Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have friends in the trades and it does not matter whether you're the owner driving a fancy rig, a foreman with a company vehicle, or an apprentice driving their own vehicle, they would be remiss not to contain their tools inside their rooms overnight.

Not only are tools very expensive, but they are also extremely marketable on the street. Unfortunately, it's also a good way to get your insurance canceled or hit with huge premium increases if you make an insurance claim for stolen tools. MOO
Smaller tools yes. Like hammers, screw guns, etc. Of course don't leave those things in the car if they could be seen. But larger tools our crews keep them locked up in a bin on the jobsite. Of course BM might not have had or needed a bin out there. But I'm doubting the story anyway. jmo

If BM is included in the search, I'd want to accompany him and stay thisclose to him. If I wanted to go this direction and he wanted to go that direction then it's settled. I'd want to go anywhere he didn't want to go. And bring extra searchers.

On another note, way back when, I was intrigued by his day-before-the-TD-video sighting where he was seen sans shirt, red skinned and wet, gripping his steering wheel in an agitated state. I wondered whether SM was stashed somewhere in the water, maybe weighted down with large rocks and he was adding extra insurance to make sure she remained that way. Whatever caused SM's demise, if it happened in the home, I don't believe blood was shed, otherwise, BM would be resting comfortably in a jail somewhere.

If the gym he attends has another contest maybe they could bring in some rocks and see who can lift the heaviest ones and pile them in a cairn.

BBM, I am new to this case. Where can I find this video? Thanks.

BBM, I am new to this case. Where can I find this video? Thanks.
As a fellow newbie, Im happy to share if you click on the 1st page of each thread there should be a timeline of events and it usually includes all the media links. The WS who work on those do an AMAZING job and just an fyi its chronological so its really easy to jump in

Last edited:
Watching the Profiling Evil Choir Practice this evening and Mike and Chris are now speaking with SM's brother, AM and Robin Davis from NCIS who has quite a bit of experience with mountain lions.

AM mentioned that on 5/12 or 5/13, a mountain lion was seen on the Morphew property passing in front of one of the police cars with an officer inside. AM says the lion was attracted to an elk rack (with some flesh still attached) that was propped up against a wall outside the house. The expert is discussing how likely it is that a mountain lion would leave a carcass that is only 3-4 days old at most to go after a bit of flesh attached to antlers.

Here's my question: What the heck is an elk rack with fresh meat attached to it doing on the Morphew property only 2-3 days after SM went missing? Was that so any dogs or wild animals would go to that rather than some other attractant?

Well Andy is reaching out to TN to see if the funds from the Gimme can be transferred over to be used in the search for Suzanne. Mike & Andy really feel that it will happen. I guess I am a cynic at heart.

Watching the Profiling Evil Choir Practice this evening and Mike and Chris are now speaking with SM's brother, AM and Robin Davis from NCIS who has quite a bit of experience with mountain lions.

AM mentioned that on 5/12 or 5/13, a mountain lion was seen on the Morphew property passing in front of one of the police cars with an officer inside. AM says the lion was attracted to an elk rack (with some flesh still attached) that was propped up against a wall outside the house. The expert is discussing how likely it is that a mountain lion would leave a carcass that is only 3-4 days old at most to go after a bit of flesh attached to antlers.

Here's my question: What the heck is an elk rack with fresh meat attached to it doing on the Morphew property only 2-3 days after SM went missing? Was that so any dogs or wild animals would go to that rather than some other attractant?

Interesting question. Elk season (regardless of weapon) is in the fall in Colorado. https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/BigGameDatesandFees.aspx

S
o maybe it was a kill from last season that was going to be mounted? But kind of odd to leave it not fully processed in your property for months waiting to have it mounted.

Interesting question. Elk season (regardless of weapon) is in the fall in Colorado. Colorado Parks and Wildlife

S
o maybe it was a kill from last season that was going to be mounted? But kind of odd to leave it not fully processed in your property for months waiting to have it mounted.
IMO, if it was a kill from last season there would be no trace of fresh meat still on it.

IMO, if it was a kill from last season there would be no trace of fresh meat still on it.

Agreed.

I took flesh to be more like hide that hadn’t been properly removed but I’m literally just guessing and have no logical idea why that would be on the property.

I wonder if the property had a place where BM would clean his kills? :eek: And I wonder how he’d dispose of any meat/skin/bones that he didn’t use? :eek::eek:

I'm glad you're mentioning that. I thought he said it was "across the street" when asked if it was by the house. This had to have come from LE, obviously. But, how did they know it was a male mt lion?
Also, I thought he said elk, but usually with antlers there really is no blood and flesh at the bottom of them, if he had found them in the woods there wouldn't be any blood at all, and if he had just gone hunting (in May?), Even then he would have sawn them off, there just isn't a lot of bloody flesh right there. Now I thought May, spring, is not a likely legal season for deer or elk, its more like fall, at least in Alaska. I wonder if there was baiting going on. Did anyone else hear "elk"? How strange that BM just said the mountain lion walked past the LE car. I figured it was down on the road near the river.

Last edited:
I agree. I’m having a hard time figuring the antler thing out.

I suppose it could’ve been kept in a freezer, but highly unlikely. Also, when my husband is just wanting to keep the antlers for bleaching or other purposes, he will put them in an ant bed to get rid of any remaining meat particles.

I’m really confused.

Wondering if LE has given the Moorman family the go-ahead to start speaking out, or if AM has decided to speak out on his own?
My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out there.
PE just confirmed SM family has a marijuana plant farm. (No judgement here, its legal in Michigan and probably a CASH COW) To whomever I was hypothesizing about this with like 1-2 weeks ago, we were right!
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I’m having a hard time figuring the antler thing out.

I suppose it could’ve been kept in a freezer, but highly unlikely. Also, when my husband is just wanting to keep the antlers for bleaching or other purposes, he will put them in an ant bed to get rid of any remaining meat particles.

I’m really confused.
I just went back and listened and AM says that BM dragged this elk off the road ( so road kill ?) and propped the rack up by the house and there was meat or flesh still around the skull. On May 12 or 13 there was a large male cougar spotted across the driveway close to the house and they think it was attracted to that . He says 2 cop cars were parked in the driveway guarding the house and they saw the cougar. The mountain lion expert said it would be extremely difficult to tell the gender of the cat because you would have to get really really close to it , closer than it would let you. So he seemed baffled about how they knew it was a male.

My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out there.

Not trying to be confrontational but what I heard was that AM and family sold some of their property to a person who then started a CBD farm on that property and I am sure it grown Marijuana as well and since it is legal in Michigan there should be absolutely no judgement on someone selling property or what the new owners do with said property.
No worries, Im in the middle of a couple of things so I could have misheard. Im from Michigan and although I dont smoke I 100% support legalization. Its selling regardless so the government mine as well reap the benefits of tax dollars. TBH I wish I knew a single thing about farming, the legislation is still very new so there's still alot of opportunity and money to be made. Its just smart business. I absolutely did not mean my statement to seem judgy, I just didnt want to offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia