Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the interview with AM last night, but because there was SO much info there I had to watch again this morning. Just a few things that stood out to me, so I took some notes:

5:48 AM arrived in CO around 8-9pm Monday night. The Morphew house was already locked down so he went to the neighbor's air bnb. AM says BM was staying at "the neighbor's across the river, right behind his house". (I have seen conflicting info on WHO he was staying with, so this stood out to me)

6:35 AM heads to the house BM was staying at and asks BM to tell him everything: BM tells AM the 5am departure story. For a job in Colorado Springs (did AM misspeak here, or is that actually where BM told him he was?) where he was repairing a wall he'd put up last fall. BM tells AM he was setting the site up at the hotel, leaving tools at the hotel, so his crew could show up the next day (not Sunday night as he told TD) and re-build the wall. (I wonder what LE has seen on the surveillance footage of the hotel on Sunday?)

7:35 AM states BM told him he texted SM later that morning to tell her happy Mother's Day. No response. So then BM allegedly called SM and got her voicemail. He left a message - he's concerned - please call him back. BM's cell phone records will have already told LE exactly where that call was placed from. Denver? Colorado Springs? Somewhere else entirely?

9:05 BM tells AM he arrived back home at 6pm then later says it was 9pm. Such a stupid thing to lie about, so why do it?

13:00 AM became convinced after standing there for 20 minutes the bike was thrown down the ravine - BM didn't want to hear it, brushed him off (of course).

21:00 CBI travelled to IN to question the Moorman family & friends of B & S. AM tells (whoever it was) CBI he doesn't think BM had anything to do with it because he's been cooperative & passed polygraph & voice stress tests - CBI stops AM and says NO, BM uncooperative with CBI, lied about passing tests.

To me, it can't possibly get any clearer that a.) BM is as guilty as it gets b.) LE believe the exact same thing. I suspect his arrest may happen very, very soon. And the warrants unsealed, as well as the arrest warrant PC affidavit, which will be mind blowing to read. (and then all you super savvy folks who have info you're sitting on can finally share!)

jmo

Thx for the summery. I feel like an arrest is fast approaching. Justice for Suzanne. Hope BM will let her have a decent Christian burial. Moo

Pretty soon he'll be implying that "drug crazed poor wall constructor" is the person who knew her "well". Tying up loose ends and all that.
Is he steering this hint towards someone who SM used to talk to cause she was so lonely and it made BM mad or jealous?
Like the bicycle repair man? Or a fellow biker?
Or the meter reader?
There's a motive for his saying this.

BM to TD:

06:32
well it was mother's day
we uh, we had two daughters that were coming, home from the trip, and i got a job in denver that i wanted to get started on, on sunday, set it up for my work because my workers are coming in sunday night

BM to AM:

6:35
(BM) I got up, Mother's Day morning, 5am, your sister was laying there asleep, I got dressed, I left for work.
(AM) I said what work?
(BM) He said I had a job (I believe it was Colorado Springs), where he was building a wall, and they did it last fall, but part of the wall was crooked, it wasn't up to standard, so he had to go back in there, take it out and re-do it. And he said I was going there to set that job site up in the hotel, put the tools in the hotel, so that my crew could show up there the next day and we could start rebuilding that wall.

Mmhmm...
Was the job site the hotel itself?

Last edited:
Is he steering this hint towards someone who SM used to talk to cause she was so lonely and it made BM mad or jealous?
Like the bicycle repair man? Or a fellow biker?
Or the meter reader?
There's a motive for his saying this.
Yes, he hardly ever talks to the media, but I never heard anything like a vengeance campaign from disgruntled ex employee towards family. He just pulled that out of his, er, bobcat.

Same as the implication that there even was a person who knew her well.

You’re right - Really sketchy. Making it seem that whatever happened was sudden and unplanned.

Be curious to know if BM even called his own mother on Mother’s Day....
bbm
Ita.
Hmm.

Speculation :
Maybe she was en route to be of assistance to BM ?
Sending out emails for him and so forth ?

BM to TD:

06:32
well it was mother's day
we uh, we had two daughters that were coming, home from the trip, and i got a job in denver that i wanted to get started on, on sunday, set it up for my work because my workers are coming in sunday night

BM to AM:

6:35
(BM) I got up, Mother's Day morning, 5am, your sister was laying there asleep, I got dressed, I left for work.
(AM) I said what work?
(BM) He said I had a job (I believe it was Colorado Springs), where he was building a wall, and they did it last fall, but part of the wall was crooked, it wasn't up to standard, so he had to go back in there, take it out and re-do it. And he said I was going there to set that job site up in the hotel, put the tools in the hotel, so that my crew could show up there the next day and we could start rebuilding that wall.

Mmhmm...
Good catch. He couldn't even keep it straight if his employees were coming in Sunday night or the next day.

The way he explained to TD, they had the discussion that day, Mother's Day, and SM agree she was okay with him leaving because, you know, they had 2 daughters on their way home that day anyway.

So no, I don't believe he booked it in advance but, it'd sure be interesting to hear what the desk clerk has to say about when the room was booked.

I'm trying to remember what kind of COVID ''laws'' were happening at the time. If I remember correctly Denver was still a stay at home issued around this time. Not sure about Colorado Springs - maybe a safer at home. I only bring this up because wasn't there some sort of regulations issued to hotels? Capacity maybe? If this hotel room was to be used by his crew and to store tools - you'd think a bunch of crew members going in and out of a hotel would have been frowned upon at this time.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of the hotel situation during covid could touch on this.

Mic drop.... AM also stated BM said when the neighbor went over to check on SM, she saw both Rovers IN THE GARAGE. Ummm, well that’s different than what they reported prior. Last interview they reported the cars not belonging to BM were in the driveway? Anyone have some clarity with this discrepancy?
No clarity here. I picked up on that too, and I have no idea what's going on with that. And didn't the first report of those cars in the driveway say they weren't BM's? Technically correct, maybe, since they were driven by SM, but I bet they're registered in both their names and just driven by SM, so they really are Morphew family cars, not the cars of strangers. And as far as where they were (in garage or outside), who knows what that story is.

Still, why try to make everyone believe they were cars belonging to workers, abductors, or strangers? So weird.

I'm trying to remember what kind of COVID ''laws'' were happening at the time. If I remember correctly Denver was still a stay at home issued around this time. Not sure about Colorado Springs - maybe a safer at home. I only bring this up because wasn't there some sort of regulations issued to hotels? Capacity maybe? If this hotel room was to be used by his crew and to store tools - you'd think a bunch of crew members going in and out of a hotel would have been frowned upon at this time.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of the hotel situation during covid could touch on this.
I believe it was posted here a while back that colorado 'opened back up' the friday before mother's day

That he had to leave at 5 am for just a couple hours ride to a hotel to lay out tools in a room... and get there at 7 am outta town.. and not be able to check into a hotel until 3 pm per usual hotel check ins....

So, are we supposed to think that he arrived at 7 am... couldn't check in at that time.. and traveled on a Sunday, Mother's day, to perhaps visit the broken wall at 7 am... and then... ????? for 8 hours until he could unload the tools into the hotel room?

Yep. NOPE!

BAM! :)

GREAT POST!!

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

Friends and family of #suzannemorphew are planning a candlelight vigil Saturday, August 29th at 8 p.m. in Harrison Square Park in Suzanne's hometown of Alexandria, Indiana.

EgPOZJeXkAIKz-k

Last edited:

The 'rona restrictions were discussed early in the case, and I believe specifically as it pertained to landscaping, which was considered an essential service. Hotels were also considered essential according to this article at the end of March, but some hotels closed anyway due to lack of business. Governor rules hotels essential businesses in Colorado but many have already shut down as coronavirus destroys demand

Here in Ontario things were VERY fluid from March to July, so this might have been the same way in Denver/CS.

In the last sentence--BM alibi building....blaming a fired employee.

It's all so outrageously impossible that it's ludicrous.

a. BM implies an ex-employee has threatened the family.
b. He happens to be fixing the wall the ex-employee ruined
c. It wasn't fixed for a YEAR but needed his attention on MOTHERS DAY
d. While he's away fixing the wall Suzanne happens to disappear.

Note to self: add imbecilic to the list of BM descriptors.

I'm having trouble with a Colorado Springs work site.
Same as Denver, after 3 months, not a single detail has come to the surface. No employee to say, yes I was gonna work on that.

Im thinking the story about a botched job last fall might be true. But I'm not so sure that the repair work had been scheduled before Mother's Day. Why didn't BM stick to this location, why change it to Denver?

I don't think he wanted any one looking into it closely. Maybe he showed up at this supposed job site, unannounced on Mother's Day, informing the owner that he is finally gonna do that repair job.
It's all so squirrelly. Moo

another tidbit I learned from Andy's interview last night. He said he spent 4 days in Co. searching.
Sometime during this period he talked to CBI
who told him BM was NOT co-operating and did not offer/or refused to take any polygraph or voice test.

So within the first 4-5 days of the search, BM
stopped co-operating. FBI came in on the 14th,
4 days after SM reported missing.

Didn't take long for BM to show his true colors to LE. Wonder how many inconsistencies he'd
told by then?

Also bear in mind, BM is self-employed- used to calling the shots, not used to having to answer to his whereabouts, or where or when he's someplace. Must have frosted him to have to answer to LE and then learn LE doesn't believe half his lies.
Yup, those fingers are all pointing back to poor Barry.
My understanding of that portion of the interview was that it was when CBI descended on IN much later to speak with family, friends and co-workers there that it was revealed that BM was not being co-operative and had not taken a LD test. CBI shared this with AM as they were curious that AM believed BM had nothing to do with SM disappearance.

ok, i decided to listen again, so i'm just gonna make a few notes.

1. if the drug-fueled angry ex-employee that was harrassing the morphew family was something barry immediately got worried about, why would he send his female older neighbor over to the house alone, not once, but twice, to check in the house and in the garage? why wouldn't he immediately announce that to the public to get that info out there? (instead we got "it's too soon.") why is it "too soon" to tell the public there is a dangerous person out there that had been threatening his family?!?

2: why were barry's buddies/family the only ones out searching? why did andy mention the guy who separated from them in the woods that first morning, and that when they got back to base, this buddy was already back there? why didn't they spot the "item" when they had searched that area already? (i know this is not uncommon. just making note).

3. where are suzanne's diamonds?

4. why was barry taking off on his own during the search? why did he lie down on the ground in that particular area?

5. why is barry lying about lie detectors and voice analysis tests? do his buddies know the truth? (surely they have been interviewed, right? would LE confirm to them that barry was not taking ld's the way they did with andy?) if so, why are these buddies so staunchly defending barry's lies?

6. where are the daughters, and why aren't they communicating with the moorman's? it sounds like they are a close family, and andy even compliments how wonderful barry's mom and sisters are. why did they have to go on youtube and make a public statement in that way to initiate contact with their granddaughters/nieces?

moo.
Such great points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members