BM tell TD that they were. Moo

IMO

This is an example of using one's own life and deciding that's the way others should be.

Reality is some people are not a bit funny. Some people are very uncomfortable around doctors, hospitals, and medical procedures and freak out somewhat. Some people (even spouses) get scared and close down and don't act in ways someone else would.

Personally I think it's not a valid way to judge someone--i.e. using one's own life as the template for anyone else's. And, as I mentioned a week or 2 before, my friend who recently retired from the Sheriff's Dept after 25 yrs of service, told me about their training and how they are taught to not imprint their own lives, beliefs, religion, customs onto someone they are investigating.

/IMO

Noted.

But I’m close to 72 years of age. Came from huge loving family. Lost three siblings in last year and suffered with them. All others in past ten years. I’m the survivor. I have seen all kinds of people react (and their spouses) in various ways. I cannot stand a cold person who cannot relate and cannot be strong for the other person. The world is cold and ruthless right now. There is so much hate. So a person may be weaker than others, just can’t take the heat, so to speak. And I am supposed to realize that they are different and handle things differently and feel sad for them?

Nope. Not happening. Grow up people. The world isn’t just about you. It’s about caring for others.

In reading your post, I’m even more thankful to God for my precious husband.

Rant over. Not personal. But then, I guess it is.

IMO

This is an example of using one's own life and deciding that's the way others should be.

Reality is some people are not a bit funny. Some people are very uncomfortable around doctors, hospitals, and medical procedures and freak out somewhat. Some people (even spouses) get scared and close down and don't act in ways someone else would.

Personally I think it's not a valid way to judge someone--i.e. using one's own life as the template for anyone else's. And, as I mentioned a week or 2 before, my friend who recently retired from the Sheriff's Dept after 25 yrs of service, told me about their training and how they are taught to not imprint their own lives, beliefs, religion, customs onto someone they are investigating.

/IMO
I don’t think it’s a matter of basing it on your own life, but it’s our life experiences that give us a basis for reference. The fact is, most people don’t like hospitals, are uncomfortable around doctors, and hate to be near a loved one who is sick or suffering. However, a good person, a close friend, a caring wife or husband, sucks that up, and will put their personal feelings aside to support the person who is ill or suffering. It is not easy, but if you truly love someone, you are there for them.

I don’t think it’s a matter of basing it on your own life, but it’s our life experiences that give us a basis for reference. The fact is, most people don’t like hospitals, are uncomfortable around doctors, and hate to be near a loved one who is sick or suffering. However, a good person, a close friend, a caring wife or husband, sucks that up, and will put their personal feelings aside to support the person who is ill or suffering. It is not easy, but if you truly love someone, you are there for them.
ITA - every single person I know who underwent chemo had their spouse with them at most treatments - the more we learn about SM the more I think we would have like being her friend IMO. Kind of like Kelsey....and Jennifer....and all the others...

This is all just my opinion, so here goes. We were all in lock-down because of this pandemic. SM and BM were forced to spend more time together than usual. They couldn't go to the gym, their lives were disrupted. Tensions likely mounted between the two. Lockdown is difficult even if you're spending it with the love of your life. It's mentally taxing.

I don't know about you guys, but this staying at home is causing me to not know what day of the week it is, much less the month. Seriously, today I made a video for my family and dated it: June 22, 2020. It was a while before I realized that it was July 22, 2020. Embarrassing, but not a huge deal. It was easy to apologize and correct the date.

Here's what I propose occurred: The two daughters were out of town and were NOT planning to return home for Mother's Day. We only have the word of their father that they were on their way home but running late. We don't have an official word on when SM was last seen or spoken to.

BM likely forgot that MD was even coming up. Personally, and this is just my opinion, I believe SM was dead before MD arrived. I believe her bike was staged to look as if she'd met with disaster outside of her home.

If we listen to her husband we are given a plethora of possibilities to look at; she could have crashed her bike and gotten disoriented and drowned in the river. She could have been dragged off by a mountain lion. Or, she could have been grabbed off her bike by an abductor.

Yet, the FBI has searched the Morphew home not just once, but twice. My belief is that they found evidence of a crime inside that home. The FBI and CBI were digging through that ground where BM had preciously done a job.

Whatever they found in the home led them to conclude that Suzanne was no longer alive and the bike was staged. The items tossed nearby were likely bike related. Someone wanted her disappearance to look like an abduction.

Who would do that? Why would they do that?

The family knew that SM had an important doctor's appointment on Monday. When she didn't show up for that, the alarm would have sounded that SM was missing.

I believe that BM is a suspect. He left Salida after staging the crashed bike scene and drove out of town. He didn't want to be the person who made the call to 911 that would report her missing. It's my belief that BM never even recalled the fact that there would be calls from the daughters to wish their beloved mom a Happy Mother's Day.

It makes me so very sad for SM's daughters. They must be in such shock and grief over not knowing what happened to their mom. The implications and whispers of BM being responsible must be unbearable. How are they coping? Poor Suzanne. May she be found soon.

This is MOO.
Excellent post! Well thought out points made, all making perfect, logical sense to me! Your summary echoes my thoughts.

Edited to add: All scenarios from BM point away from the home! MOO

Last edited:

BBM for emphasis! THIS^^^^Exactly! He’s not there for her now, either! BM is MIA in recovering his “missing” wife! MOO

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s a matter of basing it on your own life, but it’s our life experiences that give us a basis for reference. The fact is, most people don’t like hospitals, are uncomfortable around doctors, and hate to be near a loved one who is sick or suffering. However, a good person, a close friend, a caring wife or husband, sucks that up, and will put their personal feelings aside to support the person who is ill or suffering. It is not easy, but if you truly love someone, you are there for them.[/QUOTE

Deleted my post. Thread isn’t about my experiences. It is about Suzanne.

Old Cop, thank you so much for your response.

Last edited:
However, a good person, a close friend, a caring wife or husband, sucks that up, and will put their personal feelings aside to support the person who is ill or suffering. It is not easy, but if you truly love someone, you are there for them.

IMO and from personal experience, you are making an assumption that isn't universally true, even if you think it should be.

Example: My father, now deceased, was very compassionate and caring and yet, at the same time, could not *emotionally* handle certain things. For instance, when my brother died. My father couldn't even be in the main room for his funeral (and my brother's body wasn't even in that casket as he was already loaded into the hearse to go to the cemetery). When my mother was taken to the hospital for a sudden brain bleed and was admitted to ICU, my father stayed in the waiting room, queasy and not doing well. My mother worried about him because she knew how he was.

Humans are complex, emotions are complex, what people can handle are complex. BM did attend at least one chemo session with his wife, that this witness personally saw. He wasn't cheery or outgoing or necessarily friendly, but he did make it there. Maybe SM saw how hard it was for him and asked the daughters to attend. Or maybe she just didn't want to be around him at all. I don't know, and neither does anyone else here.

IMO

/IMO

BBM:

Agreed…and if this were the only instance or setting in which BM has been described as being "unfriendly," I'd probably be willing to write it off as a result of situational stress and anxiety vs. a persistent personality issue.

However, this is not the first time, nor is the hospital the only environment, in which we've heard BM described as being stand-offish, unfriendly, controlling and, yes, even aggressive.

It's becoming an all-too-familiar refrain at this point, and we've heard it from too many disparate sources to write it off as, "Oh, he just doesn't like hospitals."

I'm entirely comfortable drawing some conclusions about the man's personality based on those repeated characterizations.

Making an assessment is not judging. It's showing discernment.

Needless to say, so I'll go ahead and say it, in my estimation, he falls far short of being a man deserving of a woman like SM.

JMO.

Last edited:
IMO and from personal experience, you are making an assumption that isn't universally true, even if you think it should be.

Example: My father, now deceased, was very compassionate and caring and yet, at the same time, could not *emotionally* handle certain things. For instance, when my brother died. My father couldn't even be in the main room for his funeral (and my brother's body wasn't even in that casket as he was already loaded into the hearse to go to the cemetery). When my mother was taken to the hospital for a sudden brain bleed and was admitted to ICU, my father stayed in the waiting room, queasy and not doing well. My mother worried about him because she knew how he was.

Humans are complex, emotions are complex, what people can handle are complex. BM did attend at least one chemo session with his wife, that this witness personally saw. He wasn't cheery or outgoing or necessarily friendly, but he did make it there. Maybe SM saw how hard it was for him and asked the daughters to attend. Or maybe she just didn't want to be around him at all. I don't know, and neither does anyone else here.
I’m sorry for you.

I stand by what I said.

BBM:

Agreed…and if this were the only instance or setting in which BM has been described as being "unfriendly," I'd probably be willing to write it off as a result of situational stress and anxiety vs. a persistent personality issue.

However, this is not the first time, nor is the hospital the only environment, in which we've heard BM described as being stand-offish, unfriendly, controlling and, yes, even aggressive.

It's becoming an all-too-familiar refrain at this point, and we've heard it from too many disparate sources to write it off as, "Oh, he just doesn't like hospitals."

I'm entirely comfortable drawing some conclusions about the man's personality based on those repeated characterizations.

Making an assessment is not judging. It's discernment.

Needless to say, in my estimation, he falls far short of being a man deserving of a woman like SM.

JMO.
Discernment indeed.

Different Biking Standards?
sbm @Feistyomi agreeing. I'm imagining this.
Local: How was your ride?
Noob to CO mtn-biking: Whew, that 50 mile uphill run was a workout.
Local (walks away, mutters to self): What a wimp, sweating after a kiddie spin like that.

j/k. :rolleyes:;)

The range of standards and levels of athleticism go even wider than that. If a person took a bike ride twice a week for an hour or so, even a leisurely ride on mostly flattish ground, if they were enthused about it, made it a consistent habit and talked about it to their friends, they might well be described as an "avid bike rider" even though they aren't in the same league as the two riders described above.

If you realize that a person is mortally wounded and you willing decline to aid, assist or seek a medical intervention; is that murder?

I am aware of a case in California where a wife was convicted for failing to call for help for an injured husband who later died. The wife had NOT directly inflicted the injuries but was indirectly related (it was a family fight situation) and part of her defense involved reasonable fear of domestic violence by the man who was killed.

She was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and served just a few years in prison.

I'm so glad that we're finally getting a peek "behind the curtain" into who SM was as a person. It's long overdue, IMO. Hopefully this will officially put to bed for good speculation of a suicide (which, IMO, on the face of it is ridiculous to begin with - stage a bike and commit suicide in a way as to not leave a body?) Hopefully, too, it will put to rest the equally ridiculous notion (IMO) that she walked away on her own (again, staging a bike, leaving her family with questions and suspicion).

I frankly don't understand BM's refusal to even provide a comment or statement to a MSM story about his missing wife. It reminds me of when my kids were very little and would play peek-a-boo and they would close their eyes and believe that I couldn't see them. We can all see you, BM. Say something. Anything.

MOO.

Sorry DBM the first part wasn't what I was trying to respond to

This answer to #528 which i will repost: Would L.E. be obligated or required by law to share factual damaging evidence with the minor or adult children of a suspect while still putting together a case in order to "protect " the safety of the children who are/were living with suspect parent and may not "know"?

Would child protective services be required to disclose any report from L.E. maybe under a freedom of information request from we the taxpayers public? Taking a shot here-even if somebody (reporter) asked them ( child protective services) was there a report -? If so we would know for sure the bad guy? Somebody in city hall overseeing child protective services surly could find out if a "report" has been submitted not the actual wording but just a report for the good or safety of family /friends no? Maybe a start to this would be asking our Gal Lauren to ask the sheriff if he would be required to contact child protective services - he may answer or he may not know- we didn't until this was asked and answered .

Yes I think so. Gannon Stauch's case had CPS involved before he was found and before an arrest (I believe MOO) which is why CPS is on the AA. I think that CPS has to be called when there is anything like potential violence in the home or any risk to the children. I dont think it has to be as proper as having a parent and "official POI" just because CPS doesn't need the same burden of proof to investigate whether children are safe. GS was a missing child so Im sure it has different and more strict involvement for violence against minor children, but I would guess that any sort of police report like this gets a CPS call. It might even just to offer therapy.

I know for sure they are called if a police report is filed for DV and even if their primary parent is the victim. You can risk losing your kids if you take the partner back or don't follow a separation order. I know this from watching really trashy reality tv.

I'm so glad that we're finally getting a peek "behind the curtain" into who SM was as a person. It's long overdue, IMO. Hopefully this will officially put to bed for good speculation of a suicide (which, IMO, on the face of it is ridiculous to begin with - stage a bike and commit suicide in a way as to not leave a body?) Hopefully, too, it will put to rest the equally ridiculous notion (IMO) that she walked away on her own (again, staging a bike, leaving her family with questions and suspicion).

I frankly don't understand BM's refusal to even provide a comment or statement to a MSM story about his missing wife. It reminds me of when my kids were very little and would play peek-a-boo and they would close their eyes and believe that I couldn't see them. We can all see you, BM. Say something. Anything.

MOO.

BBM:

"It's. Too. Soon."

There you go.

Seriously, what more do you want?
BM is a busy man right now.
He has guardianship papers to file, and homes to sell, and properties to buy, and wells to dig, and workouts to do at the gym, and stuff.

He doesn't have time to stand around and chit-chat with reporters about his missing wife.

Looking for his wife won't pay the bills.

Let's keep our eye on the ball and focus on what's really important here.

Speaking of which, how's that Gimme Fund looking?

JMO.

Last edited:

MOO.
it is troubling that his only comments were 1) FB video which he controlled IMO and 2) the "undercover" interview - which I believe now to be orchestrated. He learned well from Frazee and Watts - silence is golden
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member