Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also probably means that she hadn't been unreachable for days which would tighten up the timeline a bit. Although I suppose it's possible that the daughters were out of contact while camping.
^^sbm

My experience is teens will nix a trip that hinders their use of social media and/or their phones!

I do think it very relevant that the girls were reportedly not worried on Sunday morning. I'm using this to shorten my timeline of when I initially believed SM disappeared.

Also, we know that wifi-text is the main communication source at the residence which totally fits with how I believe the daughters communicated with their parents (and everybody else).

This is from the DM so take it as you wish but they reported "SM was last in contact on May 9." Not that she was last seen. I would not be surprised if the contact was with her daughters -- esp the youngest.

MOO

Perhaps they knew it wasn’t going to end well?
JMO
Suzanne’s relatives must have had a strong suspicion early on, almost immediately, that Suzanne was gone and likely deceased. It’s the only reason their silence makes sense. I can appreciate their viewpoint. If Suzanne is deceased, then what would be the purpose of doing media or interviews? With their loved one gone, their only remaining play would be to point their finger at Barry and they won’t do that. They want LE to point THEIR finger at Barry.

IMO

Last edited:
BBM:

I actually imagine any calls they made that day were at the urging/prompting of BM.
I'm thinking they were "reminded" by their father to call and wish their mom a Happy Mother's Day.

Had they tried to reach SM earlier, their first call trying to track her down would have been to BM, not the neighbor.

As BM himself told TD, he normally doesn't work on Sundays, so the daughters would have expected him to be with SM.

Unless, of course, BM himself contacted them via phone/text and urged them to call their Mom, on account of he was in a land far, far, away called Denver and she was all alone going for a bike ride.

I see one person's hand behind the curtain pushing all the levers that day.

JMO.
Except the daughters phoned the neighbor on Sunday morning -- which surprised me as I too believed they were most likely in touch with dad until at least midday before bringing the neighbor into the picture.

Something else about the neighbor --for all the speculation that BM isolated SM and her contact with others outside curtailed, I think we learned that BM was a good neighbor and very approachable to those he knew. I think that must have extended to the rest of the household since the daughters seemed to reach out to the neighbor without hesitation. Up until this news, my assumptions about the family as neighbors were wrong.

MOO

I do wonder if the initial suspicion on BM came from the security cameras. LS says that she saw "security cameras on every angle of the home." Including the driveway. So it seems like either those cameras weren't working, the footage is missing, or what they show doesn't confirm BM's alibi. If the cameras were working and SM went for a bike ride after BM left for Denver, that should be captured on the cameras and it seems like LE would be looking elsewhere by now. Unless there's some way out of the house that isn't covered by a camera.
^sbbm
If a picture is worth a thousand words, I think LE may indeed have surveillance gold. Something very credible caused LE to turn towards BM within days. By the Sheriff's first presser on May 15 -- they were focused in only one direction. MOO

A couple more tidbits:
Barry saying the media was “bothering him.”

LOL, I'm going to have to go with BM on this one. I like LS and it was brave of her to approach him.
Regardless of his guilt or innocence, if he had wanted their help, he would have asked for it.

Ooh, odd thought: he had nothing to do with her disappearance, but isn't concerned about finding her because he's fine with it.

Last edited:
One way to find out, ask. LS is very responsive to facebook messages :)
I believe LS is protecting the privacy of the neighbor and wouldn't be comfortable asking this question -- especially since this neighbor was previously named and photographed by DM which I thought was terrible as it didn't take long before sm was throwing suspicion her way. MOO

LOL, I'm going to have to go with BM on this one. I like LS and it was brave of her to approach him.
Regardless of his guilt or innocence, if he had wanted their help, he would have asked for it.
I’m not going with BM on anything.

The fact that he has never wanted their help, speaks volumes to me. Families literally beg for every ounce of media attention they can get.

I have never, not once, seen this behavior from an innocent person in a situation like this.

The fact that he has never wanted their help, speaks volumes to me. Families literally beg for every ounce of media attention they can get.

I have never, not once, seen this behavior from an innocent person in a situation like this.

But, that's my point. It's 'bothersome' because he hadn't asked for help from the media.

About the only time I have ever seen anything close is in a ransom situation and that was in a movie. I cant recall a real life ransom case with so much silence.

My Cliff Notes from PE video above.

Lauren talked to the fire chief. BM is going to training every week, has not gone on any call outs. Says BM is "having a hard time".

Spoke to gym mgr who says BM has returned for workouts.

Lauren has not been able to confirm anyone seeing Suzanne on a bike ride that Sunday morning.

TODAY is their anniversary.

PE guy says, if BM has time for gym & FF training, he has time to organize a community search. Even Scott Peterson did that much.

Thinks BM should be or is under surveillance (I wasn't clear on exactly what he said) because his behavior is causing a lot of red flags.

Lauren irritated by BM telling Tyson that the media was bothering him vs media helping him find his wife. Esp after video plea where he says he'll do anything but he then won't talk to media

Thinks his reward offer needs to be restructured or used for actually searching for Suzanne

Edit for clarity

Thank you for this synopsis! I tried to watch it but the hosts are so ponderous, it's excruciating.

Last edited:
I believe LS is protecting the privacy of the neighbor and wouldn't be comfortable asking this question -- especially since this neighbor was previously named and photographed by DM which I thought was terrible as it didn't take long before sm was throwing suspicion her way. MOO
I agree, but not asking LS to go back to the neighbor for further questioning, just for clarification. If she (LS), knows the answers.

Just watching the “Profiling Evil” episode with Lauren Scharf today.

Lauren thinks that “something major happened in that home.”

There was a rumor on Facebook that law enforcement marked the walls of the home with magic marker.

Chris says that whenever a marker is used, it is used to mark biological evidence. This is an “old school” technique.

One of the CSI people in the Daily Mail photos was older, so this seems to make sense to him.

You take a photo of the evidence, circle the area with a marker, and use a ruler in order to show orientation.

They keep saying “we haven’t left the house yet,” which just shows how the investigation centers there.
Any idea what room that was rumored to be in? (The marker on the wall.). Just curious!

I am attaching a map that shows the Morphew home, the route you would take to the spot where BM said the bike was found, and the approximate location of where the bike was found.
If, in fact, the bike was staged, I would presume it was done under cover of darkness. If the person staging the bike drove the route I have marked, as he turned right off Puma Path and started up 225, he would have a long fairly straight road behind him. He would be able to detect the headlights of any cars approaching from his rear. As he took the next right on 225 just below the intersection with Hwy 50, he would likewise see if there were any cars approaching from the front. If he pulled over at approximately where I have marked the spot where the bike was allegedly found, his vehicle would be on the same side of the road. He could quickly get the bike out of the back of his vehicle and hurl it down the incline. He would not be seen from Hwy 50. Furthermore, if this was done in the wee hours, there would be next to no traffic anywhere in this area. If so inclined, the “stager” could continue on and throw a personal out by the side of the road somewhere just west of the intersection of 50 & 225.
This is a hypothetical theory as to how the bike may have been staged. It is MOO.
ETA “allegedly” as to the where the bike was found.
This makes a lot of sense to me
However, if it was dark, how would he know how the "wheel was turned like..."?

Any idea what room that was rumored to be in? (The marker on the wall.). Just curious!
I don’t think that was ever specified. I do tend to believe it’s true, but who knows?

From the way it sounds though, I get the impression that it was supposedly located in common areas, as opposed to isolated to one particular room (like a bedroom).

I don’t think that was ever specified. I do tend to believe it’s true, but who knows?

From the way it sounds though, I get the impression that it was supposedly located in common areas, as opposed to isolated to one particular room (like a bedroom).
Interesting...thx MassGuy. If something was planned it seems like it would be when she was more vulnerable like in the bathtub or shower or bed...just speculating of course. And reiterating this was stated as a rumor so we don’t run forward discussing as a fact. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms