Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually said the vehicles “were strange vehicles. Not belonging to the M’s” That is what made that significant IMO.
Edited: There were two vehicles that did not belong to Barry.
correct did not belong to barry

Apologies for what exactly? Stating facts of the case and trying to find justice for Suzanne? Justice for SM and the girls are most important.
bbm
That's true.

As far as theories and speculation go --we have nothing to apologize for.
We're only going by the facts that are available and also what LE are saying and omitting as well.
A picture is being painted and it's increasingly evident where LE are looking.
Sadly.
I did not envision this ending well after the first few days.

But Suzanne needs to be found and recovered for her daughters and family.
Imo.

His crew was coming in on Sunday night to help on Monday! So maybe those two cars were the workers!

Wouldn't they be meeting in Denver?

When BM said they were coming in on Sunday night, that was my impression. Crew arrives Denver Sunday night, ready for work early Monday morning.

this seems unlikely, but worth putting out there. What if Barry had two workers coming to stay with him Sunday night and the. Ride with him on Monday to Denver. I have no idea how much BM was going to be paid for this job but paying for two hotel rooms in Denver would cut into his profit on the job, so maybe they were going to stay with him. They arrive at the M’s home at whatever time they were supposed to but BM wasn’t there and could leave Denver until the daughters/neighbor/bike ride story could be hatched.

Having two workers at your house and you not be home at that time, with all of the other circumstances that would play out, it pretty questionable.

But probably unlikely, just a thought.

I've thought about the possibility that the neighbor went to the house as instructed, saw two cars parked in the driveway. Peeked in the window, saw the bike was gone and drove down towards the creek looking for Suzanne. Or didn't peek in the window at that point, but drove around looking for her.

Came back to the house to wait for LE to arrive and one of those two cars was gone.

Let's say that car also fit the description of the guy who was riding his bike and said he saw a vehicle in that area on Mother's Day that seemed out of place. That's two people confirming a vehicle siting. I know I keep harping on this bike guy, but he was so vehement in his on camera interview.

ETA-I found the interview-
A mountain biking enthusiast who was riding in the same area as Suzanne the day she disappeared told Fox21 that he saw a suspicious vehicle in the remote area. According to the cyclist, he told investigators the car looked completely out of place.
Home of missing Colorado mother cordoned off as investigation intensifies

This on the other hand is fascinating. Great memory.

In the PE video MK says the two cars were parked in the driveway, and CM says at the residence, so not sure which it is. Just putting up a pic with red arrow pointing to what I would call the driveway, found a Google Earth image .... so if the cars were there I would find that more noteworthy and of suspicion than if they were parked at "the residence", house area ... just MOO
PS: Not too good with adding markers to images, whoops, giant arrow, ah well .... ;)
View attachment 259331

This is also really interesting as driveway and at the residence are very different given their property.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

August 10, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — It has now been three months since a Chaffee County mother disappeared. For the first time, a family member of the woman is speaking out to FOX21 News.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10th, on Mother’s Day in the town of Maysville, Colorado.

One of Suzanne’s family members says that they are worried Barry, Suzanne’s husband hasn’t told investigators everything he knows. Barry told the family he was working in Denver when Suzanne was reported missing and their girls were on a camping trip out of state.

Her family also wants everyone to shine a bright light to remind the public that she is still missing and just how much she’s loved. FOX21 received photos of people shining lights all across the country and world.

[..]

One of Suzanne’s family members is breaking their silence with the promise of anonymity. They’re worried Barry is tampering with the investigation.

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information.

[..]

Michelle Davis is a childhood friend of Suzanne’s. She also attended church together and the bond they formed there grew. They both dealt with cancer, each staying strong for the other.

“Getting to go through this journey of cancer to see where God had led us and it was encouraging words for her that day to get to go through this together,” Davis added.

Suzanne’s family says she beat Non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a young girl in her late teens. At the time, the family says doctors told Suzanne the harsh treatments meant children weren’t likely in her future.

“She lost her hair back then because I remember her getting a wig,” Davis recalled. “She didn’t expect to lose her hair this time but it just thinned a little bit. I did lose my hair. It wasn’t losing the hair that was the hard part it was others treating you differently. She was praying that she wouldn’t lose her hair this time so that Barry and the girls wouldn’t see her like that.”

[..]

Investigators were handing out flyers on Monday and asking anyone with information to call the tipline at (719) 312-7530. So far 700 tips have been collected. Investigators went to Indiana a few weeks ago which is where Suzanne and Barry grew up to question friends and family.

FOX21 has reached out to Barry many times for an interview or a statement but haven’t heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for a safe return – no questions asked.

ETA: ***
Maybe LE is handing out flyers in the area where Barry really was instead of where he claimed to be.

Spezze seems to have sent an email stating that he ‘has not released any information in regards to any component of the investigation. In that report it quotes family members and this is obviously unsubstantiated information. A problem is today’s media/social media world”.
I can’t tell if he’s splitting hairs here, or if he really did send an email; why would he bother to respond.
I was wondering if that was misinformation, (about the GPS data) since it wasn't mentioned by PE. The family apparently only agreed to speak to them and they seem to be very selective.

ETA Or at least information LE did not want revealed... Imo

Last edited:
And will you not be happy if he's found innocent? Will there be apologies?

Trust me when I say this is going to forever remain a hypothetical question, but I'm more than happy to answer:

I will be thrilled if BM is innocent.

As we all know all too well (waving at OJ and Casey here), being found "not guilty" in a court of law is not the same thing as being innocent. So, unless BM IS in fact innocent, I wouldn't be at ALL happy with him being found "not guilty" by a jury.

I want justice for Suzanne. Period.

The only axe I have to grind in this case is the one Lady Justice is wielding.
The fact that she's holding scales and not an axe, notwithstanding.

As far as apologies, put it this way:

I'll be more than happy to issue a full-throated apology to BM.
Right after I finish the one I'm going to give to Letecia Stauch.

JMO.

Here’s the missing persons flyer that investigators were distributing yesterday.

Thank you for sharing. The flyer makes me wonder if they purposely chose photos that highlight the jewelry that SM typically wore (without actually mentioning it). Maybe those pieces are missing. This is pure speculation & OMI.

BTW, I'm truly curious if anyone here can list one "criminal mastermind." Even better if you can list 4-5, so the rest of us know who is in this category.

I can't think of any and I study this stuff.

But if you can and they're not fictional characters (i.e., Tony Soprano or some others), did any of them up and murder their wives? I know we have a great collective database here and maybe my memory is failing me.

I'd include Bernie Madoff on that list. The sheer scale of his fraud was horrific, and -- yet -- at its core it was simply only a type of ponzi scheme. He did not kill anyone to my knowledge, though one of his sons committed suicide after the fraud was uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr