Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you and see that my post was not clear, my apologies. Everything you say is true, I believe he gave his all in looking for Suzanne. He was the only person speaking to the media and trying his best to find someone that he clearly loved. The G** me was also well intentioned and from the heart IMO.
Two things did strike me though. First when he did not want his face shown in the news ... I believe (of course this is all just my impression) that he had some doubt regarding BMs innocence. Maybe he heard or witnessed his temper before. I don't know. Secondly, he denied naming himself as BMs nephew or referring to BM as his Uncle, yet called Suzanne his Aunt. It was significant to me.
bbm
I remember that from the beginning of the case.

If my loved one went missing, the last thing I'd be worried about is people seeing my face; but some people are more private than others and that's fine.
I'll admit the bolded is curious.

He doesn’t strike me as having an intelligence quotient high enough to have one.

To me it’s not so much a God complex as an alpha-male Gaston complex...Amirite or what?! :D

Personality of Gaston is strong and handsome, and is all too aware of this. He is hailed as a local hero, desired by many of the young women of his village (he is even described as “cute, dreamy and handsome”) but he is really boorish, uncultured and egotistical.

Like you, I also believe that TN was sincere in his love and devotion for Suzanne. I can’t help but wonder what happened and why we no longer hear from him.

If he was close to Suzanne, maybe he spoke with her family and heard some things that concerned him. He may have gone quiet for the same reasons her family stayed quiet.

MOO

BBM:

Oh, yes, absolutely!
According to BM, they searched a 200-mile radius!

Not to mention, he put out a 27-second video!!

Honestly, I don't know what more anyone could possibly expect of the man.

He's been incredibly busy.
It's not like he didn't have guardianship papers to file, and real estate deals to close, and workouts at the gym to do, or anything.

Yeesh…let's give the guy a break, already!

JMO.

Ahh I have a deep & never ending love of sarcasm. :)

To me it’s not so much a God complex as an alpha-male Gaston complex...Amirite or what?! :D

Personality of Gaston is strong and handsome, and is all too aware of this. He is hailed as a local hero, desired by many of the young women of his village (he is even described as “cute, dreamy and handsome”) but he is really boorish, uncultured and egotistical.

Nailed it! :p:D

Yes!! This has been so shocking behavior. As OldCop stated, "BM was never mentioned by name for days following her disappearance nor showed his face for a whole week..."
Ita.
So sad that there's such a lack of urgency on the husband's part, to find her.
Just a simple press conference and updates and including BM and LE would go far.
But imo that will not be happening.
LE's actions and lack of updates would indicate they're on the right track.

So the family of the missing person, including the spouse actually did put forth significant search efforts? There seem to be claims that nothing, or not enough, has been done by the family of the missing person. IMO the family was very active in search efforts early on.
We all come from a different place and situation and in your world a few days of looking for a missing wife would be considered enough. That's not how I roll but who am I to judge.

Respectfully snipped.
So, what have we heard from TN lately? Has something changed?
I am going to respectfully disagree here. TN actually did go all in, spoke to reporters and searched for days. I think that there was a lack of early coverage for this case, especially nationally, and we might not appreciate the work of the family because of it.
^^rsbm

Thanks for providing the transcript of TN's media contact/report on May 14.

I believe OP (and others - myself included) understand TN's first report as the family spokesperson was on May 13, and there has been no further word from the spokesperson since May 17 or the date BM released him FB video plea.

Reportedly, he has also not acknowledged any contact attempts by media in the specific manner and/or terms he previously defined for the press.

I think the transcript provided in your post is a very good representation of 'going all out' before coming to an unexpected halt after only 4 days.

MOO

I disagree that LE works in this manner of holding off an arrest to poke the suspect, with a hope and a prayer the perp will make a full confession, and if that doesn't work, drop the hammer.

There is no recovered body here. And there must also be insufficient evidence of a crime. Otherwise, this would not still be classified as a missing person investigation. If there is any poking, it will be to take the suspect off his game where he will make a mistake and provide investigators with more evidence that can move the investigation closer to probable cause to arrest the suspect. MOO
I agree they are trying to get a response. I thought in the beginning they were QUIET hoping the “suspect” would feel safe and make a mistake. Maybe he did?
In the past year I have learned LE will do a lot of things I didn’t think they would do - like LIE, not just withhold information, to the suspect and the public to make their case and get what they need to convict the perp.

I am going to respectfully disagree here. TN actually did go all in, spoke to reporters and searched for days. I think that there was a lack of early coverage for this case, especially nationally, and we might not appreciate the work of the family because of it. Not much footage of the community searches exist, so it’s hard to get a feel for the atmosphere and intensity. But the family WAS working hard and reaching out.
TN called into KUSA for a phone interview several days after SM’s disappearance. He said that he and the family had been out day and night with search crews looking for his aunt. I’ve transcribed his comments. “Every morning early we’ve been gathering and creating a game plan, and we just sent a bunch of teams out. We have our biggest crew yet today going out. Again. We’re working all day from when the sun comes up til the sun comes down, scouring every hill, every creek , every watershed looking for our beloved family member, (voice cracks) my Aunt Suzanne. We’re going everywhere. We have teams going into towns, and into remote mountainous areas and everyplace in between, scouring the area looking for any clue. And that’s the game plan. And we are gathering together at the end of each day, or as we can throughout (the day).. and compiling everything that we find. And building a stronger plan for the next day and going out with a more coordinated effort.”
“She is the sweetest, most loving person. She’s my aunt and the most wonderful, loving, beautiful person inside and out and we need her back to us now”
On May 14, he had an interview with CBS4Denver... “It’s really tough physically. It’s taxing up and down these hills. And it’s emotionally draining you know being with family and still being empty handed. We want to leave our options open, and we want to make sure we cover every hill...and know that everyone out here is doing everything they possibly can to find her. And if there is a chance she could hear this maybe, I want her to know that the family wants her back and we love her. We’re out there working for her”.

Someone remind me again:

When was the last time TN, or any of #TeamBarry for that matter, updated the official Find SM FB page?

Yeah. They're working for her, all right.

JMO.

Last edited:
Maybe BM put a kibosh on the picture posting for some reason. MOO.
True, it could have been his idea, but I can’t figure out what excuse he would use to convince her not to include him in the pictures. Having pictures posted with your wife on social media would definitely hurt his image if he’s out on the town in Denver and his prospects are doing what many women do these days - investigating :rolleyes:

BBM:

Oh, yes, absolutely!
According to BM, they searched a 200-mile radius!

Not to mention, he put out a 27-second video!!

Honestly, I don't know what more anyone could possibly expect of the man.

He's been incredibly busy.
It's not like he didn't have guardianship papers to file, and real estate deals to close, and workouts at the gym to do, or anything.

Yeesh…let's give the guy a break, already!

JMO.
It was exhaustive. Nothing more could be done.

Someone remind me again:

When was the last time TN, or any of #TeamBarry for that matter, updated the official Find SM FB page?

JMO.

Seriously. I was looking at that page today and I think the last post was 1 week after SM disappeared. Even the Gimme fund was managed longer than that page was. So strange.

True, it could have been his idea, but I can’t figure out what excuse he would use to convince her not to include him in the pictures. Having pictures posted with your wife on social media would definitely hurt his image if he’s out on the town in Denver and his prospects are doing what many women do these days - investigating :rolleyes:
Possibly, it wasn't presented as a choice? MOO.

Anyone find any evidence of these massive searches by the family of BM? Pictures, media coverage, tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram? Anything ? because I’ve been on this case from early on and other than these quotes by the nephew of the searches- I’ve never seen any evidence they happened and we certainly haven’t received an accounting of the crowdfunding which supported these searches as was promised IMO- why is that? Well I’m going to guess it’s because NONE happened and everyone stepped away Real quick except for a few ...
I welcome the evidence that these massive searches took place as that would help me understand his behavior (and his family/friends) Right now? It so reminds me of a few other husbands we are familiar with...and they are in jail or dead
JMO

We've discussed these before but it is always good to refresh them...

1. Relatives SM are concerned that Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew might know more than he is telling investigators.

2. BM had twice refused a polygraph test.

3. They also claimed data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.

4. CrimeOnline has requested further specifics about a “critical analysis” test that Barry declined, according to the relative’s account.

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew refused polygraph test; truck data doesn’t line up with alibi, family member says

Adding that Lauren Scharf further clarified in a reply on her Facebook post, it was CBI who had talked with SM’s relatives and was the source of the information regarding the data, polygraphs and voice critical analysis.
LS contacted CBI who then referred her back to the lead agency CCSO. Of course, standard reply...”ongoing investigation...”

Time for SM to be brought home!

It appears BM likes to control. and has quite a temper.
Now, with the happenings, his stress level is 'over the roof'.
I would think, BM will be aggressive, coming out with statements to support his previous facts.
LE are waiting...
MOO.
Even before the family member stated,
“He’s been in charge of what happens for a long time,” they said.
I noticed a look of intensity in photos - he looks on edge, his jaw is set, and he almost appears to be gritting his teeth.
I think BM controlled everyone around him, and had no use for anyone who refused to comply.
I have lots of “thoughts” about motives, too but personally I think it was pure and simple greed. He worked for all of it, it was his in his mind and he wasn’t sharing.
I think this last bout with cancer - being away from family and friends and the girls being older and leaving home - might have inspired her to want to find true happiness during the years she had left in her life.
I know it looked like she was happy, but things are not always as they appear, unfortunately.

Source of quote: ‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Someone remind me again:

JMO.
Ita.

Not to mention there hasn't been a photo or even brief description of -- "...a bunch of teams out...scouring every hill...every creek...taxing up and down these hills...".
No witnesses or pics of the search effort on the "Find Suzanne M." FB pages.
Nothing .
Not even a neighbor or local who witnessed these searches.

Although BM did appear to be wet and 'zombie like' according to the TD interview and previous video.
So I'll give him that.
But I doubt he was in the creek, looking for Suzanne.
What was he doing ?
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members