Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the family member may be trying to preserve a relationship with the girls. They must be very defensive of their Dad right now, I mean who wants to think their own Father killed their Mom?

That is true. Your answer is the type of reasoned explanation that does indeed give a possible reason as to why the Moormans aren't challenging the guardianship. It's a definite possibility and one that I hadn't considered.

Not saying she was happy or unhappy but you can't tell how happy somebody is by their social media photos, I will always put on big smile for a family photo even if i am feeling terrible inside.
There are so many on WS that are missing, who put on a big smile, yet felt alone and are now missing.

One such is Tiffany Lazon....
Still missing although they found her dna on a saw...

BBM:

We have no idea whether or not BM's "concerns" about LE's handling of evidence are legitimate or not.

Bearing in mind that these complaints about "10 people" having touched the bike and LE having "screwed up" the investigation are coming from the same person who claimed to have searched a 200-mile radius and that his friend who "knew more about this stuff than anybody" had done 400 tours of Iraq/Afghanistan.

Based on BM's apparent propensity for exaggerating the truth, I personally think the legitimacy of everything coming out of his mouth, including his claims about LE's handling of the evidence, is very much in question.

JMO.
BBM
This is going to get very interesting.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I stated that an unwillingness to challenge the guardianship petition is tantamount to agreeing to the guardianship. However, unwillingness to challenge the guardianship due to fear of reprisal would mean that they do not tacitly agree to the guardianship: they fear something else more.

If the type of supposed reprisal is reasonably feared, then I'm willing to back off of my belief that the Moormans tacitly agree to the guardianship. If the type of reprisal is unlikely, I'm less willing to do so.

My mind went to a fear of physical or financial reprisal. @Knox specifically brought up the possible reprisal of Barry Morphew cutting off the relationship between the Moormans & his daughters, something I had not considered, probably because my extended family isn't especially close. While that wouldn't be enough to deter me if I thought that a spouse injured my family member, it is a reasonable explanation in the case of a family that is close, like the Moormans seem to be. Given that possibility, I am willing to admit that the Moormans' not challenging the guardianship doesn't necessarily mean that they agree with the guardianship. They may indeed fear injury to their relationship with the Morphew daughters more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, Tate123. No matter how the conversation trailed off, it was unusual enough to alarm her friend, especially after she couldn't get in touch with Suzanne the next day.
Upsetting isn't it?!
So the next day when she couldn't get SM, what was Barry's response if she tried to call or text him??

In my phone right now I have phone numbers to my best friend's hubbys or boyfriends. You can bet I am going to be contacting their husband if I cant locate them.

So did she?
If so what was said to her by BM??

My passport is expired. Is there any site in the IT world that catalogues passports for J Q Public to see? I wonder if BM has a valid, current passport. If he does have one, flight to another country would be a concern to me.
JMO

You're correct that Barry Morphew could flee to another country with no extradition treaty. I'd want to know what percentage of his assets are in liquid investments/cash versus real estate, though. It would be much easier to flee & live a comfortable life if he has ready access to funds. If the bulk of his assets are in real estate, though, it becomes much more difficult to relocate.

I wonder if a part of the jewelry was found? Either the "personal item" or something at the job site, when they were sifting. Maybe just a part of a piece of jewelry, like a pendant part of a necklace or a piece of chain? The "personal item", if it was outside, something shiny in the ground covering could catch the eye, or if a metal detector was used. The gold bar necklace she's had on in a few pictures has a very fine chain. Maybe it's just one tiny link?

MOO
Hmmmm, could very well be a jewelry item. I will admit I am a lover of all things shiny and Suzanne's ring was gorgeous <and looked very expensive>.

Wouldn't it be great if 'someone' wanted that ring to sell, trade, etc. and removed it with hopes of recouping the $$$ in the future and LE has their hands on it now???? :D

Hmmmm, could very well be a jewelry item. I will admit I am a lover of all things shiny and Suzanne's ring was gorgeous <and looked very expensive>.

Wouldn't it be great if 'someone' wanted that ring to sell, trade, etc. and removed it with hopes of recouping the $$$ in the future and LE has their hands on it now???? :D
I noted way back, 100 threads ago, that diamond surely has a serial number that is recorded in more than one place. Would be very interesting if it turned up for sale.

ETA: @OldCop , would a serial number for a diamond generally worn on thefinger of a person who is missing be put on some sort of list? Would there be an alert out for it?

Exactly, Tate123. No matter how the conversation trailed off, it was unusual enough to alarm her friend, especially after she couldn't get in touch with Suzanne the next day.

Upsetting isn't it?!
So the next day when she couldn't get SM, what was Barry's response if she tried to call or text him??

In my phone right now I have phone numbers to my best friend's hubbys or boyfriends. You can bet I am going to be contacting their husband if I cant locate them.

So did she?
What if she called LE and they’ve known since the beginning about May 9? It could explain their early reaction - IMO

Upsetting isn't it?!

So did she?
Chris addressed the close friend at around 5:00 of the highlight video. He was very careful how he worded it, but he said said 'she has been con....(he broke off this word) diligently trying to find her girlfriend and has been communicating, but is not getting reciprocating type of responses. We believe that LE is aware of this.'

I noted way back, 100 threads ago, that diamond surely has a serial number that is recorded in more than one place. Would be very interesting if it turned up for sale.

ETA: @OldCop , would a serial number for a diamond generally worn on thefinger of a person who is missing be put on some sort of list? Would there be an alert out for it?
My diamond has a serial number micro-etched on it which comes in handy for insurance purposes. I do believe it would alert somehow.

I'm sure if someone wanted to slyly sale or trade it they wouldn't want to take it somewhere legit....I'm thinking much more clandestine.

Who acknowledged that the vehicles were unknown? Unknown to who? The neighbour or to Barry when the neighbour reported back? I don't even know which house the neighbour lived in. The two closest homes to the Morphew residence are on different roads it appears from an aerial view. Which ever house the neighbour lived in, it's a good bet that they didn't walk over to the Morphew residence, they probably drove there.

As someone said in an earlier post, the Morphew home could have been the staging area for those individual who went on the camping trip. It may have been the closest house to the highway so other members of the camping trip left their vehicles there. It's just so odd to me, if that's the case, that the owners of the vehicles wouldn't have identified them as their immediately and that fact would have been released much earlier. A perfectly innocent fact and one that would have no bearing on Suzanne's disappearance. Why are we only hearing about that 3 months after the fact?
Truth is we don’t know anything. Le haven’t shared what they have found. We were all just discussing the PE video. Nothing more.

So here is a theory on why LE could have been so quick to disregard the bike set up.

What if SM’s best friend, whom she was communicating with on 5/9 and then went silent, notified the police earlier in the day of 5/10. Something like:

-SM & best friend are communicating
-SM goes silent all of a sudden
-Best friend keeps trying to reach her the evening of 5/9 and can’t
-Best friend keeps trying to reach her the morning of 5/10 and can’t.
-Best friend tries to reach SM’s daughters but can’t since they are camping in ID and don’t have good reception
-Best friend tries BM but he’s not answering because “he is in Denver prepping a job” **cough, cough**
-Best friend calls LE and says she’s concerned for SM (say this happens mid day or early afternoon)
-LE says, ‘thanks for calling. It hasn’t even been 24 hours yet. Give it a little more time.’

Then everything else happens later in 5/10 as we know it.

Certainly very plausible.

I feel like finding a piece of jewelry in that location would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I feel like it's something bigger like her helmet, blue would really stand out in the brush or weeds.

It feels like the 2 items that have been found so far were both items that the perp wanted to be found. The bike because it takes LE away from the house, so it would stand to reason that the second item would be something that the perp wanted to be found and would tie in to the bike ride story.

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stories/suzanne-morphews-family-speaks-out-their-thoughts-three-months-after-her-disappearance/

“I’ll do anything to get you back,” Barry said in a video posted to Facebook on May 17."

"But a member of Suzanne’s family, with the promise of anonymity, told FOX21 News Barry has refused two polygraph tests and a critical analysis test. The family member also said data collected from Barry’s truck did not match up with what he told investigators."

"The Chaffee County Sheriff would not offer any insight on the information shared by that family member."

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

"Her family also wants everyone to shine a bright light to remind the public that she is still missing and just how much she’s loved. FOX21 received photos of people shining lights all across the country and world."

116901711_4550794231628156_5401714835816796123_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member