Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think we all got the impression that the lion sighting was on Sunday night at the place where he said the bike was found. BM pointed across the road and said it walked right by one of the cop cars. IMO
I wonder if Andy got the story wrong? But LE must have conveyed the rack explanation. So from Sunday night and for the next few days ppl all over, leaving ppl scent, and making noise, and still a mountain lion comes to the house?

Yes, I think we all got the impression that the lion sighting was on Sunday night at the place where he said the bike was found. BM pointed across the road and said it walked right by one of the cop cars. IMO

To be fair, where BM pointed in the TD video is toward their driveway. AM said the large male cat was spotted in the M driveway 2-3 days after she was reported missing. The cat showed interest in the carcass BM had beside the home with the rack on it...

He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt but maybe, he was pointing in the right direction. Why would he haul a carcass to his home? Cover scent? Explain blood? Draw a hungry cat out? I think all of those are more likely than another bathroom decoration or chandelier.... IMO

Chris told AM that they (PE) are friends with 2 of the 4 remaining Benghazi survivors and reached out to them. Forgive me, I didn’t look up their names, sounded like Tig and Oz. He said Tig will be doing something on his website to get the word out and Oz who lives in Colorado is trying to get some scent dogs and come. He said they were going to reach out to Military Vets. Then Chris said “ we’re not going to talk about someone who did 400 missions overseas, we’re going to BRING them. “. yikes

This is "Oz"... Don't know who "Tig" is...

Mark Geist

PE just confirmed SM family has a marijuana plant farm. (No judgement here, its legal in Michigan and probably a CASH COW) To whomever I was hypothesizing about this with like 1-2 weeks ago, we were right!

I don't think that's factually accurate.

Cannabis became legal for medical purposes in 2008 under the Michigan Compassionate Care Initiative.

Michigan also legalized cannabis for individuals 21 or older in November 2018 under The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act.

CBD derived from cannabis is also legal in Michigan for all residents.

I heard PE hosts to state extended family (not AM) were involved with the sale of * property for and/or CBD but I did not hear if this was CBD from hemp or cannabis.

MOO

Marijuana Dispensaries

ETA: * property

Last edited:
I wonder if Andy got the story wrong? But LE must have conveyed the rack explanation. So from Sunday night and for the next few days ppl all over, leaving ppl scent, and making noise, and still a mountain lion comes to the house?
Perhaps the bike was placed there because it was known to be frequented by a local mountain lion? TBH I have no idea if mountain lions have specific territories or how long they stay in an area, but this all seems connected somehow and possibly in a way im not seeing yet. It seems to weird to be coincidental

Perhaps the bike was placed there because it was known to be frequented by a local mountain lion? TBH I have no idea if mountain lions have specific territories or how long they stay in an area, but this all seems connected somehow and possibly in a way im not seeing yet. It seems to weird to be coincidental
On that PE video we're talking about, one of the hosts does gis with his wife and overlaid the circle of the theorized territory of a male mt lion on the google earth map. Then he joked that would mean "2" between BM house and Denver iirc.

I don't think that's factually accurate.

Cannabis became legal for medical purposes in 2008 under the Michigan Compassionate Care Initiative.

Michigan also legalized cannabis for individuals 21 or older in November 2018 under The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act.

CBD derived from cannabis is also legal in Michigan for all residents.

I heard PE hosts to state extended family (not AM) were involved with the sale of CBD but I did not hear if this was CBD from hemp or cannabis.

MOO

Marijuana Dispensaries
Yeah I dont think I worded this post well and it was taken way out of context so Im going to delete it. Michigan did legalize cannabis in Nov 2018, but alot of the infrature and legislative rules and procedures are still being implemented. Only a few business licenses have been granted across the state and as far as I know plant growth is still being limited in quantity. I jumped the gun, my bad

Elk sheds are a common find in CO that time of year. Elk shed hunting is a hobby, people actually go from out of state to find them (they sell them online). Shed hunting is restricted, but I believe it ended April 30 in that area. Its possible these were found very recently, but still, another uncanny coincidence in this case. Jmho.

In Colorado it's legal to take roadkill as long as you call Colorado Parks and Wildlife to report that you taking it home within 48 hours and get a free permit for a CPW office within a week or so. That being said, I'd be curious if the elk head was obtained before or after Mother's Day. Either way, if it's got flesh on it, it's an open invitation for bears and lions to come for a visit. Rotting elk carcasses stink like the dickens. I came upon one a month ago in an unexpected area near my home and spooked a coyote feasting on the leathery stinky remains.

Remarriage. Wait 5 Yrs, Presumed Death? Or Sooner, Guardianship as Back Door to Divorce?
Using and/or relying on the laws of guardianship (whether Colorado or Indiana) for the purpose of remarriage is such an injustice (and insult) to missing persons given that true respondents, the subject of guardianship, have the right to be present in court and oppose actions against them. This again goes to the issue of missing persons not being adequately protected under the IC provisions, IMO.
However, declaring an individual deceased whether it be after missing 4 or 7 years (whatever the state statute requires) has long been the norm. It follows that marrying after death would be typical, normal behavior. MOO
@Seattle1 Thank you for your response to my post #995. It prompted me to think about this issue, both as it applies to BM & SM, and the gen legal principles. Not disagreeing w you about remarriage, re historical use of Gdnship laws and Presumption of Death laws. Good comments about the potential for abuse of the gdnship status, esp'ly in a situation like this. TYVM.

Either way, before remarriage, BM must seek judicial resolution.

@Seattle1 again thanks. Where is SM?

Last edited:
O

oh wow thanks! So he was a Deputy Sheriff for Teller County. I found Tig and he grew up in Colorado Springs.
Now I need to read up on these Heroes.

TIG

This is great! Thank you so much for finding this. :) Definitely the type of guys you would want on your team. Very impressive backgrounds! And i am certain those two know a lot of other people with very impressive backgrounds... This is very good news for the search effort.

If a car or pickup hit a big male elk with a rack, hard enough to kill the animal, the vehicle itself would be in very bad shape, and, the whole valley would have heard about it by the grapevine. The driver might be in the hospital, and likely a tow truck would have been needed.

I sensed some pressure with underlying sarcasm. I hope the tactic works.

I am traveling with my husband to Salida and will be assisting with SAR. We have booked our Airbnb and we hope to help! We will also keep you all updated and provide photos.
This is so wonderful!
Thank you and your husband for doing this.

No worries, Im in the middle of a couple of things so I could have misheard. Im from Michigan and although I dont smoke I 100% support legalization. Its selling regardless so the government mine as well reap the benefits of tax dollars. TBH I wish I knew a single thing about farming, the legislation is still very new so there's still alot of opportunity and money to be made. Its just smart business. I absolutely did not mean my statement to seem judgy, I just didnt want to offend anyone.
No offended taken, I was not implying that what you said was wrong, I was just explaining what I have heard from Andy Moorman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader