Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we are expected to believe that BM left a peacefully sleeping SM at 5 AM on Mother’s Day.

SM then wakes up, goes about her day, NEVER responding to the friend that she abruptly stopped messaging, NEVER responding to “Happy Mothers Day” texts from her girls, and NEVER sending any “Happy Mother’s Day” messages to anyone else.

SM just decided at some point to go on a bike ride that day, and coincidentally disappear. That has to be the luckiest abductor EVER for all the stars to align so perfectly.

Nope. I just can’t believe the abduction scenario. The more I think about it, the more I think that this was not premeditated. We have NO idea all of the evidence that LE has, but the little we do know appears to be somewhat sloppy, IMO.

Something alerted LE very early on, and I’m thinking a lot of it has to do with inconsistencies in the story and timeline.

All JMO of course. I do hope that LE is close to finding Suzanne.

Yes, premeditated.
Having no details about SM after the messaging, not answering family calls, indicates that the bike scenario, was 'part of a plan'.

Perhaps BM now will 'accidently' state, SM was often so focused on her bike rides, she ignored things happening around her, as on MD.:rolleyes:
MOO.

^^bbm
I don't believe this true. One away at college applies but the minor child lived at home normally according to one father that was intent on stopping that rumor.
Remember SM’s friend from the gym in Salida saying how she saw SM at Walmart one day?

I said, ‘How are you, how are the girls?’ And she was telling me about how much fun she and the girls were having cooking and planning meals every day, and how much she was cherishing this time with both of her daughters.”

During a time of panic and confusion, Wooddell indicated, Suzanne put her family first.

IMO both daughters had been home for the weeks leading up to Mother’s Day because schools were closed due to pandemic. JMO

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

Or like PF, about the murdered KB, "People go missing every day!!!&$!!" -- as if he was totally surprised that anyone would worry about where KB was. A mother of a one-year-old, a pilot trainer, with friends and family galore . . . can't you just see the devaluation of these women in real time? The attitude is: "Who'd look for HER?" Pretty disgusting.
Exactly what I was thinking too @Goldenseal

My opinion on this, Barry thought if he was unnamed, without a picture, then this whole thing would just blow over and no one would trouble themselves to find Suzanne. He could keep on keepin’ on, as is, with no inconvenience to himself.

IMO
I agree, and to piggy back off this thought... I also believe TN had reservations about someone's innocence from the get go. He also did not want to be on camera or have his image used. Something in the back of his head was keeping him from going all in. IMO

I agree, and to piggy back off this thought... I also believe TN had reservations about someone's innocence from the get go. He also did not want to be on camera or have his image used. Something in the back of his head was keeping him from going all in. IMO
I like your observation. And he knew BM and Suzanne well, it seemed. Moo

ITA. First of all, many of us here on WS hop on this thread daily. We think of SM often. We wonder what happened to her and who is responsible. However, many in the general public never heard of SM or know anything about her disappearance. This became quite apparent when TD tried to do some street interviews in Salida. A lot of people didn’t even know what he was talking about.
Also, SM disappeared on MD. The weather is getting warmer and people are more apt to come down for the weekend to enjoy their second homes or their favorite getaway spot. They may have left before news of SM’s disappearance even broke. Now they are back again and see the new posters and see LE talking to folks. They could have a moment of remembrance: Hey, that was the weekend when we were here. Remember the ________ we saw?
And to your second point @GordianKnot, it could definitely be a great strategic move. Whoever is responsible for disappearing SM must hate this! Every time things settle down and they begin to relax a little, along comes LE stirring things all up again. What a nerve!
Great points @OldCop !!!
And yes I luv @GordianKnot stating it could definitely be a great strategic move. You are right, whoever is responsible for disappearing SM must hate this!!!!

I've been thinking about Suzanne's conversation on Saturday before Mother's Day. PE guys report that it began in the afternoon and continued til the evening, iirc. The topic was an upcoming wedding that she hoped to attend. I can imagine that she was really enjoying the long conversation, perhaps even confiding to her friend about her own problems.
I think that if BM was home, that could have really gotten on his nerves, her long conversation with her friend. Imo, BM wanted everything to revolve are him and his wants. I could see him grabbing the phone from her. He could have read some of her texts, or not. But maybe that long conversation itself was the catalyst for his aggression. Moo of course.

I wonder if BM might have been working Saturday on that job site (the one LE dug up) and him being away, gave SM the freedom to have a very interactive text conversation with her friend throughout the day.

Maybe with the kids out of town and a long days work, BM went to dinner at a bar & grill in Salida, stayed late having a bunch of drinks and came home and blew his top for one reason or another.

MOO.

Last edited:
I wonder if BM might have been working Saturday in that job site and him being away, gave SM the freedom to have a very interactive text conversation with her friend.

Maybe with the kids out of town and a long days work, BM went to dinner at a bar & grill in Salida, stayed late having a bunch of drinks and came home and blew his top for one reason or another.

MOO.

Your idea that he was away from home while she spent the day texting would make sense. And a hot temper and drinks don't mix well. Maybe we will have the blanks filled in soon. Moo

I am considering this case from a legal standpoint. We have first amendment rights to discuss reports of media, including statements by anonymous sources. And the media has a first amendment freedom of the press.

You may consider it “trite” to state that this is not a courtroom. It’s a message board. I disagree. What happens in a court of law is crucial. No anonymous statement would be evidence in court.

But we have the right to discuss this information and give it whatever weight we would like. No one here is deciding a POI’s fate. If the media is spreading false information or wrongly targeting an innocent person, they can be sued.

In the meantime, we are going to continue to discuss things that would make many criminal defense attorneys squirm.

You don't have to be in the media to be sued for slander or libel. I currently have a case that originated on Instagram.

SM and people posting potentially libel/slanderous things on these platforms are increasingly being exposed to civil liability, even if someone is posting their opinion or speculating. If it turns out to be false, liability could follow...IMO

Good point. It’s a Sunday, let alone Mother’s Day. He could’ve at least slept in with her and had breakfast together before spending the rest of the day in Denver.

Maybe 5 am because it allows him to avoid describing events of the morning with SM. She was sleeping.

MOO, speculation.
When I hear , See was sleeping , it reminds of Billie Dunn saying "she looked in on Hailey Dunn the morning she was never seen again and she was sleeping. That case is old but Billie's words have stuck in my brain for years .

He doesn’t strike me as having an intelligence quotient high enough to have one.

:) That may be true - I liked an earlier post where someone could picture him scratching his head and writing out the note - but he possibly thinks he has - did a little reading bout it - typically effects males more than females, thought to be rooted in either excessive pampering/criticism from parents and someone with such a complex can be volatile - just made me think :)

When I hear , See was sleeping , it reminds of Billie Dunn saying "she looked in on Hailey Dunn the morning she was never seen again and she was sleeping. That case is old but Billie's words have stuck in my brain for years .
But in Hailey’s case, I think it was Billie’s boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, the last one to see her “walking towards her dad’s house”. And who I think killed her.

We've discussed these before but it is always good to refresh them...

1. Relatives SM are concerned that Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew might know more than he is telling investigators.

2. BM had twice refused a polygraph test.

3. They also claimed data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.

4. CrimeOnline has requested further specifics about a “critical analysis” test that Barry declined, according to the relative’s account.

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew refused polygraph test; truck data doesn’t line up with alibi, family member says

:) That may be true - I liked an earlier post where someone could picture him scratching his head and writing out the note - but he possibly thinks he has - did a little reading bout it - typically effects males more than females, thought to be rooted in either excessive pampering/criticism from parents and someone with such a complex can be volatile - just made me think :)
Interesting, he has such poor grammar and writing skills...

If SM was discussing an upcoming wedding with a friend, naturally discussions surrounding relationships, love, etc. may come up. If SM expressed unflattering commentary about BM, perhaps this upset him...

Another idea is that perhaps SM expected a certain level of treatment for Mothers Day, but BM disagreed, thinking he is the breadwinner, but "she is only a stay at home mom". This could be the source of an argument.

Or perhaps the move to Colorado continued to be a source of tension. Perhaps he felt she wasn't appreciative of their expensive home and his hard work.

Any number of things can spark an argument between a couple.

Of course LE know the content of any messages with the friend, which might provide some clue.

You don't have to be in the media to be sued for slander or libel. I currently have a case that originated on Instagram.

SM and people posting potentially libel/slanderous things on these platforms are increasingly being exposed to civil liability, even if someone is posting their opinion or speculating. If it turns out to be false, liability could follow...IMO
Who do you sue? The account holder or the person who made the online post? They are not always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member