Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm local to Colorado and just signed up for "hiking". I also mentioned that i would be interested in helping with organizing. I probably won't be able to do all 5 days because of my work schedule, but should be able to join on 2 or 3 days. I will be your boots on the ground the days i am able to join. :)
How great that is NoSI, thank you.

He's playing that perfectly, IMO. I mean by not attacking or accusing anyone, he is actually drawing more attention to someone. People reading that will note...."they haven't ruled anyone out".

It's just a very classy, but equally SMART way of getting through this. This way, his message isn't divided, and doesn't offend anyone, except I hope one person is offended and does something he forgets to calculate first.

I am noting the timing too, he's giving them time to find her or more to happen, like an arrest. JMO

The were the perfect family. they were like “Little house on the prairie” per BM friend. The family did not make the effort to honor and represent SM at a candlelight vigil dedicated to her. This shows that BM is not passionate about his wife’s disappearance. He may have felt everyone was pointing their finger at him and he had a guilt complex IMO.
He would have had to travel, but that would show how much he cared.

Remarriage? Circumstances? Presumed Dead? CO?
There's been discussion about circumstances under which BM could marry. One way: be patient, cross fingers for luck, and in 4 yrs and several mos, if remains are not recovered sooner, he can file action to have MisPers declared dead, per CO statute* after absence "for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead."
What kind of evidence could a man like BM offer to the court, to try to show the various required elements-
--- A wife's absence for 5 yrs continuously.
Fast forward to May 15, 2025, when he files and can testify "I have not seen her since May 10, 2020." ..........check.

--- She has not been heard from.
He can testify 'I have not heard from her since May 17, 2020, not in person, no mail, no phone, no texts." ..check.

--- No satisfactory explanation.
..... He can testify "Our marriage was ideal, she had no problems in her life. I haveo idea why she's absent.".....
check.

He can testify re above elements. .......................................................................................................................check.
Suppose no one else testifies. Then RHS, the Real Head Scratcher ...................................................................hmm?
--- Diligent search or inquiry.
He can testify:
I phoned her and left NNN voice mails on [dates].
I searched the house for her, then our prop on [dates].
I talked w LE (N times for N hours?) on [dates].
I gathered N [5?] friends to search for her in [areas], spending N days looking.
I recorded a 28 sec aud-vid on [date] which my nephew posted on FB and he opened a G-F---M- campaign page.
On ^ recording I offered $100,000 reward for her safe return. A friend matched it.
I was interviewed twice by LS, Fox News, ColSpg for N min total on [dates].
And LE - CCSO, CBI, and FBI - participated in searching and investigating.
And my BiLaw organized a search team of N ppl to search for N days in [areas].

^^^^^^ Are above searches and inquiries sufficient for a ct to find them....................................................diligent???
As always I welcome comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

;););) And I asked for O.J. Simpson's help in finding her.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry, Sleuthers, just kidding.:):);)

"(e) An individual whose death is not established under paragraphs (a) to (d) of this subsection (1) or under section 15-10-106.5 who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead." bbm Colorado Revised Statutes Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107 | FindLaw

Using and/or relying on the laws of guardianship (whether Colorado or Indiana) for the purpose of remarriage is such an injustice (and insult) to missing persons given that true respondents, the subject of guardianship, have the right to be present in court and oppose actions against them. This again goes to the issue of missing persons not being adequately protected under the IC provisions, IMO.

However, declaring an individual deceased whether it be after missing 4 or 7 years (whatever the state statute requires) has long been the norm. It follows that marrying after death would be typical, normal behavior.

MOO

Yes - that's why I put the word IF at the beginning. My point was to address the question of "How do we know that Barry Morphew did not organize a vigil in Salida?"

You can't know a negative, but I for one would eat my favorite hat if anyone can demonstrate that Barry Morphew organized a vigil in Salida. I gave my reasoning in the post you responded to.

There is no vigil in Colorado, has not been a vigil in Colorado..but I can't prove it. I just think that if it had occurred, it's the most deeply buried, UN-social media'ed event in any case I've ever followed. So I say it didn't happen.

Teal and yellow ribbons raise awareness for Suzanne Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado

A contractor that drags tools into a hotel room? Does he not have a locking, alarmed truck?
MOO have seen poor men have to carry in their tools for the night, but BM is a big time contractor, unless he's not. Is his business a vanity project, and he was a business failure kept by his wife?

My husband is in the building trade. When he and other contractors have to travel for work he takes his tools into the hotel room. At least the expensive ones.

His vehicle has no markings on it but others who have traveled with him with company names emblazoned on the side have been broken into and had things stolen. His partner does the same thing so it seems it's not that unusual.

At least he isn't like a guy I knew who brought his motorcycle into his apartment during the winter months!

Using and/or relying on the laws of guardianship (whether Colorado or Indiana) for the purpose of remarriage is such an injustice (and insult) to missing persons given that true respondents, the subject of guardianship, have the right to be present in court and oppose actions against them. This again goes to the issue of missing persons not being adequately protected under the IC provisions, IMO.

However, declaring an individual deceased whether it be after missing 4 or 7 years (whatever the state statute requires) has long been the norm. It follows that marrying after death would be typical, normal behavior.

MOO
I second this, I dont think the courts would allow it. Guardianship cases dont end once the ruling is made, the guardian had to continue to submit paperwork to the courts on a scheduled basis and cases are reviewed by the court on a regular basis. (Most guardianship is granted with the idea that it will be only given for the time needed, so there are regular check ins to see if the guardianship is still legally necessary)

How great that is NoSI, thank you.

Hi @girlhasnoname. Thank you so much! :) It's the least i can do living in Colorado and Suzanne's case has really affected me. She deserved so much better in life and deserves so much better now that she is likely no longer alive. She needs to be brought home. I don’t know what the chances are; the mountains are vast; but not doing anything has even less of a chance of bringing her home. I really appreciate what AM and PE are doing and want to do what I can to help. :)

The were the perfect family. they were like “Little house on the prairie” per BM friend. The family did not make the effort to honor and represent SM at a candlelight vigil dedicated to her. This shows that BM is not passionate about his wife’s disappearance. He may have felt everyone was pointing their finger at him and he had a guilt complex IMO.
He would have had to travel, but that would show how much he cared.
I agree with all you stated and wanted to add.

IMO, there was a fracture in the relationship between the families long before the move to Colorado happened. So some of what we are seeing right now, is attributable to whatever the disagreement stems from. Again, just my opinion but I'll wager it involved money, among other things.

Looking at it from BM's point of view, flying back to Indiana and attending a vigil would be like walking into the lion's den. In addition, he would have to answer hard questions from family and since he has an aversion to talking about Suzanne.... MOO

I think the news of AM's planned search has rattled a few cages.

And perhaps, that was the intent...

Yeah, all of a sudden BM is realizing there is going to be a thousand people searching over a 5 day period.

He probably wants to ask AM things like:
-Where are you guys going to be searching?
-What days will you be in what locations?
-How many people have signed up?
-Is LE helping?

And he’s going to have a month to just stew on those questions. It might force him to make a move he wasn’t planning on like trying to move the body or make suggestions to not look in certain areas because he and his crew have covered it already.

In which case, I do believe LE would have put "bike ride" more up front and center. Especially by now.

Also, that would be an even later communication with the victim than we had heard up until now - making it very odd that LE has never changed its initial focus on May 8-12.

If in fact BM or any family member has clear knowledge of when Suzanne left on a bike ride (and that she did in fact leave on a bike ride), it's really not good that they're keeping this crucial bit of knowledge away from the public - who might be able to help more if they knew when Suzanne had actually gone off on a bike ride.

I think LE has a reason for not confirming said bike ride.
I was really being kinda of facetious because it’s been said that after her communication ended abruptly with her girlfriend, there were several strange communications from her social media profile. I was hinting at perhaps BM might have used her messenger to send himself a message like “ hey I’m going on a bike ride”.

I was really being kinda of facetious because it’s been said that after her communication ended abruptly with her girlfriend, there were several strange communications from her social media profile. I was hinting at perhaps BM might have used her messenger to send himself a message like “ hey I’m going on a bike ride”.
GOOD CALL. I had not even considered that BM may have used social media to message himself from her account. I wish there were the hand clap emojis, because youd get several

Last edited:
ETA also, it’s AM saying that BM told him that she went for the bike ride. Doesn’t mean that BM told LE the same story. JMO

My husband is in the building trade. When he and other contractors have to travel for work he takes his tools into the hotel room. At least the expensive ones.

His vehicle has no markings on it but others who have traveled with him with company names emblazoned on the side have been broken into and had things stolen. His partner does the same thing so it seems it's not that unusual.

At least he isn't like a guy I knew who brought his motorcycle into his apartment during the winter months!
Alright then. More common than I thought.

GOOD CALL. I had not even considered that BM may have used social media to message himself. I wish there were the hand clap emojis, because youd get several
I got it from reading this from the PE website. Makes me think FB messenger perhaps was being used ( or some sort of chat) to cover for SM not answering texts or calls maybe.

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours, Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Yeah, all of a sudden BM is realizing there is going to be a thousand people searching over a 5 day period.

He probably wants to ask AM things like:
-Where are you guys going to be searching?
-What days will you be in what locations?
-How many people have signed up?
-Is LE helping?

And he’s going to have a month to just stew on those questions. It might force him to make a move he wasn’t planning on like trying to move the body or make suggestions to not look in certain areas because he and his crew have covered it already.
bbm
Good points !

Speculation :
LE may be invested in this search even if not openly on location, as BM could very well do either, or both !
It has to be torture for BM to not know what evidence LE have.
Remember BM complained (paraphrased) , "...they (LE) aren't telling me anything...".

Hmmm...Ole’ BM was confused...again! Colorado Springs is one hour away from Denver. This may explain why the GPS data did not match up. It may also have conveniently diverted the search area!
IMO, this is a tough case and they are unlikely to find her remains.

Remarriage? Circumstances? Presumed Dead? CO?
There's been discussion about circumstances under which BM could marry. One way: be patient, cross fingers for luck, and in 4 yrs and several mos, if remains are not recovered sooner, he can file action to have MisPers declared dead, per CO statute* after absence "for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead."
What kind of evidence could a man like BM offer to the court, to try to show the various required elements-
--- A wife's absence for 5 yrs continuously.
Fast forward to May 15, 2025, when he files and can testify "I have not seen her since May 10, 2020." ..........check.

--- She has not been heard from.
He can testify 'I have not heard from her since May 17, 2020, not in person, no mail, no phone, no texts." ..check.

--- No satisfactory explanation.
..... He can testify "Our marriage was ideal, she had no problems in her life. I haveo idea why she's absent.".....
check.

He can testify re above elements. .......................................................................................................................check.
Suppose no one else testifies. Then RHS, the Real Head Scratcher ...................................................................hmm?
--- Diligent search or inquiry.
He can testify:
I phoned her and left NNN voice mails on [dates].
I searched the house for her, then our prop on [dates].
I talked w LE (N times for N hours?) on [dates].
I gathered N [5?] friends to search for her in [areas], spending N days looking.
I recorded a 28 sec aud-vid on [date] which my nephew posted on FB and he opened a G-F---M- campaign page.
On ^ recording I offered $100,000 reward for her safe return. A friend matched it.
I was interviewed twice by LS, Fox News, ColSpg for N min total on [dates].
And LE - CCSO, CBI, and FBI - participated in searching and investigating.
And my BiLaw organized a search team of N ppl to search for N days in [areas].

^^^^^^ Are above searches and inquiries sufficient for a ct to find them....................................................diligent???
As always I welcome comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals.

;););) And I asked for O.J. Simpson's help in finding her.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry, Sleuthers, just kidding.:):);)

"(e) An individual whose death is not established under paragraphs (a) to (d) of this subsection (1) or under section 15-10-106.5 who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead." bbm Colorado Revised Statutes Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107 | FindLaw
Let's see. Would I like to hook up with a guy whose wife disappeared 4 or 7 years ago? Kinda creepy.

Let's see. Would I like to hook up with a guy whose wife disappeared 4 or 7 years ago? Kinda creepy.
LMAO I doubt anyone would, but I would place a heavy bet on there being a Scott Peterson type version of the story being told where BM is portrayed as a poor widower rather than how things were in reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia