Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing. Why would LE (who have been so tight lipped) tell her family an important part of the investigation?
Did the family say investigators told them that? Who's to say BM didn't leak that tidbit to someone and it was repeated? Ala~ his verbal vomit in the Tyson Draper video ...

I was wondering the same thing. Why would LE (who have been so tight lipped) tell her family an important part of the investigation?

I must be looking at this differently. If authorities traveled to Indiana to specifically talk to SM's family and friends and gather more information for this investigation, I expect this would be a two-way conversation.

Authorities are not going to reveal any specific details to sacrifice the integrity of their investigation but I don't think they would have a problem telling a missing woman's father that his son in law of 26 years, the last person alleged to see his daughter, has not been all forthcoming. They're not made of stone.

Correct me if I'm wrong -- family said data collected from Barry’s truck did not match up with what he told investigators. They provided no details, and I don't think they have any more details.

The validity of data obtained from BM's truck will be proven in court, not here, by the family, or the media. And BM isn't required to prove anything. His damage was already done when he wasn't upfront, to begin with.

MOO

What's life like in their IN county court system under COVID-19? Virtual hearings backed up until Leaptember?

I don't like the thought of examining a witness over Zoom. Nope. I really don't...

Maybe delay is the only saving grace.

No, Hamilton County has been having in-person hearings for a while now. I was there for two guilty plea hearings yesterday. Judges are accommodating attorneys & parties who may be immuno-compromised or older by using remote hearings. Of course, a remote hearing also means that Barry Morphew may be able to participate from Colorado.

I must say, the Indiana county court systems that I've been in have handled Covid-19 pretty well. Marion County (Indianapolis) courts have mostly remote hearings; the sheer volume of cases would require full courtrooms, which isn't currently appropriate. Other counties are back to in-person hearings, though it's odd to see all the seats either missing or taped off.

Last edited:
BBM:

I know that the PE guys think that BM's use of the words "we" and "us" in the TD video might point to someone else being involved somehow in SM's disappearance, but I actually have a completely different take on it.

Using the plural "we" and "us" vs. the singular "I" or "me" is another example of distancing language.
To me, it's just BM trying to blend into the woodwork, and keep himself out of the spotlight.

When you want to minimize your role in something, one way of doing that is to pull other people into the equation.

When you don't want to be credited for having spearheaded an action plan, you take safety in numbers.
"We" got concerned and decided to call the police, just to be on the safe side.

Clearly, BM doesn't want to be associated with anything going on in Salida that day, but he can't keep himself out of it completely, because LE knows that he spoke with both his daughters and his neighbor that day.

BM can't deny his role in pulling the neighbor into the bike narrative, but he can try to mitigate it.

He can't completely distance himself from the investigation into SM's disappearance, but he can try to dilute his level of involvement by adding others in the mix.

Any time I hear BM say "we" in the TD video, I automatically insert the word "I" and then look at what he's just said, because it's likely something he really doesn't want to be associated with, which means it's an indicator of something important r/t her disappearance.

I agree with the PE guys that BM's frequent use of the plural is a huge red flag.

I disagree with them about why it's a red flag.

It's the royal "we" he's talking about, because he doesn't want to take sole ownership of anything that's happening related to SM's disappearance.

JMO.
That's very similar to the way I interpreted it. It's his way of not quite taking accountability. He still gets the message out without directly implicating or drawing attention to himself.

I don't think it's an indication that others are involved, either.

Imo

Weird -- all the DM links to SM (including outside of WS) are going to the "Lake Como with the Clooney's" story....:eek:

First time in history I've seen DM pull a story.
Agreed.
Usually they just disable comments.
Theory : Maybe BM's side of the family threatened them w/legal action or worse, and the DM owner was genuinely alarmed ?
Suzanne may very well be deceased and no one else wants to be next.
Imo.

Iirc early, very early on, it was said he was going for wildfire training. This was refuted by someone who said they did not have training on Sunday. So did BM have to scramble for another alibi?
bbm
It appears that way.

In the TD video BM said he told Suzanne that he planned to work on MD and that he claims she was ok with that.
We have no proof whatsoever that this talk to his wife occurred or if so, when it happened --Sun morning or the night before.
Some people have difficulty thinking anything through.
There's bound to be slip-ups in Suzanne's case.
Imo.

Iirc early, very early on, it was said he was going for wildfire training. This was refuted by someone who said they did not have training on Sunday. So did BM have to scramble for another alibi?
Believe that was always a Daily Mail error. They conflated his being a volunteer fireman with he must be training. MOO BM always said it was a job in Denver.
MOO it was elective on BMs part to go early on MD to "set up" the job.

BBM:

I know that the PE guys think that BM's use of the words "we" and "us" in the TD video might point to someone else being involved somehow in SM's disappearance, but I actually have a completely different take on it.

Using the plural "we" and "us" vs. the singular "I" or "me" is another example of distancing language.
To me, it's just BM trying to blend into the woodwork, and keep himself out of the limelight.

When you want to minimize your role in something, one way of doing that is to pull other people into the equation.

When you don't want to be credited for having spearheaded an action plan, you take safety in numbers.
"We" got concerned and decided to call the police, just to be on the safe side.

Clearly, BM doesn't want to be associated with anything going on in Salida that day, but he can't keep himself out of it completely, because LE knows that he spoke with both his daughters and his neighbor that day.

BM can't deny his role in pulling the neighbor into the bike narrative, but he can try to mitigate it.

He can't completely distance himself from the investigation into SM's disappearance, but he can try to downplay his level of involvement by adding others in the mix.

Any time I hear BM say "we" in the TD video, I automatically insert the word "I" and then look at what he's just said, because it's likely something he really doesn't want to be associated with, which means it's an indicator of something important r/t her disappearance.

I agree with the PE guys that BM's frequent use of the plural is a huge red flag.

I disagree with them about why it's a red flag.

It's the royal "we" he's talking about, because he doesn't want to take sole ownership of anything that's happening related to SM's disappearance.

JMO.
To me, he is just trying to imply he on the team with law enforcement.

Agreed.
Usually they just disable comments.
Theory : Maybe BM's side of the family threatened them w/legal action or worse, and the DM owner was genuinely alarmed ?
Suzanne may very well be deceased and no one else wants to be next.
Imo.
Or maybe Suzanne's side of the family complained. They seemed to consider carefully before selecting PE to do the story, and they specifically said the family gave them "permission" to share details with the public.

Knowing how the DM makes so many errors, maybe they revealed something the family didn't want known? I didn't see the article but I imagine if they added some speculation the family might have an issue with that.

Or maybe they are just having technical difficulties. Would the family really have the power to prevent them from posting an article?

This must be very uncomfortable for them after everything that's just come out.

I think the PE host's [cryptic] intention was to make two cars parked in the driveway an issue.

We were told they did not belong to BM. So, just how many vehicles can BM own personally -- I took this to mean they did not belong to any of the Morphew family.

It doesn't follow that two Morphew vehicles in the driveway would be of any significance here unless the vehicles belonged to a third party.
In the PE video MK says the two cars were parked in the driveway, and CM says at the residence, so not sure which it is. Just putting up a pic with red arrow pointing to what I would call the driveway, found a Google Earth image .... so if the cars were there I would find that more noteworthy and of suspicion than if they were parked at "the residence", house area ... just MOO
PS: Not too good with adding markers to images, whoops, giant arrow, ah well .... ;)
driveway-residence.png

Last edited:
What's life like in their IN county court system under COVID-19? Virtual hearings backed up until Leaptember?

I don't like the thought of examining a witness over Zoom. Nope. I really don't...

Maybe delay is the only saving grace.

Now that the family is speaking out I'm hoping they they will file an "objection" to the proposed guardianship. I would think they had to be notified. I'm not sure

Did you mean physical reprisal (which would entail some sort of interstate conspiracy) or some sort of financial reprisal, having to do with any Moorman assets partly owned by Suzanne?
None of the above.

Allow me to remind you of your comment:
"If none of the Moorman family seeks to take part in or objects to the petition, they are -- in essence -- acquiescing to the guardianship.
Indeed, this is the perfect opportunity to call Barry as a witness in a hearing, under oath, to answer questions. If the Moorman family doesn't involve itself in the guardianship proceeding, then I will wonder how strong their suspicions of Barry really are."

If the family choses not to involve themselves --it could be because they may have fear of reprisal.

Contemporary English definition of Fear of Reprisal: "Something violent or harmful which you do to punish someone for something bad they have done to you... revenge, retaliation They didn't tell the police for fear of reprisal."

Edit: And as Truecolors pointed out this family member believes that he killed their loved one, they’d be justified in being cautious. Don’t poke the bear, as they say.

They believe that Barry would physically harm them? I don't view Barry as some sort of criminal mastermind.
You’re absolutely right! BM is no criminal mastermind. However, it is apparent he has a short fuse and has resorted to assault in the past. That may in fact give SM’s relatives pause. As always, JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*