Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When police search a house a second time, that could mean it's they either found evidence the first time and they want to look at it some more or they have another probably cause to search something different correct?

When police search a house a second time, that could mean it's they either found evidence the first time and they want to look at it some more or they have another probably cause to search something different correct?
yes either or. Warrants have to state with specificity what LE is looking for, they cant search for everything possibly suspicious, only whats specifically listed. That being said if something suspicious is out in the open they are allowed to take it as evidence

My husband is in the building trade. When he and other contractors have to travel for work he takes his tools into the hotel room. At least the expensive ones.

His vehicle has no markings on it but others who have traveled with him with company names emblazoned on the side have been broken into and had things stolen. His partner does the same thing so it seems it's not that unusual.

At least he isn't like a guy I knew who brought his motorcycle into his apartment during the winter months!
Every time I think about BM renting a motel room for his tools, I just keep envisioning BM trying to drive the bobcat into the motel room. :D

But I digress...

Well, if it's a consent search (the homeowner gives permission), then no warrant (or even probable cause, really) is necessary.

If the officers obtained a warrant, then you are correct: they would have had to show probable cause for the second search.

It started about 20 minutes ago! AM is calling in and right now they have 2 mountain lion experts on![/QUOTE]

It started about 20 minutes ago! AM is calling in and right now they have 2 mountain lion experts on!
God I love these guys. Tonight's show is at least partially dedicating to disproving the big cat theory and discussing their nature. Your move BM[/QUOTE]

They're basically making fun of BM, you know his ego isn't going to like this one bit. This guy may pull a Fotus Dulos...

My opinion is that LE has never been the ones to ask the family not speak to the media or the public I think that was BM way or trying to control the narrative that he wants out or not out.

You may be correct, but the Fox21 report specifically stated that AM "said his side of the family had not spoken publicly earlier during search efforts due to a request from investigators."

My husband is in the building trade. When he and other contractors have to travel for work he takes his tools into the hotel room. At least the expensive ones.

His vehicle has no markings on it but others who have traveled with him with company names emblazoned on the side have been broken into and had things stolen. His partner does the same thing so it seems it's not that unusual.

At least he isn't like a guy I knew who brought his motorcycle into his apartment during the winter months!

I also have friends in the trades and it does not matter whether you're the owner driving a fancy rig, a foreman with a company vehicle, or an apprentice driving their own vehicle, they would be remiss not to contain their tools inside their rooms overnight.

Not only are tools very expensive, but they are also extremely marketable on the street. Unfortunately, it's also a good way to get your insurance canceled or hit with huge premium increases if you make an insurance claim for stolen tools. MOO

[/QUOTE]
They're basically making fun of BM, you know his ego isn't going to like this one bit. This guy may pull a Fotus Dulos...[/QUOTE]
Good, maybe hell be mad enough to say something publicly. If AM begging him wasnt enough, maybe a poke at his ego will do the trick

Last edited:
The search is going to take a huge amount of coordination. One way we could help is to donate to lodging costs, I hope they make that type of fund available. I say "we" generally, meaning people who can't be there physically to search. Get some temporary "B&B's" going, etc. Maybe outfitting camp grounds with decent tents. And food. And cooks, and donated food.

If BM is included in the search, I'd want to accompany him and stay thisclose to him. If I wanted to go this direction and he wanted to go that direction then it's settled. I'd want to go anywhere he didn't want to go. And bring extra searchers.

On another note, way back when, I was intrigued by his day-before-the-TD-video sighting where he was seen sans shirt, red skinned and wet, gripping his steering wheel in an agitated state. I wondered whether SM was stashed somewhere in the water, maybe weighted down with large rocks and he was adding extra insurance to make sure she remained that way. Whatever caused SM's demise, if it happened in the home, I don't believe blood was shed, otherwise, BM would be resting comfortably in a jail somewhere.

If the gym he attends has another contest maybe they could bring in some rocks and see who can lift the heaviest ones and pile them in a cairn.

I also have friends in the trades and it does not matter whether you're the owner driving a fancy rig, a foreman with a company vehicle, or an apprentice driving their own vehicle, they would be remiss not to contain their tools inside their rooms overnight.

Not only are tools very expensive, but they are also extremely marketable on the street. Unfortunately, it's also a good way to get your insurance canceled or hit with huge premium increases if you make an insurance claim for stolen tools. MOO

Bigger question is, why was BM up there all day with his tools? Was he staying the week? He was vague when he spoke to TD, only discussed Mother’s Day. Was it a commercial wall or residential? Was he at a homeowner’s house working on Mother’s Day? Sitting in a hotel room with his tools? Demo-ing a wall by himself?

You may be correct, but the Fox21 report specifically stated that AM "said his side of the family had not spoken publicly earlier during search efforts due to a request from investigators."
I believe OP is saying that LE does not encourage family to ever release details (shared) of a case investigation but LE would never prevent or discourage a husband from seeking publicity for his missing spouse or speaking to any media to keep the missing person in the news. MOO

Last edited:
In his interview with the PE guys, he said "we didn't want to fudge up the investigation". I believe you, I just haven't heard him say LE asked us not to talk.

Bigger question is, why was BM up there all day with his tools? Was he staying the week? He was vague when he spoke to TD, only discussed Mother’s Day. Was it a commercial wall or residential? Was he at a homeowner’s house working on Mother’s Day? Sitting in a hotel room with his tools? Demo-ing a wall by himself?
I don't believe BM was working in Denver or Co Springs when SM disappeared. Unlike TD, I think BM was trying to pre-empt his brother-in-law's questions and that was the birth of the Co Spgs crooked wall, hotel room & tools story! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonya702