PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the "they" being referred to were the local/county/state LE, not the Secret Service.

Unless the local LE had communicated that to SS, they wouldn't know. The weak link was local LE. SS are mere mortals like the rest of us. They don't have powers of telepathy, mind reading or the ability to fly or materialize in any location at will. JMO

That doesn't fit the current narrative in some groups, but its accurate.

Problem solved with indoor rallies. Many people are growing cynical about these outdoor rallies, from both sides. Voters want more substance instead of "my rally is bigger than yours".
Bbm.
I have a different take, with the first bolded.
The local LE may have been anything from trained sharpshooters ( Wasn't said there was an outside source who were a trained Swat unit ? As in, subcontracted ?) to cops assigned to traffic duty.

The bulk of the responsibility would have been with the secret service whose main job is to detect possible threats and protect the former potus and the crowd.
Imo.

Second bolded : It's more like some people draw a bigger crowd than others. That's just how it is.
Omo.

Last edited:

The sniper and his fellow Beaver County SWAT officers were assigned to Trump's Butler campaign rally, and tasked
with supporting the Secret Service and other law enforcement in the mission to keep the event and Secret Service protectee, safe.

Rbm.
They (local LEO's) were not running the show, so to speak.

“Could it have been avoided? Absolutely,” said Det. Pat Young, commander of the Beaver County SWAT team and Nicol’s boss. “And should it have been avoided? Yeah, absolutely.”
A Butler sniper leader who met Nicol and his partners at the AGR building told them their mission was to look out those windows and scan the area for threats, Nicol said
Over the next 13 minutes, Nicol attempted to pass his concerns up the chain of command.

The state trooper then conveyed the information to Secret Service agents also in the command post at approximately 5:44 p.m.

The secret service were notified.
They did nothing.
There was time to act.

The burden of blame is more on them than anyone else; their job is to neutralize threats.

Some good maps at the Cnn link.

All of this happened in an area that wasn't overly large for the secret service to handle.

Pennsylvania police confirmed they assisted the Secret Service and regularly do so when high-profile government officials come to town, but that the federal agency ultimately runs the show.
Attendees reported seeing 20-year-old Thomas Crooks acting suspiciously near rally metal detectors, according to CNN, with local law enforcement being notified and broadcasting warnings over their radios to the Secret Service to be on the lookout for him.

Included is a photo of a gate at the edge of the rally.
Good work in securing that gate, secret service !
Even if they weren't the ones who used zip ties, they should have noticed it wasn't secured.
A good pair of Fiskars could cut the ties quickly.
Wire or bolt cutters would get that chain undone.
After that, a truck could easily have been driven through the fence.
Smh.

1a.jpeg
Omo.

Butler County law enforcement set aside radios for the U.S. Secret Service to use at the July 13 campaign rally for former President Donald Trump, but the federal law enforcement agency did not retrieve the radios, according to a preliminary investigative report released Aug. 15 by Congressman Clay Higgins, R-Lousiana.

The FBI are the ones who give permission for the release of the body. It's in the Preliminary Investigation Report that @Mica linked.

"Yes, Butler County Coroner technically had legal authority over the body, but I spoke with the Coroner, and he would have never released Crooks’ body to the family for cremation or burial without specific permission from the FBI."

It sounds, to me, as if the congressman who wrote the report doesn't trust the Coroner or the FBI. Or just wanted to see the body for himself, instead of reading the reports and viewing all of the photos. Though I don't think he is a Coroner himself, so I am not sure what else the body would have told him.

imo

From Rep. Clay Higgins report (link above)…paragraph 2 explains Higgins reasons for wanting to see the body.

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpeg
    IMG_1570.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 12
The FBI are the ones who give permission for the release of the body. It's in the Preliminary Investigation Report that @Mica linked.

"Yes, Butler County Coroner technically had legal authority over the body, but I spoke with the Coroner, and he would have never released Crooks’ body to the family for cremation or burial without specific permission from the FBI."

It sounds, to me, as if the congressman who wrote the report doesn't trust the Coroner or the FBI. Or just wanted to see the body for himself, instead of reading the reports and viewing all of the photos. Though I don't think he is a Coroner himself, so I am not sure what else the body would have told him.

imo
I'm still confused here. Did the coroner release the body or not?

I think it is a Federal law that an employer must allow their employee time to pump when the need is there. It is pretty painful to not be able to relieve the pressure.

I guess that if family was there, caring for the infant, the time taken to feed would be equivalent to the time it takes to pump. And it would avoid trying to find somewhere to store the equipment for pumping and then keeping the milk cold.

US Dept of Labor - FLSA Protections to Pump at Work
Yes, but she should not have been on an assignment that would be jeopardized by the the breastfeeding. A reasonable accommodation would have been a different assignment. There has to be an attempt to come up with a plan agreed to and this seems to have been a surprise to the SS. The breastfeeding employee has obligations as well.

I'm still confused here. Did the coroner release the body or not?

I think they are saying that the Butler County Coroner released the body to the family for cremation on July 13, ten days after the shooting, but that specific authorization to release the body had to come from the FBI.

Seems the Congressmen have the same complaint that the FBI also released the crime scene too soon-- including that FBI released first responders the night of the shooting, causing several to express “everything from surprise to dismay to suspicion” during interviews.

Nonetheless, neither the FBI, SS will comment, and reporters calls to the Butler County Coroner have not been returned.

I think it is a Federal law that an employer must allow their employee time to pump when the need is there. It is pretty painful to not be able to relieve the pressure.

I guess that if family was there, caring for the infant, the time taken to feed would be equivalent to the time it takes to pump. And it would avoid trying to find somewhere to store the equipment for pumping and then keeping the milk cold.

US Dept of Labor - FLSA Protections to Pump at Work
The emphasis is on "reasonable accommodations".

Yes, you can, but she should have made arrangements ahead of time to leave her station and a replacement agent should have been assigned for the time period that she was breastfeeding.

SS agents are human, they need to eat and use restrooms just like everyone else. They also get sick and suffer from minor emergencies just like the rest of us. Obviously they must have some sort of arrangements for breaks worked out.
In this case, it appears they did not.

It's not "gone". After investigation, autopsy, etc. it was returned to his family who had him cremated. Kind of a sensationalist headline, but routine handling. Similar situation happened with Oswald. His body was returned to his mother, IIRC, who arranged for is burial. The choice of cremation or burial is up to the family. I assume the members of Congress can access the autopsy report, photos, etc.

As for claims of "no oversight", they don't seem valid. Local LE wouldn't have any control of where and how his parents handled his remains, unless they did something illegal. Cremation wouldn't have been carried out without the proper paperwork. This is a Daily Mail article, so probably needs fact checking. I can see why the FBI wouldn't announce the disposal of his remains to the general public. They're probably protecting the privacy and safety of the killer's parents.

NU6Q36QRJ5DMJEETWFQDA4YTDE.jpg
The Uvalde shooter is buried at a San Antonio cemetery at a grave with just a nickname, no last name and no death date.
(I won't show a picture of his grave, because based on the picture, his grave could be located)

Subject: Preliminary Investigative Report to Chairman Mike Kelly
Investigative Authority: House Bi-Partisan Task Force on the Attempted Assassination of Former
President Donald Trump.
Author of Preliminary Report: Congressman Clay Higgins
Date: 12 August 2024

Why is this a thing?

I read about it somewhere after Crooks' body was released. I also knew he was released for cremation. It wasn't a secret at the time. I can't find the original article because all the searches are overshadowed by this.

Cause of death for Crooks was released on July 16th.

An autopsy report was released on Aug 1st

How long are they supposed to keep his body?

I don't believe Congress can order a body "be kept in storage", just because there is a Congressional investigation. Was there an order somewhere?

I believe those are decisions of when to release a body is the medical examiner's.

Why would Congress even want his body in storage? I've never heard of something like this?

Higgins also contradicts itself with regards to Crook's body. He even states the coroner released the body:

My effort to examine Crooks’ body on Monday, August 5, caused quite a stir and revealed a disturbing fact… the FBI released the body for cremation 10 days after J13. On J23, Crooks was gone. Nobody knew this until Monday, August 5, including the County Coroner, law enforcement,Sheriff, etc
Yes, Butler County Coroner technically had legal authority over the body, but I spoke with the Coroner, and he would have never released Crooks’ body to the family for cremation or burial without specific permission from the FBI

The FBI called the accusation of obstruction “inaccurate and unfounded.” The FBI arranged for cleaning the area where Crooks died and released his body to his family in coordination with the coroner’s office and other law enforcement partners.

From the link -

To get answers about what happened, Helen Comperatore has hired an attorney.

"I want justice for my husband, and I'm going to get it," she said.

They specifically want answers from security at the rally.

"I just want them to know that I really think my dad's blood is on their hands, and I hope they wake up every day thinking about what they took from our family," Kaylee said. "Because we have to wake up every day and see that image of our father in our head, and no child should ever have to see that."
(…)
Helen Comperatore says she has been invited to be a part of Trump's next visit to Butler in October, but that she will have to see how security is before making a decision whether to join him on stage.

Thanks so much for posting this link, @shotgun09 .

I teared up reading it, and am thankful Helen is fighting for justice and answers for Corey's death !

It's sad that she must hire an atty., and also regrettable that the secret service employees who were there haven't been questioned about their lack of timely response; among other issues that day.
Omo.

From Rep. Clay Higgins report (link above)…paragraph 2 explains Higgins reasons for wanting to see the body.

Thank you. Yes, I read the whole report. He couldn't confirm it was "100% accurate".

But he also feels sure that Shot 9 from a "bad-a$$" SS sniper (his words) stopped Crooks from shooting any more. And that Shot 10 from a different SS sniper killed Crooks. And that Crooks is dead. What else is needed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back