Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are not allowed. "Word on the street", Plunder and reddit are NOT approved sources. OP and all responses stemming from it have been removed.

You folks know that posting rumors is a violation of TOS so be prepared for temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges if it happens again.

Moderators and Admins are very busy and we get very tired of having to say the same things over and over again when every single member is responsible for familiarizing themselves with TOS and posting appropriately.

I am now concerned that BM is throwing his "good buddy" under the bus. If GD was my son I would encourage him to beat a path asap to LE and give them every little tidbit of information he knows about this whole tragedy. I fear the puppeteer is using GD, and GD is going to get burnt. GD is too close to the fire and needs to hire a lawyer to keep himself safe from victimization.
MOO
Maybe the PE guys are of the same mind as you on BM’s buddy. Chris’s message seemed to say, you’ve done these respectable things in the past and we are appreciative of your service, but there’s no reason to mess up your future over this. Come forward and talk.
MOO

**More BIG news from tonight**

The PE guys have just interviewed SM's Dad and her brother Andy.

And unlike BM, both her dad and brother allowed themselves to be recorded.

My heart is BREAKING for the Moorsman family and SM's daughters. The feeling of being gaslit by the person who is now using religion to explain to his wife's death/disappearance, the cruelty of this betrayal.... wishing so much I could pour light, comfort, and justice around this family today.:(

**More BIG news from tonight**

The PE guys have just interviewed SM's Dad and her brother Andy.

And unlike BM, both her dad and brother allowed themselves to be recorded.

My heart is BREAKING for the Moorsman family and SM's daughters. The feeling of being gaslit by the person who is now using religion to explain to his wife's death/disappearance, the cruelty of this betrayal.... wishing so much I could pour light, comfort, and justice around this family today.:(

BBM above.
What about the girls?
How are they?
Is this the worst thing that has happened to them?

So true. I feel like I read somewhere that BM encouraged the girls to go camping on Mother's Day weekend--or maybe it was a video? Does anyone else remember seeing that in a verified or trustworthy source?

“My buddy was there right after that, and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen to him and said, ‘this is not CSI,'” Barry said. “There’s no evidence for the investigators to see because the Sheriff’s Department completely obliterated it.”

i wonder why BM's little buddy fought so hard to protect the scene? at that time, since it was before barry even got back from denver, surely they had not jumped to the conclusion that a lion/ abductor/ accident- spot was a crime scene. why would they think that so early on?

Little Buddy’s cellphone rings on Sunday evening, May 10, 2020.
Hello?

Hey Buddy, it’s Barry.

Hey Barry, what’s up?

Listen, my wife is missing. She’s probably been abducted. My neighbor already called the cops. Can you take a ride over there and make sure they don’t screw everything up?
We need to protect any evidence.

Sure, Barry, I’ll head right over.

Great, I’m on my way. Call me if they find anything. See you when I get there.

MOO

Exactly. Because he could force his narrative on the ranger friend and hope it gets repeated to more friends ..and on and on.

And he STARTED as a victim--started with the victim story to his friend, so that set the focus on protecting BM rather than finding Suzanne early in the game. BM's defensiveness did not waste a minute in creating the counter-narrative of self-victimology we often see in men who believe that they were entitled to kill or take a life. I keep hearing "Oh Suzanne..." in my head as a warning... :(

Oh yes! And the next is the Bobcat mechanical “thing” he did, and so graciously revealed to all the world. :)
Barry keeps revealing to me, at least, that he is not all he cracks himself up to be. For instance, his apparent mistake about searching a 200 mile radius, when he probably meant diameter or even area. He's a contractor? If I myself made that mistake I would immediately correct it, just like we all do when we catch ourselves saying something obviously not correct, a measurement we learned in 4th grade, a bell goes off. Then, a puma dragging a 115 pound kill "up into the mountains". As I stated before, usually a predator will retreat to a decent distance, a football field or 2, then eat the prey.
I don't believe he has that much experience in the field, plus there would have been pieces of her clothing caught on branches and rocks. Also leaving at 5 am to go set up a construction site for 24 hours later. That was probably a lie anyway, but why would anyone buy that? Then the "mechanical thing". Even I wouldn't say that, I know next to nothing about engines/construction vehicles but if I did do something to one, like charge a battery, check the oil, or change a brake light bulb (yeah, basic knowledge here) that's what I would say to someone....I checked the oil, whatever. (Yes I know a couple of you have mentioned this vagueness of Barry's re the mechanical "thing", to my mind it's just another way of hiding what he was doing to the bobcat. Meaning it is important, imo.)

Anyway, i don't think this is any mountain man hunter, or math wizard, or particular outdoors person at all.

Last edited:
Yes it’s poetic, isn’t it? :rolleyes:

Yes. It is. [insert weeping emoji] As a "professional" poet, I am both nodding and staring at my screen in horror.

Also: who on earth thinks they can tell a story about a mountain lion or bobcat that doesn't include massive amounts of forensic evidence left behind on a road, a bike, the ground, etc? BM has invented an imaginary monster to hide the real one.

PS If you want to have a retirement plan, please do not become a professional poet. It is even less useful than my philosophy degree. :D One tiny benefit: I pay much closer attention to language and how people use words than I did before I became a writer, and everything in BM's words worries me. He distances himself from SM and her life. He is finished with her.

I believe BM was confused by military lingo, perhaps exaggerates a little in general and is just proud of his buddy.

I'm proud and grateful for his buddy and his service. Sadly, I see Barry as a self-serving opportunist. An elite Army Ranger would come in handy when trying to push a narrative.

Last edited:
What we didn't hear-
  • I can't sleep in our bed at night, my wife isn't next to me.
  • I can't stop thinking about where she might be and who has her.
  • I'm so worried about my daughters and their safety, I refuse to let them out of my sight.
  • I spent our 26th wedding anniversary without my wife.
Yes let’s focus on what wasn’t said (or not reported). It’s so much easier to make things up that way.

I think of my own Dad, who has passed. These are men from a certain generation, private, less involved in their children’s day to day than many of us are. I saw photos of Suzanne with her Dad, and I saw love. Her father spoke for her. I am sure my Dad would have done the same-very uncomfortably, which makes it so much more difficult to watch. This man wants to make sure his baby is found, before he departs this earth. And Suzanne’s brother wants to do this for him, for his sister. This is the emotion that was missing. Suzanne does have a voice.

“The Sheriff’s Department screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and now they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,” he said.

For me, the quote above is the most revealing statement BM made during his latest “interview”. Confirms he has not been cleared by LE and that he is still a suspect.

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
That statement makes no sense to me. He's focusing on one small aspect of the investigation that occurred in the beginning upon finding the bike. Can his thinking really be that narrow that he thinks that is the only thing that is significant? Considering all the agencies involved and all the investigative work since then, he thinks everything has been a cover up based on one initial mistake? All agencies involved are participating in this cover up? He can't really believe that.

The circumstances around the bike seem to be the only thing that is important to him. What evidence does he believe was there that they missed or destroyed? He's been stuck on that from the beginning and it's very telling.

IMO

Barry keeps revealing to me, at least, that he is not all he cracks himself up to be. For instance, his apparent mistake about searching a 200 mile radius, when he probably meant diameter or even area. If I myself made that mistake I would immediately correct it, just like we all do when we catch ourselves saying something obviously not correct, a bell goes off. Then, a puma dragging a 115 pound kill "up into the mountains". As I stated before, usually a predator will retreat to a decent distance, a football field or 2, then eat the prey.
I don't believe he has that much experience in the field, plus there would have been pieces of her clothing caught on branches and rocks. Also leaving at 5 am to go set up a construction site for 24 hours later. That was probably a lie anyway, but why would anyone buy that? Then the "mechanical thing". Even I wouldn't say that, I know next to nothing about engines but if I did do something to one, like charge a battery, check the oil, or change a brake light bulb (yeah, basic knowledge here) that's what I would say to someone....I checked the oil, whatever. (Yes I know a couple of you have mentioned this vagueness of Barry's re the mechanical "thing", to my mind it's just another way of hiding what he was doing to the bobcat. Meaning it is important, imo.)

Anyway, i don't think this is any mountain man hunter, or math wizard, or particular outdoors person at all.
Vagueness is BM's way of ensuring (he hopes) that no incriminating stuff comes out of his mouth. In doing this, he comes off as uncaring and a liar, though, so although he hasn't confessed to anything, it always sounds like he's confessing just by appearing to not care. BM seems to be a very shallow person who has done a bad thing in a moment of rage, and he does feel some guilt and certainly feels fear. Everything he does and says telegraphs that he is self-serving and yet clueless about everything. I'd bet that SM brought money, energy, life, love, into that family, and BM was happy to be taken care of as long as he got top billing all the time. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt