Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5am is about an hour before sunrise that time of year. Early enough to be dark, but late enough to be a plausible time to head out to work. Plus the "she was sleeping" excuse you mention. So if he needed to have a plausible excuse for his truck being on the road near that time, but still having the cover of dark during that time to not be spotted somewhere...5am is a convenient time to leave.

Also one other comment...for those that don't know the terrain in this area, it's very, very rough. Unfortunately, I think finding a body, even if near the home, could be incredibly difficult. Plus there could be lots of places on the way to Denver...

Welcome sleuth782.:):):)
Your comments about 5am are spot on.
Let us hope, finding the body is achieved by hard work by LE, with mistakes left by the culprit.

Sorta like CW, whole family missing but what the hey.

Or like PF, about the murdered KB, "People go missing every day!!!&$!!" -- as if he was totally surprised that anyone would worry about where KB was. A mother of a one-year-old, a pilot trainer, with friends and family galore . . . can't you just see the devaluation of these women in real time? The attitude is: "Who'd look for HER?" Pretty disgusting.

I remember when Tricia gave us latitude with Leticia Stauch. Although she was not a suspect or a POI she acted like one.

And now Tricia made a thread specific exception on here to allow us to discuss Barry as a POI as he is obviously being treated publicly as one by LE even though they have not officially named him as one.

We saw how this turned out with Leticia Stauch, it's a matter of time how this will turn out for BM.

RBBM Yes, @LietKynes. Now you’ve got me thinking again.
And why that lame YT video that hardly anyone would see when he could have spread information about his wife to the world via a press conference with LE?
Because it was too soon?
Why the secrecy?
It just occurred to me that maybe BM knew someone had seen him somewhere he shouldn’t have been or doing something he shouldn’t have been doing during the crucial hours when SM went missing. It was someone he didn’t know, but BM was afraid a memory would be jogged if that person saw him again on tv or in the press. Under pressure he made the YT video so it would look like he was doing something to help find his wife. In reality, it was ineffective. And, except for the TD video, no one has really seen BM publicly since.
Is BM hoping memories will fade over time?
MOO

BBM above.
Great reasoning, about BM not being seen immediately 'missing' was announced.
Memories do fade.

Well, IF that may be the case, I hope BM's 'inner circle' will talk to LE or do they just support the poor guy.
MOO.

I’m certain his inner circle sees him as unjustly targeted, and shares his outrage.

The Michael Peterson documentary, The Staircase, was interesting to show these family dynamics, including what happens when the family of the deceased wife begins to blame the husband.

MOO

I’m wondering about sunglasses being the item (specifically the ones in the original photo), especially because along with AirPods, they could both be described as singular or plural items. But I guess it would take time to definitively prove that the sunglasses were Suzanne’s unless there was an identifier or some sort. I want to think about the bike again, and why LE refused to discuss the bike at all. Why can’t they say a bike was found in their search? Period. There has to be a reason, right?

Last edited:
I want to circle back around to Saturday night, mid evening, when SM went radio silent.

Again I would like to know if she straight away tried to contact BM. As I said before in my cell phone I have my friend's husband's numbers and my friends boyfriends numbers. You better believe if my best friend went radio silent I be contacting one of the guys, and right away.

If she did try to get ahold of him, did he ignore it, did he answer it, if he did answer what did he say??

I've been thinking about Suzanne's conversation on Saturday before Mother's Day. PE guys report that it began in the afternoon and continued til the evening, iirc. The topic was an upcoming wedding that she hoped to attend. I can imagine that she was really enjoying the long conversation, perhaps even confiding to her friend about her own problems.
I think that if BM was home, that could have really gotten on his nerves, her long conversation with her friend. Imo, BM wanted everything to revolve are him and his wants. I could see him grabbing the phone from her. He could have read some of her texts, or not. But maybe that long conversation itself was the catalyst for his aggression. Moo of course.

I wondering about sunglasses being the item (specifically the ones in the original photo), especially because along with AirPods, they could both be described as singular or plural items. But I guess it would take time to definitively prove that the sunglasses were Suzanne’s unless there was an identifier or some sort. I want to think about the bike again, and why LE refused to discuss the bike at all. Why can’t they say a bike was found in their search? Period. There has to be a reason, right?
Let's say for argument's sake no bike was involved, but we have a missing woman.

The police would be doing exactly what they are doing right now. To me and my own opinion that means why muddy the waters with the bike when it didn't happen that way anyway.

Plus I like how Gordianknot said ---what LE has been doing lately shows they are sending messages to the perpetrator. Who ever he may be.
moo

I wondering about sunglasses being the item (specifically the ones in the original photo), especially because along with AirPods, they could both be described as singular or plural items. But I guess it would take time to definitively prove that the sunglasses were Suzanne’s unless there was an identifier or some sort. I want to think about the bike again, and why LE refused to discuss the bike at all. Why can’t they say a bike was found in their search? Period. There has to be a reason, right?

I have wondered that, too. Best I can figure, maybe BM was a little too overbearing from the start, insisting on his own interpretation of clues. Perhaps it is their way of showing him who's in charge of the investigation. Moo

I've been thinking about Suzanne's conversation on Saturday before Mother's Day. PE guys report that it began in the afternoon and continued til the evening, iirc. The topic was an upcoming wedding that she hoped to attend. I can imagine that she was really enjoying the long conversation, perhaps even confiding to her friend about her own problems.
I think that if BM was home, that could have really gotten on his nerves, her long conversation with her friend. Imo, BM wanted everything to revolve are him and his wants. I could see him grabbing the phone from her. He could have read some of her texts, or not. But maybe that long conversation itself was the catalyst for his aggression. Moo of course.
Oddly, some ppl go bat shyte crazy when they realize that their spouses have easy, warm and comfortable relationships which pretty much exclude them. IE the woman, generally, can have fun and be happy without the guy constantly being consulted.

Last edited:
Let's say for argument's sake no bike was involved, but we have a missing woman.

The police would be doing exactly what they are doing right now. To me and my own opinion that means why muddy the waters with the bike when it didn't happen that way anyway.

Plus I like how Gordianknot said ---what LE has been doing lately shows they are sending messages to the perpetrator. Who ever he may be.
moo
ITA. Even if they are not doing it intentionally, one would still have to stop and think. I would think there is so much stress right now.

RBBM Yes, @LietKynes. Now you’ve got me thinking again.
And why that lame YT video that hardly anyone would see when he could have spread information about his wife to the world via a press conference with LE?
Because it was too soon?
Why the secrecy?
It just occurred to me that maybe BM knew someone had seen him somewhere he shouldn’t have been or doing something he shouldn’t have been doing during the crucial hours when SM went missing. It was someone he didn’t know, but BM was afraid a memory would be jogged if that person saw him again on tv or in the press. Under pressure he made the YT video so it would look like he was doing something to help find his wife. In reality, it was ineffective. And, except for the TD video, no one has really seen BM publicly since.
Is BM hoping memories will fade over time?
MOO
Agree. Points to something possibly being seen outside the Salida media area.

I want to circle back around to Saturday night, mid evening, when SM went radio silent.

Again I would like to know if she straight away tried to contact BM. As I said before in my cell phone I have my friend's husband's numbers and my friends boyfriends numbers. You better believe if my best friend went radio silent I be contacting one of the guys, and right away.

If she did try to get ahold of him, did he ignore it, did he answer it, if he did answer what did he say??

She very well could have tried to call him when she couldn't reach Suzanne. If she did, I'm so afraid that he was too busy to answer his phone. Moo

Oddly, some spouses go bat shyte crazy when they realize that their spouses have easy, warm and comfortable relationships which pretty much exclude them. IE the woman, generally, can have fun and be happy without the guy constantly butting in.
This is so true!!
And this is a deadly combination for the woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko