Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else that just popped into my mind is:

-The PE guys alluding to the two cars in the driveway
-A family member telling LS that it’s believed that BM is tampering with the investigation.

Those points are just vague enough for us to not know exactly what they mean. But I bet they are a very clear message to the person or persons that committed this crime(s).
Was he possibly driving all three cars? Could that be the issue? Maybe they got warrants that covered all three cars. I mean he wouldn't be stupid enough to drive his own car now would he? moo

This is complete speculation on my part and apologies in advance if it needs to be deleted...

If BM was having an affair and SM found out about it and was planning to divorce BM; BM would be left dead broke. Given the real estate sales and other financial moves after SM’s disappearance this is quite curious.

And (major speculation ahead) what if SM wasn’t texting about her best friends’ sons wedding that ‘SM was going to be in’ but instead was texting her best friend about SM’s own wedding/marriage and that Saturday afternoon she was confiding in her best friend that Saturday evening she was going to let BM know she was planning a divorce and move back to IN. With the kids out of town, it would be an uninterrupted time to speak with him. Her friend knows the plan and right around the time SM was going to talk to BM, SM goes radio silent. Then she can’t be reached that morning.

That would certainly justify why the best friend was so alarmed by SM’s silence. Something from the best friend like “ok, let me know how he takes it” followed by complete silence would definitely me a major concern.

Sorry if that’s too ‘out there.’ The news this week really has my juices flowing.

Definitely not “out there” at all IMO, quite the opposite!

I am off the fence.
Barry, you are no better than so many wife killers, IMO. I was really hoping he would turn out to be innocent
and that she was abducted, and that the girls would not have to suffer this tragedy even moreso.
Welcome to this side of the fence. You're right, we do wish it were not another case of a wife killer. Moo

JMO but I think BM has never paid any attention to any of the recent murder cases. I think he has never heard of Websleuths either. I talk to people who have no idea what Websleuths is.

I think he is so busy working trying to hold his head above water and live the lifestyle that he chose. He just doesn’t appear to me to be heavy into social media stuff.

I could be completely wrong..JMO.

I agree. There are still plenty of people that dont follow true crime TV shows and are not really interested in new forensic technologies like the new family tree DNA research that nailed the Golden State Killer.

All we have to do is remind ourselves of the fool Patrick Frazee who didnt even know how Cell Phone records can be used to track a person. He had to go into a Cell Phone store to ask about it. LOL

Im hoping many mistakes were made that LE has uncovered.

I'm still thinking we will discover there is another woman in BM's life. jmo
I would bet money LE is aware of this and has tried to speak with her.
And I'll bet BM has been in touch with her. And LE knows it, of course.
I just can't understand why BM hasn't fled the country tho.
This situation seems like a ticking time bomb!
moo
ITA - This type of man always has someone "waiting in the wings" - they never move on from one until they have another lined up.

The timing of all this new information is very curious IMO. I also find the flyers being passed around interesting.....something is up
JMO
I've updated the media thread

Also the update and pictures posted by CCSO showing CBI and FBI distributing flyers on the 3 month anniversary of Suzanne's disappearance.

That's no coincidence, IMO.

Welcome to this side of the fence. You're right, we do wish it were not another case of a wife killer. Moo
It’s really quite mind-boggling how many of these seemingly “perfect” husbands end up killing their wives. MOO I will never understand it.

ITA - This type of man always has someone "waiting in the wings" - they never move on from one until they have another lined up.
ITA! These men have wonderful wives, yet it’s never enough. I think this type of man is incredibly insecure. They constantly need an ego boost and they are never satisfied with what they have. They always want more. MOO

It’s really quite mind-boggling how many of these seemingly “perfect” husbands end up killing their wives. MOO I will never understand it.

ITA! These men have wonderful wives, yet it’s never enough. I think this type of man is incredibly insecure. They constantly need an ego boost and they are never satisfied with what they have. They always want more. MOO
We dont know if she's a wonderful wife or not, she's certainly pretty.

And the flip side of the coin is that the Ramseys took a polygraph test, passed, and if I remember right, that didn't work out too well for them either.
The accuracy rate of a voice stress test is only 50%. What if it shows you are lying but you are not?
To be fair Ramseys polygraph was a controlled polygraph. There were designated questions and questions not allowed to be asked.

One way it may have come out. Lets suppose he was venting to a neutral family member that was still on the fence about whether he was involved or not. He may have complained to this person about how LE is treating him and even claiming his truck was not in Colorado when he knows darn well he was hard at work there on MD.

The other person may have questioned why would they say that. And he may have told them it was something about his truck having a built-in GPS and how he (mistakingly) knows it doesnt or he would have been using it to navigate to new job sites a long time ago.

Its either that or LE gave a few crumbs out to other family members in Indiana as they were trying to help them open up about the reality of the situation.
JMO
I, too, think LE imparted a few tidbits to the family (whether they are accurate or not) to nudge something out of them. Info that they might have been sitting on. A girlfriend, a past history, something SM confided in them. I wonder if LE learned anything concrete, ie. more than the family worries about tampering. Also, surely LE didn’t wait 3 months to interview them?

JMO but I think BM has never paid any attention to any of the recent murder cases. I think he has never heard of Websleuths either. I talk to people who have no idea what Websleuths is.

I think he is so busy working trying to hold his head above water and live the lifestyle that he chose. He just doesn’t appear to me to be heavy into social media stuff.

I could be completely wrong..JMO.
Just Facebook, which he apparently thinks is the best and only way to share a video... still rolling my eyes about that.

I think it's getting very hot in Colorado both literally and figuratively for BM.

The most critical thing I took away from Lauren's segment yesterday was that BM's truck GPS didn't align with where he claimed he was.

As Pink Floyd says, Just another brick in the wall. As MrsWatson adds, the wall around the Colorado State Penitentiary.

MOO
I love your addition! :D The “nugget” about BM’s truck data not matching what he told investigators was big - HUGE! I was hoping they could track his truck and it sounds like LE did! And probably so much more!

Last edited:
Wow! I’ve just woken up and watched Lauren’s segment. I’m not sure why I’m saying “wow” as it’s hardly surprising to most of us as we already suspected this, but it’s reassuring knowing that the walls are finally closing in!

The fact that we’ve seen quite a bit of movement this week gives me hope that we’ll see movement in another part of the investigation too, i.e. an arrest. I hope I’m right!

I’m not sure he will crack and confess under pressure, but I think this weeks added pressure may lead to some different behaviour and he may start losing it. All MOO.

Tick tock...

With his personality I can’t see him just waiting to be arrested once he KNOWS it’s imminent. Will BM try to flee...or worse? He won’t want to go to jail or stand trial. No control over anything except maybe one thing. Hmmm...I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out. It feels like things are happening faster now. I wonder if when LE talked to Suzanne’s family over the weekend they told them an arrest is coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia