Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps that property was a bone of contention for SM and the last straw for him. But why? Why would that conjure up such a rage in BM to lash out at his wife and mortally wound her? It’s merely a piece of land. They had a house, expensive vehicles, lavish vacations and what all. Why would he kill his wife because she doesn’t want to buy a property? There’s got to be much more to this story than that property. MOO
This is only my opinion.

I feel that perhaps Suzanne was having second thoughts about staying in CO. I believe that Suzanne wanted to return to Indiana to live.

She'd just gone through the cancer treatments, and she was ready to live life on her own terms. Colorado was just too isolated and she was missing her family, and friends back in Indiana.

She had an appointment to have her last follow-up cancer treatment on Monday, May 11th.

However, Barry wanted to stay in CO. It's my opinion only, but I believe that BM has a girlfriend in CO. That's probably the real reason for the property purchase. And the reason this argument was so heated and violent for Suzanne.

Hopefully, Barry's being kept out of the house upon returning from getting rid of Suzanne's body, prevented him from cleaning up the crime scene better. Hopefully, this gave LE the chance to collect the evidence they need to build a solid case against Barry, even if SM's body is never recovered.

It's all so very sad for Suzanne and for her daughters.

MOO

Totally agree. The day could have been ANY, and it’s still tragic. Add to that BM, in his own words, said he “normally” wouldn’t work on Sunday, so why THAT Sunday?

Also, I definitely don’t want to get into the polygraph debate because I have mixed feelings about it.

What bothers me about the “polygraph” isn’t whether he should/shouldn’t, It’s the FACT that he’s LIED about it! In his own words, BM tells TD he’s been cleared, and also LIES to the family to say he has taken one. Can we really believe anything that comes from his mouth??
Agree completely about about polygraph. It is a very controversial topic. His facade is starting to crumble.

I thought it was interesting that Lauren mentioned that LE had not contacted her about the interview. Was that statement for BM’s benefit?

I don't think so, she seemed genuinely surprised they didn't contact her.

I mean, if they're listening to the conversation themselves, no need to contact her. ;)

LS's follow up:

LS's interview with BM was not recorded. She wished he'd allow that since apparently he did get emotional & she wanted to be able to share that.

BM claims to be a private person.

BM is still looking for SM every day. (30 miles out, on foot).

Reminder of the upcoming candlelight vigil for SM.

That was basically it.
I know I'm going out on a limb here. But I would would like to venture to guess....it was taped. She's playong it safe.

I hope so...

MOO

I’m so glad that someone is finally standing for Suzanne. I wonder if Andy was waiting for his brother in law to do it, or if he was waiting for LE to make an arrest. When it dragged on for so long, with no new information and their father’s health failing, he decided he had to come out to cast a spotlight for Suzanne.

Dear @DizzyB,

Well said!

Through this video, Andy's genuine compassion for his little sister has opened up a stream of communication for other family members to join in by expressing their love and distress at the loss of Suzanne in their lives.

While I was listening to Andy speak, I thought of the Candlelight Vigil for Suzanne scheduled for Saturday night, August 29th, and how deeply meaningful this will be for Suzanne's family.

It will be heartwarming (and so very important) for Suzanne's Dad to see the deep compassion for his daughter from the community. Mr. Moorman will likely watch the videotaped Candlelight Vigil, surrounded by his family members.

@LaurenScharfTV
·Aug 25

SHARE: Friends and family of #suzannemorphew are planning a candlelight vigil Saturday, August 29th at 8 p.m. in Harrison Square Park in Suzanne's hometown of Alexandria, Indiana. #shinebrightforsuzanne #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne

Last edited:
Imo he should have done that 3 months ago. While listening to Suzannes brother talk with Chris, I myself was ready to head to CO for whatever he organized. It doesnt take much to get help in situations like this. People will come from near and far to join searches. Barry had a party of approximately 6, and it doesnt sound like its because he invited them. I dont look for him to do it now, either. Jmho.

When the nephew TN was interviewed by phone on television news (were there two interviews?), I recall him answering a direct question about the family searches, and whether or not they wanted help from the public. His answer was interesting and has stuck with me.

I have searched, including on the media thread, and I can’t find the full, unedited footage. If anyone has a copy and could put me out of my misery, I’d be most grateful!

eta fixed typo

There are so many things I can think of that could have escalated violence on Saturday night (in the empty household) that led to SM's death but I completely agree that the Salida lot purchase could definitely be one of them.

I'm pulling on the old adage that behind every successful man is a woman, and in this case, I think it's very much been the rule.

For all the speculation that SM had money, I'm more inclined to believe that SM simply managed the income BM generated over their nearly 30 years together very well.

Public records indicate SM purchased and sold numerous pieces of real estate and vacant land in Indiana over 20+ year period, albeit jointly with her husband.

Nonetheless, I see BM is an impulsive and greedy investor. BM presents to me as one that could easily fall prey to the property developer risk thrill where he's leveraged to his teeth but when the investor shows up to take the entire work off his hands it's a fantastic payday -- unless things out of your control keep the investors away and you lose everything! BM has watched his commercial clients play real estate roulette for his entire adult career, and I see a man that always wants more, and bigger if not better.

I also think that BM had the cash proceeds from their IN residence burning a hole in his pocket before the balloon payment was even due (i.e., June Guardianship transaction). I think BM wanted to use those proceeds to purchase the lot in the subdivision (14 residential lots) marketed only one mile from downtown Salida.

As a good steward of their money, I think SM probably saw two college tuitions in their future, and did not agree to this being the right purchase for them at this time.

And what if we add some fuel to this decision with BM's idea of building a residence on the lot for his dearest family member. I think that could really heat things up......I mostly think it could heat up BM. MOO

Just sharing an opinion of mine as this thoughts matches some of my own. Wouldn't you think they would have had to have worked pretty close together with all these ventures? Sure it could lead to some unwanted and overloaded stress but I think with everything they have/had going on that they would have been talking constantly. Kind of stronger together kind of thing. This is my opinion and not trying to make an excuse but if your doing as much as they have / did, I would think they would have worked through some pretty darn stressful times. I think back to '06 thru '08 and if they were doing what they do now that would have had some pretty stressful moment to work out together, and Spring time for anyone in the outdoor industry is your most stressful time. Just makes it hard to believe and want to try and stay neutral but pretty dang tough. I'm not so sure it was a business dealing that sent things out of control, or this has anything to do with either of there business dealings.

I have never accused BM of having intelligence.

Who knows, and again

As well as check the security cameras in the lobby, the hallway and the parking lot.

JMO, MOO

ETA - if so, how did he pay for it? Cash, company credit card or personal credit card.

Or, did someone else pay for the room?

JMO

I took a quick look at Motels, as opposed to hotels in both Co Springs and Denver and both still have some of those strip-mall types where someone pays and the guest stays in the car (or somewhere waiting).
I don't know if they'd have cameras everywhere, maybe just the office entrance? No-tell motels (flea bags), if you will.
I don't know, I would think (if there was a job anywhere) he'd book a motel 'for his crew' as their much cheaper.
Just a thought.
JMO

I could hardly believe your post when I read it. This thought has been plaguing me all day! It’s hard to believe he can dole out that much conflicting info and not realize it unless he’s cognitively impaired. Is it possible that BM indulged in anabolic steroids over the years? This might also account for the roid rage for those that feel this was a crime of passion and not premeditated. Interesting article below! MOO

Brain Imaging Study Suggests Long-Term Steroid Use Can Lead to Significant Brain Structural and Functional Abnormalities | McLean Hospital

definitely would not be surprised if increase in steroid or testosterone dose was a factor in BMs behavior. MOO

Its not to hard, a couple grunts, a pucker moment and then a couple more grunts and your done, not to loud at all.

In between the grunts, are there any hydraulic hoses and/or power supply cables that would need to be unhooked and reattached to the new thing?

Does the Bobcat's motor/power source (right term?) need to be running to switch out attachments? If so, maybe the loud noise at the construction site?

Pardon my technical terms:D.

Just some random thought.
3.30 hours may refer to 3& 1/2 hours.
An article found on an abandoned trail 3/8 miles from the Morphew home resulted in dive teams being called in and a section of the highway to be closed.
A bobcat can cover up trail marks to an extent. A skilled landscaper would know all the tricks.
A bobcat used on my neighbors perfect lawn when they had an on going construction project used pieces of overlapping plywood to drive over the lawn.
Lawn looked very good after it.
A scenario for this the perpetrator could drive move plywood, drive move plywood then on the return journey retrieve plywood pieces. He may have had the plywood already on the trail.
Bobcats can dig deep and hole may have been prepared in advance with the dirt piled up from hole the ready to fill it. He may have even cleared obstacles on the trail the same time he dug the hole in advance.

Motive - They may have been in financial difficulty, SM challenged him about buying the land (which he subsequently bought after SM disappeared).
A narcissist would boil over on being challenged about his business decisions, especially if SM use to not stand up to him and had let him make all the financial decisions, which appears to be the case as BM moved them to Colorado away from everything she knew.

Last edited:
Was the bed made? Did BM think of the little details? If the bed was unmade, were both sides slept in? If it was made, ostensibly by Suzanne, would she do that upon awakening, yet not unlock her phone?
you're thinking the same as I am.

BM doesn't seem like a 'detail' person. Sloppy,
disorganized, impulsive.

I suspect we're gonna see some obvious details that he overlooked in his cover-up. The man just doesn't think that well.

So far, he's making Frazee and Watts and Peterson and Dulos
seem like Mensans.

As I’m far away (in Europe) and Saturday 8 pm Alexandria, Indiana time is way past my bed time, I have decided to light a candle on my Saturday at 8 pm. I think the universe and Suzanne won’t mind it, at least that’s what I’m telling myself.

you're thinking the same as I am.

BM doesn't seem like a 'detail' person. Sloppy,
disorganized, impulsive.

I suspect we're gonna see some obvious details that he overlooked in his cover-up. The man just doesn't think that well.

So far, he's making Frazee and Watts and Peterson and Dulos
seem like Mensans.
My thoughts exactly, hopefully things will start to move a little faster now the SMs family is getting involved

I took a quick look at Motels, as opposed to hotels in both Co Springs and Denver and both still have some of those strip-mall types where someone pays and the guest stays in the car (or somewhere waiting).
I don't know if they'd have cameras everywhere, maybe just the office entrance? No-tell motels (flea bags), if you will.
I don't know, I would think (if there was a job anywhere) he'd book a motel 'for his crew' as their much cheaper.
Just a thought.
JMO
I had thought the same. Perhaps the words motel/hotel are just interchangeable to some people, not knowing the difference?
We put our crews up in motels tho, as you suggested.
We have found several motels that actually tend to cater to construction crews, especially during the Covid.

Brother of Suzanne Morphew pleads for brother-in-law to 'step up to the plate' and work with authorities

“Please, Barry, if you could see this, I would really love it if you would take the time to revisit the authorities and go over everything once again ... Take a voice analysis and a lie detector test and clear yourself," pleads Moorman. "Put my mind at ease and everybody out there's mind at ease if you want to shut the rumors down. That's the way you do it. You need to find your wife. That should be your only goal is to find your wife and whatever you're asked to do by the authorities is what you should. If you're not guilty, step up to the plate."

eta: (already posted, i didn't flip back enough pages this morning. ;) i'll leave it up in case anyone else missed it).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members