Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: # 5 It will be interesting to see how long his buddies stick with BM. They have to realize that when BM is charged, they may be charged as accessories/aiding and abetting. Doubt his buddies are willing to go to jail for him.

Wonder if that has dawned on them yet? Wait for it.....

JMO, MOO
It will dawn on them when they are 'invited' to have a long talk in a small room with LE. I hope.

Maybe I'm the odd one out..... if my husband had to set up a job on Mothers Day, it wouldn't bother me in the least bit. I know that him being gone pays our bills. I dont need breakfast in bed with flowers and the whole nine yards.... I know my husband loves me and appreciates what I do for our kids. How do you know that SM didn't feel the same way about Mothers day? Ot could have been, oh hubby will be out of town and girls will be gone. We will just pick another day to do Mothers Day celebration. Not everyone's world stops bc its Mothers Day.

Yes, so he was by himself?? And your point about that is what? Normally there is not a whole crew going to set up the jobsite. It is mostly the head guy that gets everything set out and how he wants it ........BEFORE his crew arrives to actually do the job.

And your pfft at the end was really not needed.

Jmho

What makes this situation different is that Suzanne has been missing for 3 months and her family is grappling with the reality that she’s likely dead. So we don’t know how she felt about spending Mother’s Day alone, or whether the world should stop. We do know that her world may have stopped - forever. And where her husband was that day matters. Not because she deserved breakfast in bed. Because this woman may have been murdered.

We have never ever rented a hotel room to bring tools into. That's just a weird excuse. Been doing this over 35 years.
This makes no sense to me, renting a hotel room where he could keep his tools. But I do believe he rented a hotel room. jmo
RSBM
So agree, 28 years in commercial concrete construction, jobs out of town, and never rented a room for tools. Rented a room for tools you say?
I'll see you and raise you, perhaps a room for a mistress or a mountain lion would be more believable IMO.

Could be that BM could did not come up with the name of any employee verifiably scheduled to arrive on Sunday or Monday. So much that le knows that we don't.

I agree and I suspect LE has a pretty long list of all the things BM has said that they have proven are not true. LE will need more than just lies but I suspect they have proved he lied on numerous occassions.

The first one that I wondered about was in the TD interview where BM said there was a mountain lion that went right in front of a LE vehicle and I bet LE cannot find any LE officer that saw a mountain lion Sunday night that went in front of their vehicle near where the bicycle was.

All JMO

RSBM
So agree, 28 years in commercial concrete construction, jobs out of town, and never rented a room for tools. Rented a room for tools you say?
I'll see you and raise you, perhaps a room for a mistress or a mountain lion would be more believable IMO.

That is what i was thinking too. But man would that be stupid after killing his wife to go hook up with his side bay. He knows it is going to be vetted by the police. Jmo

I agree and I suspect LE has a pretty long list of all the things BM has said that they have proven are not true. LE will need more than just lies but I suspect they have proved he lied on numerous occassions.

The first one that I wondered about was in the TD interview where BM said there was a mountain lion that went right in front of a LE vehicle and I bet LE cannot find any LE officer that saw a mountain lion Sunday night that went in front of their vehicle near where the bicycle was.

All JMO
I've always wondered about that statement of his, the only possible thing, imo, if there was a track it was by some unoccupied cars at night and someone saw it in the morning. A mountain lion walking right by an occupied car, in the daylight or even night? I don't think so. They are nocturnal in places I've lived, where there are good populations, they avoid people for the most part.

Last edited:
That is what i was thinking too. But man would that be stupid after killing his wife to go hook up with his side bay. He knows it is going to be vetted by the police. Jmo
Fotis met up with MT after killing Jennifer so I wouldn't be surprised if a meeting took place that weekend or soon thereafter -if there was a meeting in the first place....
IMO

Fotis met up with MT after killing Jennifer so I wouldn't be surprised if a meeting took place that weekend or soon thereafter -if there was a meeting in the first place....
IMO

Yeah but was it something register able? A hotel is pretty easy to see who went in and when. Still these kind of actions really make it look like how dumb they really are. Jmo

Oh, no!
Tell you what. Let's split the difference:

You remain hopeful that BM's friends will see the light.
I'll remain skeptical that they'll do the right thing.

We'll likely both be proven right.
Some of his friends will come to recognize they've been duped, and others will dig in and remain willfully blind.

I think his Indiana friends are more likely to be your "salt of the earth" types, but that's just me talking.
(I'm partial to people from the Midwest, so I'm admittedly biased).

JMO.
Ok, deal, we split the difference!

I have never accused BM of having intelligence.

Who knows, and again
BBM:

If he rented a hotel room, I'd love to know whether/how far in advance he made reservations.

If he just showed up at a motel on Sunday asking for a room, I'm thinking he used it to clean up evidence.

Hoping LE checked out the room he rented (if he did) and cleaned out the shower/sink drain, etc.

JMO.
As well as check the security cameras in the lobby, the hallway and the parking lot.

JMO, MOO

ETA - if so, how did he pay for it? Cash, company credit card or personal credit card.

Or, did someone else pay for the room?

JMO

Last edited:
Yeah but was it something register able? A hotel is pretty easy to see who went in and when. Still these kind of actions really make it look like how dumb they really are. Jmo
In Jennifer's the two idiots were caught together on video dumping garbage bags with her bloody clothes in it, going to the car wash together not to mention their phone pings. Just thinking of everything they did that was in the arrest warrant plus Frazee,Watts and Tecia's activities, when the time is right - we will likely be shocked...
JMO

Honestly this is what I find myself asking almost every day about something else he’s done. Real estate transactions and guardianships, building a house for mom, buying a new truck, going to the gym, being SILENT.

How does your spouse being missing not trump everything else?!

Are we sure he was building the house for his mom, and not for himself - pending a separation? Not disputing - I’m asking because I can’t find anything about this other house, and I’m sure it’s been discussed. Just can’t locate it.

Are we sure he was building the house for his mom, and not for himself - pending a separation? Not disputing - I’m asking because I can’t find anything about this other house, and I’m sure it’s been discussed. Just can’t locate it.
Not sure I've seen much about this land/house either.

That might have been his plan A, in the event of an anticipated separation/divorce.

The question is, when did BM feel the need to move on to plan B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13